Is Aamir Khan being a SCAPEGOAT in this Controversy?

Posted: 1 years ago

Topic: It is not on LSC Box Office or why it is a big flop.

I saw few clips of Times Now where debate was going on how LSC is a big failure, why ppl have not gone for a Aamir film, and if really Boycott calls on SM worked in big way.

In whole Discussion, few things came- 1. Aamir Khan hurted the Hindu ppl's sentiments in PK which came in 2014. 2. Aamir's Intollerant statement back then & now when he is regretting hurting ppl. 3. Aamir's statement about PM Modi when he was CM of Gujarat back in 2006, when his film Fanaa was banned in Gujarat.

Let's talk about PK - 2014 Film

Directed by - Rajkumar Hirani (Hindu)

Written/Screenplay/Dialouges by - Rajkumar Hirani 

Abhijat Joshi (Hindu)

Produced by - Vidhu Vinod Chopra (Hindu)

Rajkumar Hirani

Starring

Aamir Khan - Muslim

Anushka Sharma - Hindu

Sushant Singh Rajput - Hindu

Sanjay Dutt - Hindu

Boman Irani - Hindu

Saurabh Shukla - Hindu

Now when Film was made, no one from Team objected those scenes. When film was completed, it was sent to Censor Board, it was given censor certificate, no one objected from their whole team who saw the film & ok it for release. Film released on 19 Dec 2014, when BJP Govt. was in power, if film was so offensive, why they allowed it to keep screening it, so much that it became BIGGEST GROSSER of Hindi films?

Why is RAJ KUMAR HIRANI spared in all this? Why not even single person who is complaining about PK, Aamir has even question RKH that what he has made? He was Director, writer, even Screenplay writer, that scene he wrote, he directed. Why is he left on side & Aamir is picked up for PK?

RKH's Sanju came in 2018, has any Boycott campaign happened? No. Film Broke records at Box Office, huge Super Blockbuster status it achieved. Sanju is based on Sanjay Dutt's life, his criminal cases & all. Ranbir Kapoor played his character, no Khan did it, so film was spared from this kind of controversy.

If Aamir is so Anti-National, Anti-Hindu, how his film Dangal which came in 2016 is All Time Grosser, not just a hit, Biggest Grosser with 374 Cr Collection. Who watched that film? Ppl who made that film huge are also Anti-National, Anti-Hindu?

If PK is Anti-Hindu, how in the 1st place it got cleared from Censor Board? After 1st day of release, why wasn't it BANNED in India completely? We have seen BAN on films earlier, Bombay, Maachis, Bandit Queen, Black Friday. Why it was allowed to screen even after protest?

Why is Aamir being mercilessly trolled/shamed & whole other team of PK is spared? Why is Raju Hirani spared here? Why VVC is spared?

Edited by Guddu.Pandit - 1 years ago

Yes amir is,khans are. And in 2022 you know the reason!

If a movie is bad, no one can save it. 12 crores opening day is a proof that there is no such thing called boycott, intolerance or whatever. The trailer was a big turn off and and comparison with original movie and Tom Hanks was bound to happen. And Aamir completely failed here.

I think that's the main reason movie flopped. Besides previous dumb statements from Aamir and Kareena added fuel to the fire.

Originally posted by Alpenliebe

If a movie is bad, no one can save it. 12 crores opening day is a proof that there is no such thing called boycott, intolerance or whatever. The trailer was a big turn off and and comparison with original movie and Tom Hanks was bound to happen. And Aamir completely failed here.

I think that's the main reason movie flopped. Besides previous dumb statements from Aamir and Kareena added fuel to the fire.

I'm not discussing the LSC Box Office or why it is a big failure. I am asking why spare PK's rest of the team & pick Aamir to complain & create controversy.

Originally posted by Guddu.Pandit

I'm not discussing the LSC Box Office or why it is a big failure. I am asking why spare PK's rest of the team & pick Aamir to complain & create controversy.

It's simple, because none of the above mentioned people gave any controversial statements. The people associated with pk were relevant as long as the movie is in hall. But Aamir Khan even after that gave some controversial statements those were hinduphobic and anti National. But I don't think Hirani or Vidhu Chopra did something like that. And speaking something against a particular religion always touches the wrong nerve. 

I don't think Aamir is a scapegoat. Celebrity worship is so high in our country and that's the reason these people think they can get away with everything. Good that people are calling out on their bullshit now a days

In my friend circle or relatives, no one is talking about any PK controversy or Aamir's statement or Kareena's. They don't care. 

The trailer just didn't click. Aamir looks repetitive. He is a seasoned actor but now like all other khans he needs to revamp and bring something new for people to come to theaters to watch him. This generation who has access to OTT platforms and can watch anything are not ready to invest money on movies which doesn't interest them.

Originally posted by Alpenliebe

It's simple, because none of the above mentioned people gave any controversial statements. The people associated with pk were relevant as long as the movie is in hall. But Aamir Khan even after that gave some controversial statements those were hinduphobic and anti National. But I don't think Hirani or Vidhu Chopra did something like that. And speaking something against a particular religion always touches the wrong nerve. 

This isn't the reason people who are complaining are saying. They are giving PK's references all over.

What statement did Aamir give which was Hindu phobic or anti-national after PK came?

Why isn't this having an impact on Dangal then?

No. Boycott is the scapegoat here. They don’t agree that LSC is flop because of it’s a crap execution, but blame Boycott trend.

Originally posted by PoisonedNotes

In my friend circle or relatives, no one is talking about any PK controversy or Aamir's statement or Kareena's. They don't care. 

The trailer just didn't click. Aamir looks repetitive. He is a seasoned actor but now like all other khans he needs to revamp and bring something new for people to come to theaters to watch him. This generation who has access to OTT platforms and can watch anything are not ready to invest money on movies which doesn't interest them.

Thanks for the input, but my question isn't why LSC isn't working. My point is why PK's rest of the team is spared from any controversy.

Originally posted by hasini009

No. Boycott is the scapegoat here. They don’t agree that LSC is flop because of it’s a crap execution, but blame Boycott trend.

Jaar ye nahi keh raha ke Flop hui toh blame kaun kispe de raha hai. Controversy sirf Aamir pe kion hai, not on RKH or VVC, this I am asking.