Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sellysona thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Ok so I rarely comment on this forum but this post is something I can't help replying to. 

Whenever a movie becomes hit, it's the actor and actress who get famous, it's them who gets brands and endorsement, it's them who are idolize blindly by people, it's them who get various fan club's, it's them who are recognised by common public, it's them who gets stardom. That time only few care who is the writer, producer, director of the movie. It's the actor and actress who gets all the fame. Most of the common masses don't even know who is Rajkumar hirani and how is related to PK movie. 

When one is ready to embrace the fame, they also have to be ready to embrace the heat of that very fame if something goes wrong. 

Now, no where I am saying the boycott is correct or wrong. Or if Aamir is targeted due to religion. It's just because he was the face of the movie. People were angry on his cheeks which carried the pics of Hindu god and goddess not Rajkumar hirani. And to top the cherry, people also co related with Satyamev Jayate episode where he questioned some Hindu rituals. 

Even Ranbir Kapoor being a Hindu is targeted for Bramhstra movie where he is seen entering God pandal in slippers. So it's not about religion. It's about the face which gets the fame also bears the heat. Also not to mention hypocrisy, where you are seen questioning others religion which is a sensitive topic for many, but not doing the same for your own religion( Satyamev Jayate episode). Every religion may have shortcomings. Either question all or none. 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: sheena.cool

Some ghosts maybe who have done all that hungama

Oh man do you really think handful of Twitter people can make a whole movie flop in a coutry of over 100 crores population? Height of ignorance 😳. 

Jo sochna hai soch lo. Mujhse aur nahi hota

Romanoger thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This film had literally no buzz some weeks back than mamu come up with this dead controversy sheild for promotion or to shift the blame for failure which according to me worked admirably. 

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

Oh man do you really think handful of Twitter people can make a whole movie flop in a coutry of over 100 crores population? Height of ignorance 😳. 

Jo sochna hai soch lo. Mujhse aur nahi hota

Not just twitter 

All social media 

Do check YouTube videos of many as well protesting against film and boycotting ...

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

If a movie is bad, no one can save it. 12 crores opening day is a proof that there is no such thing called boycott, intolerance or whatever. The trailer was a big turn off and and comparison with original movie and Tom Hanks was bound to happen. And Aamir completely failed here.

I think that's the main reason movie flopped. Besides previous dumb statements from Aamir and Kareena added fuel to the fire.

Yes half way into that trailer was grating 😂 

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Because Amir was the face of the movie being the most popular actor among all of them?

And what controversy are we talking about? People have long forgotten about it.

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: hasini009

No. Boycott is the scapegoat here. They don’t agree that LSC is flop because of it’s a crap execution, but blame Boycott trend.

it the shameshera reasoning rinse repeat. wait for mamu to write hymns about lsc how he treated it like a child and what not

bramhastra ke time tho mushayra hoga twitter pe 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Guddu, I don't know yet what others replied... my reply comes spontaneously...and I think you know the reasons (there are more than one)...mostly it is about what a certain fraction (a FRACTION!) of the Indian population wants to convey to the masses (and classes, too).

No way to compare PK with Dangal, the former having strong critical undertones (and scripting/shooting was in another political climate) solely targeting the questionable practice of using religion for certain gains (something that has become common practice by the mentioned "fraction", but wasn't yet when Dangal released...only to start end of 2015).

Dangal, in the contrary, was a kind of patriotic movie with an Aamir-father-figure-with-a dream (his daughters had to fulfil - patriarchy at its finest).

We will see how much Hirani is unassailable when Dunki will be ready for promotion...

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Clochette

We will see how much Hirani is unassailable when Dunki will be ready for promotion...

Those who are complaining about PK have spared him from all this. His next Sanju was in the news but not in the same controversy. It was for Sanjay Dutt's case. The creator of that scene is spared, and as many have said in this thread, the face value of Aamir is picked, a post was that actor and actress get the most benefit if film is a success, but I don't see any controversy for Anushka anywhere.

Out of all, only Aamir is picked, as if he wrote that scene, he wanted to do it intentionally. There was one anchor who even asked a guy who was offended by LSC, why Aamir would do that intentionally? What would he get for doing so, offending knowingly? The answer was like he didn't know, he was himself asking this.

Edited by Guddu.Pandit - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Now, as I've read all the comments, I indeed think that Aamir is one of the welcome scapegoat...and that not only because of his religious background and his family name...