Three Things You Like And One Thing You Dislike in India Forums - Page 4

Posted: 2 years ago

Three things I like 

1 really good in-depth discussion and analysis without abuse or bashing  ( at least that was the case when I was super active here😊. I hope it's still the case )

2 very organized clear and crisp platforms 

3 we can very easily find threads and discussions of old shows which we used to love and read those discussions. Atleast that's all I do these days if I get time to come here 

Things I dislike 

Umm nothing much but at one time IF Had seemed to take over my life.  That is when I stopped being active 

But I still come here. Still read stuff . This is one of the best social media platforms and I mean it 

I just love the people here.

That's it. Nothing more to like or dislike.

Originally posted by DamRyeong

things i like

got to meet lot of people and it helped me in my communication and confidence

happening place

people appreciating creative minds

things i don't like

abusive and derogatory posts by users. too much hate and bashing

hypocrisy of IF admins- so called IF journalists  --   posting almost p**nographic articles knowing that forum has many kids as well, click-baits

This is a serious offense, and we have to pay attention to curtail this immediately. 

Vijay, please, requesting you to look into this matter. 

Originally posted by DamRyeong

things i like

got to meet lot of people and it helped me in my communication and confidence

happening place

people appreciating creative minds

things i don't like

abusive and derogatory posts by users. too much hate and bashing

hypocrisy of IF admins- so called IF journalists posting almost p**nographic articles knowing that forum has many kids as well, click-baits

Please share the links to these articles as that would help us review so called "almost po*nographic". And if we have we will take corrective measures.

Originally posted by Guneet80

I like the community here, how vibrant it is and we have enthusiastic fans to discuss just about anything at all. IF is the reason why I became invested in reading and writing.

DISLIKES 

I absolutely abhor the new rules related to mature content regarding fanfictions. I do understand why explicit gifs are outruled but other strict rules regarding fiction content, are absolutely ridiculous. 

Writers should be able to put their creativity without being censored and this is why I liked IF but unfortunately uncessary censorship has let us writers to migrate to other platforms.

There's a mature tag and if the content is mature, we can tag it as such. Uncessary censorship is really not required and would harm the the popularity of the platform in future

We can find other ways to keep underage people away from such content but don't turn the writers away because we don't want an important part of our work randomly chopped off.

Well many of the restrictions we have placed is after much deliberations to avoid unnecessary fights, infringement issues, and libel. Fan Fictions are constantly evolving with time and making necessary relaxations.

Marking "matured" content is just a safeguard and not a license to post anything and everything. I feel very limited restrictions are placed. We do not want graphical description of sexual acts, making fiction on real people etc.

As it would not just attract libel, the site would get categorised as "Adult" site. If there are some excesses in the rules do share with me we will take them into consideration.

BTW I am happy seeing that when we search "indian fanfiction" or "fan fiction india".. India Forums is currently coming on top on Google.

Originally posted by Guneet80

@bold absolutely agree, even I've not been continuing my work on IF because of these ridiculous restrictions. We can't censor everything and make decisions for people, at some point they need to act according to their own discretion. I mean there's a mature tag for crying out loud, why don't we use it rather than banning some mature content 🤦

No site would like to upset its writers, but there must be some good reasons behind it. 

Many people choose IF cause they feel its a safe environment. Yes it comes with some restrictions like not allowed to put graphical description of sexual acts etc... I feel we can still write great stories which people would love to read.

If you have some lists which you feel we are being too restrictive, please do share with me on PM and we can discuss this out.

3 things I love about IF:

Frankly I love almost everything about IF, this has been my second home for half my life...will complete 17 years at IF in a month😳

1. The people here! I have found friends who have become closer than family. 

2. The atmosphere! The environment here is very open and everyone will find something of their interest here.

3. The DT and Vijay! The dedication of the DT and the commitment of Vijay to make IF the best it can be, is, for me, one of the MOST important aspects of IF. 

1 thing I don't like:

I don't have any long-term grouse against IF. 

Currently the way videos are displayed is quite troublesome. They pop up on top and hide the notification panel and main forum button. 

Originally posted by vijay

Well many of the restrictions we have placed is after much deliberations to avoid unnecessary fights, infringement issues, and libel. Fan Fictions are constantly evolving with time and making necessary relaxations.

Marking "matured" content is just a safeguard and not a license to post anything and everything. I feel very limited restrictions are placed. We do not want graphical description of sexual acts, making fiction on real people etc.

As it would not just attract libel, the site would get categorised as "Adult" site. If there are some excesses in the rules do share with me we will take them into consideration.

BTW I am happy seeing that when we search "indian fanfiction" or "fan fiction india".. India Forums is currently coming on top on Google.

I completely understand restricting fictions on real life people, that is a very sane thing to do and it does prevent uncessary fights so I'm with you on this.

But graphical sexual acts, I think, for this there need to be specific restrictions, I feel it is too vague and what is graphic sexual content might very much be affected by the mods' opinion.

So a rather stricter definition is what we writers are currently hoping for because it happened to some of my friends that their chapters of fanfics were removed from few forums with just a kiss being mentioned. Or maybe the rules can be relaxed. Anything works for us.

Moreover, yes IF has always been my home for fan fictions and will remain so in the future too. Very proud of the smart, considerate and diverse community that we have here.

Originally posted by vijay

No site would like to upset its writers, but there must be some good reasons behind it. 

Many people choose IF cause they feel its a safe environment. Yes it comes with some restrictions like not allowed to put graphical description of sexual acts etc... I feel we can still write great stories which people would love to read.

If you have some lists which you feel we are being too restrictive, please do share with me on PM and we can discuss this out.

Great thank you for clarifying and I feel I understand the decisions better now after knowing the motivations behind them.

Sure, I will share the list with you in case that happens. Thanks for being so open to criticism, it makes me feel we as members are very much valued here. 

Like CC in forum the most and music CC 

dislike that we can only tag five members