Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

No campaign against LSC is all over media. Aaj tak ran a show on how LSC insults Indian army by showing a low IQ man in army.

Times now ran a show with statements like Aamir said to leave India or hurt Hindu sentiments.

All over Telegram, Whatsapp, FB, YouTube, Twitter, Quora, Reddit, Medium, Instagram, Tumblr etc there are propaganda about how Aamir is anti national and calls to boycott LSC. It is not just a Twitter hashtag. 

The film is being targeted deliberately. Even some veterans were brought on a YouTube channel bashing LSC for insulting Indian army by showing man with intellectual deficiency in Indian army.

You have quoted me that's why I am replying. I have no intention to carry out the discussion as I firmly stand with my POV.

Some of you guys are hell bent on making this a Hindu Muslim agenda, which I think is not at all true. 

What was the need of Aamir to bring religion everytime in his preaching? That guy is obnoxious, hinduphobic Moron. Even There was huge hue and cry during Jodhha Akbar, Karni Sena Boycott movie (sorry forgot the name). Even cinema halls were targeted. But they did business. Even pk was the highest grosser of that year. So where the fcuk is intolerance there?

And what he showed about recruitment in Indian army is completely wrong. He could have done some basic research or else removed the army angle completely. Jo mann mein aaya bhar diya and thought audience will gobble it up. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

You have quoted me that's why I am replying. I have no intention to carry out the discussion as I firmly stand with my POV.

Some of you guys are hell bent on making this a Hindu Muslim agenda, which I think is not at all true. 

What was the need of Aamir to bring religion everytime in his preaching? That guy is obnoxious, hinduphobic Moron. Even There was huge hue and cry during Jodhha Akbar, Karni Sena Boycott movie (sorry forgot the name). Even cinema halls were targeted. But they did business. Even pk was the highest grosser of that year. So where the fcuk is intolerance there?

And what he showed about recruitment in Indian army is completely wrong. He could have done some basic research or else removed the army angle completely. Jo mann mein aaya bhar diya and thought audience will gobble it up. 

What did he say about Indian army recruiting?

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I was pretty turned off by the trailer. Aamir was unbearable to watch even through the entire duration of the trailer and the scene by scene copy with ridiculous superficial changes such as the golgappa dialogue all pointed towards lazy screenplay adaptation and writing. 

I don't know how much of an impact the boycott made towards the collections. But I feel the trailer made no impact and actually put off fans of the original movie, (even those who actually like Aamir Khan's films). It honestly didn't create much buzz initially - not even a strong negative buzz to catch people's attention. 

At this point, it almost feels like boycott is being made a scapegoat for the film's failure. 

atominis thumbnail

Aamir is Hinduphobic? How? PK has bashed all religious fanatics. Hirani made that film and Abhijat Joshi wrote it. Why not target them and how is Akshay not Hinduphobic for doing OMG? 

Anyway criticising BJP is not being anti Hindu. BJP does not represent any religion as its sole guardian. This is like saying bashing Akali Dal is attacking Sikhism or bashing AIMIM is Islamophobia.

As for Indian army, they did not say army recruits such people. It was a fictional take. Army does not even sing songs  during war at Border as shown in Border nor has traitors or cowards vomiting  at sight of dead body or wanting leave just at time when war breaks out. But how many bash border? How many bashed Dil se for showing army men rape minor girls? How many bashed Tango Charlie for showing army men trying to rape women and discussing sex, perverted fantasies while still on duty in a forest area near border? 

Those films are not bashed as they had Ajay or Deols. I guess Dil Se would be targeted today too as it stars SRK. 

Carry on the double standards. Akshay and Paresh are not Hinduphobic for OMG. Nor is Hirani so for PK. Amitabh is  not Hinduphobic for playing atheist and bashing idols of gods in Deewar, Nastik, Hera Pheri and exposing Hindu godmen as frauds in Jaadugar. Only Aamir is Hinduphobic for doing PK. Slow claps.

Alpenliebe thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

What did he say about Indian army recruiting?

He didn't say anything, just showed a dimwit like LSC in Indian Army.

Alpenliebe thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Aamir is Hinduphobic? How? PK has bashed all religious fanatics. Hirani made that film and Abhijat Joshi wrote it. Why not target them and how is Akshay not Hinduphobic for doing OMG? 

Anyway criticising BJP is not being anti Hindu. BJP does not represent any religion as its sole guardian. This is like saying bashing Akali Dal is attacking Sikhism or bashing AIMIM is Islamophobia.

As for Indian army, they did not say army recruits such people. It was a fictional take. Army does not even sing songs  during war at Border as shown in Border nor has traitors or cowards vomiting  at sight of dead body or wanting leave just at time when war breaks out. But how many bash border? How many bashed Dil se for showing army men rape minor girls? How many bashed Tango Charlie for showing army men trying to rape women and discussing sex, perverted fantasies while still on duty in a forest area near border? 

Those films are not bashed as they had Ajay or Deols. I guess Dil Se would be targeted today too as it stars SRK. 

Carry on the double standards. Akshay and Paresh are not Hinduphobic for OMG. Nor is Hirani so for PK. Amitabh is  not Hinduphobic for playing atheist and bashing idols of gods in Deewar, Nastik, Hera Pheri and exposing Hindu godmen as frauds in Jaadugar. Only Aamir is Hinduphobic for doing PK. Slow claps.

As I said I will always stand with my views and audience rejecting LSC proves that. 

We have our own POVs. Let's respect that. Hope bollywood learn from these rejections and make some good movies instead of depending on controversies to sail their boat.

Happy Independence Day to all my dear forum mates.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

He didn't say anything, just showed a dimwit like LSC in Indian Army.

The character is dim witted tho 

atominis thumbnail

Happy I Day.

But why ignore question on why you do not consider other actors Hinduphobic but only Aamir? I have listed their controversial films too where they mocked or questioned Gods and rituals or showed army men in bad light. Why avoid replying that?

Alpenliebe thumbnail

Just type OMG controversy on Google and see the results. In some places screenings were stopped by police. Then WOM picked up. And I am not saying. It's on google.

Regarding Army raping minors or whatever, you must have heard about war crime. 

Akshay Kumar still facing mockery for his bathing Shivling with milk comment. 

Still you want to ignore all this things because for some people Khans can do no wrong. Whatever they make are of gold standard. It's only bhakts who target them for their religion. Sorry buds but I can't argue with you. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

"...for some people Khans can do no wrong"...

Alpenliebe, that is  n o t  the point of what atominis wrote...

I did not like the trailer and Aamir's facial expressions in it, I did not like the fact that he tried to transport the Forrest Gump story to India to make an Indian version of it, I'm still not really inclined to watch the movie...

b u t

I would never ever participate in or even accept a boycott campaign for a movie that doesn't harm anybody and is not done with a political agenda.

Regarding your reaction to atominis' reasoning and how you write about Aamir's person shows me that the propaganda "fell on fertile ground", that your mind follows exactly how it is intended to follow.

Modi and the BJP/RRS (and followers) are not the first (and will not be the last) ruler of a country who want to force their thinking/wishes/power-hunger on a population (that - allegedly - voted in their favour) by manipulating opinions (the very prominent Hitler and the NSDAP did it with the Jews and the communists step by step through their propaganda - radio, newspapers, the Entertainmant Industry, the army, education...everything was aligned to their thinking and goals and their idea of Aryan supremacy). Modi & Co are doing nothing else with their proclamation of Hindi supremacy and through the targeting of everybody who has a critical mind vis à vis an intolerant (and hostile) proceeding.

Spreading hatred against the targeted people is the key and only people who keep their mind open and critical will see through a manipulation that has nothing to do with the quality of a movie...

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago