Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Bondita and Tapur played their roles well too by asking the women for information.

coderlady thumbnail

They have managed to convince the villagers to take action. First step has been put into place.

mprvn36 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Part 33: Fierce Avatar of Mr. & Mrs. Barrister babu.

Henchmen family members have gathered at the gate of Bhano building demanding their men to come out.  Jogi mother and sister also included in them. Anirudh and Bondita are standing beside them with papers and special officers at their back. 

At first they provoked the mob to show their power, not to give up at any cost. Some other villagers are also standing near by lane waiting for their chance. 

Bhano came out and roared like a lion, he shouted on his henchmen to throw back their family members else he will kill all of them. 

His men came out and started convincing and some are commanding their families to go away, but they rebuked on their men to leave this gundagiri and come back. His power is only you guys. If you leave him, he cant threaten us or anyone any more. If you keep on continuing to work under him, one day he will either harm you or us. Do you know that our temple Durga maa is also angry on him and as well as you. (Bhano and his henchmen are shocked to learn this). 

A pregnant woman is literally shouting on top of her lungs as she is scared of her and her unborn child future. Her husband is requesting ( because she is pregnant), trying to control her in low voice (which is irritating Bhano to the core that why his Gunda is requesting instead of dragging her away)on her to keep quiet, but to everyone surprise, his mother defended her bahu for the first time in life. Because they are famous for street fights among themselves and didn't give peace of mind to him till that day. Their arguments are reaching peak and mother slapped her son and ordered him to listen to her bahu ,else she won't spare him, will give up her life. 

Anirudh had a proud smile in his face for his dear wife and Tapur that they have counseled all the women more than he expected by solving their personal difference of opinions in this short span. 

Bhano is losing patience to see this unity among themselves and revolt against him, he had got scared if his dictatorship comes to an end soon but immediately his ego has overtaken his fear. Anirudh is observing his gestures and started coming forward with a stick in his hand because his intuition is warning him that he may do something to harm the pregnant woman or anyone. 

Wife also threatened that she will not leave the place, do satyagrah and don't take food and water unless he leaves gundagiri. She want her child to be proud of her father but not ashamed of him .

Though her husband raised voice Bhano screamed on top of his lungs using abusive language and rushed with an axe in near by bushes towards her. Anirudh immediately came to her rescue and when Bhano is raising his axe, Anirudh punched him in his stomach with a great force and he had fallen on heap of coconuts. 

He roared like a lion : How dare you to hit a pregnant woman who is no less than a goddess. Are you not born from a mother's womb and started hitting him badly with stick. 

When 2-3 gundas are about to revert,& raised sticks he hardly controlled but when one person is about to attack from back, Bondita came in his rescue and hit him hardly. Everyone are astonished to see a woman courageously attacking a vastad. She too shouted  "Now did you all realise your masculinity and coming in his rescue. Were you sleeping when he is harming a woman? Shame on you. Is this the way you disdain your mother, sister, wife and daughter. Chi.."

Anirudh didn't stop held the collar of her husband and shouted " Are you a man? Even a dog will rebuke on his fellow dog who comes near to their dear one 

And you idiot, despite of having muscles can't you rescue your wife and mother. Why the bloody hell do you have muscles, to show your attitude and male ego to woman and insult womanhood and motherhood. "

One villager recognised him if he is from Tulsipur Roy Chowdhary family. Before he answers,  The youngsters whom he got released from jail made an entry and told that : Yes, he is Barrister babu Anirudh Roy Chowdhary, who got us released from jail. He is no less than a god to us.

Everyone are amazed and happy to see them and their parents came and folded hands infront of them.  Bhano who is bleeding stood hardly and shocked to know his identity and felt that he is getting trapped. 

Anirudh shouted : It is not needed. All I need is you should stay united and come out of the clutches of this demon. Fight against him.  Are you not brave enough to make your living and defend yourself. If you have taken debts that doesn't mean that you will work as slaves towards him. I will fight against him and get rid of your debts. Will you support me? If so come and stay at my back. 

Bhano is roaring in villagers, his henchmen that will you all go against me and stand beside him. I will see your end. .who knows tomorrow he too will be a monster like me and catch every woman pallu 

This raised fear in them but Bondita immediately came forward and kept her hand on her husband's shoulder and shouted :  you all need not be scared of my husband. My husband Anirudh Roy Chowdhary will respect every woman as Goddess and never abused any woman in his life. I am proud of my husband. He worships every woman. I can proudly say it . He will have love and passion one and only woman,  that is me, remaining all the women are no less than godesses and mothers to him 

Shomik and Rimjhim too reached there and gave their voice in favour of Anirudh, urged everyone to believe him that he is here only to solve all our problems, he is fighting for us. 

Rimjhim with a little bit of hesitation in her voice but gathered courage when Bondita on one side and Shomik on other side kept their hands on her shoulders to give her support. She announced firmly that 'my son in law knows what happened to me but still he respects me equal to his mother. Today he stood as my son to fight against his mother's convict. 

He will make sky and earth equal and fight for us. Believe him and leave this devil's shadow. '  (pregnant woman husband started melting after what Rimjhim told and tears started flowing in his eyes)

Jogi, his mother and sister stood besides Anirudh. Pregnant lady and her saas came beside him and demanded their man to come towards them.  His mother forcedly asked ' Will you still not react  even after he tried to harm your wife? Now I am ashamed of you my son, no doubt one day he will even hold my saree and pull me into be..d.. even then you stand at his back.' She turned her face away.

Her son closed his eyes with guilt, shouted to stop and he who stood beside Bhano till then started moving towards Anirudh. Bhano immediately stopped and asked 'Are you going to backstab me? I always gave you liquor, good food . Now you are going back to catch your wife pallu. Don't you have courage to keep 2 women mouths shut?'  to which his man replied 'Yes I don't have courage Malik, ( now he raised his voice & shouted) else I should have taken the life of person who raised hand on my wife.'

With all the strength he slapped Bhano and stood beside Anirudh. This gave encouragement to other henchmen and most of them stood beside him except 4-5 persons. 

Bhano shouted that ' you all have given stamp of your thumbs on empty white papers. Did u all forget it? I have written on stamp papers that you all will be my slaves till your last breathe.'

Anirudh: You scoundrel, your promissory note doesn't stand in favour of you because slavery is prohibited long back ago in 1843. You can't make anyone as your slaves. In fact I can make you get arrested on this slavery act. 

Still few of them are scared to leave him as they are addicted to the cheap alcohol supplied by Bhano. Anirudh knew that some of them still remain stubborn or too hesitant for a change or revolution, he  sternly told remaining persons:" Listen you might be addicted to cheap alcohol. But let me tell you that I got  arrested the person who is selling cheap alcohol today only. So I have also made sure that no one prepares cheap alcohol which is unhygienic and harmful for health. 

If you keep on continuing your gundagiri, let me make you clear that no one in surrounding villages and from distant places  will sell provisions to Bhano no one will come and work for him as maid, cook, butler, barber and give any kind of services. No one will even supply water for him. No one will offer a single morsel even if he beg.  He is not even allowed to go near any trees for sanitation purpose. I have made his posters in this entire Bangal with the help of higher officials that no one will provide any kind of service or support. He is prohibited to even work as labour. His rupee notes are almost equal to waste papers.  Even if he is struggling for life on center of road nobody will come to his rescue. If he dies he will be dragged by garbage collection van and his corpse will be ignited with trash. So are you ready to die with him as an orphan?"

This scared remaining to the worst and everyone left Bhano and stood beside Anirudh.  They all scared and told that 'when we don't get basic needs what is the point of doing gundagiri. We don't want it zamindar babu. We will obey your commands.'

Anirudh ordered youngsters to bring back the crops sacks outside, village head Devnath ji will come and distribute the sacks under his supervision to villagers as per their share.  Bhano is literally shouting, but nobody are least bothering him. 

He immediately ran and grabbed pallu of Nirmala, Jogi sister and kept an axe on her throat and threatened them. He ordered everyone to move away else he will spoil her life. Bondita gestured her, she gathered strength and took one small packet near her waist and thrown pepper powder and chilli powder on his face. 

Bondita came to her rescue, hitting him with another stick and encouraging her that don't let him touch you Nirmala. You are not a weak person, remember Durga maa and gain strength. You can do it.  Nirmala had thrown him on the floor and kicked him in his stomach. He got hurt and trying to catch both of the women.  Anirudh also shouted while running for her rescue on all that why are you standing like statues go and rescue her. 

Finally everyone have hit him with sticks and the husband of pregnant woman took the axe and tried to stab him, but Anirudh stopped him immediately and told that he should be surrendered to law .

Henchmen raised doubt that we don't believe in law police officers will leave him, he will be released and back in our lives. 

Anirudh assured that nothing of that will be going to happen. I have already filed a case against his puppets. Loyal police officers are going to take charge here from tomorrow onwards. Remember that law and order is to be maintained to have a disciplined life and disciplined society. You need to stand against injustice but don't take law and order into your hands, surrender them to law. 

He shouted police officers and journalists who had witnessed everything till now and got him arrested. Bhano is shouting to leave him, but it's of no use. 

Meanwhile Bhatuk Tapur and Village head Devnath with special officers had attacked some of his illegal activities of cheap liquor shops, godowns, food adulteration godowns and arrested his workers. They too gave their confessions. 

Finally they all reached Bhano bungalow. 

Special officer came and slapped Bhano and informed Anirudh that "we gathered all the illegal guns, weapons and different kinds of harmful cheap liquor, illegal goods from his store room and all godowns . We also recorded his truth and villagers confession in video camera. So he will not escape now. He is finished."

Jogi and other henchmen has given applause to Anirudh and Bondita that they are like Shiv Parvati who had equally killed the demon of Krishnanagar. They all bent on their knees and folded hands. 

Anirudh told that 'I don't want you to bend infront of me or not infront of anyone. If you are really feeling gratitude towards my favour I want 3 major promises from you all. Will you do it?'

Mob: yes barrister babu, we are ready to do anything.

Anirudh : First, I want you all to get educated irrespective of age and gender. I spoke with govt officials to open a school in Krishnanagar and there will be evening school for elders after their day work. Will you all get educated?

Mob were whispering among themselves and one old man  raised voice 'Barrister babu, in this age study means....' he is gulping hard.

Anirudh: So what kaka, education is a divine thing. Why are you all feeling that getting educated is a bad custom ( kupratha). Doing child marriage, making child widow perform sati rituals are bad customs (kuprathas). Don't you know that the Goddess of education is Saraswati maata.  Have you read in any holy scriptures that being educated is a sinful act. Tell me 

Mob nodded as no. 

Anirudh: then why are you hesitating to get educated. Till 6 years Bhano had taken advantage. If you remain as illiterates tomorrow anyone will take advantage of your illiteracy.  If you get educated you will get to know what is happening in society, you can understand who are cheaters and what exactly is law and order, how to utilise your rights as citizens. Do you know how I brought your guys outside from jail?

They shook their head as no. He explained that he used habeous corpus petition in court stating that SI, CI and SP are corrupted, I have consulted journalists to come to this village. All my attempts can also be done by you if you are educated. You will not give thumb prints on any empty  white papers. Don't you want to now your privileges and responsibilities as a citizen? 

Now I am commanding you that you all will promise me that everyone of you will get educated and make sure that you all will respect women and never I'll treat or abuse any woman in your life. I hope you all remember that what Durga maa had sent a message to entire village. 

He gestured Devnath and Jogi not to reveal that they are behind the message of Durga maa. They too silently nodded and kept quiet obeying him.  

They all promised that they and their children will get educated.

He also asked them as second promise to stop getting child marriages and get married to their children especially daughters once they are more than 16 years. They agreed and made promise. 

He also asked final promise that stop conducting sati ritual because there are laws against sati sahagamanam. Also the police officers who are going to take charge from tomorrow will follow law and order strictly, they will not allow any kind of superstitious beliefs practised here. If possible they will go out of law to stop these blind customs. So before that you all should promise me that you won't harm any girl or woman to become sati and also don't make her life hell as widow. This is the final promise I want.  Will you give me? 

Many of them have promised but some elders still   hesitant and accused that you are making us to break customs. Anirudh replied that these are not customs but superstitious beliefs. No one have right to take a woman's life on the name of superstitious beliefs. Women have the right to live their life till their last breath. If you forcefully keep any alive person on the pyre it is equal to murder. 

The village head and youngsters gave promise that they will make sure that no superstitious beliefs are followed in Krishnanagar and ensure that we all get educated and gain knowledge irrespective of age and gender.  Devnath especially told 'I as a village head promise you that I will make sure that girls get married after 16 years of age with respect to their interest.'

Anirudh and Bondita felt highly satisfied and left to Shomik home. Next day Bhano and all the criminals involved are presented in court and  Anirudh shown his excellent barristry skills and made them arrested for life sentence. Rimjhim also gave her confession in court privately to judge. 

They spent 2 days with Shomik Rimjhim to make them cherish with happiness . Anirudh asked them to travel for any distant places to forget the painful incident. Rimjhim felt embarrassed to go for outside places along with her husband in this age. But Anirudh counseled them that it is not to feel shameful you both are husband and wife and that relationship will grow stronger with increasing age. There is no need to be embarrassed infront of their children. Shomik assured that we shall consider about it as soon as possible. 

After 2 days, Anirudh Bondita, Bhatuk Tapur are placing their bags in jeep. All the women came and adorned Bondita and Tapur with sarees and suhagan items showing their gratitude for their favour. They apologized Bondita for ill treating her many years ago for using ladies bathing pool in her menses time. They told that they are proud of her and they all will get educated and lead their life courageously realising their worth which is the best way to  pay back her gratitude. Bondita and Anirudh are happy listening to this. 

Anirudh assigned a secret task to Krishnanagar youngsters and village head to write telegram or make a phone call to Bangal Khabar office or his personal number Whenever there is a problem arises in Krishnanagar as well as in surrounding villages so that he shall try his level best to solve the problem or guide them in solving the problem. They all thanked him.

Shomik Rimjhim happily bid farewell to their daughters and son in laws. They reached Calcutta happily. 

coderlady thumbnail

A mother supported her daughter in law over her son. The women did accomplish a lot.

coderlady thumbnail

Bhano attacked a pregnant woman. That should show these people what he is.

coderlady thumbnail

Bhano had such a hold on these people and ruled with fear for too long.

coderlady thumbnail

Bhano even threatened Nirmala but she turned the tables on him.

coderlady thumbnail

People were right to fear that Bhano might get released and come back to terrorize them.

coderlady thumbnail

Its hard to break away from age old customs. But at least they got a start.

coderlady thumbnail

The power couple left the villagers so much better off. Great work.