Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

Uhm no it isn't. I am from Amsterdam so I am not even going to get into a debate about this. Marijuana can lead to problem use and it is associated with dependence. Now I am not going to call it wrong or right.. as that depends on your perspective.

What does you being in Amsterdam prove? Amsterdam is not the only place where it is legal. And living somewhere where it is legal does nothing to qualify you on the effects of marijuana.

I am a consumer of THC products and know many people who consume THC products and can testify to the fact that it does not always lead to dependence or abuse. It is less addictive than nicotine or opioids. It is less harmful to the body than alcohol or nicotine. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Immunity can be 2 kinds - 

(and these are official CDC classifications)

PASSIVE - when antibodies are introduced (through mother or through antibody injections)

ACTIVE - with body producing antibodies in response to antigen.

Under this comes, NATURAL, from infection, and VACCINE-MEDIATED, from vaccines.

Covid-19 is still new, so much is unknown, but natural immunity does seem to be better IF YOU SURVIVE IT with no complications which last life-long. 

Mortality rate from Covid-19 hovers between 1 and 2% while complications from the various vaccines are a handful in a MILLION. The risk vs. benefit ratio favors taking any vaccine by a huge margin.

And those who claim vaccinated people can still get measles, mumps, etc., please compare the numbers of cases between vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. Yes, a certain %ge of vaccinated kids can still get infected, but the numbers show vaccines are highly effective and have very, very few potential complications in the otherwise healthy. Considering measles (and other diseases) can kill and maim, why wouldn't you want to prevent them (as is possible now with few potential complications from the method of prevention)?

______

I work in healthcare, too. Respecting the intelligence of patients goes a long way toward coaxing them into taking the appropriate step, IMO. Not coercion, not spinning facts to present them in a palatable way. Just honesty.

I think my post is the only one  here that mentioned measles and mumps so hope it's not directed towards me... If it is then that's not what I said 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

I think my post is the only one  here that mentioned measles and mumps so hope it's not directed towards me... If it is then that's not what I said 

OK, I apologize. I thought that was what you meant. There are college-educated moms in the U.S. who won't vaccinate their kids! I get a migraine talking to some of my friends. 

TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: idonkno

Well, I am saying that because immunity developed from natural infection isn't build in a day or specific in nature. It is over the years that these memory cells work to fight off an infection ina body. So, memory cells developed after an interaction with common cold virus are fully equipped to deal with other infection including covid. 

Coming to vaccine induced immunity. It puts the immune system in hyperactive state because it is injected in the body and thus have skipped the first line of defense for the body to fight it off. That hyperactive state is called Antibody dependent enhancement or cytokine storm. Now, it could lead to serious issues where your body is becoming your own enemy - autoimmune diseases. 

Plus, the problem with Cvax is the sequence of spike protein that has been chosen to being delivered via adeno vector or mrna. Reports, statement and scientific literature are coming up doubting its interaction in-vivo. A few have even claimed it to be toxic to body. 

Like I said there's a lot of nuisance involved. We should not focus on learning about just one side of the coin. 

I have been where you were and eventually my curiousity led to these data which can't be ignored. 

Rest I won't go in much detail here because this isn't a science discussion board. If any one if interested we can talk one on one. 

Bold - Is that why there's an explosion of autism and auto immune diseases these days

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Bold - Is that why there's an explosion of autism and auto immune diseases these days

The autism-vaccine theory has already been disproven over and over. 

Problem with saying there has been an explosion of autoimmune diseases is that there was no solid concept of any of these only a 100-some years ago. 

Archeological study actually shows evidence of auto immune disease even in ancient Egypt and ancient Greece. They just didn't realize it as that.

Let's say it is. Let's put the numbers side-by-side and compare. What are the chances of a complication as opposed to debilitating but preventable illness?

It's like cooking food. Yeah, there is a chance the house will catch on fire, but do you still do it because it is necessary?

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

I was talking about how quickly things change... pre 2020 liberals were the anti vaxxers... Cz of them not vaccinating their kids, old diseases like measles, mumps, chicken pox which were thought to be extinct made a came back in America

Now it's said that conservatives oppose vaccine mandate and woke crowd is in the opposite camp

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I was talking about how quickly things change... pre 2020 liberals were the anti vaxxers... Cz of them not vaccinating their kids, old diseases like measles, mumps, chicken pox which were thought to be extinct made a came back in America

Now it's said that conservatives oppose vaccine mandate and woke crowd is in the opposite camp

Actually, there is a large chunk of minorities in the U.S. who won't get vaccinated. Historical reasons... medical experiments, etc... but it is not completely the conservative crowd as is put about by the media.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

No they weren't.  Anti-Vaxxers then were a fringe group of extremists at the left and right ends..  Liberals on the whole though are more pro mandatory vaccine and it not being a parent's choice than moderates as well as conservative.

https://theconversation.com/anti-vaccination-beliefs-dont-follow-the-usual-political-polarization-81001

What I found is that the more political someone is, the more likely he or she is to believe that vaccines are unsafe. Those who are “very conservative” are one-and-a-half times more likely to believe this than moderates.

Yet, the same is true for those on the left: compared to moderates, those who are very liberal are also one-and-a-half times more likely to believe vaccines are unsafe. It seems that it does not matter what your politics are, the more partisan, the more likely you believe vaccines are harmful.

When we look at whether people think that vaccination should be mandatory or a parent’s choice, a different story emerges.

Now it is only the very conservative who are more likely to think that it should not be mandatory: they are twice as likely as moderates to think that it should be a parent’s choice. Liberals are now more likely to think vaccination should be required: Compared to moderates, liberals are 43.5 percent less likely to think it should be a parent’s choice and those who are very liberal are 14.2 percent less likely.

What explains this divergence? First we have to realize that there is a difference in the overall number of Americans who believe that vaccinations are unsafe versus the number who believe it should be a parent’s choice. The Pew surveys indicate that 8 percent of the U.S. population think that vaccines are unsafe, while 28.2 percent think it should be a parent’s choice.

idonkno thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Aren't you seeing that as time passes there are a few "rare" cases being reported? Pericarditis and Myocarditis among teens are now a labelled side-effect and few places have already given up on Az, JnJ, Moderna. Actually, the numbers are there and they aren't as rare as they were thought to be. 

I don't trust the efficacy and safety of the rushed vaccine. There is a reason why only a handful candidates get into market and that takes years. And, there isn't a lack of pharmaceutical products that have been recalled because of long term side effects. 

Eventually, you do realise you are putting chemicals in your body. The ingredient list mentions them clearly. There is no guarantee how your body is going to react to it. 

Reports on Vaers, EduraVigilance and MHRA yellow card aren't a lie. Those numbers are significant too. Most of the people against this are observing these numbers and forming an opinion based on those. Why aren't these injuries and deaths being advertised on mainstream media like the deaths from covid? Don't these lives matter too? 

Always better to make an informed choice. And if vaccination doesn't stop transmission then we should not blame the unvaccinated. Because, both of them are carriers irrespective whether symptomatic or asymptomatic. 

If it does reduce the severity its then good for the vaccinated that they made this decision and worst for the unvaccinated because their own decision made them miss out on the benefits of this wonderful product. 

Edited by idonkno - 2 years ago
idonkno thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

The list of people who don't believe in this current treatment doesn't just include people with no understanding of science.

In fact the most loud voices are from Dr Mike Yeadon (ex- scientific researcher and Vice President, Pfizer), Dr. Robert Malone (virologist and immunologist with focus on mRNA technology, pharmaceuticals, and drug repurposing research), Dr.Peter McCullough (cardiologist and epidemiologist),  Professor Luc A Montagnier (won a Nobel prize for his work on the HIV virus),  Dr. Jane Ruby (health economist and drug development expert) Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi ( Thai-German microbiologist) etc etc. The list is pretty long. 

I am a no-show on this forum but just logged in because the comments on this thread were disheartening to read. I always tell my friends that make an informed decision (that they are conseting to an unapproved product which is under emergency authoroization) and I don't pester them or call them a fool or other names and wish them suffering just because their opinion differs from mine. The good or bad coming out of that decision is yours and yours to bear. It won't matter to anyone else. Not me, not to others, not the govt or the pharma industry. 

My relatives and friends are vaccinated too. And, we simply wish each other good health irrespective of our decision. We know a healthy and balanced terrain is the need of the hour (I have told everyone to brush up their knowledge on terrain theory so they don't let fear rule their lives). The end point is everyone knows what is best for them. 

Edited by idonkno - 2 years ago