Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

The marriage being fake is pure speculation probably because no one really saw her dating Nick. May or may not be true. 

She said in a statement that due to their busy schedules her and Nick chose surrogacy. Reality is her age probably made it difficult for her to get pregnant but she didn’t want to say that. Instead she’s letting the world know that she can’t take a year off to get pregnant so she’s paying someone else to do it for her.  All she had to do was shut up and not give an explanation and no one would have even blinked. But no, she had to make sure people knew it wasn’t about her age or other potential medical issues. 

So a woman is perhaps insecure telling the whole world she might be too old to have kids and may well have struggled to get pregnant and so lied about why she opted for surrogacy. What’s the big deal? People really need to get off their high horse.  Celebs lie about getting work done all the time. Big freakin’ deal.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sev.puri

So a woman is perhaps insecure telling the whole world she might be too old to have kids and may well have struggled to get pregnant and so lied about why she opted for surrogacy. What’s the big deal? People really need to get off their high horse.  Celebs lie about getting work done all the time. Big freakin’ deal.

When you are the "Global Icon" you can influence impressionable minds. Promoting surrogacy simply on basis of not having enough time to get pregnant for 9 months is highly problematic (if that is the case which i really hope it wasn't) You are hiring a woman to go through so much simply because she does not have enough economic means and you on the other hand have so much that you would rather hire than do it yourself. What if complications occur? what if the one who is carrying the child ends up getting her life at risk? You may end up putting another woman on such high risks even at risk of losing her life or not being able to give birth again, simply because you did not have enough time..

Edited by cougarTown - 2 years ago
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

she has been a fraud since day 1, her appeals on sns are written by a pr team, and then 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psWV9GdEgzo

sev.puri thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

When you are the "Global Icon" you can influence impressionable minds. Promoting surrogacy simply on basis of not having enough time to get pregnant for 9 months is highly problematic (if that is the case which i really hope it wasn't) You are hiring a woman to go through so much simply because she does not have enough economic means and you on the other hand have so much that you would rather hire than do it yourself. What if complications occur? what if the one who is carrying the child ends up getting her life at risk? You may end up putting another woman on such high risks even at risk of losing her life or not being able to give birth again, simply because you did not have enough time..

This to me just sounds like a whole different debate on surrogacy. I can only assume she went through a legal process whichever country the surrogate was from. Those that sign on are well aware of all the risks and benefits that come with it. That’s life man. Maybe for the surrogate it’s easier than working 2/3 jobs for the rest of their lives? Or better than creating an account on OnlyFans? Lol
Rich people gonna do rich things, I don’t know what to tell you. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

What he said 👍🏽.  I’ll just add that as someone who fancies herself a global icon and a feminist this could have been a great opportunity for her to address age and biological insecurities a lot of career oriented women face. Or like I said above she could have just announced the arrival of her child and left all the details out. Announcing that you paid someone else to carry your child because you didn’t have time to get pregnant reeks of shallowness and snobbery.  

sev.puri thumbnail

What he said 👍🏽.  I’ll just add that as someone who fancies herself a global icon and a feminist this could have been a great opportunity for her to address age and biological insecurities a lot of career oriented women face. Or like I said above she could have just announced the arrival of her child and left all the details out. Announcing that you paid someone else to carry your child because you didn’t have time to get pregnant reeks of shallowness and snobbery.  

Maybe she didn’t fancy talking about age whilst she’s still trying to secure movie contracts in Hollywood and Bollywood? Because maybe, just maybe, both industries are still incredibly ageist? What is snobbish about it? Even if I assume she was 10yrs younger, it’d be 9 months of being pregnant and at least 6 of being unable to work, plus then all that focus and pressure on “getting back in to shape” before someone gives you a role, least of all as a South Asian trying to break in to the industry. So she opted for surrogacy instead from a person who I can only assume willingly signed on and has the time and could do with the money. What’s shallow about it?

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Maybe she didn’t fancy talking about age whilst she’s still trying to secure movie contracts in Hollywood and Bollywood? Because maybe, just maybe, both industries are still incredibly ageist? What is snobbish about it? Even if I assume she was 10yrs younger, it’d be 9 months of being pregnant and at least 6 of being unable to work, plus then all that focus and pressure on “getting back in to shape” before someone gives you a role, least of all as a South Asian trying to break in to the industry. So she opted for surrogacy instead from a person who I can only assume willingly signed on and has the time and could do with the money. What’s shallow about it?

There is a reason surrogacy laws are being strict all over. Power is so vicious that many times the ones who have and the ones who don't, don't even realize the repercussions of something till that happens.

6 years of being unable to work? If thats the case she would not have a child through any means coz she does have a child now and she is still working unless the surrogate has been hired to also take care of the child for 6 years on her behalf..

Getting back in shape..? Not a problem when you are pretty out of shape since years anyway..clearly thats not her forte or else she would not be looking the way she does since years..

By all means it is a choice. BUT imo these reasons mentioned to opt for surrogacy are problematic and abuse of power.

sev.puri thumbnail

There is a reason surrogacy laws are being strict all over. Power is so vicious that many times the ones who have and the ones who don't, don't even realize the repercussions of something till that happens.

6 years of being unable to work? If thats the case she would not have a child through any means coz she does have a child now and she is still working unless the surrogate has been hired to also take care of the child for 6 years on her behalf..

Getting back in shape..? Not a problem when you are pretty out of shape since years anyway..clearly thats not her forte or else she would not be looking the way she does since years..

By all means it is a choice. BUT imo these reasons mentioned to opt for surrogacy are problematic and abuse of power.

6 months baba😆as in when the bump starts to show.

I’m not denying there is an element of power dynamics and there have been examples of it going very wrong (pretty much the whole point of the movie Mimi) but let’s not act as if it is always a case of exploitation, it is not. So I refuse to jump the gun and call people snobbish and assume it was an abuse of power.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

6 months baba😆as in when the bump starts to show.

I’m not denying there is an element of power dynamics and there have been examples of it going very wrong (pretty much the whole point of the movie Mimi) but let’s not act as if it is always a case of exploitation, it is not. So I refuse to jump the gun and call people snobbish and assume it was an abuse of power.

This might come down to a case of agree to disagree.  Also we’ll never know what Priyanka’s real reasons were for going the surrogacy route. It could have just been her own stupidity and arrogance thinking “I’m too busy” was a valid reason. But I stand by my statement that using your money to have someone else do all the physical hard work of pregnancy simply because you don’t have time is snobbish and shallow. 

Also CougarTown’s other arguments are valid even if he got the time frame in your argument wrong. Priyanka hasn’t been in shape by Hollywood or Bollywood standards for a few years now. After Quantico all her work in Hollywood has been blink and miss parts in movies that haven’t done well at all so she can’t even utilize her blink and miss part for anything. Baby was born in January which means we were still in the midst of a pandemic when she decided to start a family where even in Hollywood work had slowed down quite a bit. So either it was a case of financial power play or she just lied about her reasons.  

sev.puri thumbnail

This might come down to a case of agree to disagree.  Also we’ll never know what Priyanka’s real reasons were for going the surrogacy route. It could have just been her own stupidity and arrogance thinking “I’m too busy” was a valid reason. But I stand by my statement that using your money to have someone else do all the physical hard work of pregnancy simply because you don’t have time is snobbish and shallow. 

Also CougarTown’s other arguments are valid even if he got the time frame in your argument wrong. Priyanka hasn’t been in shape by Hollywood or Bollywood standards for a few years now. After Quantico all her work in Hollywood has been blink and miss parts in movies that haven’t done well at all so she can’t even utilize her blink and miss part for anything. Baby was born in January which means we were still in the midst of a pandemic when she decided to start a family where even in Hollywood work had slowed down quite a bit. So either it was a case of financial power play or she just lied about her reasons.  

Surrogacy is not stupid and arrogant to me. If anything, hating on her for surrogacy of all reasons seems incredibly shallow. And since when does rich people taking “shortcuts” surprise us? If I were rich, I’d probably take a private jet everywhere. Is it good for the environment? No. Does it make me snobbish and shallow? Probably to the people that can’t afford my private jet.😆

If you think she’s not in good shape now, you’d only be here talking about her struggle to get back in to shape even more if she did gain baby weight. I swear, women can never win lol we obviously have differing views on the subject of surrogacy so probs best to agree to disagree as you said.