Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Almirah thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

🤣 that melodramatic speech in the flight, the heart-wrenching song in the background, Modi ji's emotional reactions and the awkward reactions by the people on the flight 

Originally posted by: kankabhor

Exactly. The flights ticket were also 3-4 times of normal cost. People often forget that many students that go outside India are not from rich family. Many students in Ukraine are from middle class family who had taken loans for their study. Governement is lying in this entire process. Blaming students, some even saying it is not government's legal responsibility,  calling it evacuation when it is just arranging flights for students who have reached border on their own takign all risk, then giving fancy name to mission, doing photo op, narebaji in such times is just new low for them.

I live outside India and I now know I can never rely on these people for anything.

Thats because the "Indian Welfare Fund/Emergency Fund" was spent on Modi Celebrations when he visits foreign countries. All those stooges that show up to greet modi,  don't work for free. Howdy Modi and other events are not free.

This fund was specifically designed in case of emergency evacuations like when the MMS government evacuated 18,000 Indians from Libya. But Modi has a fake image to keep up. Can't let his work speak for him, because there is no work. 

https://twitter.com/gurdeepsappal/status/1498988914727522309?s=20&t=EZDuiEC4I_TMrrWAKFs-Iw

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: kankabhor

When was this recorded? Indian embassy did not give clear indication either. Only 9 days before the war, Embassy just told "if not essential you may consider to leave temporarily. Indian national are advised to avoid non-eesential travel to and within Ukraine" These were exact words of the advosory and This is clearly not the advisory of any urgency. And it was essential for many students because their universities did not agree to make classes online and take exam online. They agreed two days before the start of the war. The fact is on first two days of war, Unverstities took classes online.  Only 2 days before the war Indian Embassy said 'you must leave Ukraine". Now this is advisory of caution. Then students started leaving but flights were very less and eventually last flight had to return as Ukraine restricted their air space.

I have friend's friends in Odessa who are Ukrainains. Even they said on the day of war that nothing will happen, these things have been happening since many years. It will get resolved in 2-3 days.

You said Ukranians weren't serious but that's my point, civilians don't have access to the level of information which people at government level have. Civilians especially localites have chalta hai.. dekha jayga atitude in most cases. 

Now coming to the Timeline on advisory. 

https://twitter.com/amitmalviya/status/1496878921392209921?t=2hVwKAO6u4i8sD_uLun-3A&s=19 

Going by your words let's say Feb 15th advisory wasn't that clear indication.. but if MEA is announcing flights and by 20th giving 2nd advisory to strongly leave. It should have been clear indication by now something serious is going on. 

I can understand for diplomatic reasons why NONE of the embassies, not just India but any country embassy weren't outright announcing evacuation advisory..  but from 15th to 20th to 24th things were escalating. If such things happens in future, I was saying one's best choice here is to start contacting embassy from 15th onwards on daily basis and follow accordingly. Don't go by what classmate, padosi, chacha mama saying. 

No one booked 20th flights because like you said student had classes and some even had exams. But some of these students weren't taking it seriously at all. There is another video about students Joking humne bachalo,Enjoying classes will be online and doing Ha He He about the evacuation process. 

Evacuation is no joke. 

Zeal17 thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Now what to say People Here are sharing videos of Druv Rathee and Kunal Kamra to make a counter point. 

Fyi, girl in the video is daughter of a member of Congress..  who has obvious intentions of speaking against government😆 

There was another girl who pretended to be in Ukraine and made a fake video against govt evacuation process. Turns out She was in India itself and is daughter of a member of opposition in UP.  

Edited by Zeal17 - 2 years ago
Almirah thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Now what to say People Here are sharing videos of Druv Rathee and Kunal Kamra to make a counter point. 

Fyi, girl in the video is daughter of a member of Congress..  who has obvious intentions of speaking against government😆 

There was another girl who pretended to be in Ukraine and made a fake video against govt evacuation process. Turns out she is daughter of a member of opposition in UP.  

What the F 🤢

Zeal17 thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Zelensky to Mainstream Media: "Terrorist State (Russia) Resorted To Nuclear Terror"

Zelensky reporting it to the actual organisation:

#Ukraine tells IAEA that fire at site of #Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant has not affected “essential” equipment, plant personnel taking mitigatory actions.

https://twitter.com/iaeaorg/status/1499571709774422017/

WESTERN NUCLEAR EXPERTS CONDEMN UKRAINE FOR CAUSING PANIC AND MISLEADING PEOPLE

https://twitter.com/FirstSquawk/status/1499570323280130051/

Edited by Zeal17 - 2 years ago
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

You said Ukranians weren't serious but that's my point, civilians don't have access to the level of information which people at government level have. Civilians especially localites have chalta hai.. dekha jayga atitude in most cases. 

Now coming to the Timeline on advisory. 

https://twitter.com/amitmalviya/status/1496878921392209921?t=2hVwKAO6u4i8sD_uLun-3A&s=19 

Going by your words let's say Feb 15th advisory wasn't that clear indication.. but if MEA is announcing flights and by 20th giving 2nd advisory to strongly leave. It should have been clear indication by now something serious is going on. 

I can understand for diplomatic reasons why NONE of the embassies, not just India but any country embassy weren't outright announcing evacuation advisory..  but from 15th to 20th to 24th things were escalating. If such things happens in future, I was saying one's best choice here is to start contacting embassy from 15th onwards on daily basis and follow accordingly. Don't go by what classmate, padosi, chacha mama saying. 

No one booked 20th flights because like you said student had classes and some even had exams. But some of these students weren't taking it seriously at all. There is another video about students Joking humne bachalo,Enjoying classes will be online and doing Ha He He about the evacuation process. 

Evacuation is no joke. 

Inappropriate to insinuate the students are responsible for the mess they're in.

What the students are going through is no joke. And it's clear our government is not providing the required support within the conflict zones. Entire embassy disappeared and left the students and other stranded citizens to their devices. Let's call a spade a spade. It's very easy to go to Romania and extract people AFTER they've crossed the border. The main point is to cross them safely past the border.

The time is not to already defend the government, but to challenge them to do the needful - help fellow Indians in dire need.

Zeal17 thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: AdrakKombucha

Inappropriate to insinuate the students are responsible for the mess they're in.

What the students are going through is no joke. And it's clear our government is not providing the required support within the conflict zones. Entire embassy disappeared and left the students and other stranded citizens to their devices. Let's call a spade a spade. It's very easy to go to Romania and extract people AFTER they've crossed the border. The main point is to cross them safely past the border.

The time is not to already defend the government, but to challenge them to do the needful - help fellow Indians in dire need.

I'm not defending Government here. The conversation started with students ignorant atitude towards the entire situation and subsequent evacuation process. But basically my point was that the learning from this entire scenario for Such future incidents is that take Embassy and MEA advisory seriously especially when the advisory is being followed by increasing quotient. 

Most importantly don't go by hearsay of common civilians and mainstream media. 

palml thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Perhaps because the Middle East countries being bombed are training terrorists? Yes, there is a lot more nuance to the situation, but your statement suggesting the West is willy nilly bombing ain't very nuanced either. 

Wait. Are you seriously justifying the bombing of innocent Middle Eastern people which includes children? 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: palml

Wait. Are you seriously justifying the bombing of innocent Middle Eastern people which includes children? 

Are you seriously acting obtuse as to collateral damage caused by war? What do you think happens when Indian army goes terrorist hunting? Magically no collateral damage?

Alternative for the U.S. would be take the attacks and do nothing. Blunt truth is that EVERY nation, including the U.S. and India, will be willing to put up with civilian casualties in other countries to avoid civilian casualties in their own. To pretend otherwise is to gaslight. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago