Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: idonkno

More power to her. Well, she knows what's best for her and her body. She is making an informed choice. Vaccine take 10 years to develope and a robust clinical trial wherein its safety and efficacy is established and then it is approved for market. 

There isn't an approved till date. They are only authorized for emergency use (EUA). So, no one can comment on its safety, efficacy and long term effects. 

Now, we know vaccine doesn't stop transmission otherwise why would people be covid positive after it. In fact a lot of countries are facing a surge after high vaccination rates. 

Lot's of papers are now published which say natural immunity is far superior than vaccine induced. We are not dealing only with antibodies here but also there are B cells and T cells (memory cells) which protect the body against infection. 

There's tonnes of information out there and several. doctors and scientists are also speaking about. You just have to look a little harder because mainstream media isn't talking about it. 

Biotechnologist here so aware of both the sides of equation. 

mRNA technology is not new. Just saying. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I have been where you were and eventually my curiousity led to these data which can't be ignored. 

I have been through the opposite journey. For decades I refused the flu vaccine because I was convinced that "natural immunity" (for lack of knowledge back then) was better. And in some cases, infection-induced immunity is better. But now that I better understand vaccination and immunity, not just at the individual level but at a larger community level - I was wrong and put myself and others at risk. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

The woke crowd’s slogan pre 2020 was My body My choice

And they were the anti-vaxxers back then.... All the 19th century diseases were making a comeback, from  measles, chicken pox to whooping cough...

People from third world who never had these diseases were getting it after reaching the USA

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

So there we have another illiterate person who claims to be careful with what they put in their body.. refuses to take the vaccine, but will go smoke weed every evening. Sorry, not sorry.

Cassiefinora thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

More power to her. Well, she knows what's best for her and her body. She is making an informed choice. Vaccine take 10 years to develope and a robust clinical trial wherein its safety and efficacy is established and then it is approved for market. 

There isn't an approved till date. They are only authorized for emergency use (EUA). So, no one can comment on its safety, efficacy and long term effects. 

Now, we know vaccine doesn't stop transmission otherwise why would people be covid positive after it. In fact a lot of countries are facing a surge after high vaccination rates. 

Lot's of papers are now published which say natural immunity is far superior than vaccine induced. We are not dealing only with antibodies here but also there are B cells and T cells (memory cells) which protect the body against infection. 

There's tonnes of information out there and several. doctors and scientists are also speaking about. You just have to look a little harder because mainstream media isn't talking about it. 

I respect your opinion but I am choosing to disagree.

The priority for short term must have been reducing the severity and death while inventing vaccine.Hypothetically speaking,if we had been  waiting for the vaccines to prove it's good and bad effects,many people would have lost life due to lack of immunity.Being alive is the most important goal for the time being.

I am not a microbiologist or do not work in healthcare.After observing the spread of covid for the past 1.5 years,I think that being affected by covid does not increase one's immunity but cause many unprecedented health issues to the patient.Many organs get weak and post covid complications is a reality.Even children who show mild to no symptoms of covid develop MISC 2-3 months post covid infection.Diseases like chickenpox or measles strengthen our immune system and do not pose threat to other organs after recovery.So,covid scenario is completely new for the Scientific World.I may be wrong and cannot prove my observations.

I still believe that vaccine and proper masking(surgical inside+cloth mask outside or N95 without valve alone ) together will protect upto the maximum limit.Masks alone and vaccines alone will not protect us completely.

Edited by Cassiefinora - 2 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

So there we have another illiterate person who claims to be careful with what they put in their body.. refuses to take the vaccine, but will go smoke weed every evening. Sorry, not sorry.

I am sorry, this is a bit problematic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with smoking weed daily. Weed is completely natural, non-habit-forming, and relatively non-toxic to the body. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Covid will happen regardless but it won't get critical in 90% of cases..see how the critical cases have dropped post vaccination..it is not fatal for those after vaccination..saudi arabia has dropped to 40 cases per day after getting entire population vaccinated..fatal cases are almost 0

please talk with facts..you will still get covid but after 2 doses of vac you will escape it like a normal cold and flu (in 90% cases) 

if the world is starting to get normal..it is only coz of vaccination

we all need to act responsibly and talk with facts

i have witnessed people getting covid after 2 doses and not feeling anything..and i have seen people dying earlier close to me when there were no vaccination

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I am sorry, this is a bit problematic. There is absolutely nothing wrong with smoking weed daily. Weed is completely natural, non-habit-forming, and relatively non-toxic to the body. 

Uhm no it isn't. I am from Amsterdam so I am not even going to get into a debate about this. Marijuana can lead to problem use and it is associated with dependence. Now I am not going to call it wrong or right.. as that depends on your perspective.

waitforit1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow, the amount of misinformation being spread both by her and on this thread is so worrisome. 

“People still get Covid after vaccine”- well, yes! When was it ever claimed that you won’t get it at all post vaccine? Never! It was always clear from the very beginning that the vaccine reduces the severity of the illness significantly, and if you know anything about what COVID is capable of doing to your lungs and body in the long-term even after recovery, you should be thanking your bloody stars that such a solution exists and was invented so early into the course of the disease.
As a doctor who has worked in ICU over the last 1.5 years dealing day in and day out with COVID, I have seen first hand what a big difference vaccination has made in the recovery of Covid patients in this wave post vaccination. It makes me so so livid to see such misinformation being spread,

“natural immunity”. Wow, to even suggest that vaccines add something “unnatural” to your body shows the research that one really needs to put into this before spreading such information around. Vaccines simply train your immune system to maximise their response to when your body encounters that particular illness, there is nothing unnatural about it.  RTH has already explained this so well, so I won’t get into it. 

Really didn’t want to get into this debate but having seen the worst side of COVID since this began and then the impact vaccination has had, I get furious seeing the spread of such misinformation.  I totally respect your right to decide for yourself what you want to put into your body, it’s totally your choice, but please please please, I wish people would stop spreading nonsense without adequate research. Especially people such as Pooja with an influence on SM, or people who claim to be related to the healthcare field. Do proper research, people. Please. 

Edited by waitforit1 - 2 years ago
HearMeRoar thumbnail

Immunity can be 2 kinds - 

(and these are official CDC classifications)

PASSIVE - when antibodies are introduced (through mother or through antibody injections)

ACTIVE - with body producing antibodies in response to antigen.

Under this comes, NATURAL, from infection, and VACCINE-MEDIATED, from vaccines.

Covid-19 is still new, so much is unknown, but natural immunity does seem to be better IF YOU SURVIVE IT with no complications which last life-long. 

Mortality rate from Covid-19 hovers between 1 and 2% while complications from the various vaccines are a handful in a MILLION. The risk vs. benefit ratio favors taking any vaccine by a huge margin.

And those who claim vaccinated people can still get measles, mumps, etc., please compare the numbers of cases between vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. Yes, a certain %ge of vaccinated kids can still get infected, but the numbers show vaccines are highly effective and have very, very few potential complications in the otherwise healthy. Considering measles (and other diseases) can kill and maim, why wouldn't you want to prevent them (as is possible now with few potential complications from the method of prevention)?

______

I work in healthcare, too. Respecting the intelligence of patients goes a long way toward coaxing them into taking the appropriate step, IMO. Not coercion, not spinning facts to present them in a palatable way. And certainly not God complex on part of the medical community which has somehow worsened over the last 1.5 years even in the face of abject helplessness against an organism which is not even a complete cell. 

We need to present the facts honestly to patients - the numbers, the chances they will be taking with their lives and with the lives of others. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago