Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mili9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

okay friends, how many of you would have this painting on the wall? is it me or does it look like it is out of a horror movie? ๐Ÿคฃ would you hang that ghoul on your stairs? ๐Ÿ˜‚

and what strange coffee table? viaan's house is kind of boring in comparison to katha's no? what do you say friends -- who has better house in terms of decor: katha or viaan? 

I liked the living room, Mango ji. The coffee table with stripes is a no-no as are the pillows with stripes๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ. The balcony is a nice touch which opened up the room. 

Honestly, the painting seems like that of face of Michelangelo's David from a weird angle ๐Ÿค”

RiAnsh21 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

okay friends, how many of you would have this painting on the wall? is it me or does it look like it is out of a horror movie? ๐Ÿคฃ would you hang that ghoul on your stairs? ๐Ÿ˜‚

and what strange coffee table? viaan's house is kind of boring in comparison to katha's no? what do you say friends -- who has better house in terms of decor: katha or viaan? 

I don't know the ABCD of home decor  but I really liked the home decor of katha ..

About that horror painting it reminded something of my childhood ..when I  was a kid I used to go to my grandma's friends home there was a doll it was nice still it would remind me of chuky ..I was scared I would ask them to hide it ..

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

kekeke.... while the drama is going through bit of sad story phase, I can't help but admire what a great job the set designer has done with katha's apartment. it has a certain aesthetic that really appeals to me.

pic 1 -- as you walk in, I love the laquer wall art in the hallway. it nicely frames the entrance and gives a kind of luxurious but also cultural type vibe. ties in nicely with tiles in front. also the shelf under the laquer as well as the plants give it a nice feel no? 

personally I am not a fan of cane book shelf on left as they are not steady but it seems to nicely fit in. those wall hangings give a sense of ecletic flavour. also like the use of plants. I do like that triangle bookshelf on right and how they have put plans in there to brighten the room. nice ideas to put plants on shelf. 

pic 2 -- open kitchen + dining + hall. sometimes those can look messy but here, it looks good. also can we appreciate how the sun flows into the kitchen and lights it up. the kitchen looks so good. those green tiles from a distance - wah! and we have those nice coloured green discs in the back of the dining which ties into those kitchen. then we have the seater that aarav is sitting on and again a nice splotch of green print fabric. the curtains look simple but add just enough splotch of colour. 

pic 3 -- those crochet covered modas. wah, they look great. not sure if they are practical with a child and dog but they they look fantastic along with the furniture. love the furniture style, it is old but there are reasons why they are still popular. like how the bottom sofa cushion is a plain cream while the top has this nice print but it is not overwhelming. just green flowrs but the cushions work even though those are print. also the use of mirror in the back -- widens the room.

altogether, the style of the room feels like it can be something that katha put together and fits in with her character and talent as architect. it makes sense that katha would come up with something like hertiage design because we can see those kind of aesthetic built into the house here as well. good job set designer! ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for the tag and pics ๐Ÿค—

I love the aesthetic architecture and things put up in Kathaโ€™s house โค๏ธ

Tris03 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

kekeke... same, also find paintings with faces very spooky. this one is not even a pleasant painting and it is over the top -- it literally looks like ghoul about to come devour you. imagine coming down the stairs at night and seeing that next to you like it is standing there. horror! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

guess viaan is not scared of ghosts? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bold- naaa baba๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜จ 

I agree, IT IS SPOOKY๐Ÿค” viaan should replace this asap๐Ÿ˜†

I remember in OG, ML gifted a painting to FL? Mujhe to voh bhi nahi pasand aayi. Spooky af๐Ÿ˜ณ 

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Tris03

Bold- naaa baba๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜จ 

I agree, IT IS SPOOKY๐Ÿค” viaan should replace this asap๐Ÿ˜†

I remember in OG, ML gifted a painting to FL? Mujhe to voh bhi nahi pasand aayi. Spooky af๐Ÿ˜ณ 

I watch a lot of kdramas and in many, the characters will have huge photos of themselves. I thought that was strange but that is not spooky. this one has a mouth open and reminds me of all those ghost scenes in horror movies -- right before the victim gets killed. spooky indeed. 

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: mili9

I liked the living room, Mango ji. The coffee table with stripes is a no-no as are the pillows with stripes๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ. The balcony is a nice touch which opened up the room. 

Honestly, the painting seems like that of face of Michelangelo's David from a weird angle ๐Ÿค”

if it is michelango's david, then it is ghost version. ๐Ÿ˜†

I also didn't like the coffe table with stripes. it seemed like those pants of joker. maybe that was the theme? ๐Ÿ˜†

Buy Joker Pants Online In India - Etsy India

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago
Tris03 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I watch a lot of kdramas and in many, the characters will have huge photos of themselves. I thought that was strange but that is not spooky. this one has a mouth open and reminds me of all those ghost scenes in horror movies -- right before the victim gets killed. spooky indeed. 

Bold - I've seen this in some Marathi tv shows also. Hero ke room me hero ka photo๐Ÿ˜†

UL๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

mango.falooda thumbnail

"I don't understand whether Viaan got the contract or not. Because if he did, the client shouldn't be micromanaging him, right? If he didn't, then, Pyramid trying to poach Katha and lobby with the Sheik, all make sensesmiley21. I am very confused smiley29" -- mili

mili - I was thinking of whether to respond to you in DT and then thought it would be more appropriate to write here since this thread is more about architecture and not everyone cares so much about this work contract aspect. ๐Ÿ˜… in DT, we are all mind boggled by the upcoming one night stand and katha's choices.

so I have been thinking about it a lot and I think viaan's firm isn't architecture but a constuction/engineering services firm. if that is the case, then this plot arc makes a lot more sense. 

now mind you, I am not an engineer and neither do I have any work experience in that area. one of my uncles retired as senior management in a hard core engineering company. when I used to visit him, we would go for his evening walk together and he would share snippets of his past work life. 

so right before and after quotations, spying and counter quotations were quite common. he didn't tell me how these corporate espionage stuff happened but he did tell me that sometimes at the last minute, their company or their competitor would change their quote and it would be just one unit difference. 

say there is a tender and the company with the lowest bid generally wins. so if company x bids 15,557,77 as the value, company y bids 15,557,76 -- company y will win. now, just because you won the bid, doesn't mean you won the tender. there can still be lots of backdoor negotiations happen where you may not get the tender. so you could be deemed unfit to execute the tender for a variety of reasons. 

so till it is officially announced, there is a lot of joustling that happens. also the way large scale engineering projects happens, there is a whole heirachy with contractors, sub-contracts and those under. there are many, many companies involved in a large scale engineering project. 

now, what my uncle shared with me was from years ago but apparently, that kind of competitiveness and undercutting still exists. so, here is what I have understood after some thought: I have been confused because I was thinking of small scale building and a small architecture firm where they are vying for the designs. however, viaan's company is more of a construction firm and they are vying for the build. he does not seem to be architect at all. it makes more sense then why they have architect as lead but she is actually not yet permanent. their focus is not architecture but rather the build itself. this is large scale build and we have to think something landmark.

sheikh is most likely head of some sort of ministry -- say ministry of culture and his job is to approve some project with goals such as promoting culture and increasing tourism. he is also vying to get investors and that is one of the aims of the project. he has assigned mr. beard as the overall management for this project and it is job to get the right construction firm, engineering services and other details. so he not only will be managing viaan but also a whole bunch of other junior sub-contractors such as staffing, land, services, engineering services etc. 

mr. beard is under pressure because he has to present some sort of mock-up before the investors meet that is set to occur. my guess is that it is some investment summit forum where big shots arrive. 

now viaan is mr beard's pick but the final authority is the sheikh, the head of ministry. what pyramid is doing is trying to open backdoor channel negotiations with the sheikh to push themselves as the best engineering services. so if the sheikh is convinced, he will award them the contract but they will have to work with mr beard. as of now, the contract is still not in anyone's hands and they are all still hustling as the main sub-contractor. 

all of this can be made more clearer but most of the viewers are watching for the story of the one night stand rather than whether viaan will get contract. ๐Ÿ˜‚. 

RiAnsh21 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Ons chodde contract milega they will work together 

mango.falooda thumbnail

might as well appreciate mr. beard if no one else going to do it. ๐Ÿคฃ

part of me thinks he would look more handsome if that beard was trimmed a bit. he looks quite well built -- looks at those arms, shoulders and the way his shirt fits. ๐Ÿ˜‚. he has a nice gravely voice and his character is so no-nonsense and authoritative. 

he is also sharp; not someone that can be manipulated at all by random antics (such as the FL kidnapping him while pretending to be the driver and then cooks him some meal that he can get even better in a restaurant; instead, of charging her with kidnapping, he instead gives ML contract. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ )

no, this is not a sitara CEO but a client with a brain! viaan has to work hard to get this man's approval. neither food nor random desi lectures will sway this man. ๐Ÿคฃ talk to him about business only! smiley20

he also seems to have a good dress sense and I appreciate that he doesn't show up in those colourful suits like in sitara serials where the client generally looks like a comedy piece and you wonder how he can possibly be so rich and client? ๐Ÿคฃ

will we see more of mr. beard? I hope so! ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜