Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sarcy thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

- The variety in users and the ability to discuss pretty much every itv show out there. 

- The updating of the site to make it user-friendly.

- The ability to meet and connect with like-minded people. 

Dislikes:

- Auto-locking of threads if they're inactive for a certain number of days

- Inability to delete one's own posts and topics

(Both the above points make it difficult for writers to delete their works in case they no longer want to share it with readers.)

Suggestion:

- Given that the number of PMs you can send at once and the number of people you can tag on a post are both limited, can we have a subscription system or something where a writer can send notifications to all readers of a particular thread when a new chapter to a story is posted? This way, the writer doesn't have to spam posts for tagging people and nor spend time sending a ton of PMs but the readers are all still informed of a new update.

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Things I like about IF:

1. It provides a safe environment where we get to interact with so many different people.
  2. I like to read analysis done by other members on real-life issues as well as fictional characters.
  3. It has separate forums dedicated to FanFictions and Graphics and honestly, I started to appreciate art more after joining IF.

Things I dislike about IF:

1. There are rules placed in ATs and EDTs to minimize personal attacks but I think the rule of "No comparison" is overrated. In general when you discuss, you are bound to give examples to elaborate your point. So occasionally one can mention another show or character while discussing a recent show. 
  2. The threads get locked after 3 months and it's specially difficult if one is writing a story but then takes a leave for sometime. 
  3. There's no delete option for users.
  4. Currently the criteria for uploading a DP is 100x100 pixel but it's too small. 
  5. These days there's too many adds and it gets more difficult with mobile when we are browsing.
Edited by Nush_Rat - 2 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

This is a serious offense, and we have to pay attention to curtail this immediately. 

Vijay, please, requesting you to look into this matter. 

Kindly do not take my comments in an offensive manner. I remember once writing messages to global mods and Vijay and they made writer to edit/remove certain pictures from an article. I can definitely share some more such articles. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Like- 

1. Interaction with forum members

2. Posting new topics

3. Like button has many reaction options

Dislike

1. Don't know how to post photos, gifs. Posting photos and gifs should be made easier.

2. Don't know how to post Twitter links. 

3. Tutorials are very few to nonexistent. There should be proper tutorials for posting gifs, photos, signature, Twitter links etc.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

-interaction with members 

-discussion of episodes/topics from different perspectives

-user interface is decent though there are certain things that can be improved but good to see feedback taken into consideration

dislike

-tagging 5 users (sorta feels restrictive if there is something i want to deliver to more than 5 members, then have to make a separate post for tagging more members)

Edited by Myrah_2020 - 2 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

What I like - the new tagging feature, and tbe fact that we can come here and give feedback. And the news updates have vastly improved from 2013 - when I joined IF. 

What I don't like - I see random pop ups of video suggestions of videos on IF (IVs etc) - it's very distracting. I'd like that to be changed 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

No site would like to upset its writers, but there must be some good reasons behind it. 

some restrictions like not allowed to put graphical description of sexual acts.

I think this should be outlined clearly. What is allowed and what is not allowed. Like we know mention of specific body parts is not allowed. This is clear. But can things be said euphemistically? What does graphic description mean exactly? For authors who want to adhere to the rules and not get unnecessary warnings this is a hurdle as they tend to censor content that may even be acceptable and thereby curtail their creative freedom and place restrictions on their story-telling. I have been writing here for a while and I still do not know.

Unless this is specified, authors and their content will be judged by subjective guidelines imposed by moderators who may or may not be in agreement on what is acceptable. Some mods may have a higher degree of tolerance/ acceptability and maybe more liberal in allowing content while some others not so much. Perhaps disallowing certain words in the text might also do the trick? 

I think having that uniformity in the guidelines will be helpful, not only to authors but also to the mods who filter the content. Censoring should not be subject to someoneโ€™s whim. It will also help to make a guideline on what content can go as general, what should come with a warning label (general/trigger warning/ 16+ content/ 18+ content/ adult) and what is totally unacceptable to post.

Just saying- it seems somewhat unfair to place a barrier on how a writer wants to develop their characters in this one aspect, especially when there is no restriction on other, in my opinion, worse triggers such as abuse, violence, neglect, suicide etc.

With RPF I agree- there could be serious implications like libel, so it makes sense to keep those out.

Edited by LizzieBennet - 2 years ago
Daffodowndilly thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

๐Ÿ‘๐ŸผLIKES๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

- Being able to connect with people from all around the globe . 

- All the analysis and discussions we have here helps us to be open to others' ideas and gain wider insight of situations. 

- I really appreciate the moderation team. Their effort is what makes IF way less toxic than the SM platforms. 

๐Ÿ‘Ž๐ŸผDISLIKES๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

- The lack of an option for deleting a post. 

- No option for permanently deleting an account. 

- Lack of activity in forums not related to popular shows. Even the Bollywood Forum pace has gone down significantly. Important forums like the ones related to Web Shows, Hollywood, Asian Dramas, etc. are hardly visited. 

Edited by Oeindrila - 2 years ago
Miss_Perfection thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: etherealbeauty

Like- 

1. Interaction with forum members

2. Posting new topics

3. Like button has many reaction options

Dislike

1. Don't know how to post photos, gifs. Posting photos and gifs should be made easier.

2. Don't know how to post Twitter links. 

3. Tutorials are very few to nonexistent. There should be proper tutorials for posting gifs, photos, signature, Twitter links etc.

Yes I dislike IF for same reason as before I use to post images but no idea how to post even though I m old member here ..

But new layout everything changed 

Also I dislike u can't see who visited Ur profile because last they had opt to check who visited Ur profile  ๐Ÿ˜ผ

Edit : I figure out we can see the ppl who visited out profile ๐Ÿ˜›so I'll add to my like list๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Devil.Gal - 2 years ago
Miss_Perfection thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

I just love interacting people and posting on random forums 

Dislikes 

Before there was alot more opt like members only posts  and now I have no idea if it's work and after new layout I don't know how to posts images ..

Before there was codes attached how to posts links 

Also there was opt of adding music to threads that is gone too 

We use to post GIFs to our signature everything changed the reason most ppl quit IF

Edited by Devil.Gal - 2 years ago