Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mprvn36 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Part 8: Bonditha got admitted in school

when Anirudh Bondita reached home, Tupur has done her gruhapravesh and informed that everyone in haveli are distressed. Gowri & Trilochan had sat near mandir and praying for Bondita Anirudh safety & Both should return quickly. They didn't take food or water from that time. They both hurriedly rushed there and consoled by hugging them they too delighted to see them especially Bondita.

They are about to faint, Bondita asked Somnath to treat them and he has done so. They are given lemon juice and Anirudh Bondita fed them later, made Somnath to melt for them.

Binoy moved away by Bonditha’s affection , thought that Soudamini didn't care about family members when they are in depressed mood. He has a pressure of Money payment due to Bhaumik.

In the night, Bondita  asked Anirudh if Somnath jamayi babu and Tupur didi seemed to be very serious. What happened. Is anything wrong. Anirudh replied that Tupur fell down while escaping from Brijwasi. Somnath Dada is very anger that she didn't listen him.  But unable to tell that little baby is aborted because Bondita is in tender age and may be scared of listening such things. 

She went to somnath pacified and apologized him for the mistakes happened. He didn't speak, but she told that brijwasi words has the magic that anybody can easily come into his words. This is the reason he is able to cheat many people. You are elder than Tupur didi. If you won't forgive her then who will forgive her. She will feel so suffocated and think of her parents.Afterall she came leaving everyone to sasural. Please excuse her.,," Anirudh also asked him through eyes to forgive Tupur. 

Later he had seen Tupur standing in distance with tears. He slowly moved there, Tupur fell on his feet and asked for apology. He lifted her, (to give them privacy) Anirudh told Bondita that we shall go and see Diwali arrangements. But she is not willing to move from there. He hold bondita's hand and took her hurriedly. 

Somnath and Tupur embraced and finally reconciled. Later Somnath went to his parents, asked them to take all medicines and  to believe her English doctor son too.

At the night, when Bonditha asked Tupur to come and join to sleep In her room, both Tupur & Somnath stammmered. Anirudh is passing at that time, Somnath signaled his brother to take Bonditha back. He tried to divert her but in vain. She told Tupur that she is not peeing on bed, so come and sleep with me. We can talk more. Tupur just chuckled and said that 'I am having some pain on leg. I need to apply medicine only when the pain comes. Your jamayi Babu will tell that. So I can’t come now'. When Bonditha is arguing, Anirudh told that he want to tell a story about previous kings of history subject. Her mind is diverted and went with Anirudh. 

As everybody celebrated Diwali with much happiness, Anirudh Bonditha personally met suraiah, Ramaiah,..& co sourav and sampoorna also came there. Anirudh asked them to start new work, earning money loyally gives them self confidence and gain self esteem. They all agreed. 

The next day he met principal about Bonditha’s admission. He told that with much pressure I can allow her to join in the mid 7th standard again, if she scores less marks in any subject, she will be detained. This is because management is not willing to admit a girl in villages as they may face villagers wrath. She is asked to join in 2 weeks. Anirudh assured that she will join immediately and give best performance in all subjects. When he came outside, he came to know that surraiah & co girls were ousted by villagers, spoiled their machinery. He took all of them in market and asked them to show the persons who have done it, rebuked on villagers 

Show me the people who have raised hand on you. (Looking at mob)what is their defect? They came from a place where everyone are irked about the place. What is their mistake. Their family members who felt them as burden have sold them. If a man doesn’t have lust in his mind, then will there be a place called Hiramandi. If humanity is given top priority, men and women respect each other will there be a place called Hiramandi. If you want to oust anyone, oust those men who have lust on woman. Hide and lock them in home who have lust in mind. Not to any women. These girls have left the past, wanted to live a respectable life. They are the pure souls now. If anyone wants to stop them, only those persons will be allowed who didn’t lie, who didn’t commit any mistake in their life. Only that person is allowed to speak against them. Is there anyone person among you.  Come forward.” 

He hold collar of the person who attacked on girls and started bashing him. The man told that Bhaumik has sent him. Villagers started talking among themselves. Anirudh asked the girls , to go to their old bungalow and he fiercely moved to Bhaumik house by holding the collar of the man. When  he reached there, he saw Binoy confronting Bhaumik  that this is not fair, you can’t cheat me. Our family reputation will lose if you do this. Bhaumik didn’t relent asked him to go to hell, 

Anirudh just came and asked “What’s going on?” Bhaumik understood by seeing him with his henchman and replied recklessly “Yes, I have asked this person to send away those girls from Tulsipur. Even I wanted to oust your family also. You have cheated my daughter and now you will suffer. Tomorrow foreign delegates are coming to finalize deal about garments company. your father invested huge amount in it. Now I have bought the person who is designing the garments. There is no other person who can give unique ideas in designs and if there also, your father cannot bring by tomorrow. Huge loss is going to happen to your family and you will migrate to other place like daily labor in search of work. Soudamini also came and provoked him, told that she is going to marry a rich person soon and your family will be on roads.”

Anirudh accepted the challenge, took his father and left home. Binoy enclosed the full details to Anirudh and he came up with an idea. 

Next day, British people came and Binoy received them. Even Bhaumik came and told that he is starting separate company, shown his designs and asked them to finalize deal. They asked Binoy if he can show any designs better than Bhaumik else they will finalize with Bhaumik only. Just then Anirudh, Bonditha came with new designs designed by Tupur, Suraiah and girls helped by Bonditha. Their designs are all liked by the britishers and finalized the deal to Binoy only. Everyone are delighted but Bhaumik raised objection that these designs are given by girls who are only for entertainment.

Anirudh lashed on him that the defect is in him only rather than girls. It is the men who think less of women. He requested to give a chance and they agreed, but put forth a condition that the material with new designs should be handed over in 10 days and they agreed for it, when they went to the factory majority of the workers refused to work with them ( on Bhaumik influence), but suraiah and girls came forward and started working with them. Even Bonditha also started helping in finishing the work.

Anirudh asked her to study she told that she will study in night time but now she will help them. Seeing their struggle, Tupur , sampoorna Sourav also came to help them by serving tea in night time and packing the material. Atlast  Gowri and Trilochan also started working. When villagers raised finger on Tupur, Sampoorna  Bonditha and Gowri for working with suraiah & co, they gave examples from mythology that they are struggling hard to keep their husband and family respect. They pointed that suraiah & Co have left the previous life much earlier. It is you who are still carrying in mind. Why don’t you leave that job from your mind. Villagers have no reply and left. 

Finally they finished the work in short period, Bhaumik created trouble by snatching the material from previous workers, but Anirudh along with Sourav fought with them and in that rift one worker is injured, Somnath treated him. They realized their fault and apologized Binoy for going against him. He gave back their jobs and his problem is solved with the help of family members. The dress materials has got a good response and another unit is opened in kolkata. Suraiah & co are asked to work In Kolkata office. But they are hesitated to go there. 

Some social reformers came and told that Shantiniketan has given opportunity to provide accommodation and study and also can work in Binoy office. Everyone are delighted, they are honored by Trilochan, Gowri. 

Bonditha   felt sad that her friends have left, but Anirudh consoled her that it is a great opportunity for them. Now they will live their new life and no one will dare to raise finger on them. She is convinced.

Next day, she got ready to school and he made her wear shoes. She felt delighted looking at her new school bag, notebooks, uniform and shoes jumped with joy by clapping hands. She took all elders blessings and about to leave to school. 

On the same time soudamini’s  marraige is done and while leaving she came and again taunted that you lost the most precious thing in life. - that is getting loved from wife, you and Bonditha can never be husband and wife in complete manner. You have to lead the life alone throughout the life. Bonditha replied that “Patibabu will not be alone at any cost, I will be there with him in all stages.” Anirudh asked her and Bhatuk to sit in car. 

Anirudh reverted that “he only fights for his ideals and principles for what he wants, but with this narrow minded thinking and selfishness you can’t stay peaceful anywhere. You came here only to taunt me ATleast stop thinking of me from now onwards and think about your life.” Gowri listened to this and thought that I should make Bonditha attached to Anirudh step by step without his knowledge. I will not let my son live alone. 

Anirudh dropped them in school, Bhatuk friends came and he went with them. He adviced Bonditha to be stronger, confident and ask doubts to teacher without hesitation. She nodded and entered school. She joined in Bhatuk class, boys in her class are whispering by looking at her. To her surprise, master who has taught her initially is the class teacher, his name is Jayant. When all the students started prayer in class, she also started ( previously taught by Anirudh). He is belittling her purposefully in every 5 min. Boys are laughing at her back. She endured everything. Thinking that these are small issues getting educated is the biggest achievement. Other teachers came, some of them are amazed for her interest, but some of them due to the pressure from Jayant Master doesn’t relent and are rigid. She listened all the subjects carefully noted points when raised doubts she didn’t get proper reply.

In the break time, she needs to go to washroom but saw a queue outside. Initially hesitated, but took courage and asked them that she want to use it. They made fun of her. Although tears came in her throat, she answered that will they do the same thing when their sister is there in her place. Some kept silent, but some told that our sisters won’t cross the limits and get into the madness of education. She is not allowed to use the washroom. With great difficulty she controlled it. 

Bhatuk saw this, felt bad for her and told that he will take her. In the next break, he took her and told that he will wait outside and asked her to use it. She used it, came outside and thanked him. He took her to his friends, introduced her and made their friendship. 

Later she helped 2, 3 boys who are back benchers and they also spoke softly. She called them Dada and felt happy. After the school timings, she convinced some school teachers to clarify her doubts but they spoke rashly due to the pressure from Jayant. She reached home, Anirudh also came from court and asked curiously about her first day. Gowri scolded him to let her relax first. 

Bonditha came refreshed and told about the response in school. He is annoyed that teachers are trying to belittle her and told that he will speak with them tomorrow. But Bonditha told that it is not required, she will manage and finished her homework and pending notes late in the night.

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Even at school, Bondita is not finding peace. Everyone is set against her.

mprvn36 thumbnail
Originally posted by: coderlady

Even at school, Bondita is not finding peace. Everyone is set against her.

she is the first girl to go to school, first girl to pave way for others. Although she struggles, she will create her way, her destination.

mprvn36 thumbnail

Part 9: A big tragedy in RC family 

Next day while started to school, village head and other panchayat members came to RC haveli  and raised their refusal against girl get educated. Other girls will also get attracted towards it and this craziness of education will become severe problem to society. 

Anirudh Bonditha reprimanded them that education is quiet necessary for girls. One villager asked what is the use of getting educated, will they go out and work. House management is the major responsibility of women.

Then Bonditha replied either to run house or to go out and work, education is quiet necessary. She told “When my father expired, my mother is left like an orphan. My kaka left to other place. My mama took her innocence , ignorance as advantage. If she is educated, will she be dependent on other. We women have to lead our life without help of men. Education will be a light in darkness. Remember that you are insulting our goddess by insulting me.” She pointed to everyone and spoke with aggressive voice. 

They are unable to tell anything but to demotivate her, they spoke with Anirudh “Look at her Barrister Babu! In front of you and her in laws, she is raising her voice. What kind of daughter in law you have got. Tomorrow she will raise voice against her husband and bring him to his feet. She is not any bird to fly in sky, she is a woman who should be bound to house, her in laws, especially her husband.”

Anirudh shouted “Enough! I heard enough of your non sense. We need a woman to give us birth, to play with us a sister in childhood, a wife to live with us. Just tell me can we manage things without her. We men go out for work and come late. In our absence, if any necessity occurs who will help them. Education will help everyone to deal the issues tactically and not to fall into trap of any wrong persons. If husband dies, education will be useful for woman for survival of her and her children. I am proud of my wife for raising her voice in front of me. She will bring change “Tark se fark mitayenge”. She will work hard and become Barrister Babu. I will make her Barrister Babu. If necessary, in the future she will argue against me and I am obiliged. Right now, she need to go to school and I should leave to court. We don’t want to argue on unnecessary things and waste our time.” Anirudh folded hands by saying it. He hold Bonditha’s hand and left. Bhatuk joined them. Trilochan and Gowri didn’t say anything.

Bonditha is struggling in school with class teacher Jayant, but able to manage her studies. she has prepared well and able to give proper answers to Jayant master. Other teachers are slowly getting impressed with this girl.

To have control on peeing, she is drinking  less water. Mischievous students ate her tiffen box on other day but still she didn’t rebuke on them. In turn back bench students and Bhatuk  and his friends offered their box. She ate and thought that although facing many hardships finally result of loyalty and hard work will be fruitful. 

She helped back bench students in studies and one day to everyone especially To Jayant Master surprise, they answered teachers questions. It is like a high voltage shock who didn’t have any expectations from them. Bonditha started clapping and immediately everyone has clapped. They burst into tears 😭, out of emotion they even folded hands infront of her and promised that she is their sister and will take care of her safety. Anirudh who came at that time to pick up Bonditha and Bhatuk saw this and praised her “Bravo Bonditha”. She is extremely happy. But Jayant Master fumed in jealousy. Anirudh is checking her performance daily and teaching her. 

Jayant master tried to plot against her in manipulating marks in prefinal exams. He announced that she scored less than 50% marks and insulted in assembly. But she didn’t keep quiet. She asked him to show answer papers. He is stunned, but told that she is trying to throw blame on me. Bonditha said “I didn’t say that I am trying to put blame on you. Then why are you hesitating to show me papers. As per you, I am guilty, why are you tensed to show me. I will answer all the questions right now in all subjects. Saying so, she told a lesson which is not taught by master so far. She also gave complete explanation on the topics covered in prefinal exams which is out of syllabus. 

Principal understood that Jayant master is behind this conspiracy. He clapped to her intelligence and enthusiasm in studies. Slowly other teachers and students also gave a big round of applause. She proudly told that it is all because of my shikshak Babu. Later in office room, principal reprimanded Jayant master for seeking revenge on Little girl and warned that he will not spare if any mistake is done by him.  Under the guidance of Anirudh  she secured top marks in 7th standard. She got summer holidays.

One day Gowri, Tupur, Bonditha went to temple and while returning they saw a teenage girl speaking closely with a boy. Gowri called her as Jyothi and asked to come here. Jyothi is also tensed seeing Gowri. Bonditha asked who is she? Gowri replied Jyothi father work in our fields. He is a farmer and this girl is speaking with a stranger ( Paraya mard). 

Gowri lashed on her for her indecent behavior, while Jyothi also kept silent by bowing down her head. Her mother came and asked “Badi Malkin! Kya hua?” Gowri took them aside and told everything to her mother and asked her to control her daughter, else she will bring bad name to you and your husband. She thanked for alerting her, took her daughter forcefully and left.

Bonditha asked “What is Jyothi’s mistake in this? Why are you lashing out on her?” Gowri replied “A growing up girl should be in limits with boys else boys may take advantage of girl, she will feel ashamed of herself and society will also defame her character.” 

Bonditha is in deep thought, she decided not to speak with any man including Anirudh and do her work alone. From that day there is a change in her behavior. She is just speaking formally with everyone and silently going into her room. She is asking koyli to give coffee to Anirudh, Bihari to arrange his books in order. In fact she is doing all his works before he arrives and silently leaving. Everyone are becoming suspicious of her. 

When gowri asked “Why are you not behaving properly with Anirudh? What’s wrong with you?” She said “No, I am doing what you taught me?” Gowri confusingly asked “what did I teach you, did I teach you to stay away from husband and not to talk properly with him?”

Trilochan, Binoy and Anirudh are looking at her . Bonditha replied “ you only told to Jyothi that girls should not talk to men. A girl should be in her limits, else she will be defamed By Society.”

Gowri told by 🤦‍♀️“ hey Durga maa! I told this to Jyothi because she is unmarried and talking with stranger men who may manipulate her. But you are married and Anirudh is your husband. A wife can speak with husband, it is her responsibility to look after all his needs, also she has to stay with him..” 

suddenly Anirudh interrupted her and asked Bonditha to bring coffee.  When she left, he asked Gowri “what are you teaching her?” She asked “What wrong did I teach? I only told her about wife duties.” Anirudh told “It is good to some extent that a girl should not be manipulated by strangers. That doesn’t mean she should be silent in all time if necessary she can talk but at the same time be cautious. Bonditha is a little girl. Please don’t influence her by the words of husband wife relationship, wife duties which are beyond her age limit. Now she has the only responsibility to study and reach heights in her career. Unless household works and other things or relationships doesn’t create obstacles I am ok with her doing other stuff. When other things come as obstacles, I will clear all the things in her way.” Bonditha came with coffee and they both left to study room. Trilochan suggests Gowri to carefully handle everything but Bonditha should slowly divert her attention to Anirudh. She nodded.

Other day Binoy is speaking with his employee in phone and asking him to manage work properly. Trilochan came and asked “why  are you looking tensed Binoy! What happened?” Binoy replied “Our garments brand designed by suraiah and co girls is getting good response. But it is creating agitation in our competitor Bhaumik who have gained high influence of British officers in Kolkata . I am worried that they may create any loss. Right now, I should also look after other business. Nobody are there to help me. Anirudh is busy in his profession. I am not understanding who can  help me. Even Sourav can manage upto some extent here in Tulsipur , but there is no efficient person in Kolkata” Anirudh heard it and told “why not  Tupur boudi manage here so that Sourav Sampoorna can shift to Kolkata?” 

Trilochan raged “Are you crazy Anirudh? How can a woman go out and work. You will easily say that a woman can work anywhere...all. But this is practically impossible.” Anirudh immediately asked “Why not? When crisis has come, had Tupur boudi, Gowri kaki, you also joined in garments business. When servants are not available, women will do all the work in home. They have proved their worth and efficiency at that time. Why can’t our women go outside and work now ? It is also our work which is giving us food, money and this status."

Trilochan is trying to rub off, Somnath also came and told “ Tupur felt amazed to see herself working like a man. When she got reward of gold necklace by Binoy kaka, She shedded tears that “even I have worked hard like men. I am capable to do something in life.” 

Somnath continued .. “I have seen a different glow in her face. Now also she want to express her will to go to office and do the work as per her capability. Please allow her."

Trilochan with much difficult agreed to allow Tupur to go for work till efficient employees are hired and Gowri will come to supervise. Bonditha  embraced Tupur out of excitement and told that she will bring lunch for both of them.

2 -3 days continued with Tupur joining them. Gowri also came and supervised everyone. Binoy decided Sourav will shift to Kolkata along with his wife. 

Munshi is feeling suffocated of Rcs taking his son’s decision and they are replacing his involvement. Because Sourav is just speaking with his parents formally after knowing dowry truth. He never ate food in his parents house, never took money from them. Once he also rebuked that he will keep a price tag 🏷 and sell him in market. All these incidents are putting fuel to his ego. 

At the same time, Bhaumik wanted to destroy RC family. He decided to burn the garments stock godown and set ablaze. Workers are packing material and placing in lorry. Unfortunately Sourav also came there to help in packing. Sensing ablaze, he is able to rescue all the workers. But, Gowri and Tupur are stuck inside. When Sourav went inside, Bhaumik has locked from inside in all means and this lead to severe accident and all three are dead. 

This news has created severe agony  and RC family is weeping inconsolably. Munshi is astonished to learn that his son is also dead because of his presence at time of fire accident . Sumati, shomik, rimjhim also in agony came for final rites. 

Sampoorna became all alone. Due to Surmani direct or indirect torture she didn’t spend any intimacy moments with Sourav. Later when they started living separately also, Surmani indirectly made her to feel scare of married life knowing her innocence. Initially Sourav misunderstood her, but later realized that Surmani is taking advantage of Sampoorna innocence. He made her understand that married life is not stressful or horrible and started to make her feel happiness in it. He thought that as soon as they shift to Kolkata they should start a fresh married life leaving all tensions beside. 

Meanwhile this tragedy has strikes their lives. Somnath is also shattered because his teenage infatuation towards a British girl is broken 💔 during college time but hardly recovered. Initially Tupur faults irritated him, but  they are really attached after her abortion. Infact they are counting days to confirm her pregnancy (as it is too early stage) but his dreams are again shattered after her demise. He also spent alone without talking to anyone. Anirudh got evidence near godown against Bhaumik, so he submitted in police station and got him apprehended while discussing with British officer. While doing final rites to Tupur and Gowri, surmani secretly planned to do sati ritual for Sampoorna, and bribed pandit to do it. But Bonditha listened to it and told this to Anirudh. He learnt about the place where Sourav final rites are going to be performed and took his corpse and performed his rites. 

Sampoorna reprimanded Anirudh Bonditha but they convinced her that Sourav will not like this if you give up your life like this. They brought her to haveli.  Although Trilochan is reluctant, Somnath Anirudh Bonditha convinced him. Later Sumati informed Anirudh Bonditha that shomik Rimjhim are shifting to krishnanagar and they both requested her to comeback wholeheartedly, so she is going with them , unable to manage mango farms anymore. She thanked Anirudh for giving the job. Anirudh agreed for it and took the papers back.. 

Munshi with the help of his wife surmani  have created rumour that sampoorna is inauspicious, she didn't fulfill responsibility of a wife to her late husband and all the villagers have gossiped about sampoorna staying in RC haveli, may be having affair with either of RC brothers. She is not allowed to enter into temple, and everyone  are turning back by seeing her. Trilochan also taunted her. 

One day she is fainted Somnath checked her and found that she is not taking food from many days. As no one are there in home he personally brought food, fed her as she doesn't have enough stamina to properly hold anything. 

Trilochan saw this, reprimanded both of them. Binoy tried to stop but Trilochan kept on venting out his frustration. He declared that he will bring a match for Somnath immediately. Since many times Somnath has kept quiet but this time he also confronted his father to have some humanity. Sourav is dead to save our family members. We are not supposed to be inhuman towards sampoorna. 

Trilochan decided to get sampoorna secretly married to bihari and made arrangements in old bungalow. He warned sampoorna, her parents to let this marriage happen silently. However bihari informed secretly to somnath about this and silently left to marry her in old bungalow. All the arrangements are done, when pandit asked to bring bride, Trilochan asked mami to bring her daughter. 

But at the same time Somnath sampoorna got married and came with garlands followed by Anirudh. Trilochan shouted on them, and left the place in anger. 

Bondita is in RC haveli unaware of the marriage. He angrily asked Bondita 'Do you know about Somnath sampoorna marriage?' she is also surprised and told no. Next minute all the three came but Trilochan asked newly weds to leave.

Anirudh came and convinced him that Somnath has gone through lot of turmoil in his life, he took this decision for himself, please allow him. Don't think about what society thinks of us, they don't have other work than gossiping. Sampoorna is a genuine woman, we all know about her. It is not fair to say these words." 

Binoy also convinced by taking Gowri boudi name that she will feel bad if her son left the house and go out. Trilochan left from the place without talking and Bondita does their aarti and welcome them. But post marriage rituals are stopped by Somnath and declared that it will happen until his father agrees their marriage.

Munshi family has fumed with much jealousy after learning about Sampoorna second marriage with Somnath and planned for death of Somnath and Anirudh with the help of a girl who claimed that she is reincarnation of Binoy’s wife Shubra. she convinced all the family members by giving correct details about RC family, she told that she had to come here as her Jhetani Gowri is passed and there is a life threatening risk for Somnath and Anirudh. 

Munshi and fake shubra many times framed sampoorna in a fix and proved her as an inauspicious. Anirudh checked if Soudamini is involved in it because her father is arrested, but later came to know that she shifted to London with her husband. Dida also went to piligrimages. 

Anirudh Bondita decided to expose her but in vain, even Somnath health condition is also upset along with Anirudh which made Trilochan against sampoorna. He didn't allow sampoorna to stay besides him which made sampoorna completely against Trilochan. Her parents who listened it by hiding added more fuel to her wounds. Bondita at a time took care of both of them with the help of Bihari.  She recollected when Anirudh once told that how to make convict accept their crimes by putting them in dilemma.

Bondita took charge, successfully exposed Fake shubra and by making Bihari disguise as fake baba, who asked Munshi and his family to confess their deeds infront of Durga maa else they will be soon dead and will be in hell. Scared Munshi and Surmani confess all their deeds infront of Durga maa idol in mandir she made Trilochan listened to it and understood that sampoorna is innocent. 

At the same time she called police with Anirudh help and they arrested Munshi and surmani. Bondita requested Trilochan to accept her sampoorna didi aa his bahu. She is pure and not inauspicious. He nodded and asked them to return home. Anirudh called Bondita as "Patibabu ki Bonditha, apni pati babu ki rakshak babu". Trilochan asked Bonditha to make arrangements of Sampoorna Somnath post marriage rituals.

Post marriage rituals are  done successfully. At that time sampoorna parents came and manipulated her to gain an upper hand over Bonditha, but she didn’t pay any attention to it. 

While Trilochan came to ask Bonditha for arranging their room, Anirudh diverted Bonditha by giving her books to get prepared for entrance exam to get promotion to 9th std and not to move until she completes syllabus, She agreed and left. 

Trilochan observed it and asked  how long will you keep her away from knowing wife duties. Anirudh replied that “My major responsibility is to protect her childhood and not to divert her mind in unnecessary things. I will make others to arrange room for Somnath dada- Sampoorna boudi.” Trilochan asked “Is it unnecessary for Bonditha...unnecessary...then what is necessary for her? Keep on reading books and doing the things which society doesn’t want, always breaking the rules” 

Anirudh replied “yes, she will break the rules of stereotypes. She will bring the change by her arguments (Tark se fark mithayenge Bonditha). Sampoorna mother listened it and came to conclusion that “Anirudh Bonditha are not husband wife completely. This can be the major weapon to break their relationship and make Bonditha out, so that Sampoorna will be the only queen of this house.” Trilochan left thinking that he is impossible. 

On their wedding night, Somnath assured Sampoorna that to save her from unwanted marriage, he married her, it is not they are not husband and wife. Till now we have not recovered from the loss of our life partners. We should take time. Don’t feel uncomfortable with me. If any necessary arises, you can tell me.” Saying so, he made distance in their beds and slept. Sampoorna cried remembering Sourav. 

Sampoorna parents however convinced everyone that their condition has become worse in Devipur village and pleaded to give any job for survival. Binoy gave them a job to look after their fields but they were asked to shift to small house where previously sourav sampoorna used to stay. Reluctantly they shifted.  

mprvn36 thumbnail

Part 10: Bonditha’s higher class problems, clash with Sampoorna 

Bonditha  summer holidays are going to complete and a competitive exam is conducted all over the state where they get a promotion to the next class directly. 

She along with Bhatuk have done an excellent hard work and Anirudh helped them and Bonditha got a seat in 9th standard. He has appreciated her “Bravo Bonditha” But she felt scared  to go to 9th standard directly her old friends will no be there. Bhatuk has lost it in 2 marks still he appreciated his boudi for her hard work. 

Anirudh made her understand that having nostalgic feeling of past class, past friends is quite common, but we have to move on. She accepted it. Binoy unable to accept Bhatuk securing less marks than Bonditha sent him to Boarding school in Siluguri. 

Bonditha has started to go to 9th class in Tulsipur school. Jayant master also got transferred to other school, but now she is facing other problems in new class. The class boys are elder in age, spoiled brats and feel superior to Bonditha. Some boys constantly used to gaze at her. She felt highly uncomfortable with this. Bhatuk is also not there to share this with him. Once she is about to go to Sampoorna room, but when she is about to knock her room late in the night, Trilochan saw this, stopped her and commanded her to go and sleep in her room immediately. Due to this loneliness, she is unable to focus on new subjects. 

Next day, when Anirudh came from court and after his meeting finished with co lawyers in study room, she sat under the table ( Muh phulake). Anirudh understood that something is bothering her and asked her the reason. She told that she is feeling very lonely, as Bhatuk went away, Sampoorna is always busy in household works or with her husband works. She is not sharing her room with me. Earlier Tupur didi also not shared her room. I don’t know why my sisters are avoiding me. Why Somnath jamayi Babu always want his wife to stay in his room. Even Gowri kaki also used to love me, but she has also not came and slept with me. I feel so lonely. Nobody are there to share my feelings. I have no friends.” 

Anirudh understood her pain and told that “ I understand you Bonditha, treat me as your friend. You can tell me any problem.” Bonditha asked him not to scold me if I say anything he smilingly assured her that he will not scold.”

Bonditha immediately asked “I have observed that all women share rooms with their husbands. So why can’t you come and stay in my room or why can’t I come and stay in your room? Actually Gowri kaki sasuma many times told that in future we should also share room, I should take care of you, and keep your things neatly, I should fulfill all your desires..” Anirudh immediately shouted on her, not to say a word . He controlled himself, requested her in low tone not to say a word more. Her thoughts and late Gowri teachings irked him, stammered for a while not knowing what to answer. 

Bonditha continued asking when all husband wives are sharing room, why can’t we. Anirudh closed his eyes for a while, and asked her to come and sit in sofa, bent near to her and told “ Today in our society, girls are getting married much earlier, they are given responsibilities beyond their age, eligibility. This has to be changed. Some lawyers are striving hard to bring an abolition act against child marriages. You are also struggling hard to pursue education, you have broken the stereotypes and going to school for getting educated. Am I right?” Bonditha nodded. 

He continued “So you should set an example to the entire society that this age is to study hard and not to get married and perform any customs or wife responsibilities. By staying alone in room, you will gain courage to fight with any fear. If any necessity comes, come and knock my room. I will help you. Is that fine? Now don’t think on unnecessary matters, go and get books. It is time to do homework.”She left. Anirudh thought that he should be very careful as she is growing now, I should take extra care in all aspects.

Trilochan heard their conversation, looked at his late wife Gowri photo and recollected an incident after Hiramandi track. Once Trilochan asked Gowri that we shall call pandit and arrange their suhaagraat. Gowri requested him not to do immediately. He shouted on her “What are you talking Gowri? They got married long time before, now Bonditha bahu doesn’t have bed wetting problem. Why can’t we arrange it immediately. Anirudh day by day is making his wife like him, he is teaching vilaayat fitoori (foreign culture craziness of getting educated) to bahu, all the villagers are gossiping. Because she is RC bahu, no one are creating problem, else this is a punishable fault in perspective of them. So to stop all this, we should tie them in relationship immediately.” 

Gowri replied “ How can we tie, when bahu has not entered womanhood. After Brijwasi betrayal, with much difficult Somnath Anirudh have forgotten everything. If we do anything against their wish, everything will be a major problem. All will come to know that Anirudh Bonditha have not become husband wife completely, recently they are spending lot of time for studying. Slowly Anirudh will get attracted to his wife. The minute Bonditha enters womanhood, we will arrange a grand ritual, they will do puja and arrange suhaag raat for them.  We should take care that our children and bahus will not go out of our hand. I have raised Anirudh, if he takes any decision fiercely, shubra will not excuse me. Please understand the situation.” Trilochan reluctantly nodded and this incident is recollected by him by looking at Gowri’s photo. He is thinking how to make their relationship complete. 

Initially Sampoorna didn’t have problem with Bonditha and she used to be busy in each of their daily activities. Sampoorna parents have started borrowing money from other people using rcs name. When they asked to lend their money back, mama mami used to speak harshly and threaten them with rcs name. This is observed by Bonditha and mama mami also seen her. 

Bonditha immediately went and told this to Trilochan, Binoy. At the same time villagers also came and described the entire matter. Mama, mami are called immediately and they are asked to pay the money else will call police. They are scared and paid the debts by giving their ornaments. They assured that remaining amount will be paid soon. Trilochan ordered all the villagers, money lender not to give money and they won’t be responsible for their debts. They all agreed, taunted Sampoorna parents and left. Trilochan also rebuked on them and asked them to leave Tulsipur and go immediately. But they begged him by touching his feet, he warned them that next time he is not going to spare them anymore. This incident made Sampoorna get annoyed in Bonditha 

She personally confronted Bonditha for exposing her parents. Bonditha replied “They are cheating people by taking money from them and using our RC family name. It is an insult to our family. You know mama, mami can do anything for money. They have taken money and jewelry from my mother.”

Sampoorna shouted on Bonditha to stop and blamed that she has forgotten her values and blaming my parents who gave shelter to you and your mother. You will also feel the same pain if your mother is insulted here in my parents place. With much difficulty, I have got an opportunity to live a life, I didn’t expect this from you that you cannot bear my happiness. Sasurji will always demean me from now.”

Bonditha tried to explain but Sampoorna left from there with tears. Somnath has seen sampoorna coming out with tears and got suspicious. Bonditha also cried for Sampoorna misunderstanding her.  

Somnath asked Sampoorna “Why are you crying, what is the reason.” She tried to rub off but thought in mind “ it is important for me to have my Patibabu sympathy because Trilochan sasurji will keep on taunting me.” She faked tears and told that my parents borrowed money for the treatment of my maternal grand mother who is not well, they told villagers that they are RC family relatives and will not cheat anyone.

But Bonditha misunderstood it, came and told Trilochan sasurji, Binoy sasurji that my parents are borrowing money by using RC name and your father, uncle have insulted them. Even she got financial help of Anirudh till some time before to Sumati Peshi by giving her a job to look after mango farms. But now she is not understanding my parents problem. My parents have faced many insults when she exposed them infront of all. This can be solved within our family. What is the necessity to tell infront of outsiders. This is my fate. I always get tears. I don’t have happiness.” 

He felt uncomfortable for Bonditha telling all this to elders, but still controlled his feelings. He told Sampoorna “ If your parents need any money, you directly tell that to me. I will manage. Ask them to bring your grandmother here only so that I will look after her treatment. Is that ok?” Sampoorna immediately touched his feet and praised him that you are a lord to me. He lifted her up and wiped her tears. ( First touch). He asked her not to belittle herself and feel sad. She felt happy.

On the other hand, Bonditha is having biology class. The topic is about human body  functioning, etc. Master also felt uncomfortable for discussing this topic because of Bonditha. He asked the students except Bonditha to come in groups and explained the lesson. He slowly whispered the lesson, they all understood and some were giving weird looks to Bonditha. 

He completed teaching to all the boys and is about to leave. Bonditha stopped him and asked to teach her also. Boys are mocking from back. Master gave a frowned look and asked her to read the topic by herself only. He taunted “Do you want me to explain all these infront of boys? What do you think of yourself? Why do you come to school for studying? If you are so ambitious, you could have sit in home and pursue education. That will be a respectful for zamindari family bahu.” Saying so, he left, this time all the boys have bursted out with laughter. Bonditha unable to take insult came back to home with tears.

Trilochan, Binoy saw this. Bonditha locked herself in room and cried to the core. They asked Sampoorna to talk to her. Sampoorna asked her to open door . 

After a while, Bonditha opened and Sampoorna asked the reason. She told the reason and Trilochan, Binoy also heard it. They fumed with anger and declared that she need not continue her education any more.  We are not going to accept any more insult of our bahu. She felt worried and prayed Durga maa to find a way for this problem. 

In evening, when Anirudh came all sat angrily. Bonditha’s face turned into red , crying on sampoorna’s shoulder. he got worried and asked the reason. They asked the women to go inside and explained the reason. Trilochan lashed on Anirudh that he is the reason for this insult and declared that Bonditha will not continue her education any more. Anirudh rejected this idea and told that she will continue going to school at any cost and I will talk with teacher about it. They left fuming. 

When Anirudh came to Bonditha’s room, Sampoorna is also there trying to console her. Anirudh assured that he will talk to her and Sampoorna left. He asked her to tell what she feel about it. She told that she cannot face the master, students anymore, cannot face the same class environment anymore. Saying so, she closed her eyes. Anirudh asked “ so you are going to leave your ambition for this insult. This insult has become bigger than ambition. Am I right?” Bonditha said “ No, I don’t want to stop studying. But I don’t want to face the, at the same time.” 

Anirudh wiped her tears, made her drink water and asked her to wash face. When she came from washroom, he asked her to sit. He took Bonditha’s hands in his hands,  asked her to remember her bed wetting problem. Asked her to recollect what did he teach at that time. She told that “ We should not runaway from fear, nightmares. We should confront it and defeat it. We should not let fear have victory on us.” 

Anirudh asked “ so what are you trying to do now? Will you accept the fear gain victory on you or you will gain victory on your fear.” She told that “I don’t want fear to gain victory on me. But everyone are speaking harshly that it is my mistake to go to school for studying. Master asked me to sit in home and study. The fact is even he is feeling uncomfortable to teach me. What can I do?” 

Anirudh assured that he will teach her, he will also speak with master. Bonditha asked “ Don’t teach me, it is a dirty topic. That is why Master is not teaching me. I feel ashamed to learn about it.” Saying so, she closed her face with pillow sitting on bed. Anirudh sat on knees, smoothly removed pillow and told : 

“This is not a topic to feel ashamed. It is a human body. Don’t you want to know how our body works. Infact it is a very important topic. Nothing is clumsy.” But Bonditha refused to learn about it and she told clearly that she don’t want to learn it from him. Anirudh also got irritated but thinking how to teach this to her. She asked him to leave. 

Next day she didn’t go to school. Trilochan felt happy and expressed that bahu is listening to us. She is not coming into Anirudh’s fitoori. He proudly told Anirudh that “Bonditha bahu is a smart girl. She understood the situation and gave up her stubbornness.” 

Anirudh didn’t say anything and asked her to come into study room immediately. She came inside and he kept one letter there. The letter mentioned to look for tape recorder and instructions to start it. He locked the study room from outside. She played the tape recorder. Also in study room, the pictures of human body, animals are there. When the tape recorder is started “ Bonditha! Without listening the complete tape, you are not supposed to off it. It is a promise on me. I will punish myself if you don’t listen the tape completely and carefully.” She thought that why Patibabu is so adamant. Why can’t he listen to me.

The tape continued “Bonditha! You are growing. It is important to know how a body works. Else how can you know if You are healthy or not. Listen to each and every topic carefully by keeping your textbook, pictures aside. ....” 

She completely listened the class, felt amazed and useful to learn about it. Also felt guilty for her foolish behavior. Anirudh is wandering outside study room so tensed. 

Trilochan is trying to discourage him that Bonditha bahu will not come into his words now, give up your stubbornness. Just then, Bonditha knocked from inside, apologized Anirudh by holding ears and told that this topic is very useful. I will not feel ashamed any more. But raised her doubt of how to face them. 

Anirudh smilingly asked “is there any mistake from your side” she said no. He said then why do you feel ashamed to face them, your master  and the boys who laughed at you also have mother, sister and daughter. If they laugh at you, it means that they are laughing on their house women. 

She asked “ will you come and scold them, then none will point finger on me." He said "No you will talk to them, you will teach them a lesson, you should also gain courage to solve your problem"

Trilochan expressed his disgust " Wah Anirudh! Bondita bahu is a woman, she should stay in home, you are trying to make her a sherni. Why? Won't you feel peaceful unless our rc family is completely insulted in society? Till then you want to do these adventures." Bondita replied " No ksj, I will reply them in such a way that no one will raise finger on me and our family. You don't worry" saying so, she went to get ready for school,

Trilochan asked “Are you leaving our deer like bahu in deep forest where wild animals will be there?” Anirudh replied “No kaka, I will also go, but Bonditha will not be knowing my presence, this is necessary for her to face them and give them a tight slap like reply” kaka told that he will also come, but Anirudh insisted that Bonditha should not know about our presence there. Trilochan reluctantly agreed.

Bonditha went to school. All her class students are enjoying in play ground. One boy purposefully thrown basketball 🏀 on her. Others laughed at her. Trilochan and Anirudh who secretly came behind, Trilochan is about to go but Anirudh stopped him. 

The boy named Dhanunjay asked "Why did you come Bonditha? Yesterday’s insult is not enough for you. These kind of insults will keep on repeating. How long can you continue? Listen to me, go back to home, do service to your husband. This is our place. Only we can survive.not you.” 

Bonditha thrown the ball into basketball net without missing target and told “I am a girl. It doesn’t mean that you can insult me and I am ready to bear your insult. Yesterday I felt scared, that doesn’t mean that I will stop coming to school. I will definitely come, study and achieve success. No obstacle can stop me.” 

Other boy Sarat asked “Even Master has refused to teach you, he feels that you are inferior. How can you study without master’s help?” 

She replied “Sarat, I will talk to master, you need not worry about it. I will make sure that he will teach me along with you in class.”  

All the boys laughed at once.Here Trilochan is fuming with anger that “I will not spare these mischievous boys. I will make them out of Tulsipur.” 

Anirudh is stopping him with great difficulty. There Bonditha replied “Don’t worry friends, my Patibabu gave me courage to come to school and study. Like all other subject teachers, biology master will also teach me in class.”

Another boy asked “so are you ready to listen infrontof us.” She said “Why not Niranjan? You have an elder sister Anjali, I have seen near Durga maa temple that you and your sister always share Prasad, play in farm lands. When her foot is hurt, you have tied cloth in farm lands. Now at that time, have you felt ashamed of your sister Anjali.” 

She turned to Dhanunjay and asked “Dhanunjay, I know your parents have passed away, so your Dida is taking care of you. She is working in fields to produce crops. Remember that her body also functions in the same way which you are making fun of it, think of your Dida once before you make fun of any girl”

She came to Sarat and told “ Sarat, I saw your mother has given birth to your brother recently. Like told in lesson, she has also faced many hardships to give birth   To you and your brother. Before making fun of any girl, you all guys think of your house women, who are also women. If you won’t respect outside women, how will your house women get respect in society”

Dhanunjay ego is extremely hurt and shouted on her “ My Dida and house women of our friends are pure, they are not like you to come outside and compete with men  to get educated. You and your husband are foolish people to think of extreme adventures. Durga ma will never forgive you.”

Bonditha replied “When necessity came, Durga maa herself took kali roop and destroyed demons. If necessity comes, I can also take kali roop. But I will not stop my education. (Pointing finger to Dhanunjay) Don’t you dare to speak a word against my husband. Like lord Shivji gave half of his body to maa Parvati he also gave me equal importance in all things. He gave me wings to fly. I have gained courage with his help only” 

Saying so, she left. Trilochan asked “Is it necessary for RC bahu to face these gunda men.” Anirudh replied “When RC bahu can show the courage, all the women in society can also show the same courage to stand up against atrocities they are facing” he thought that these boys seemed to be bit dangerous, I need to teach Bonditha self defense techniques from today onwards.

He called peon without knowledge of Trilochan, gave money  and asked to take care of Bonditha, if any problem comes call to me. Saying so, he gave his study room phone number, court phone number.peon nodded.

Bonditha met biology master in library room and told that she learnt about the topics of human body functioning and all. Master asked “Why are you so stubborn. I don’t want to hurt you. You are like my daughter Payal. If you are willing to study hard, sit in home and study, how can I teach you all these infront of boys. They are also in growing age. Try to understand and stop coming to school.” 

Bonditha asked “Does payal have brothers masterji?”

He replied “2 brothers - one is elder and other is younger, why did you ask?”

She replied softly “ Masterji, I am happy that you told me that I am like your daughter. If necessity comes, will you not teach your daughter. Will your sons not learn what all stages will their sister go through in life.How can she know about her body. Every human has similar bones, flesh, blood, muscles. The difference in body parts between man and woman is because woman will have to feed babies, give life. If mother will not feed milk, can a baby survive. Please don’t feel little of motherhood. This kind of thinking has to be changed. Please masterji, if you show courage to teach me and make boys quiet, many of them will keep quiet.” 

She folded hands, touched his feet. He lifted and blessed her and promised that" I will not feel ashamed to teach. It is my mistake. First of all,I should see motherhood in every woman than acknowledging and. Criticizing her being a woman. You taught me the way of thinking Bonditha, I am proud of you."

On that day onwards, biology master is teaching in presence of Bonditha, insisting on point to boys that we should see mother and sister in woman. In future many women will come and study in school. Some boys felt ashamed for laughing. But Dhanunjay, niranjan and Sarat have developed jealousy towards Bonditha. 

School decided to arrange sports function, they have called Mahatma Gandhi as chief guest . These 3 boys tried their level best to discourage her, but with Anirudh’s help and motivation she wore pant shirt and won prizes in running race, basketball, essay competitions. Dhanunjay is best player in basketball but first time he is defeated by Bonditha. Meanwhile, Anirudh also taught her self defense and asked her to carry Pepper powder with her. 

Sampoorna parents while working In fields, using cheap quality seeds to save money and want to snatch the left amount.  Once Bonditha on the way to school saw mami purchasing cheap quality seeds. She stopped her, and this is also seen by Trilochan. He is highly disgusted by Sampoorna parents. 

At the same time, they also came to know mama tried to snatch money from Binoy office. Trilochan finally decided to send them back to Devipur village. 

Somnath also understood the situation told that he will send money on monthly basis, not to come to Tulsipur anymore and use their name. But with soft voice only, he explained Sampoorna that her parents are crossing limits. Even she will also feel ashamed of them. So it is necessary for them to leave tulsipur. 

But Sampoorna with tears rebuked “Yes, only because of my parents RC family will have bad name. Else everyone are good. Bonditha has become a laughing stock in entire tulsipur, daily she is facing new insults in school, everyone are talking about her adamant nature for going to school. But still RC family will not have any stain because of this. Only because of me and my parents RC family will have stain.” She’s left with tears. Somnath also offended by her words, because recently they are coming close and he started liking her, thinking to pacify her in any way.

Edited by mprvn36 - 2 years ago
mprvn36 thumbnail

Part 11 FF: Villagers refusal against Bonditha’s education

Bondita is progressing in academics , sports. Every weekend or after completing her studies, Anirudh Bonditha play Tennis and chess. 

Sampoorna initially didn't care if anyone praise Bondita but when many of them especially queen vaibhavi in a party insulted her and once Trilochan also taunted that it is because of Bondita and Anirudh you are here which made to start feeling jealousy, her mother Devoleena indirectly instigated that she will always be smart in all ways due to her education and you should show your smartness by gaining husband's love. She also started developing hatred and jealousy and sometimes inferiority complex despite of Bonditha’s consoling and soft nature. Sampoorna started showing her smartness to impress Somnath in their privacy time which Tupur initially failed to do so.

Dussehra holidays have come for Bonditha. On Dussehra is her 13th birthday. Before day Anirudh came late in night, knocked her door , took her to terrace which is beautifully decorated with lights.  He made her cut cake, fed her. She also fed him. He told that he will get a gift tomorrow.

Trilochan and Bihari has seen this, he felt happy for them and felt that Anirudh is in love with his wife. Bonditha saw Trilochan, touched his feet and took his blessings. He asked the reason, Anirudh told that it is her birthday. 

Trilochan is surprised and told that he will arrange puja for her, both should go to temple tomorrow. Bonditha accepted. Trilochan asked how much is your age, Bonditha replied I have completed 13 years of age. Trilochan smile is vanished, looked suspiciously. 

Anirudh admiringly praised Bondita that she came to 9th standard in 13 years age only  Bravo Bondita! Trilochan asked them to go to sleep as it is late. He thought that “Why this girl so far not entered womanhood or is she hiding this.? (Remembering his wife) If Gowri is alive, she would have find out the reason by now or she may take her to Daima.” Suddenly an idea flashed and nodded to himself in acceptance. 

Next day, Somnath, Sampoorna also wished her. She took their blessings. Binoy also wished her. Anirudh gave her a gift pack. Trilochan asked what is it, Bonditha curiously opened it and found encyclopedia book in it. Bonditha felt delighted but Trilochan felt disappointed “ A husband will give jewelry or saree or Gajra as gift. But this boy 🤦‍♂️. Bahu is also extremely happy as if it is a valuable one.” Bihari tried to pacify that whatever gift bb has given bahu Rani is happy na! He gave a frowned look and insisted Anirudh Bonditha to go to temple at any cost. 

When they left, Trilochan called Somnath inside his room, told that he want to talk something. He asked what could be the age for girls to enter womanhood as per your English medical knowledge. Somnath asked " why. Sampoorna is already a woman and she crossed 18 years age." Trilochan gave a frowning look and told that “he is worried about Bonditha . She is now 13 years and still a girl. Somnath told that sometimes girls will get matured at 14-15 years age also. All girls will not have same physique. You don’t worry about it. “ saying so he left to hospital.

Bihari came and told that “I called Daima on your advice.” He called Daima aside, and explained to check Bonditha bahu thoroughly tomorrow. Our eldest bahu sampoorna, koyli will be there. He offered her money and she took it. Anirudh Bonditha came from temple, saw Daima, Anirudh remembered her and called Daima  as she came for his mother's delivery when  Bhatuk is born. Trilochan introduced Bondita that she is Daima who helped your mother in laws Gowri and shubra during their deliveries. They took her blessings and she blessed them. Trilochan signaled her about Bonditha and she nodded. 

Next day, Anirudh went to court, Bonditha is in study room reading the encyclopedia book and trying to find out the meanings in dictionary. On the other hand, Anirudh is going out somewhere in car. In middle, he saw a woman got pains and her parents, husband is getting worried. 

Seeing this, Anirudh stopped car and asked what happened. Husband told that my wife is getting pains, we sent information to Daima and she might be on the way. 

Suddenly a boy came and told that Daima went to RC haveli on work. Anirudh is surprised to hear this and got suspicious what could be the reason and who have got necessity with Daima. 

He thought of Sampoorna, ( bit smile came on his lips) but immediately thought that Somnath dada doesn’t encourage Daima treatment. Then what is the necessity. Listening to the screams of pregnant lady, he told that he will immediately send her here.

Daima came, Trilochan called Bonditha and asked her to go into her room, she will check you. He asked Sampoorna also to accompany her. She nodded. Bonditha kept on asking why will she check me. I am not ill. 

Trilochan ordered not to say a word more and do as Daima says. They went in Bonditha’s room. She asked her to lay on bed and about to check her personal parts. But Bonditha immediately rebuked that what are you trying to do. She hid beside Sampoorna. 

Sampoorna tried to convince that she will check your body, if everything is fine or not. Nothing will happen. It is necessary for you.

Bonditha told that "I will talk with Patibabu and do what he says". Sampoorna with a cunning smile told that “ you are too innocent Bonditha. All things will not be discussed with husband. She is just checking if everything is ok or not." 

Meanwhile Anirudh came to home, Trilochan is shocked as he didn't expect his arrival in morning. Anirudh asked 'What is the necessity for Daima to come here.' Trilochan is stammering, but he heard Bondita's voice from upside " Nahi Daima, mujhe acha nahi lag Rahi hain yeh sab.."

Anirudh saw the guilty face of Trilochan, ran to upstairs. Koyli from outside is also scared of seeing Anirudh there. He knocked the door and asked to open immediately. Sampoorna also got scared and opened it. He saw Daima catching bondita's waist and checking. By looking Anirudh she worried. He asked What's going on. Bondita immediately adjusted her saree and told Anirudh that Daima is checking her forcefully and ran away from there. 

He asked what are you trying to do with Bondita, but suddenly remembered pregnant blady and told that there is a pregnant woman whose labor pains are Started in Jogender house go and look after her. She immediately went out. He asked  driver to drop her. 

Anirudh asked sampoorna to come with her and asked in presence of Trilochan ' what's the matter. Why is Daima needed now. Daima only look after pregnant ladies and help during delivery. Initially I thought you might have called for sampoorna baudi, but why is she here for Bondita. Can u please tell me.' 

sampoorna cleverly managed the situation. She told by bending the head catching her pallu, " Devarji, Bondita is 13 years now. Still didn't enter womanhood. I am worried about her. So I only told sasurji to speak with Daima if her health is fine or not. Our Daima can check all the women problems. She is expert in it. There's no fault in sasurji. Bondita is simply scared for checking her thoroughly. I am sorry if you think that I have crossed my limits.' saying so, she folded hands.

Anirudh melted and told that 'you could have told me, so that I can get her prepared. We shall see some more time and I will take her to doctor. You please don't worry.' Anirudh left to look after Bondita. 

Trilochan is highly impressed with sampoorna talking skills and praised for her spontaneous nature in saving him.. sampoorna obediently told that she will do anything for the house respect. He blessed her . Somnath who just came and saw this felt delighted that his father is impressed with his wife. He also gave her Jasmine garland to impress her.

Anirudh went to study room, found her in cupboard, pacified that nothing will happen. She came out and told that she is scared of Daima who touched her harshly. I don't want any treatment from her. He promised that he will not let Daima give treatment. He brought roshogulla for her and she felt happy. At a time, Trilochan saw Somnath getting closer to his wife by tying gajra in her hair and on the other side Anirudh is pacifying Bondita like a little girl and Trilochan expressed his disgust and disappointment towards Anirudh Bondita.

After 2 months, Sampoorna pregnancy is confirmed by Somnath and everyone in haveli are utmost happy. Somnath is in cloud nine, became possessive with his wife and child. He also told that Tupur is about to confirm pregnancy before her death. I have lost 2 children. 

Sampoorna also cleverly went near Tupur photo, folded hands and told “My child is yours, the baby which you are supposed to give birth is coming into this world through me, but you are the mother.” This impressed somnath and Trilochan  a lot. 

Trilochan told her to ask for a wish. He is ready to give her anything. She wanted to ask for treasure keys, but hardly controlled it and told “If sasuma is alive, she would have taken care of me like mother.  But there is no other woman, Bonditha is younger than me and doesn’t understand anything. Anirudh will also not allow to sit in house and take care of me. If you permit I will call my parents. I promise that they will not rob your money or bring any blame to our family. My life is dedicated to our family as I am going to give you heir now. I will not spare anyone who try to defame our family respect. Be it my parents also. It is a promise of RC bahu Sampoorna Somnath Roy Chowdary. I will make sure that they will not roam around treasury or will not borrow money.” Trilochan nodded and agreed for mama mami to come to their house.  

Anirudh Bonditha wished them, out of joy Bonditha made Sampoorna to move around, but Somnath immediately with loud voice asked her not to do that. 'She is having baby in her womb. You are also not a little girl anymore. Behave in a matured way. '

Bonditha belittled herself, Anirudh also felt bad, but controlled himself and left with Bonditha to  study room. Trilochan asked Somnath not to be harsh with Bonditha, but he told that "with much difficulty, I am going to become father again. I don’t want to take any risk. I want to see my child face this time at any cost.” 

Anirudh went to study room and saw Bonditha under table ( muh phulake). He asked are you angry that Somnath dada reprimanded you. She told that ‘How can I harm my sister and baby. Why did Somnath jamayi Babu think of me like that?’ 

Anirudh replied ‘He is not angry on you, baby is very small in your sister’s womb. This time she has to be very careful. So it is only his concern to baby, he doesn’t really mean to hurt you.’ She came and asked ‘shotti’. He replied ‘shotti’. 

He told that you will become masi and chachi for little baby. Bonditha felt happy and told that you will also become chacha and masa. She asked is it a boy or girl. He replied ‘ don’t know. Who ever it may be it is a god’s gift.’ She thought for a while and asked ‘ when will I get a baby by Durga maa in my stomach.’ Anirudh suddenly got hiccups, Bonditha ran and gave water and after drinking  

Anirudh told that ‘you are so special. Durga maa has sent you to become Barrister babu and bring change. Now go and bring books, we should complete our portion before only, because I have 2 , 3 cases in Kolkata court. It may take much time.’ She went and he thought day by day her questions are becoming unanswerable to me.

Sampoorna parents came and behaved very obediently. Binoy told that he got an opportunity to setup an unit business of garments in Surat, gujarat. So to setup a factory it will take nearly 2 years. So I will be shifting there and handle all our businesses from there, Anirudh assured that he will look after Kolkata branch while practicing Barristry. Binoy agreed.

Then Anirudh taught her all lessons in all subjects and asked her to be careful, study well, perform well in final exams and he will be back after 2 weeks. He told that he will be calling her daily, she asked her to give Kolkata address so that she will also write letters. He promised that he will bring ek badam wala roshogullas from Kolkata. 

Trilochan along with Bihari, koyli also assured that they will take care of Bahu and her mama, mami will not harm her.

One day while coming from school she saw Dhananjay teasing Niranjan sister Anjali by holding her saree pallu. Bondita came and slapped him for his misbehaviour. Dhananjay ego is extremely hurt and caught hold of  Bondita's throat. She used her self defence techniques, hit him hard and hold Anjali hand and both ran away. Bondita carefully dropped Anjali in her home.

Anjali with tears in eyes told everything to her parents and Niranjan. They scolded Anjali for getting late or trying to talk to a boy. Bondita asked that why are you blaming Anjali. What is her fault in this. It is Dhananjay mistake. But with tears, mother told that " no one cares if boy is mischievous or Eve teaser. Only girls get the blame. He is Niranjan friend also. His Dida is a powerful woman who has nearly 100 acres of land. After your family, everyone in Tulsipur respects  Dhananjay Dida only."  

She replied to Niranjan parents “ Please don’t blame Anjali. If parents themselves don’t support their daughter who will support girl in this world. My Patibabu used to tell that Character and maintaining Dignity is important for boys also. So please talk with Niranjan about Dhanunjay.” Unfortunately, despite of Bonditha’s warnings and advice to Niranjan about Dhanunjay behavior towards Anjali, he didn’t take advice and kept on continuing his friendship with Dhanunjay. 

When she reached home, she felt very lonely and not understanding why she is feeling so. She thought that may be Anirudh went out of station, but wondered why is she missing him so much. She involved in studies and diverted herself with great Difficulty. Late night, when Anirudh called Bonditha is extremely happy and spoke with him wholeheartedly. He also spoke with her and felt that his stress is relieved. 

Mama, mami are giving all the sweets to Sampoorna and giving less food to Bonditha. They tried to take complete control on kitchen. But still Trilochan made sure that she will get food and koyli is checking her needs regularly. He told that Bonditha room will be kept locked when she goes to school. He asked them to only look after Sampoorna and not more than that. 

Dhanunjay tried to make fun of her in school but she gave a splendid answer. Anjali’s marriage is done within few days and she is sent to sasural much to the dismay of Dhanunjay. Bonditha secured best marks in academics in all subjects, took prize from viceroy general in an essay competition. 

Dhanunjay Dida Rajeswari, Sarat parents and some other villagers met Trilochan and asked him to Bonditha should discontinue her studies, if she is interested ask her to sit in home and study privately, but not anymore in school. They asked why. 

They all told that we have more expectations on our sons. Due to this girl our sons are unable to get good marks. She’s also wearing pant shirts and playing sports. Where are her values. Is this her character. Will it give glory to RC family.  Even in our families our girls are insisting that they will also go to school for education. What shall we do. We are normal people, we can’t keep our respect in stake and send girls outside. 

Bonditha came and explained that education is very important for girl. It will be very interesting to come to school and study than sitting at home and study. We can know about outside world, how to mingle with outside people, courage to speak in public. She pointed Dhanunjay Dida, then why are you coming out and looking after fields, you are also a woman, why are you not sitting inside. This made old woman ego hurt to the most and shouted that my daughter and son in law died, and no one to look after our fields, so it is necessary for me. Else how can I take up my grandson Dhanunjay responsibility. Bonditha replied “ That means you yourself have proved that if necessity comes women should come out to work. Then I have also done the same thing like you. Why do you find fault in me”   

Bonditha with folded hands, told that “ I don’t mean to hurt anyone. Education is necessary for survival of human beings. My husband always tells that education will help us to come out of problems in any difficult situation. When my husband agreed for me to study. Then why do you all raise your objections. Please don’t stop me. If girls are educated, we can understand what is right and wrong. If all the girls come to school it will be a great achievement for me.” 

But Rajeswari didn’t give up and warned Trilochan that “ Even I am also a powerful person in this village. Because of your bahu, our boys are getting less marks and feeling insecured. Ask her not to come to school at any cost, else this matter will be In panchayat”

Initially Bonditha requested Trilochan not to get into their words, but Rajeswari has pressurized RCs to the core like Dhananjay posting her pictures as wall papers by insulting everywhere, so he  took a firm decision and asked Bonditha  to give up studies or she will face insults. She firmly told that she cannot give up her and Patibabu dream at any cost. You and kaki always explained me that to follow what husband says. When I am following my husband words, why are you stopping me. 

Trilochan shouted that you always keep your arguments. Upto one level I can bear it. But not more than that. Sampoorna bahu cannot do all the works now. Her mother can only take care of her. Now it is your turn to do all the household works. This is my final order. If anything is there, I will speak with Anirudh. You need not worry about it and you will not write exams also.

She requested Somnath to convince ksj, but somnath replies “ These panchayat people are very tougher Bonditha! I will speak with Anirudh that you will continue your studies from home. Your dream will also be fulfilled and our prestige will also be kept.” She is shocked to see the changed behavior and asked him why you are behaving in such a way. He replied that “ Dhanunjay Dida has spread rumors about you in village. As you have slapped him for a girl right, so they are unable to take the insult anymore. Anirudh is also getting more cases and need to go to Kolkata regularly and he is looking after Binoy kaka Kolkata branch, so it is impossible and most difficult to protect you always,  It is for your safety only. Please give up your dream.” 

Sampoorna also told “When I went to temple 2 days before, suddenly I felt dizziness but no one are ready to give water and they taunted me that women in your house are rebellious. Already with much difficulty, I got a life. But due to you villagers taunts are increasing despite of being a RC bahu. Till now our sasural has fulfilled all your dreams, now it is your turn to sacrifice it for our sasural.” Bonditha is completely shattered and went to room with tears. She embraced Anirudh photo and told that she is missing him a lot, she has become alone completely. 

Suddenly phone rang in study room, she thought it might be Anirudh and ran to receive it, thinking in mind to tell everything about this mess to Anirudh. But Trilochan lifted the phone, Anirudh on the other side asked to give phone to Bonditha. 

Trilochan warned Bonditha by closing speaker not to tell anything to Anirudh at any cost. She felt upset, took the receiver. Anirudh talked “ Bonditha, are you ok? From last 1 hour, I am feeling Very desperate to talk to you. But busy in Father’s office files. Just now completed my work, I immediately made a call. How are you Bonditha, is everything fine.”

Tears are rolling down and kept silent for few seconds. Trilochan signaled to talk with Anirudh , with much difficulty. She told “Yes, I am fine. You don’t worry about me. I am studying.I have to complete my portion. Today. I will talk to you later.” She gave phone to Trilochan and left. 

Later Trilochan sent koyli to collect all books from Bonditha’s room and throw away. She requested not to do so. But koyli secretly kept it in store room and pretended to Trilochan that she has thrown it. Bonditha is weeping inconsolably to the core, she didn’t take her food. 

Anirudh Bonditha are thinking of each other.He thought that  Bonditha! you are in problem, I will start immediately. Bonditha on the other side is thinking that hope you understood my pain. I wish you could be here now. 

Next day, Bonditha has not come out of room, fever has come due to continuous weeping. Koyli told that she is having fever. Mami murmured to Sampoorna purposefully knowing that Trilochan and Somnath are listening “ Bonditha is doing this intentionally to show her displeasure. She know that you are having nausea severely in the morning. Daily she is making lemon juice for you. When her sasural has gone against her wish, she is showing her true colors. Ok, I will make it and bring it for you.” Saying so, mami left. They both felt that Bondita is doing drama. 

Somnath didn’t even check her temperature despite koyli came and requested him. At this stage, he only felt that she is selfish, she is not thinking of family respect, what is the necessity for her to cry throughout the night as if she is deceived to the worst by her own people. Why can't she study privately. Is she thinking that she alone can bring the change to the whole world. Somnath fumed and left. 

Anirudh reached by afternoon, she is in deep sleep. Trilochan is shocked to see him so early than expected. He stammered and asked “ you are here. Why did you leave your work in between? Is everything ok?” Anirudh replied that “I want to ask this question to you kaka! Is everything ok?”

He laughed out hardly and told that yes, why do you think so that everything will not be fine. Do you think that we will not take care of our bahu in your absence. It is not like that. Anirudh told ' I didn’t take Bonditha’s name kaka. So it means you consider that there is some issue with Bonditha. Am I correct? '

Trilochan told “ you practice your Barristry in court, not in home. Your wife got fever today morning. Nothing more than that, she is in deep sleep now. Go and check if you want” He rushed to her room and checked her by keeping hand on forehead. It is indicating that she could have temperature more than 101. He asked koyli to bring the tablets what Somnath dada gave you in morning. She stammered and told that he didn’t give any tablets so far. He is irked to listen this. 

Sampoorna just came and rebuked on koyli to tell full matter else difference of opinions will come in between brothers. She replied Anirudh that he got an emergency case today morning and left. He don’t know that Bonditha has got fever. 

Anirudh took Bonditha’s hand into his hands and sat there only. Sampoorna asked him to get refreshed and have food. Just then Bonditha is dreaming Patibabu, I don’t want to give up...saying so she slept. 

Trilochan also came and asked him to refresh. Koyli will make her take milk. Reluctantly he moved  and observed all the faces, and felt something is fishy. He got a doubt and turned back. There are no books in study room. He asked where are her books. He checked her cupboards, but found nothing.

Trilochan asked Anirudh to come out and told him: “Bonditha class boys are teasing everywhere, trying to defame her and our family respect in Tulsipur. so we decided that she won’t continue her education any more. Also took promise from her.” Anirudh is shocked about to say something but Trilochan asked him. Not to force us, it is a joint decision in family  if you want to stand on your stubborn decision, make her to sit in home and read. Not to send school. Sampoorna bahu is  pregnant, now Bondita bahu has to fulfill all the duties. Till now I didn't say anything against your wish. This time you should also listen to elders. Anirudh argued that you took decisions on her behalf, you are forcing your decisions on others. I didn’t expect this from you kaka. When he is saying Somnath, Sampoorna came.

Sampoorna interfered and told " Devarji, you are telling as if we torture her in your absence. Why will we do that. Entire village is gossiping about Bondita's character after she had rift with Dhananjay, she slapped him, gave him a tight reply.She harshly replied to all boys through her voice and also through her marks. Some days before, Dhananjay Dida Rajeswari came here with main villagers, other parents and asked to give up going to school, else we need to face dire consequences. 2 days before when I went to temple villagers behaved harshly with me because of Bondita. They didn't offer water when I am suffering with dizziness. If this continues, everyone will make us leave the village and we should migrate to other place. So sasurji took decision for our family respect that Bondita will not to school, if necessary she will study from home. He is like your father who have taken care of you and bhatuk like his own children. For this reason only, Bondita is weeping as if she lost the most valuable thing in life." 

Anirudh replied "yes, education is most important thing in life. I thought that you all will support her in my absence, but nobody has given courage to face the situation.”  

Somnath  lost cool but sampoorna intentionally stopped him telling that he is your brother,and worried by his wife's condition. Somnath asked 'will I not be worried about your condition. Bondita intentionally spoiled her health and trying to frame us as monsters in Anirudh's perspective. I didn't expect this from her and my brother also blaming us simply.'  she took him aside and pacified that with these little difference of opinions we should not break our relations, previously your mother always tried to keep our family united. It is my turn to keep family united whether Bondita support me or not.'

Trilochan thought that now brothers ar getting into arguments because of Bondita. I always thought that Sampoorna is not an eligible bahu and Bondita is eligible bahu. But now situation is completely reversed. I should warn Bondita bahu to leave her stubbornness.' 

Anirudh is struggling to make turmeric milk in kitchen. Meanwhile Trilochan came and warned Bondita who just gained consciousness, that you should not start studies at any cost. She cried. 

Later Anirudh came and she raised from bed. He made her to sit comfortably by keeping pillow to her back, first asked her to take milk. When she drank, she told by bending head that she will study from home privately. Everyone are thinking that I am behaving  revolutionary. He simply said 'ok'. She is shocked and asked 'Did you say ok'. He said :yes'. 

Anirudh continued 'What did you expect, I will shout and say no. It is your struggle Bondita. Unless you show your interest and dedication to your passion, how long can I shout and provoke you to come into right path. Today, Women's education will keep on getting refusal, Bonditha, tomorrow all the parents may ask children irrespective of gender to concentrate on studies in your age. People always will throw stones and thrones who always try to bring change and pave new path. It is upto you that if you are willing to remove all those and give new direction for other girls or will you give up this struggle in middle only. Will you be Arjun in this kurukshetra or not is your wish. If you wish to become Arjun, I will guide you like Krishna guided him. Sometimes you need to fight with own people and sometimes with outsiders also.  Remember one thing Mann ka haar hi haar, mann ka Jeet hi jeet.'  

Anirudh forwarded his hand and next second, Bondita caught his hand and told that she will become Arjun and you will always be my Krishna. I will not give up my struggle in middle.  She told that kaka sasurji asked koyli to throw all my books outside. He is irritated with this. 

Just then, koyli came secretly and apologized them. She told that she kept all the books secretly in one trunk box in store room and left. They are happy. He told that first we will complete this year final exams and think other way to continue your education. She nodded. He felt hurt with Somnath behavior.

The other day, initially he met principal of not to remove Bonditha’s name from school, principal told that he is not willing to do so, but how will you convince villagers. Everyone are gossiping about her. 

Anirudh replied ‘Sir, you also know how much fact is there in those gossips. Please give her a chance.’ Principal agreed that they should take risk for this. He can only allow to write exams but they have to make their own arrangements for the next year, he agreed. 

He met Rajeswari, other parents to give up their domination on his wife. It is both of our dream that my wife will become highly educated, pls don’t stop her. But none agreed with him and warned him to keep his wife away from education. Anirudh shouted but Somnath who is passing on the way, stopped the dispute and told Anirudh that being impulsive, rebellious will always bring problems and cannot lead a peaceful life. He has shown Bonditha’s posters in some places and asked him to decide. He also advised that every time being aggressive cannot be an answer. Think wisely. Anirudh thought that this time he should be calm, let her finish exams and decided not to give up and motivated Bonditha also in that night.

Next day morning, he came early and gave her boys uniform. He told that " I spoke with principal early in the morning, he agreed to to write exams. But by the results time everyone will come to know about it. Then we will reveal the truth. Our family members may get convinced by seeing your marks."

She said yes, may be Somnath jamaibabu will be happy and if he is impressed he will convince kaka sasurji. He asked her to change uniform and come. She changed it. As per his advice, she tied her hair tightly kept a cap. Anirudh also dressed himself in school uniform. She is surprised and asked why you have dressed as school boy. He told that to protect you, actually if any one asks your name tell your name as Neeraj. My name will be Avinash. They laughed, peeped out of window. They already informed koyli not to tell anyone. They pretended that Bondita is sleeping. 

Next day Somnath also felt bad that being a doctor he didn't check her temperature and gave medicines. He knocked Bondita's door but she told that Bondita Malkin is in deep sleep. Trilochan came and asked 'where is Anirudh'. She told that chote Malik has gone out in an important work early morning. 

Trilochan thought that these couple are like Toofan. How will they easily accept their defeat. Somnath gave medicines to koyli and told " if  temperature is high, ask her to take this. Else ask her to take another tablets" saying so, he gave 2 types of tablets. He insisted not to forget and ask Bonditha to read before taking any tablet. Koyli nodded.

They reached school premises. They saw 3 boys making fun of Bondita that we defeated her, we shall be happy now. Both husband and wife fumed with anger. They called them and asked who are you. 

Anirudh managed that we joined in last month of academic year, our principal agreed to write exams. If we clear it, we will get admission to X class. They are about to tease Bondita/Neeraj by pulling out cap, but Anirudh stopped and diverted that principal is coming. When they saw back and again turned front, they both are disappeared. They hid and when the exam is about to start they came atlast minute 

Teacher also got suspicious, but Bondita managed. She wrote her exam well and ran from back compound of school so that they need not face boys again. They successfully peeped through windowbin rc haveli, changed dress one by one in washroom. Anirudh again went out and came through main door successfully. 

Trilochan asked where did you go early in the morning. He told that he went to Deenpur on client work. He told that he will convince Bondita to give exams at any cost, I don't like her leaving education so easily. Trilochan tried to convince but Anirudh didn't listen and went inside.

From inside (as per their plan), Bondita is telling that "Patibabu, I can't come into your words now. I don't want to listen people taunting me." He started shouting "we have worked hard for admission, your ambition is to become barrister babu...." But still she pretended that she didn't come into Anirudh's words. 

Trilochan felt happy , thinking that finally Bondita bahu agreed with me and happily left from there. As soon as he left, they signaled that they should maintain this secret as lock and key🤐🤫. They laughed. 

At night, they pretended to be angry with each other.

Sampoorna is wondered how can Bondita accept defeat so easily, I need to check her if she is playing any game, but couldn't find anything in room. Bondita came and gave badam milk to sampoorna, asked her to take milk. Still she maintained fever ( as per Anirudh's plan),kept onions in underarms. Sampoorna asked her to take rest for few more days, to get recovered.

Anirudh is not talking with Bondita infront of his family members and Bondita is pretending to be sad. Trilochan is consoling her that his anger will be gone in few days and you should take rest. Except koyli no one knows about their drama.

Next day also, he got ready and told Trilochan that he has work and need to go out. Koyli came and told that Bondita's fever is not reduced. Anirudh told koyli  ask her to take rest, but I will not look after her till she come into my words. Trilochan tried to pacify but Anirudh left angrily. He is waiting outside near window. Somnath came and asked Bondita about fever. She tricked him by putting thermometer in hot milk and it shown high. He gave medicines and went away. Later she changed herself to boy uniform peeped through window. Later went to school. They took teachers help this time, entered exam hall and completed the exam. Mami tried to open Bondita's room door but stopped by Trilochan.  

On 3rd day , boys stopped them before entering exam, they tried to tease both of them, asked Bondita to dance. With difficult, she did it. Anirudh lied that we want to do friendship with basketball player Dhananjay and praised him. Latter is impressed and melted for them. He introduced himself as Dhananjay. They almost about to touch his feet and requested to teach basketball for which latter agreed. They also praised how he made a girl named Bondita out of school.  

He told that Bondita is a talented girl, and is coming in my way everytime be it studies or basketball. So I took my Dida help to stop her. Now she will be cooking food for her husband and in laws. All the boys laughed. They controlled anger to complete exams. 

Before last day of exam,  in the evening time, suddenly she felt stomachache. She didn't understand why is she feeling so. She saw blood spot on her bed sheet, didn't understand what's going on , till now she didn't read about this kind of change in science subject. (Her subject only told about body functioning, not dealt with human reproductive system.  She observed that she is bleeding , about to tell Anirudh but felt ackward to face him. Koyli also went to her village that day only.) She went into washroom and cleaned it but still not stopping. She is crying, her saree is getting spoiled. She prayed to Durga maa what's happening with me. Is it any disease. Am I going to die. It is flowing in room. She is hardly cleaning the room and body but still uncontrollable.

She thought of sampoorna. Went to call her, she has shown her condition. Mami also noticed it and told that it is a curse on women, you shouldn't show your face for 3 days to anyone and stay in dark room. It will occur for 3-4 days in a month and you are not supposed to go outside, don't go to pooja room, kitchen, don't let any man know about your condition, don't touch anyone. Bondita is shocked 😲 and cried. 

Sampoorna tried to explain by touching her,  but Devoleena stopped sampoorna from talking so much. She told sampoorna that you are pregnant and should not touch a girl who is affected with this curse. That is not good and told by elders. Mami dragged Bondita to dark room near store room, asked her to stay inside & I will look after your needs. There is a way out and go outside for using washroom. If you touch or talk to anyone it will be a bad omen. Every woman will isolate herself at this time. You go for washroom outside early in morning and come back quickly. You are not even supposed to take bath. Saying so she locked in dark room and went away. Bondita felt very scared, thought of Anirudh and cried deeply.

On the other side, Anirudh is also searching for her in the entire haveli. Daily they used to read secretly near store room for exams. Only one exam is left and he thought that no obstacle should stop Bondita now at any cost. He went near store room, but Bondita is not there also. He wondered where she could be and felt restlessness.  Suddenly he heard someone weeping  in dark room which is near store room.  He carefully listened the sound and screamed Bondita. Latter remembered mami words and thought not to see him, covered her mouth with hand, controlled her cry. But the blood drops are not stopping. 

On the other hand, sampoorna went to Trilochan room and told that Bondita entered womanhood. He felt extremely delighted and told that your child is bringing all the luck. Bondita stopped education, now entered womanhood. After 3days, we will call pandit for rutu puja and all rituals. 

When sampoorna came out, mami scolded sampoorna "why did you tell your father in law about Bondita's periods. He will arrange suhaagraat for Anirudh Bondita and she will also give heir with in 1 year. We could have locked in dark room, let her suffer and we can project her as stubborn girl infront of everyone."

Sampoorna asked her to "stay calm, what do you think of Anirudh. Do you think he will make Bondita as his wife in all means. Never. He will not even touch her. He is only willing to get her educated. Nothing more than that. By listening about Suhaag raat, he himself will burst on his kaka, I will pretend to my husband that his paternal cousin Anirudh is rebuking on his own father which leads to dispute between brothers. Already some difference of opinions are going on in between them. If we project that Anirudh is not having gratitude towards his kaka who have raised him and his brother like own sons after his mother's demise, my husband will not keep quiet. This time he will listen to all my words, because the day we started our married life, I fulfilled all his desires, I also understood that his first wife Tupur took much time than me. So it is obvious that my husband will come into my words easily." They both smiled.

Anirudh pretended that he went away but silently came and listened near dark room. He clearly heard her weeping sound and wondered why is she crying. What could be the reason. He also found that someone locked her from outside and suspected that if anyone came to know that she is writing exams secretly. 

He remembered that there is another door to go outside and came through other way,  went inside room with lantern  which is dark, she is lying on floor , suddenly saw Anirudh. He asked 'What is she doing. She tried to hide her face, and told that he should not see her face or touch her. Right now she is a bad omen, asked him to leave. 

He asked what are you saying.who locked you here. She couldn't say anything. He came near, found blood stains on floor. Initially he thought " Did you get hurt anywhere" , took her hand and observed her face, feet but couldn't find. Suddenly a thought came into mind and looked at her in surprise. 

She ran from him,  her clothes are getting spoiled. She screamed 'Don't come come near, mami and sampoorna didi told that I got cursed. I am impure now. I shouldn't see any man, I shouldn't touch anything. They asked me to go out near river side for using washroom.' 

Anirudh is moved by her words, he told her with tears in voice that 'Aisa bilkul nahi hai Bondita. Yeh shraap nahi, isse mahavari kehta hai. Aisa har ladki, har aurat ke saath hota hai.'

She tried to argue, but he interrupted and asked her to let him explain " Tum Ashudh nahi ho. Yeh har ladki, aurat ke saath hoti hai. Yeh poore prakriti nirman ka mool beej hai. Isliye aurat ko janani kehte hain. Bhagwan ne aurat ko diya hua tofa hai.  Tumse milne ya choone se mujhe ya kisiko kuch nahi hoga. Teri mami tujhe darana chahti hai, bas. Aisa har maheene hota hai, ladkiya badi hone ka nishani hai. Maano ki tumhare shareer tujhe keh rahi hai ki ab tum badi ho rahi hai. Samay ke saath saath tere shareer, mann mein aur bhi badlav aata hain. Is mein kuch bhi ghalati nahi hai Bondita. 

Meri Maa, kaki ki zamane mein aisa alag rahte hain. Yeh toh hum badalna chahiye Bondita. Somnath Dada ne mujhe ek baar kaha ki Tupur boudi bhi aisa alag nahi rehti. To tum kyu alag rehna chahti ho.  Mein dekhloonga ki koun aayega  aisa kaal kothi mein tujhe bandne ki. Chalo, tumhare kamre mein chalte hai hum.'

Still she didn’t want to come near to him, shook her head as no, moved backward with an unknown fear. He came forward, extended his hand and touched her head.  'Dekha, kuch nahi hua. I will not die by touching you or seeing you but by the thought you got scared of me, you are afraid to share your pain with me. Am I a stranger to you Bonditha?’

She became emotional and embraced him. 'I thought of you when mami is forcefully dragging me here. You removed my fear. I am not impure... I am not impure." 

He replied with tears  'You can never be impure. Impure are those persons who think that women suffering with menses cycle are impure. Let us go to your room .'  she asked 'How can I come. My clothes are spoiled. I am using cotton and curtain clothes to control it, as you told while teaching science lesson but it isn’t sufficient. I am unable to move.' He thought for a while and told that he will be back in sometime. 

He immediately observed all clothes, took one cloth which can absorb water and stitched it with cotton by recollecting as he saw once Bonditha  used to stitch her clothes. After 1 hour, he brought her other saree and napkins. He asked her to change dress and use the napkins so that she can come outside. He will be waiting. Saying so, he left. 

After a while, she came through another door to outside, they hold hands and came near the main door and knocked it. All are awoken from sleep. Mami, sampoorna shocked to see Bondita with Anirudh and worried now what will happen, they have to handle situation carefully. Trilochan asked 'What happened Anirudh. (Looking at Bondita happily) Now our bahu is grown up. I think sampoorna bahu asked her to stay in dark room. Why did you bring her here? She should stay there." 

Anirudh replied "Kaka, she is locked like a kalapani prisoner in dark room. She is asked to go outside for washroom purpose. Why kaka? Why is it happening with women?"

Looking at mami, 'Being a woman you have locked a girl in dark room and making her to scare for new changes. What are you trying to tell her that being woman , getting menses is a curse.’

Mami cleverly told ‘I cannot belittle Bonditha, but there is also a preg woman in house. A menses girl shadow is not good for pregnant woman. Elders used to say this. Sampoorna is going to give heir to your family. Already Somnath jamayi Babu has lost 2 kids before coming into this world. So this time he will shatter completely if anything happens. For this family’s happiness I have done this. I don’t have any other intentions.’

Anirudh is about to argue, but Somnath and Trilochan also rubbed off and told not to make any drama. At that moment, both Anirudh Bonditha felt themselves as strangers and unwanted in their house. Anirudh firmly  told that Bonditha will take rest in her room, she will not be in dark room anymore.

Somnath strictly told Bonditha that not to wander around Sampoorna for next 4 days. This time I don’t want any risk to happen with my wife and child. Anirudh completely understood the reason in his brother's changed behavior. Trilochan asked mami to make sure that Bonditha will not be around Sampoorna for next 4 days. She nodded.

Next day, mami came to check Bonditha but found room is locked from inside. She tried to break the lock, but Trilochan came and told that ‘Leave it. Let Bonditha bahu relax. She will open when she want to.’ 

Bonditha completed final exam, came out and told Anirudh that they have done this successfully. Anirudh went inside principal room, thanked him for the help. Principal raised concern that if villagers came to know about this, it will be a big issue. You also know Rajeswari ji is a powerful person, don’t know how you will collect her marks.

Anirudh thought for a while and requested ‘If any necessary comes, please keep her marks sheet, Transfer certificates aside. I will collect it personally or tell you the address so that you can send there, this is the last favor I am asking.’ But at the same time, Bonditha’s clothes have started spoiling, she felt tensed with this. She stood alone in ground near some trees. Suddenly boys started coming.

They decided to tease the new comer. She stood beside a coconut tree, but they have grabbed her out, asked her to come with them. Anirudh came out and saw this, pushed boys aside, hold Bonditha’s hand and started running. They ran in streets. Dhanunjay gang chased them. He shouted to all villagers that they are thieves, catch them. 

Anirudh Bonditha didn’t expect this, but suddenly they have climbed a wall and jumped to the other side. In that process, her dress is getting spoiled. Anirudh understood that she can’t run anymore. They hid in one place, took help from an old woman changed her clothes to old woman saree and started to return back to house late in the afternoon. 

But unfortunately while biology master discussing with other teachers to keep Bonditha’s marks aside in staff room, Sarat heard it and informed to all boys. 

On that day Binoy also came to Tulsipur on some work and wish Sampoorna for giving heir. Trilochan happily told about Bonditha, panditji will come tomorrow and fix muhrat,  they are arranging Anirudh Bonditha suhaagraat.

Just then, villagers came out and created ruckus outside. They came out and asked the problem.  They all told the entire truth that Bonditha disguised as a boy, came to school and written her exams. Just then Anirudh Bonditha are arriving, some women dragged her despite of Anirudh’s warnings. 

The entire family is dejected to learn that Bonditha didn’t give up her dream and stood adamant. Some women noticed blood stains and reprimanded that “ Such a shameless girl! She came out during periods time.” 

Anirudh shouted on everyone to keep quiet 🤫 and told that she has done on my advice. Don’t you dare to raise your voice on her. If your boys have guts, ask them to compete with her in exams not by creating hurdles to my wife. 

In that ruckus, they were about to throw Sampoorna, but Bonditha caught hold of her, she reprimanded Bonditha that because of you, I may lost my child . 

Binoy pacified villagers that either Bonditha will give up her education or she will not be considered as our bahu. That’s final and this is a promise from our side. Anirudh Bonditha are dejected to listen this. All the villagers left.

Later in home, Somnath  erupted like volcano for creating hungama daily and told that he will leave haveli with his wife, can’t stand with Anirudh Bonditha anymore. He want a peaceful  and respectful life, not a krantikari life. He accused that  Anirudh doesn’t have gratitude on my parents who took care of him and Bhatuk from childhood.

Anirudh tried to defend that he always consider them as his parents, but this kind of narrow minded thinking..Before Anirudh completes it, Somnath bursted ‘Wah Anirudh, wah! Khoob bhalo. Today my father thinking has become narrow minded. Am I correct? He always think of you both brothers equally with me. You are showing your true colors. That’s enough. Either you both will go out of Haveli or I and my wife will go out of haveli,that’s final!’ Trilochan is about to stop, but Somnath sweared on him not to stop today. Else these couple are ready to keep everyone’s lives in risk.

Binoy requested Somnath not to leave your father like that, who is going to become grand father. I always consider you as my son more than Anirudh. The one who always goes against elders wishes, who doesn’t consider elders words, who consider themselves as great and disrespect others will leave. 

Then finally Anirudh declared that he will leave the house with Bonditha forever. Bonditha felt bad and cried deeply. Anirudh placed hand on her shoulder and explained with eyes that it is  needed to keep their respect. They both hold hands together. They packed their things, books from study room, came to the living room, tried to take blessings of elders. But none are ready to give them blessings. 

Bonditha folded hands infront of Durga maa to take care of family. Bihari and koyli shed tears while they are leaving. Trilochan told with tears, ‘I didn’t expect this from both of you. You always do what you want to do, not even for a while you thought of family members.’ Bonditha is about to say but he left from there. 

Sampoorna came outside, taunted Bonditha that you don’t obey our sasural but you want all the jewelry from here. Bonditha immediately took out all jewelry and handed over to Sampoorna. She has shown that she is taking only the sarees that her husband has purchased for her and the books that her husband has bought with his hard work. They left the haveli by holding hands together.

Edited by mprvn36 - 2 years ago
coderlady thumbnail

Jayant can not tolerate Bondita getting the better of him. But she will.

coderlady thumbnail

Bhaumik was after revenge, but did not expect him to resort to murder.

mprvn36 thumbnail

Part 12 FF: Bondita in the teenage phase, sampoorna delivery time

Anirudh standing  outside of waiting room for Bonditha in Deenpur station. she came changing clothes. He asked how is she feeling now. She said ok and asked where shall we go now. He replied that we are leaving to  Kolkata. She asked  ‘Are we doing any wrong by leaving our family and accepting defeat. How can we stay alone leaving all.’ He replied ‘To achieve a great success, we have to accept a simple defeat. This time, no one are in a mood to listen our intentions. Let some time go on. When we reach our goal successfully everyone will understand what we are trying to prove. Rajeswari ji and other villagers will not allow you to study there. Now you are going to join in 10th standard, which is a crucial class and time in education life. 

After completing X standard, you will be joining in secondary school, which we don't have college in Tulsipur. So after 1 year you may have to leave our village for higher studies. Now situation has forced us to leave earlier, even I am also getting more cases and should keep on visiting Kolkata. So it is better we shift there,”  she sat silently, he took her hand in his hands and asked “Don’t you believe me.” She replied ‘I believe you more than god. I am thinking of you. I got habituated in new place leaving my mother. But how can you adjust leaving your family members. Why everyone are blaming you? Especially Somnath jamayi Babu who used to be very friendly with you. But he has suddenly changed, not at all bothering about you.’ 

Anirudh replied ‘ everyone are blaming even you also Bonditha. With these difference of opinions, if we stay together hatred will increase if we come away from them, there are chances that hatred may decrease.’ Just then they heard train sound. They boarded the train and left to Kolkata.

In Tulsipur, Trilochan sat near mandir thinking about Anirudh Bonditha. He is in thoughts “Why all these happened. Why did they leave. Can’t they take 2 -3 harsh words from elders? Whatever I say, it is for their safety only. Where did they go now and how can they live alone.

Gowri and shubra behen will be weeping by seeing the house situation. The house is divided and it happened when I am alive. What will our ancestors think of me, that I am incapable to maintain unity in our family.” He kept on weeping. 

Binoy came and consoled him, told that you have taken care of my children more than me after shubra’s demise. It is Anirudh’s fault for not listening to elders, he also made his wife like him. Leave it dada. You should be happy that soon you are going to become grandfather. Live happily with your son, daughter-in-law. When they don’t have elders shadow, they will understand what they lost and will be back, repenting for their mistake’. Trilochan nodded. 

Sampoorna with mama mami are extremely happy that their daughter is the only malkin of the house. They thought to be more careful and obedient to get the treasure keys.

In Kolkata, they went with luggage to a duplex house having separate portions. Bondita asked 'whose house is this' . Anirudh told that 'I spoke with my friend when you went to change in Deenpur station and he gave this house address. He also spoke with house owner.' 

House owner are middle age couple Kashiram and Vishala  came and gave welcome to the couple. Vishala stopped them , gave Aarti and told that she have already made servant to clean the house and will send them food.

They introduced about their family told that they have a daughter named Ambika 15 years who got married but her husband Jagadish is an engineer want her to have minimum education. They also have a son named Vishnu of 8 years. He is a mischievous boy and called Bonditha as didi. They are happy with him. 

When Bonditha tried to befriend with Ambica, she didn’t care much about her.  Anirudh paid them rent. They unpacked all the things, Bondita first arranged his books in order. Later Vishala brought food for them and they thanked her. She became dull thinking if all family members took their food or not, he cheered her up and they both fed each other. 

He taught her the route places and directions to provisional stores, clinic in Kolkata, made her remember court phone number. He also took her to court once   she is mesmerized by the environment and he reminded her ambition that after finishing barristry she will also come here regularly.

After few days, he managed to get her certificates. Bhatuk also visited once and felt bad that they are ousted from family, entire Tulsipur village. He is completely changed with a little mustache and beard, his voice is also slightly changed. Anirudh Bonditha amazed to see him, Anirudh asked ‘how can you manage to come alone , are you not afraid?’ He laughed and told ‘dada, I am no more a little kid now. I can travel alone to any place. I took ticket, boarded train and came here.’ 

He expressed his hatred towards kaka, Somnath dada and Sampoorna boudi. He told that he won’t visit them again. Anirudh asked not to develop hatred towards own family members. Misunderstandings will come and go, but we all are a family. He stayed with them for 2 days, played with Vishnu. Like earlier, he is not playing with Bonditha, when Anirudh and Bonditha are talking in room, he is knocking the door and seeking permission to come in, he asked Bonditha to sit with Anirudh while taking food. Directly or indirectly he is teasing them, 

Bonditha once asked for these changes. He told that neither you nor I are kids boudi, Gowri kaki once told that when we are growing, she asked me to respect you like sister. In Tulsipur, When you and Dada are talking in study room, I was about to come, kaki immediately told that when husband and wife are in room, other person should knock the door and go. So I am behaving as per her instructions. She felt a strange feeling, want to be happy that she is growing want to be sad that she cannot play like before. While leaving, he asked both to take care of themselves as there are no one left for him. Anirudh  embraced him, Asked him to come again whenever he get holidays. 

Bhatuk gave him typewriter as gift, he insisted that he should not reject this else he will feel bad. Bonditha asked for what occasion you are giving this gift to your brother. Bhatuk replied that his dada’s 23rd  birthday is coming in August. Don’t you know that. So I am giving this as an advanced birthday gift. I have saved money to give present. She is surprised and felt guilty for not knowing her Patibabu birthday,  decided to celebrate it in a grand way. 

She got admitted in same school  and class where Ambica is studying. Bonditha is very happy that she got other 3 girls as classmates, have separate washrooms for girls. Anirudh also delighted that she got girls in her class and their neighbor Ambika is her classmate he felt a bit relaxed, involved in his barristry along with working in a company as part time to meet ends. She didn’t understand why Ambica is not talking with her much, she offered her food in lunch time in school and asked the exact reason. 

Ambica told that I am not interested in studies or in my husband, but my husband want me to get educated. If I complete X std successfully he will take me to his house. Bonditha asked ‘What is the problem with studies.’ She told that all subjects are very tough and my mind always want to go to dramas. Also my husband is 10 years elder than me, he always talk about education, values, and want me to stand with him equally. He neither give me beautiful gifts like gajra, sarees, jewelry nor talk with me lovingly like shown in dramas. Very boring person.’  The other two girls are Sanghavi and yamini also joined their talk.

Bondita asked 'Love,  Your husband is making you educated, he is giving an opportunity to  complete your dreams. You need not be scared if anyone stops you from studying. What else you want.’

She laughed at Bonditha and told ‘ Dreams, I only dream to be loved by someone. I am not interested in studies. why are you acting like innocent girl, Bonditha? Don’t you know that husband will love his wife, will your husband not talk lovingly, will he not bring gajra for her. You are staying with him. How can you be unaware of all these things.’

Bonditha didn’t say anything. She felt ambiguous , some kind of feeling is spreading in her not understanding what to say, also at the same time feeling irritated on herself for these illusionary thoughts. she want to be angry on Ambika or belittling studies but cannot be completely angry with her, also want to feel something , but not getting how to react. 

Sanghavi also told that her marriage will happen by next year this time. Yamini , 16 years age girl scolded both of them that we got an opportunity to study, asked Bonditha not to come into their  words. With much difficulty, we got an opportunity to come to school and read. I am a daughter of freedom fighter. Today our country is considered as slave to Britishers. We should study hard and get good success in life. All these talks are just fantasy. He used to say that We have lot of time for these stuff. Lunch period is finished . It’s biology class. She has a lady teacher Indrani for biology subject in class which she felt very happy and can happily discuss with her. 

On Sunday she saw Ambika talking with a guy from distance. She thought may be he is her husband. When Ambika returned back, she asked ‘Why don’t you invite your husband inside home. You could have offered something to eat or drink.’ Ambika felt tensed and stammered, told that ‘He is having an important work, he told that he will come later on.’ Saying so, she left into home. Bonditha felt something fishy. 

Anirudh Bonditha are sharing maximum house hold works, he is trying his best not to put any work pressure on Bondita.  He arranged for telephone in home. They first called to Tulsipur house, where Trilochan lifted, he happily told that they are in Kolkata tried to give number but Trilochan disconnected. 

Bondita told that she has written 4 letters giving the house address but so far they didn't get reply. All the letters written to Tulsipur RC haveli are torn by mama mami.

Other day her biology teacher Indrani warned Ambika, Sanghavi who are unable to give answers. She warned them to focus on studies and not on unnecessary things. In break time, when Ambika tried to speak ill of teacher, Bonditha understood the nature of Ambika, thought that Ambika and Sanghavi are aimless, whereas Yamini wants to achieve something in life. students gossip that Indrani teacher is rebellious, she left her sasural for studies. Due to brahmo samaj influence, Indrani have completed education in between all the taunts and reprimands from own family members. 

Bondita observed that Anirudh struggling hard by doing 2 jobs and going on bicycle to court and evening office. Whenever she saw his bicycle she used to cry in heart, remembering how he used to go in car in Tulsipur. She asked him to take rest, but he told that it is necessary to meet ends.

Bonditha asked ‘Why, don’t you have money.’ He replied ‘I have saved money for your school expenses,  and any medical emergency. I should also keep separate savings for your Barristry course in London which is very costly. For remaining needs, I am doing another job and soon the company may take me as legal head.’ She felt happy, and told that she will do Barrister course here only. He told that we will decide once you finish 10th, 12 th . 

She also started working in free time in tailor shop of kashiram. Vishala is also a tailor who used to stitch ladies sarees, blouses in that area. Bonditha also helped her by designing blouses, and started saving her earned amount in savings box to buy a birthday present for Anirudh. 

Initially he asked why are you doing other works than studying. She told that she is doing other works only after studying. Anirudh also understood that Ambika focus is not on studies and worried that if Bonditha will be affected by Ambika. Once he asked her all the questions in all subjects, when she gave all answers he felt satisfactory and praised ‘Bravo Bonditha’. She assured him that she will not let his hardwork go in vain. He asked her to take rest after she completes her studies, he will manage everything.

With her new designs, kashiram, Vishala has gained popularity in that area, they gained more amount and paid to Bonditha her share. With the help of kashiram, she made a coat for him as birthday present.

Anirudh’s birthday: On his birthday, she kept flowers and greeting card in his room, decorated the house with flowers. When he woke up he is amazed to see this. She came and wished him. He is delighted, also embarrassed and asked ‘what is necessary for all these arrangements Bonditha?’ She asked ‘Did I ask when you make anything for me. Then why are you asking me. Please get ready and come fast. This is your birthday present.’ She has shown him the present. 

He is surprised but at the same time asked her suspiciously 'From where did you get money.' she felt tensed and told ' the money which you are giving daily while going to school , I used to save it.' he told ' Although you have saved it, but this is very costly your pocket money will not be sufficient..tell me you have done something more to get this expensive coat...how can you manage to get this.." 

she got angered and told 'I didn't rob money or cheated anyone. With my hardwork I have got this.' he recollected how kashiram once with trick took his measurements, how she used to stitch clothes but not wearing the clothes she have stitched.. shouted on her 'So you have worked for our house owners to buy this coat. Am I right?" 

She kept silent, he continued.."why are you deviating from your ambition? Do you know how will I feel that you are working hard to get a present for me. You will be going to school, working hard there, you also do household work and in addition you are doing part-time job. Why Bondita why? Why are you stressing your self? Did I ask you to do this? All these extra works will make you deviate from your studies, ambition. Your health will also be spoiled.”

Just then Kashiram, vishala came with sweets and kashiram scolded him after Bondita silently left with tears. "she is your wife. Will she not have responsibility, affection on you. I observed that you are shouting like anything. She has not deviated from studies, infact she is doing all these works along with her studies. She is not wasting money on unnecessary things like my daughter and started saving only for you. If a wife doesn't think of her husband, for whom she will think.  Anirudh babu, she is a growing girl. You are not supposed to shout on her like a kid. Grown up girls should be treated delicately. She used to shed tears whenever you go to court on cycle. Even she also feel sad when you are doing double jobs to meet the ends. Don't be harsh with your wife.”

Vishala  gave sweets and asked him to pacify his wife. He got ready, with new coat which Bondita got stitched. She sat dull( Muh phulake.) He thanked her for the precious gift. She asked 'do you like it' he said 'yes' and apologized for shouting on her. He caught hold of ears and tears rolled from eyes . She wiped his tears. He praised that coat is really nice. She felt happy. 

Next month, while Anirudh Bonditha are in market, they saw some mob gathering at a  place and went to see what happened. They saw mayhem going on and in that process a person is hit. When they both went near him, they are Somnath and Sampoorna with last trimester pregnancy , immediately Anirudh Bondita came running. They were surprised but quickly took him to near by hospital, got aid for his wounds. 

Sampoorna with tears told that he want me to join in hospital for delivery & he got an offer to work in hospital, as my father looted patients in Somnath hospital, took alcohol and fought with British officer, kept in jail, with much difficulty sasurji (Trilochan) got him released. when confronted they both stole my jewelry and ran away, Somnath name is spoiled in Tulsipur and nearby villages. He got job here, so we came, mayhem is going on and a British police is about to hit another person, it accidentally fell on Patibabu (Somnath)head. Bonditha assured that he will be fine . 

Just then Somnath gained consciousness, thanked Anirudh and felt guilty unable to face him, folded hands infront of Anirudh Bondita, about to touch feet, but stopped by them. 

When life has given another chance to both of us, instead of showing broad mindedness we became selfish.From ages, our’s is a joint family, always stayed united and because of my selfish reasons, we are separated. I have not seen how much you both have cried, I made you both feel as orphans in our own home. Being a doctor, I told a girl who have periods for the first time as inauspicious for my pregnant wife. Even I also supported blind beliefs. I am unforgivable..’Somnath bursted into the tears and sat on kneels, Anirudh consoled him and told that ‘If we want to forgive you, you both should come to our house without any other word.’

At the same time ruckus have started near by and they quickly left the place and reached home. 

They introduced Somnath Sampoorna to kashiram Vishala couple and took them to upside. Sampoorna bursted Into tears that due to me, you brothers have dispute, and you came here adjusting in a small house. They told that it is not like that, May be by next year due to my Career and Bonditha’s college education we may shift here, due to these disturbances we came early, Bonditha served food to all.

After a while, Sampoorna started feeling pain and moaned lightly as labor pains have started. At the same time, ruckus have spread in entire city against britishers. People are unable to go out. Somnath is hell worried about Sampoorna. Bonditha asked Anirudh what is going to happen.  He replied that baby will come after a while. She recollected her subject and in thoughts. 

Sampoorna started screaming, Bonditha asked Anirudh then why my sister is screaming,he asked Somnath to take her into bedroom. Just then Vishala came up listening to the screams offered them help. She asked Bonditha to get some more ladies in opposite house, hot water. 

Somnath and Vishala are with Sampoorna. Anirudh worried for sampoorna , also if this affects Bonditha. However Somnath asks her to stay outside. 2 more old women came for help but hesitated infront of Somnath, about to leave.

Anirudh, Somnath folded hands and told “we are like your sons. Will a Mother feel ashamed infront of sons. Please help us in this difficult situation ‘ 

She asked Anirudh 'why my sister is screaming, will it be painful.' he replied ' stomachache will come for sometime and gradually the pain will be reduced.we will Go and pray Durga maa to give strength to your sister' they did. 

She is worried and want to come inside. Somnath who saw this and requested her to get old clothes or sarees. She went on work. Anirudh felt relief that if Bonditha sees this delivery she may have lot of questions in mind.

Somnath wants to buy some injections, Anirudh told that he will get it from near by clinic and left. Bonditha gathered all the sarees , she saw Somnath pacifying Sampoorna ‘ Nothing will happen. Look into my eyes. Think about our happy moments. Your fear will become less.’ Sampoorna does the same by catching his hand, (women felt it ackward) and she endured the pain. 

After a while, Bonditha heard 2 babies crying. It’s a boy and a girl for Somnath.  Vishala took the babies to clean them, later neatly wrapped them in cloth. Somnath is extremely happy and Anirudh also expressed his happiness.

Bonditha sat beside Sampoorna and babies only. Anirudh just came with injections, heard the news and embraced Somnath in happiness. They all thanked Vishala and other women for the help.  Somnath called Tulsipur haveli and informed the news. He informed everything and told that they are in Anirudh’s house and with their help only, I, sampoorna  And my 2 kids are safe.

Trilochan cried deeply, went near Durga maa and apologized for his cruelty towards Anirudh and Bonditha . He announced his happiness to Bihari, koyli. Somnath again called and asked him to come to Kolkata only. They will do naming ceremony in Anirudh Bonditha presence for which Trilochan agreed. 

Bondita sat with Sampoorna and asked ‘Are you feeling much pain.’ Sampoorna replied ‘I am feeling better now. When my Patibabu caught my hand and assured nothing will happen, I gained courage and got strength to endure this pain. After seeing my children, my pain is vanished.’ 

Bonditha asked ‘How is the pain. Will it be more than pain that occur during menstrual cycle.’ Sampoorna replied ‘we should not see how much pain we are suffering. We should only see how much courage our loved ones are giving us. If my mother is present here also, I would not be courageous, but it is only because of my husband, I have endured this pain.’They smiled and Bonditha is in thoughts.

Sampoorna is recovered, Trilochan came after 4 days and they both took his blessings. He expressed his guilt for not understanding them, they asked him to go and see kids. 

In that night they gave their bedrooms to Trilochan, Somnath, sampoorna and both of them with bihari koyli slept in hall. Trilochan realized that they are living in separate rooms, he expressed his displeasure infront of Somnath. Latter adviced that we should not force anything on anybody. Relationships may affect. With much difficult we won their affection, and should not lose it. I have observed that they are concerned about eachother than before. If we leave them to their condition, they will come closer naturally. Somnath left to sleep and Trilochan is looking at them  

On naming ceremony day, Bonditha  decorated house with flowers, Anirudh called for pandit, kashiram couple with their children came as  guests  to attend function.

Ambika, Vishala , Bihari, koyli helped Bonditha in arrangements, Sampoorna returned Bonditha’s jewelry and told: ‘I have forcefully snatched your jewelry, god has punished me through my parents snatching my jewelry.’ But Bonditha made her to wear most of the ornaments and told that my real jewelry is my education, when sampoorna insisted and sweared on her, I will take some ornaments for your satisfaction. 

Trilochan  made a call to Binoy and asked him to attend function. Binoy is in tension , thinking how to inform this thing to my family members. Naming ceremony is started and Somnath, Sampoorna asked Anirudh Bondita to name kids. At first they rejected but everyone insisted. They kept names as Satish, Saswati. All are happy and blessed the kids.

coderlady thumbnail

Bondita is facing all the obstacles in her path to education.