People will not buy tickets to see me - Yami Gautam - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Thereโ€™s no difference

Janhvi probably has better measurements ๐Ÿ˜†

you mean the lips she planted on?๐Ÿ˜†

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Thereโ€™s no difference

Janhvi probably has better measurements ๐Ÿ˜†

LMAO anyone 80% plastic would.  
Compare their faces with glasses on. 

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

you mean the lips she planted on?๐Ÿ˜†

lips ... butt, boobs... you name it and she planted it. 

Janhvi reminds me of those Botched episodes with insane cases, one in particular that comes to mind is this girl who basically altered every possible body part of hers to look like a "Human Barbie." Replace that with Kylie Jenner and that's Janhvi for you. Yikes. I don't know how her fam let it go that far ... I was shocked when I saw her in a body con outfit a couple weeks back.

and that would have still not bothered me if she wasn't soooo cringeworthy otherwise. 

Her "ek thanda laga" in this ad is what I think of her acting. ๐Ÿ˜† I'll grant that she dances well though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihYlbi7zG1s

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

Going with some of the posts here, a mom and pop shop owner letting their son run it later on is on par with Alia having the entire Bollywood ecosystem eat out the palm of her hands. She was good in Gangubai but seriously, those orgasmic reviews by her buddies, wanting to convince the whole world that she basically poops ice cream, weren't fooling anyone.

Skimming through a couple of posts of some of the members is enough to know their inclinations and why they are saying whatever they say here though. I don't think Yami said anything wrong but I can see why she has triggered some people here. 

Rekha_ji. 

Now is the animal farm system...it is big nepotism vs little nepotism

All of us are equal, but some of us are more equal than others...gosh darn it's a lot like being a little bit pregnant...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

In a world of dense verbophobes and envious nepophobes ...BE Triggered...and be Alia

Edited by CriticusExpert - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: CriticusExpert

Rekha_ji. 

All of us are equal, but some of us are more equal than others...gosh darn it's a lot like being a little bit pregnant...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

In a world of dense verbophobes and envious nepophobes ...BE Triggered...and be Alia

Whatever you say I concur w that ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Yami Gautam's father is a film director. From Wikipedia:

Mukesh Gautam is an Indian film director and works predominantly in Punjabi-language films. He is known for his movies Ek Noor (2011) and Akhiyaan Udeekdian (2009). He is also the father of Bollywood actress Yami Gautam and Surilie Gautam. He is currently the vice president of the PTC Punjabi network which he acquired in 2008.

Full link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukesh_Gautam

But let's not let that get in the way of crying "nepotism nepotism" every 5 seconds ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Note: Yami's first film is in fact a Punjabi film called Ek Noor which was DIRECTED BY HER DADDY!!!!

I wish people on the internet done a tiny bit of googling.

She has grown up with tremendous amounts of privilege, used nepotism to get into films, and she promotes dangerous skin-lightening creams - but somehow she's y'alls hero and say a Janhvi is the devil incarnate = all of the yikes! 

Aazmale Yami Gautam GIF - Aazmale Yami Gautam Ginny Gill - Discover & Share GIFs 

Lmao! Yup Yami father has same power and hold over Bollywood as Kapoor's, Chopra's or Khan's and Bachchan's. 

If Yami wants to work in any movie she just needs to call Papa and he will get kareena kapoor or Alia bhat kicked out of the movie and replace with Yami.  Very Nepotistic!! Brilliant!!๐Ÿ‘  

Sir down!.. Yami is an outsider but had it easy in getting launched compared to pure outsiders. But her efforts to survive in close nit nepotistic Bollywood can be easily seen.

Silpa20 thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

Yami did not talk about nepotism here.

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Whatever you say I concur w that ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Ok Maroon Don't worry abou the bervs or the 1/2 ass back-wards verbo-phobes, buddy...you just concur...I got your back.

Originally posted by: CriticusExpert

Rekha_ji. 

No, it's not like being little bit pregnant. You are either pregnant or you are not. But the amount of hold and influence celebs have is relative and exists in a continuum. So that's a false dichotomy.

You obviously feel a compelling need to push back against anyone who says anything even remotely close to what Kangana says about nepotism and bollywood bigwigs. They're not saints and some people WILL speak up when they feel like they were compromised to please a bigger name. Far be it from you to give even an ounce of credence to anyone who utters even a word against "nepotism" or being less privileged than a few on top of the food chain in Bollywood though. Is it any wonder why you are often seen in Yami threads name calling her as well as forum members who support her? I think not!

It's hard to debate or have a civil discussion with people who are only pretending to be moderate and openminded. If you can't even entertain an opinion that departs even slightly from yours and resort straight to name calling and passing derogatory comments on members, people refraining from quoting you aren't "verbophobes" and "envous nepophobes." They most likely just don't like dealing with pretentious buffoons down with a severe case of e-snootiness who think only they were gifted with writing skills in this whole wide world.

Edited by SmittenKitten - 1 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Difference is Yami had far less privilege. Is at least a ten times better actress than Jahnvi. Not every Punjabi star makes it over to Bollywood. I would know as i follow that industry closely. Only the supremely talented ones do. That to in Shoojit Sarkar film. The most masterful film maker Bollywood has seen. Who only cast on talent. Not mention more beautiful than Jahnvi than every angle imaginable 

Jahnvi is literally a kid though compared to Yami in terms of Bollywood age, why are we even bashing her for Yami๐Ÿ˜†. I said she is Shrek incarnated because Rekhaji saying sarcastically she is Devil's incarnated gave me na opportunity. See Yami isn't a great talent whom we missed out due to star kids, she is average performer who gave one two good enough performances. Yami despite her good looks failed to establish herself in the Bollywood and that is the truth. No matter how hard we try, it won't change anything.

That being said people not understanding her interview is really funny, it is like they have made up their mind๐Ÿ˜†.

Yami's context, "I prefer doing OTT, because I am aware that I don't have star power" 

IF'S Yami haters context, "I am doing OTT, because these ignorant don't buy tickets to my movie, because they are only supporting star kids".

Hadd hain bc.