Posted: 2 months ago

I really like her when she speaks maturely ❤️

https://youtube.com/shorts/C0fd2LMeUFE?feature=share

Edited by BlackWitch - 2 months ago

Her sister went through severe depression and that is why she has seen it so close...

I love when actresses speak about depression....it encourages the common people suffering with depression to atleast talk about it....so many people suffer and some take their own lives because they are scared of speaking up...confiding in someone and asking for help.....these actors remove the taboo from depression...

So true 💗 My childhood friend died by suicide. I think she was depressed and had no one to confide in. When her boyfriend broke up with her, it seemed to have been the last straw. 

I have had people, including my own mother, talk about depression as if it doesn’t exist. A lot of Indian parents are so dismissive about it, and term it as a temporary phase that gets solved by getting a job/getting married/having children/waking up early.

I am really happy that celebs are using the platforms they have been given to speak out about this issue. They may get mocked or trolled for it. Eg. people mock Deepika all the time for talking about depression. But it still needs to be constantly spoken about, again and again till the point gets drilled in people’s heads.

Originally posted by blue-ice.1

Her sister went through severe depression and that is why she has seen it so close...

I love when actresses speak about depression....it encourages the common people suffering with depression to atleast talk about it....so many people suffer and some take their own lives because they are scared of speaking up...confiding in someone and asking for help.....these actors remove the taboo from depression...

She is 29 and a mother to be. Why should she not speak maturely? The bar is in hell for these star kids. You all have such low expectations from them…

Edited by Sorein - 2 months ago

Thanks, but the “criticise-because-you-have-no-real-opinion-to-share” threads are outside this one.

Originally posted by Sorein

She is 29 and a mother to be. Why should she not speak maturely? The bar is in hell for these star kids. You all have such low expectations from them…

Edited by BlackWitch - 2 months ago

That was an opinion. Did you expect a philosophical debate to happen? If so, your own contribution should have been less immature, you didn’t spark any debate besides saying how mature she sounds. Next time lead by example if you expect a different answer and more substance.

Originally posted by BlackWitch

Thanks, but the “criticise-because-you-have-no-real-opinion-to-share” threads are outside this one.

Edited by Sorein - 2 months ago

Depression is serious and we should not be getting advice or take away points from these actors, especially nepo kids. We don’t need celebrities to tell us anything about it 

Would you get any other medical advice from these actors? No na? Please seek proper and legitimate mental health resources, and don’t take advice from fakes who just want attention. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 2 months ago

Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Depression is serious and we should be getting advice or take away points from these actors, especially nepo kids. We don’t need celebrities to tell us anything about it 

Would you get any other medical advice from these actors? No na? Please seek proper and legitimate mental health resources, and don’t take advice from fakes who just want attention. 

I see , so you mean Deepika’s depression talk and any advise is not to be taken seriously as well . Interesting