Posted: 1 years ago

It was quite a chore. On Disney plus in USA they only had an English version. So except for the songs all of it was dubbed over in English. It was cheesy & something felt off. That school of mutants really didn’t make sense. I didn’t understand why there was a 11 year Asian kid there. SRK in the beginning was funny. That could’ve been the English tho. Don’t know much about mythology but it seems it was just a set of motivational Rocky type dialogues 😂 Only in the end did I realize that was Dimple. I don’t know if I watch a Hindi version will play better but I’m not really interested in finding out. 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

It was quite a chore. On Disney plus in USA they only had an English version. So except for the songs all of it was dubbed over in English. It was cheesy & something felt off. That school of mutants really didn’t make sense. I didn’t understand why there was a 11 year Asian kid there. SRK in the beginning was funny. That could’ve been the English tho. Don’t know much about mythology but it seems it was just a set of motivational Rocky type dialogues 😂 Only in the end did I realize that was Dimple. I don’t know if I watch a Hindi version will play better but I’m not really interested in finding out. 

Agree with everything except that bit about Asian kid.

Your American is showing, Maroon😆

1.2 billion Indians belong to multiple ethnicities. Many in the north eastern states share features which look east Asian, but they are very much Indian. Kashmiris have white skin while some south Indians may be darker than Africans. A lot of Goans have mixed blood. There are tribals. I could go on.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago

I watched the first SRK-Mouni fight and the last "Tu bhaag Tenzu" and the darkness-light dialogue between RK-Mouni and the pyaar ki taakat thingy.

I literally could imagine Tenzu in his head going "I can fight, bissh, my ancestors have had this powers, what are you gonna do? Scream Shiva and scare them?"

And after watching Blur, which had a similar dialogue about darkness and light (different context) you realize how much Ayan needs to fire the current writers. 

Also, pyaar ki takat? Seriously! What is this? 2000s? Drona? Same thing with stranger thing

And everyone in Junoon's team names with the strength. Inka leader dictionary leke betha tha kya?

Loved SRK though, bakwaas dialogue ke saath bhi he made me smile (not giggle, itne dialogues mein itna hi koi Banda kar sakta hai)

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

Agree with everything except that bit about Asian kid.

Your American is showing, Maroon😆

1.2 billion Indians belong to multiple ethnicities. Many in the north eastern states share features which look east Asian, but they are very much Indian. Kashmiris have white skin while some south Indians may be darker than Africans. A lot of Goans have mixed blood. There are tribals. I could go on.

That kid stood out like a sore thumb when he was onscreen. An he wasn’t fleshed out. None of those mutants were. One guy was Neha Dhupias husband ? 

You missed the best dialogue of the film then.... 

"Shiva ko daura aya hai"

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

That kid stood out like a sore thumb when he was onscreen. An he wasn’t fleshed out. None of those mutants were. One guy was Neha Dhupias husband ? 

I wasn't commenting on quality of film.  Just explaining Indians are of many ethnicities.

Otherwise, I agree it was poorly done movie. The weakest links were the lead hero and heroine. Isha was worse than useless. She didn't belong there.

The concept was enjoyable, though, and people are waiting to see Dev and Amrita. 

This movie sucks in any language 

Main try kiya dekhana. Could only survive till that scene where Shiva invites Alia's character to his party. Woh banter itna ghatiya tha I realized I can't watch the entire movie. Waste of time 🤢

Originally posted by AdrakKombucha

Main try kiya dekhana. Could only survive till that scene where Shiva invites Alia's character to his party. Woh banter itna ghatiya tha I realized I can't watch the entire movie. Waste of time 🤢

Ap smart the wahin pe rukgaye mene sari movie dekhi 

Bohat kuch hosakta tha acha franchise bansakta tha but isha shiva story was done in haste and made no sense at all. I mean shiva tells isha about his visions and she believes him right away 

The dialogues were the worst 

Why would you do something so devastatingly heroic and brave?