Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NathuPyare thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: WittyFlair

What I find so interesting about this Archies thing, is that it sounds like people who grew up in India are the ones who read the Archies comics and are feeling nostalgic about it. I don't think a lot of NRIs or even milennials have read it. Which is totally fine, not a big deal. 

But the thing is, they've created this movie that really has a Western-based vibe to it (with a bunch of Nepo products). Who is the audience that they are catering this to? International audiences have already seen a product based off the Archies - it's Riverdale. So they're not going to watch this. And based on the memes coming in, it doesn't look like those in India feel connected to this film either

Seriously! I totally relate with this.

I grew up reading chandamama, chacha chaudhary Naagraj and similar comics. The only archies i encountered was probably in the TOI newspaper but it was not very relatable.

I don't know about the younger generation of India though...

Almirah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

The outsiders are just the salad to the main course. We all know Agastya-Suhana and Khushi are the chicken and Zoya the chef 

I am a vegetarian. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

I grew up reading chandamama, chacha chaudhary Naagraj and similar comics. The only archies i encountered was probably in the TOI newspaper but it was not very relatable.

Jo mazaa Raj Comics padhne mein tha woh kabhi foreign comics mein nahin mila. Local setting, desi mythological backdrop aur Misr ki haseen villains 

Netflix kisi ek Raj Comics lead pe series bana de... chhaa jaayega. Kasam se. Pan KJo type logon ke saath hangout karrele jinhone baap janam mein Naagraj ya Doga ka naam bhi nahin suna honga ðŸ˜¡

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -PD-

They meant main leads are star kids and supporting roles are outsiders. 

Can Zoya make star kids supporting actors and other outsiders as main leads of the movie

Yahich problem hai nepotism ka. (Usually) so-so nepo kids get starring roles, and actual talented actors get the sidelined supporting roles.

Then these nepo kids get "typecast" as leads. And the really talented bunch of actors get typecast in supporting character roles.

Maslan, Bhavesh Joshi film mein kayde se Harshburden ko supporting role milna tha aur uske dost ko lead. Many such examples.

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AdrakKombucha

Yahich problem hai nepotism ka. (Usually) so-so nepo kids get starring roles, and actual talented actors get the sidelined supporting roles.

Then these nepo kids get "typecast" as leads. And the really talented bunch of actors get typecast in supporting character roles.

Maslan, Bhavesh Joshi film mein kayde se Harshburden ko supporting role milna tha aur uske dost ko lead. Many such examples.

exactly,  aisha is the classic case, 

amrita puri was excellent, sonam so mediocre in the central role

Almirah thumbnail

Originally posted by: colossial2015

I have not managed to find the name of outsiders.

Dot. ðŸ˜Ž Mihir 😎 Yuvra ðŸ˜Ž Vedang ðŸ˜Ž

Almirah thumbnail

I think you people are being harsh on the kids for no reason. At least wait for the movie. Watch and then decide na. 

vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

I just noticed they have listed all names in alphabetical (last name) order, maybe to con people into thinking all are equal or maybe they didnt know which nepo kid to give top billing 😂

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: NathuPyare

Relatable! Even I never read Archies comics in my entire childhood ðŸ˜† I always used to put my hands on Chacha Choudhary, Champak, Nanhe Samraat, Billu, Pinki and numerous such comics, totally in Hindi. So, I am not very sure how I am gonna relate my bachpan ka memories to this film- Archies! ðŸ˜†