Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HearMeRoar thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2782900

4.8 cases of myocarditis per million patients who had both doses of Covid vaccine is much, much lower than the lowest average case fatality rate of 0.11% (Bhutan).

See, you're never going to find a vaccine/treatment with no side effects if that's what you're waiting for. Even an Ibuprofen can have potential side effects of kidney failure, requiring dialysis. An epidural during labor can leave you paralyzed or give you meningitis/encephalitis. A simple blood test can cause sepsis, endocarditis, etc. Only thing you can do is consider the risk vs. benefit ratio. And that is very much in favor of vaccination to prevent Covid-19

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
idonkno thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The real numbers are available on reporting websites like VAERS, EduraVigilance and MHRA yellow card reporting. They are one filing and storing these data. Those number are significant too.

I'll go through the research paper you have shared. Thank you. 

I know there is a downside with most medical treatments. I am against the censorship which comes to talking about the other side of the coin. I am for informed consent. And, I am against discriminating among people for choices wrt to their health. 

Edited by idonkno - 2 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: idonkno

The real numbers are available on reporting websites like VAERS, EduraVigilance and MHRA yellow card reporting. They are one filing and storing these data. Those number are significant too.

I'll go through the research paper you have shared. Thank you. 

I know there is a downside with most medical treatments. I am against the censorship which comes to talking about the other side of the coin. I am for informed consent. And, I am against discriminating among people for choices wrt to their health. 

I'm against mandates, actually.  Also against censorship and spinning. My politics tend libertarian, so I believe people should be allowed to be less than wise as long as they are not hurting anyone else.

But vaccines are very much needed to save lives in this pandemic. It's the truth, and I have to keep saying it. Besides the fact I work in healthcare, I have had personal losses from this virus, and I feel like I owe it to them.

Softness thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Besides the fact I work in healthcare, I have had personal losses from this virus, and I feel like I owe it to them.

🥺

idonkno thumbnail

I am sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and healing your way. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Who cares, tum lagao ya naa lagao.

Mera toh yeh kehna hain jo lagaega lagaao, jo nahi lagaega, naa lagao, lekin jab tum bimaar ho jao, kisi ko blame maat karo bosdi walo.

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

There has been zero deaths in Delhi for eight days straight and zero deaths in Mumbai for the first time since the pandemic began. Two cities with some of the highest fatality rates and worst affected due to Covid. And this has only been possible due to the vaccines and not 'natural immunity'. 

My body my choice when it comes to getting vaccinated for something like covid is a selfish choice that makes you nothing but an A-grade a-hole. Please stay locked inside your house if you want to exercise your choice. The vaccine is not just for you but people around you too. If these anti vax idiots would scream 'my body my choice' when their parents were giving polio vaccine and other vaccines as a kid, they probably would not be living a happy life today displaying their dumbassery.

And Pooja Bedi is not just anti vax but anti masker as well. Still remember how in peak Covid she and her partner were all over Goa without mask making others vulnerable to the virus.

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I'm against mandates, actually.  Also against censorship and spinning. My politics tend libertarian, so I believe people should be allowed to be less than wise as long as they are not hurting anyone else.

But vaccines are very much needed to save lives in this pandemic. It's the truth, and I have to keep saying it. Besides the fact I work in healthcare, I have had personal losses from this virus, and I feel like I owe it to them.

Thank you for saying this! 🙏 It stings to see people being careless towards the vaccine when you've suffered personal losses due to the virus. I think I'm beyond my threshold now to even have a proper conversation with anti vaxxers. 

idonkno thumbnail

https://openvaers.com/covid-data/myo-pericarditis

I have shared the link to the numbers because we were discussing about it. Give it a look if you wish. UK and Europe's are not included in this one. 

I don't have a similar experience as yours but I do have one that is completely opposite to yours. I am just looking for answers from a different place and mindset. Though our common point is that we both are against mandates.

Eventually, there's no right or wrong when either ways health and life of our near and dear one's are stake. 

Thank you for getting into a healthy discussion and not getting down to name calling. I respect your opinion and admire your strength to graciously fight for what you believe in :) 

Edited by idonkno - 2 years ago
Festival thumbnail

I hope you are doing good now, Pooja. Get vaccination if you can. I have heard that the next Covid variants are going to be deadlier and more inectious.