Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

How can anybody approach Loud Khan for directing a biopic is beyond me...

sparkle2985 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Farah khan no way 

But kartik aryan correct for rajesh khanna role... No nepo kids plz but role may go to varun dhawan if it happens 

atominis thumbnail

No no no no.

I hope Dimple, Twinkle and Rinke take a stand against this.

Farah Khan will destroy Rajesh Khanna biopic. She is unfit to handle such a sensitive and serious subject. She can only direct B grade, OTT madcap slapstick comic capers. She caricatures everyone. She will make Rajesh Khanna look like a caricature too. No way should an incapable and overrated filmmaker like Farah or Sajid ever make Kaka biopic or anyone else's biopic for that matter.

Festival thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: atominis

No no no no.

I hope Dimple, Twinkle and Rinke take a stand against this.

Farah Khan will destroy Rajesh Khanna biopic. She is unfit to handle such a sensitive and serious subject. She can only direct B grade, OTT madcap slapstick comic capers. She caricatures everyone. She will make Rajesh Khanna look like a caricature too. No way should an incapable and overrated filmmaker like Farah or Sajid ever make Kaka biopic or anyone else's biopic for that matter.

I never knew Rajesh Khanna biopic is a sensitive and serious subject.

atominis thumbnail

It is because of his ego issues and bitter rivalries with actors and filmmakers which led to his downfall, his issues with alcoholism and domestic violence after slump in his career, his failed stint in politics, affairs such as one with Tina Ambani or marrying underage Dimple and Dimple later leaving him without divorce.

He also did a cheap comeback film called Wafaa which earned him lot of infamy.

He was moody and worsened after failure in politics, personal life, TV. His family may be sensitive about his controversial life shown on screen.

Festival thumbnail

It is because of his ego issues and bitter rivalries with actors and filmmakers which led to his downfall, his issues with alcoholism and domestic violence after slump in his career, his failed stint in politics, affairs such as one with Tina Ambani or marrying underage Dimple and Dimple later leaving him without divorce.

He also did a cheap comeback film called Wafaa which earned him lot of infamy.

He was moody and worsened after failure in politics, personal life, TV. His family may be sensitive about his controversial life shown on screen.

I never knew Rajesh Khanna indulged in domestic violence. With whom? 

atominis thumbnail

His wife Dimple of course. He took out frustration of his own dwindling fortunes on her and also objected to her working or getting film offers. He threw drunken fits at home if his films flopped.

Dimple left him, began living separately, began working in films and also had affair with Sunny Deol in 80s.

Rajesh also began having affairs with others like Tina Munim (now Ambani). 

I bet the way Madhuri ensured she is not mentioned in Sanju, Tina Ambani will ensure she is not referred to in Rajesh Khanna biopic. 

Rangeelaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

His wife Dimple of course. He took out frustration of his own dwindling fortunes on her and also objected to her working or getting film offers. He threw drunken fits at home if his films flopped.

Dimple left him, began living separately, began working in films and also had affair with Sunny Deol in 80s.

Rajesh also began having affairs with others like Tina Munim (now Ambani). 

I bet the way Madhuri ensured she is not mentioned in Sanju, Tina Ambani will ensure she is not referred to in Rajesh Khanna biopic. 

I hope not, that’s how these biopic end up sucking, they cater to famous people and alter the stories excluding the truth.

Kudos to Ekta Kapoor….as filmy as the ending of Dirty Picture was she included other drama including the affair with Rajnikath 

atominis thumbnail

Was it indeed affair with Rajinikanth TDP referred to? 

I remember Rajinikanth fans and his PR up in arms against TDP and threatening producers not to show Silk's affair with Rajinikanth and producers later clarified they showed some other actor and not Rajinikanth (since Rajinikanth was young in 1980s whereas Naseer's character is an ageing superstar in TDP). 

TDP also attempted to avoid controversy after Rajinikanth fan clubs' outrage.

As for Rajesh Khanna biopic there is no way Tina Ambani will allow showing her live in relationship and affair with Kaka who was still married to Dimple and was father of 2 kids while she was much younger than him and was a new starlet. I guess even Anil Ambani would never want such chapters of his wife's past shown on screen. Rajesh Khanna biopic may even attempt to water down his relationship with Anju Mahendroo, in front of whose house Kaka took out his baraat to taunt her for not marrying him. Rajesh chose Dimple to taunt Anju that he could get younger and more popular girl than her. 

Anju or her family may also object to references to Rajesh Khanna's affair with her. I do not think Anju or Tina want these chapters reopened on big screen for younger generation of audience. Nor will Khanna family like his colourful and volatile life reopened onscreen.

Families of personalities involved in subject's life object to being portrayed on screen and this was perhaps a reason why biopic of Guru Dutt and Kishore Kumar were also not made despite all hype 11 years ago and rumours of Aamir or Ranbir approached to play these roles.

I feel, if at all a Rajesh Khanna biopic is made, it will be quite whitewashed, watered down and focus more on his meteoric rise as a star  rather than his downfall or personal life or professional spats, ego issues.

He had a live in partner before death as well who fought with Dimple and her daughter's over his property after his death claiming she lived longer with him than his wife or daughters. Later part of Kaka's life is something his family will not allow any writer or filmmaker to touch.

Edited by atominis - 2 years ago