Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Shwetha02

The image just hit me hard for some personal reasons!

That’s always been one thing that irks me. I just can’t fathom why a parent figure would get up and out of a child’s life that they helped bring in? That’s 100% abandoning their responsibilities.

You don’t feel like a parent? The kid didn’t ask you to be his/her parent … you brought them into this world. 

You’re not ready? Then don’t have sex or cut off your ovaries and testicles (medically). Condoms and birth control pills aren’t 100% protection. There’s abortion, but that depends on beliefs and mainly the woman’s choice. 

I’ve read stories of kids growing up to find out their dad that left them started a new family a few years after and is living happily ever after. It’s so heartbreaking. 

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: guenhwyvar

That’s always been one thing that irks me. I just can’t fathom why a parent figure would get up and out of a child’s life that they helped bring in? That’s 100% abandoning their responsibilities.

You don’t feel like a parent? The kid didn’t ask you to be his/her parent … you brought them into this world. 

You’re not ready? Then don’t have sex or cut off your ovaries and testicles (medically). Condoms and birth control pills aren’t 100% protection. There’s abortion, but that depends on beliefs and mainly the woman’s choice. 

I’ve read stories of kids growing up to find out their dad that left them started a new family a few years after and is living happily ever after. It’s so heartbreaking. 

Completely agree with you ,if elders are finding difficult to cope up with their emotions then kids might feel even more harder to understand thier emotions as well!

That being said my dad left this world some 25 years ago and he is wonderful person ,i miss not having him in real!

Life is good now thanks to closed ones i have!

The image just got me little emotional😊

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Music always helps me in low moments 

guenhwyvar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shwetha02

Completely agree with you ,if elders are finding difficult to cope up with their emotions then kids might feel even more harder to understand thier emotions as well!

That being said my dad left this world some 25 years ago and he is wonderful person ,i miss not having him in real!

Life is good now thanks to closed ones i have!

The image just got me little emotional😊

Oof. I’m really sorry about your loss! It may be 25 years but no amount of time can really fill in the space he took. But he does still live in your heart, your memories, and in you. And a good support system like the one you have helps extremely! I’m glad you were able to find those people in your life!❤️ 

guenhwyvar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlackWitch

Beautifully expressed 👏 Someone said that the most precious gift we can give anyone is our time. And that’s so true when dealing with depression.

If we just carved some time to allow a depressed person to open up to us, it would help them so much. You are such a warm hearted person for offering this safe space for even strangers to express 💗

Regarding the “how tos” and “what tos”, this needs to be a part of the school curriculum. Parents and children both have to be sensitised to it, without the stigma of mental health. Our school education, atleast mine, was lacking in so many real world issues. All the history, maths, geography can’t help in adulting like mental health awareness, healthy relationship indicators and proper sex education can. 

Agree. We got one health/sex ed class in 9th grade (14/15 years old I think) and never repeated again. Not in college, not at grad school. 

How much of a diluted perspective of the real world is a 14/15 year old supposed to learn in 3ish months? 

I remember this girl in my biology class. I was in 9th grade, she was either a 10th or 11th grader. She was kinda goth, but she was an ass lol. But she looked after me, so she was cool and definitely one of my favorite classmates. 

She raved about her about to have sex with her boyfriend during some month. Later, she stopped attending class (bio was a year long course for us). Where did she go? She transferred to the other school down the road … where all the “baddies” go. She got pregnant. 

Education is so important and beyond that is the quality of teachers. I’m not saying she shouldn’t have had sex - her life, her choice - but I wonder if things would have gone differently for her if our health teacher was remotely interesting and didn’t make sex sound like an ewww thing we just had to speed talk about because state mandates it. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Dp the trendsetter to speak about depression openly, they used to hide this mental state until dp started talking about it. When dp talks depression people say publicity stunt when in fact dp has a friend who committed sui# due to depression so dp had talk about after that tragic event. Alia copies everything dp does 

NautankiSaali17 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Terenaina

Dp the trendsetter to speak about depression openly, they used to hide this mental state until dp started talking about it. When dp talks depression people say publicity stunt when in fact dp has a friend who committed sui# due to depression so dp had talk about after that tragic event. Alia copies everything dp does 

I am not even a Alia fan but cannot believe I am about to defend her here.

@bold: no, she is not in this case. Alia's own sister suffered from severe depression for years and also wrote a book on it. All this piece of information is available on the internet. DP even supported Shaheen during the book release.

Again, putting your personal likes and dislikes aside we need to appreciate when these celebs speak about normalizing depression. It creates awareness and gives strength to people who are scared to speak about it. Be it DP, Alia or Anushka. I know they have money and access to professionals but that doesnt mean that they cant speak about it. Money does not solve anything. It never has otherwise all these artists we have lost over the years to depression wouldnt be happening coz they all had plenty of money.

Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: NautankiSaali17

I am not even a Alia fan but cannot believe I am about to defend her here.

@bold: no, she is not in this case. Alia's own sister suffered from severe depression for years and also wrote a book on it. All this piece of information is available on the internet. DP even supported Shaheen during the book release.

Again, putting your personal likes and dislikes aside we need to appreciate when these celebs speak about normalizing depression. It creates awareness and gives strength to people who are scared to speak about it. Be it DP, Alia or Anushka. I know they have money and access to professionals but that doesnt mean that they cant speak about it. Money does not solve anything. It never has otherwise all these artists we have lost over the years to depression wouldnt be happening coz they all had plenty of money.

Alia is copying dp clothing style here but I always said it’s really nice to see all the celebrities who talk about mental health it’s important whether it is dp or Alia or anyone 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Terenaina

Again a bigger WOW....😳

Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Good catch 😆 🤣👏 maybe their common denominator is responsible for their depression 🤪

Thank you for the laugh today, funny posts