Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Bee222

Sorryyy

I got distracted by other stuff yesterday and then fell asleep 😅🙈

no worries😆

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Your instructions to "Please mention the story too along with its serial number" are easily misunderstood as "use the serial number to indicate the story."

"Please quote the story text along with its serial number" would make your meaning clearer.

How are they misunderstood? The three literally mean the same thing. Aren't serial number supposed to indicate? Aren't they like the primary key of a data entry (Did they teach me wrong in college? Gotta get my fees back, brb)

I think I will rely on people voting for their feedback on this one. Anyone having issues with and is voting, hit me up. As long as the votes come in, m honestly good. 

Appreciate your feedbacks though, they are real helpers.

MochaQueen thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Originally posted by: oye_nakhrewaali

Vijay ko bolo jaldi jaldi GA kare😅 

I think its still not GA?

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: la_Reine

I think its still not GA?

Hum bata chuke, ab aap batao😅😂

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

How are they misunderstood? The three literally mean the same thing. Aren't serial number supposed to indicate? Aren't they like the primary key of a data entry (Did they teach me wrong in college? Gotta get my fees back, brb)

I think I will rely on people voting for their feedback on this one. Anyone having issues with and is voting, hit me up. As long as the votes come in, m honestly good. 

Appreciate your feedbacks though, they are real helpers.

Indicate = point at. This could be as brief as giving the serial number from an index, which two voters did, and it wasn't enough for you, so I tried to help.

Mention = refer to. Your instruction to "Please mention the story too along with its serial number" could be satisfied with the word "story" and the serial number alone ("Story no. #"), or an allusion ("the pet abuse story"), or a paraphrase ("He'll break her nose if she uses the wrong mustard"), or a translation into Hinglish ("Where गयी आजकल मेरी matriarch के loving hands की रोटी?"), or an anagram, or a numerological value ...

Quote = reproduce the text. You wanted voters to do this, and if those two voters didn't understand "mention" as "quote" after reading your instructions carefully, they didn't need a reminder to "mention" from tournesol. They saw that other voters were quoting, and fixed their posts, so it's all good, except that one wrong serial number.

Red font: correct points, but you seem to be arguing against your own rule. The primary key isn't enough to identify the story; the voter must quote. Good rule, and I hope voters will follow it, even if I couldn't help.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Hi, Please check your pm! :)

MochaQueen thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Hum bata chuke, ab aap batao😅😂

Aaj kal to wo khud ki bhi nahi sunta. I think he is very busy

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dream Weavers

Link of the Voting thread containing all the lovely entries

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5303488

Edited by tournesol - 1 years ago
Bee222 thumbnail

Finally read all the entries and now I fully empathize with the judges... they've been given a tough job here 🙈 chun chun ke 10 entries nikalo 😈😆

Some strong ppl have already cast in their votes, wishing good luck to the ones remaining (if any) 😆

Edited by Bee222 - 1 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bee222

Finally read all the entries and now I fully empathize with the judges... they've been given a tough job here 🙈 chun chun ke 10 entries nikalo 😈😆

Some strong ppl have already cast in their votes, wishing good luck to the ones remaining (if any) 😆

Zara pm check karna🤣