Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arnavfluffy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Riverdale is the most stupidest and worst show i have ever seen

I am100% sure, Hindi Archies will be much better.

But i am not interested at all. Looks so fake and weird and unrelatable. And the actors give off such arrogant vibes

Maybe this is a dream sequence and actual film is normal with 2022 clothes

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I actually grew up reading Archies. I still can't relate. Even SOTY was more relatable than this. Frankly, Zoya has achieved a miracle. She made Kjo seem normal.😆

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: SlowlyDrifting

Relatable! Even I never read Archies comics in my entire childhood ðŸ˜† I always used to put my hands on Chacha Choudhary, Champak, Nanhe Samraat, Billu, Pinki and numerous such comics, totally in Hindi. So, I am not very sure how I am gonna relate my bachpan ka memories to this film- Archies! ðŸ˜† 

Nanhe samrat was VERY underrated imo. It deserved more recognition but very few people knew about it. 

NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdrakKombucha

Jo mazaa Raj Comics padhne mein tha woh kabhi foreign comics mein nahin mila. Local setting, desi mythological backdrop aur Misr ki haseen villains 

Netflix kisi ek Raj Comics lead pe series bana de... chhaa jaayega. Kasam se. Pan KJo type logon ke saath hangout karrele jinhone baap janam mein Naagraj ya Doga ka naam bhi nahin suna honga ðŸ˜¡

I'm sure Kjo would make this kinda face if someone mentioned Nagraj or Doga to him. ðŸ˜†

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Almirah

I am a vegetarian. 

No wonder. 

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

Nanhe samrat was VERY underrated imo. It deserved more recognition but very few people knew about it. 

I absolutely and totally agree with you. Nanhe Samrat was a treasure to keep! It used to have so many interesting and informative sections. So ahead of its time. It is still one of my favourites. 

Have you read Super Commando 'Dhruv' comics? That boy in blue & yellow with eight packs' abs.. ðŸ˜†

Edited by SlowlyDrifting - 1 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I'm of the opinion that if at all is star kid is to be launched, it is better to launch them with solo projects with or without the typical fanfare than forcibly putting extra outsiders and pretending that it is a fair process of auditions. Atleast in the former, the ones being launched bear the risk and shoulder the result wheather it is a failure or appreciation. Atleast star kids could earlier say that they have to face the pressure of expectations , justify the money being pumped into their launch, ab toh woh bhi nahi keh sakte. I'd take a Refugee, Dhadak, Love Story 2050 over these so called insider outsider launch combos. 

ETA: Honestly, at this point, I am not even against nepotism or star kids. It is just that the industry could stop pretending otherwise, star kids could accept the privilege, act/pretend to be super humble about it and move on and focus on making movies with better writers. Movies acchi hongi toh nobody would go back and forth on these boring debates. Today who cares if Dulquer is the son of a legendary actor or not?  

Edited by TheekThaak - 1 years ago
janakai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheekThaak

I'm of the opinion that if at all is star kid is to be launched, it is better to launch them with solo projects with or without the typical fanfare than forcibly putting extra outsiders and pretending that it is a fair process of auditions. Atleast in the former, the ones being launched bear the risk and shoulder the result wheather it is a failure or appreciation. Atleast star kids could earlier say that they have to face the pressure of expectations , justify the money being pumped into their launch, ab toh woh bhi nahi keh sakte. I'd take a Refugee, Dhadak, Love Story 2050 over these so called insider outsider launch combos. 

ETA: Honestly, at this point, I am not even against nepotism or star kids. It is just that the industry could stop pretending otherwise, star kids could accept the privilege, act/pretend to be super humble about it and move on and focus on making movies with better technicians. Movies acchi hongi toh nobody would go back and forth on these boring debates. Today who cares if Dulquer is the son of a legendary actor or not?  

but this is exactly what the debate did. I hv always maintained that the nepotism debate did more harm than good to the outsiders. It was never about helping them it was more about ganging up on star kids. My biggest gripe with that debate was that rather than brain storming about the issue and coming up with sensible sustainable solutions to curb it, ppl were busy accusing each other and straight up lying and exaggerating their "struggles". Result- no good or new opportunities for outsiders and a lot of bruised egos among the insiders that made them even more wary of casting an outsider. If anything i feel outsiders got more shunned by insiders after all that drama. KJo and all became even more stubborn about launching starkids.Their gang became even more recluse and it became even more diffucult to crack into their group. Now they will cast outsiders as side roles for the sake of it to counter the criticism and never make them their pet projects. No wonder outsiders had to distance themselves from the debate.

But having said all that "the archies" look super fake....and genuinely dont feel indian audience will relate to it....like only 0.01% of indian society has read archie comics. As far as star kids are concerned...like it said BW creme de la creme doesnt give a sh#t anymore. You can troll all you want. Even the star kids are immune to it now.

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Agree with you. It does look like the debate has actually made things worse, even the outsiders whom KJo launches are not much talented, mostly good faces with a good body and they find it difficult to succeed eventually with little acting skills. I don't think the guys of SOTY latest installment will be good at acting either. The whole nepotism debate made the likes of KJo even more thick skinned and everybody went all out , not even having the need to pretend to be thankful about the legacy of their parents/relatives etc. now the  focus of the whole industry seems to be about multiple launches, re-launches and remakes and don't give a shit about any criticism coming their way, a lot of people around to give pep talks with no reality check may be. 

NathuPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: SlowlyDrifting

I absolutely and totally agree with you. Nanhe Samrat was a treasure to keep! It used to have so many interesting and informative sections. So ahead of its time. It is still one of my favourites. 

Have you read Super Commando 'Dhruv' comics? That boy in blue & yellow with eight packs' abs.. ðŸ˜†

Of course I have! Intelligent guy 🤩

We used to wait for new comics of Naagraj, Dhruv etc.

Then there those digests (the compilation of multiple comics). I absolutely loved getting a hold of one! chahe chacha chaudhary ki ho ya lambu motu ki. Lambu motu se yaad aaya ....unki ek Dracula wali digest khatam kar li thi din bhar padhke fir raat me andhere me jaane me darr lag raha tha ðŸ˜†