Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlackWitch thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The sheer entitlement some people have. If only they put that much effort in writing good stories 😇

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

You can use the Post Quick Jump feature to find out whether someone ever acknowledged the organizers. My first post in this topic begins, "Interesting challenge!" With my vote, I wrote "Thank you to all the authors for sharing, and to the organizers for allowing me to vote." So, now I don't feel guilty for asking what is going on with the result.

Your only post in this topic before you scolded me was to explain how busy you are, and conveys this appreciation for the organizers: "Koi aur theme nahi mila tha tujhe smiley29" Your vote in the voting thread also doesn't include a word of thanks. Better late than never. I'm glad that you appreciate the organizers, and please continue to express yourself.

ExoticDisaster thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

You can use the Post Quick Jump feature to find out whether someone ever acknowledged the organizers. My first post in this topic begins, "Interesting challenge!" With my vote, I wrote "Thank you to all the authors for sharing, and to the organizers for allowing me to vote." So, now I don't feel guilty for asking what is going on with the result.

Your only post in this topic before you scolded me was to explain how busy you are, and conveys this appreciation for the organizers: "Koi aur theme nahi mila tha tujhe smiley29" Your vote in the voting thread also doesn't include a word of thanks. Better late than never. I'm glad that you appreciate the organizers, and please continue to express yourself.

I don't need to be active in the thread to be a part of this contest. You don't know the rapport I share with the organisers. So don't comment on that. I know and they know in what sense I wrote what I wrote. They know I am not a foody so I thought writing on food isn't my expertise. Stop vetting the literal meaning of everything phrase I write. 

I have a life outside IF so I don't have time to dig up old posts and read what you said before, even if you hyperlink your posts. And for your information, I always try keep abreast of the contests organised by the FFDT and share my views at the end when results are announced. The organisers know that. If you don't, you can go and dig old contests organised by the team to clarify this. 

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Dear BrhannadaArmour,

Firstly, I assure you that there are valid reasons why a delay is taking place in announcing the results and I don't think I need to explain all the details and whys. After all the effort that went into creating a friendly and inclusive contest, these are the kind of questions one gets to hear in return (refering to the questions in your previous post).

If you are interested in knowing what kind of situations may cause a delay, I would suggest you to host a contest too and see for yourself.

Secondly, you don't need to hyperlink Animagus_Shiri's post and point out flaws in her replies (which are not even flaws, just friendly banter). The organizers are well aware of her sincere support as opposed to people who might say thanks and not mean it.

If you indeed meant your thanks then along with your thanks, some patience will be kindly appreciated.

Best regards,

Tiara

Edited by tournesol - 1 years ago

My intention was not to hurt your feelings, Animagus_Shiri, only to suggest self-awareness. Since you made a false accusation that I never expressed appreciation for the organizers, I examined whether I had done anything to give you that impression, and whether you had set a good example for me to follow. I come here to amuse myself with the topics; I have no interest in your personal qualities or etiquette, and so I usually ignore personal attacks, unresearched self-owns, and other attention-seeking behaviour.

As tournesol pointed out, "thanks" can be insincere. I avoid quid pro quo flattery and I prefer to receive unsolicited, spontaneous expressions. I would never be permitted to host a contest on IndiaForums, but is there any better way to appreciate the organizers' time than to give my own time to their contest? I wrote stories, I read every story carefully, I voted, I may have contributed in other ways that the organizers wish I hadn't ...

Now I would like to spend some time discussing my favourite stories with their authors before everyone loses interest.

Remember the Santa Prompts Are Coming To Town contest? By the time the result was announced, most authors were no longer paying attention. I didn't get to read their stories, let alone offer feedback.

The result is not important to me, but if you're holding up everything else for it, please don't.

I don't want to spoil your hard work on the contest, so instead of just doing what I want to do, I am patiently asking your permission.

When can authors reveal who wrote which story? When can we openly discuss what we liked or disliked about each story, who had the same idea, or what is the context of each story? When can we publish our stories in the Fan Fiction section, request covers, offer them as writing prompts etc.?

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

When can authors reveal who wrote which story? When can we openly discuss what we liked or disliked about each story, who had the same idea, or what is the context of each story? When can we publish our stories in the Fan Fiction section, request covers, offer them as writing prompts etc.?

We aren't holding up everything else for the results, instead something is holding up the results. During 'Santa Prompts Are Coming To Town contest' also organizers had a valid reason for the delay.

Please be a little patient. You can go ahead with all of these once the results are published.

I am not publishing my stories in the Fan Fiction section yet, since you want the results out first, but is there any problem with copying stories into Pending books?

Only FFEditors would be able to see who wrote which Pending book, right?

Are there any tags that you would like us to use, e.g. #WriteTheBite in the title and writethebite in the user-defined tags?

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

I am not publishing my stories in the Fan Fiction section yet, since you want the results out first, but is there any problem with copying stories into Pending books?

Only FFEditors would be able to see who wrote which Pending book, right?

Are there any tags that you would like us to use, e.g. #WriteTheBite in the title and writethebite in the user-defined tags?

Results are out. You can publish your stories or use them as prompts (They are your stories, so the copyright lies with you. Use them whichever way you want). Feel free to discuss other's stories, without hurting any writer's feelings.

We do not have any officially defined tag for Write the Bite Contest since this contest is a member initiated contest, and not an FFDT initiated contest. Feel free to use whatever tag you find suitable. Any further queries regarding publishing in the FF section will be dealt by FFDT.