Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MayaFruitbae thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: amrapali2

Yes, you are right about the lack of...I don't know, but I guess flavour in Katha's clothes. Initially I used to feel that the repeating clothes and accessories (like her black handbag) was due to the makers' intention to mirror real life, where we all repeat clothing. So I appreciate the makers for their intention. But as a viewer, I am increasingly getting bored. I mean, a woman can be dressed fashionably even on a budget, while repeating clothes! Maybe Katha's character isn't someone who cares much about clothes though? But that fact is just boring for the sake of the viewer, as we don't have much to look forward to in terms of the FL's aesthetics. I feel that Katha's character could have had the potential of being the fashion inspiration of so many working woman across the country, but the makers don't wish to do that I guess. 

If the clothes are not that great, at least the accessories could have been better in my opinion. I am someone who loves jewellery, so I longed to see different kind of jewellery on Katha. But Aditi said in an interview that she is allergic to metal, so I can't blame about this aspect. But accessories also include handbags, scarfs, and other small details. And these aspects are completely missing from the show. 

I get the approach that the makers are trying to take with Katha, but I do definitely wish that Katha was presented more as a fashion icon for working women in India. In fact, that might even raise the popularity of the show, along with the interest. There are so many shows which have become popular due to fashion after all! 

But I have to appreciate the hairstylist of Katha. I personally love the hairstyles that Katha wears in each episode. 

True right piece of jewellery can make a huge difference in style . They can actually try that  as per Aditi comfort . 

Shalzie thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

M, unfortunately I can't contribute much to the conversation on architecture but I love reading and learning๐Ÿ˜Šthank you for sharing. My idea of architecture would be very modern where the design is very simple. It needs to be white and should let in loads of light! Lol. No dark spaces for me. I also like minimalist decor. I would use colours to play with the white theme.

In respect of traditional wear, I always buy from fabindia. The clothes are simple and elegant. The beauty is in the fabric. Would have looked nice on Katha, especially if she used the proper accessory. I agree with what you guys are saying about Viaan's clothes. I personally find Adnan very appealing as a man. They are boring us by making him wear the same dark suits over and over! Not many actors successfully manage to carry off the rich elegant look but Adnan has the potential. I still can't forget the way he looked in that black tshirt! And no, I do not have a crush!๐ŸคฃI am not replacing my Aryan๐Ÿคฃ

Param-Sundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: a2zahid

I think sherdil shergil started off really good but then it got too saas bhau for my liking but stil watch all of it because me and my mum used to watch it together 

I hope katha donโ€™t go that way 

How's it going?

I've stopped watching since end of December

Sherdil toh I didn't even reach anywhere only till their secret got revealed to Raj's family 

Grey-licious thumbnail

Originally posted by: Param-Sundari

How's it going?

I've stopped watching since end of December

Sherdil toh I didn't even reach anywhere only till their secret got revealed to Raj's family 

Pooojaa aap yaha ๐Ÿค—

Param-Sundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grey-licious

Pooojaa aap yaha ๐Ÿค—

Yep ๐Ÿค—

You watching? I stopped by December, even before the ONS, exam tha, restart nahi kar paayi

Grey-licious thumbnail

Yep ๐Ÿค—

You watching? I stopped by December, even before the ONS, exam tha, restart nahi kar paayi

Yup abhi 2 din pehle hi 

binge watched all 80 episode in 3 days

Param-Sundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grey-licious

Yup abhi 2 din pehle hi 

binge watched all 80 episode in 3 days

Kaisa lag raha?

Shall I restart? Worth hai time Dene ka?

Grey-licious thumbnail

Kaisa lag raha?

Shall I restart? Worth hai time Dene ka?

yes please

do watch it

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: a year ago

shimo -- I randomly watch arch presentations on youtube for timepass. something soothing for me. ๐Ÿ˜†

intially I didn't get the arch style that katha was referring to but then totally understood what they were going for (especially when they were showing pottery on slides and everyone on forum was like HUH?!). so like I mentioned in page 1 of this thread, this is actually something in trend and appeals to a certain client base. 

so if you see the video of this renovated house that popped up in my feed today, you will get the idea of what katha is trying to do in lonovala project. it is a stunning house and it totally made my heart sing. ๐Ÿ˜‚

https://youtu.be/ZR5qV2oTFe0

this is an old kerala house on riverfront. 

here is what I understood from the owners (which wasn't subtitled). she was very specific in terms of renovations. she wanted to keep the house structurally as is (historical and sentimental value) but wanted to update it with emphasis on utility. she also wanted the central courtyard as a focal point and is very happy that is now her favourite spot (the swing) where she can see all the house. in the end, daughter/daughter-in-law talks about how happy she is with the architect as they kept to the brief which was to connect the exterior with a modern interior without the two sides clashing. 

the architect narration is in english and he is very clear. 

now if we see the outfits: the owner and daughter are dressed in traditional clothes and fabrics. even the architect is wearing a cotton linen shirt with high collar with jeans -- this is a kind of modern but traditional look which is in line with keeping the presentation of the house. 

this is very typical among the videos I see in this arch design style. whether it is the owners or the architects themselves, they are very conscious of a certain design aesthetic and that travels through the house, the interiors as well as their own personal style.

so a lot of katha yammering would feel more real if they had her wear more ethnic type clothes with a western twist -- so something that shows modern yet traditional. that is why katha's arch dialogues and ideas don't necessarily translate and sound empty. 

same with earthcon being into sustainable development. people in that space have a strong aesthetic sense and that includes maintaining textiles and crafts heritage as well. 

Edited by mango.falooda - a year ago
Shimokatha thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: a year ago

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

shimo -- I randomly watch arch presentations on youtube for timepass. something soothing for me. ๐Ÿ˜†

intially I didn't get the arch style that katha was referring to but then totally understood what they were going for (especially when they were showing pottery on slides and everyone on forum was like HUH?!). so like I mentioned in page 1 of this thread, this is actually something in trend and appeals to a certain client base. 

so if you see the video of this renovated house that popped up in my feed today, you will get the idea of what katha is trying to do in lonovala project. it is a stunning house and it totally made my heart sing. ๐Ÿ˜‚

this is an old kerala house on riverfront. 

here is what I understood from the owners (which wasn't subtitled). she was very specific in terms of renovations. she wanted to keep the house structurally as is (historical and sentimental value) but wanted to update it with emphasis on utility. she also wanted the central courtyard as a focal point and is very happy that is now her favourite spot (the swing) where she can see all the house. in the end, daughter/daughter-in-law talks about how happy she is with the architect as they kept to the brief which was to connect the exterior with a modern interior without the two sides clashing. 

the architect narration is in english and he is very clear. 

now if we see the outfits: the owner and daughter are dressed in traditional clothes and fabrics. even the architect is wearing a cotton linen shirt with high collar with jeans -- this is a kind of modern but traditional look which is in line with keeping the presentation of the house. 

this is very typical among the videos I see in this arch design style. whether it is the owners or the architects themselves, they are very conscious of a certain design aesthetic and that travels through the house, the interiors as well as their own personal style.

so a lot of katha yammering would feel more real if they had her wear more ethnic type clothes with a western twist -- so something that shows modern yet traditional. that is why katha's arch dialogues and ideas don't necessarily translate and sound empty. 

same with earthcon being into sustainable development. people in that space have a strong aesthetic sense and that includes maintaining textiles and crafts heritage as well. 

Thank you dear for the detailed illustration ๐Ÿ’š