Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Things I like:

Website's pretty easy to navigate.

Most rules and acronyms have remained the same over the years so its easy to remember.

Moderation's been amazing, I had some serious issues and Sutapasima, BilliCat and Vijay were so helpful and supportive.

Thing I dislike:

There's no account deletion option or post deletion option, unlike other Social Media platforms. I know there's the "Hide" option and Deactivation option but at times it feels like I don't have total control of my account.

Sudharies thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 8

Things I like, that we get so many other like minded people to interact with, if wanted restrict ourselves to some particular ATs aka appreciation threads where we don't have to face the other fandoms and pick up a fight. 

Like the new account hibernation option. It's very useful to restrict our addiction but at the same time not entirely have to lose the virtual connection we've built here. 

Like the creative opportunities that are presented here in the form of siggy competition, writing competitions and banners signature contests. Various people with various talents can try their hands in them.

Like the new emoji options. 

Dislike : It's mainly the difficulty in posting pictures, especially since the new layout happened, I've no clue how to, whereas the previous layout used to be easier. IF should have an option to simply add pictures from our media or gallery like twitter has, rather the difficult copy paste methods. 

Nothing else there to dislike actually. 

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I Love Visiting My Favorite Forums Here And Talking About My Favorite Tv Shows With My Friends Here.

I Dislike The Forum Closures.

I Understand When A Tv Series Is Over The Forum Closes. But Re Open The Ones Are That I Already On Air.

Like Bhabhi Ji Forum.

Its Closed The Show Is Still On Air.

We Need An Account Delete Button Too.

In Case We Don't Want To Stay Anymore.

Edited by SilverBell - 2 years ago
sagarvandana thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Likes--- This is a very good place and safe to interact with friends. 

There are many good threads for healthy discussions. 

By putting some filters like, matured content, and Rules, IF proved to be a safe place for the teenaged members. 

There are many stories to read, on every serial character. We have a choice to read stories.

Not liking --- There are fewer competitions in forums. Activity reduced in the serial forums. 

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Love:

A place to discuss shows without letting family members know about your addiction.

Like that we have lots of emoticons/reactions options.

I like the chaska meter rankings option that motivates people to participate more...

I enjoy meeting like-minded people

I love reading stories!

Sorry for going more than three.

Dislike:

Image uploading methods. It's so complicated given how easily we can do it on other sites.

Features that can be added:

So, we do have threads for selected member and group discussions with I/O, I wish there were some special grouping methods to keep conversations private, like Whatsapp but in a thread format. Threads, even if they are I/O, it's still open and stalkable. I wish we could limit people who has access to be the only one to read the posts... like password protected or something threads. One reason, why people move to FB groups and Whatsapp to discuss shows because if we do want to say something which may hurt a person/group of fans, it's difficult in open and stalking mode.

Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I like IF place for interesting discussions. 

I like the Quiz section and Sports forum. 

But this site is not paying attention and encouraging members for good discussions

Viswasruti thumbnail

India Forums  started its journey 18 years back. There were many interesting stories emerged in all these eventful years. Here is an enchanting recollection of a member written 17 years back, and for that post see how emotional Vijay was. ---- 

Posted: 17 years ago

My Journey with India Forum

I am very glad that I found India forum. I am eternally thankful to Vijay for creating such a lovely site for all of us. Thank you once again Vijay.

Well my journey to this forum began after the sudden disappearance of Purab from the show. I was so furious about the sudden exit of such an amazing character. As I was and still am a GOOGLE freak, I started to search each and every available page so as to find clues about whether Purab is coming back or not. On the process of searching I came across to www.bhatter.com/jassi, through which I was diverted to India forum (www.kg2pg.net was the URL at that time). I did not really jump onto the forum as soon I joined it, cause I was so busy going through the "Shout" section on the www.bhatter.com/jassi. I enjoyed reading all those stuff and found that there were a huge number of people who were too furious as I am about Purab sudden exit. It did take me quite sometime to go through all the messages. Then later I decided to take a look to the forum and sign up for the forum on May 26,2004. I think when I joined the forum there were about 200+ members. So my actual Journey to the forum begins then after.

At that time, Ash used to give the updates. I did really enjoy reading the updates. Then gradually logging on to the forum began to become my part of a daily chore. Members were not that active as we see these days. Hardly anyone used to post anything and I used to talk about this every time I meet Vijay. Tell u the truth, on the movie and joke section there was only two post and both of them were from Vijay. I don't remember the joke section but in movie section only " Hum Tum" movie preview was the only one. But now the forum has grown tremendously and we have more than 2000 members and most of them are active ones. Thank you so much for keeping this forum so active and live.

There are lots of sweet and sour experiences that I have experienced in this forum. The most was Arman-Purab WAR as usual, this never ends I guess. But the apology and the forgiveness was always there. Though some did have some bitter moment but they never stop coming here and posting their opinion and views which I really find great about this forum. Now we are getting updates from an angel so called "DEADLY". I thank u for ur great effort deadly. Once again Thx. We have such a lovely Moderators as Mystery and Ash who are taking very very good care of this forum for all of us. Thank you to u both of you. Well Vijay dreams are really coming true as he used to talked about exceeding 5000 members, 3000 more to go Vijay, not much to go.

Have to say one thing before ending my journey "India Forum Jaissa Forum Kahi Bhi Nahin…" I am really glad to be a part of this forum family. And I will always remain till the end. If the show ends also my addiction to this Forum will never end. I treasure all funs that this forum has given to me. Lastly once again Thanks to Vijay for creating such a wonderful forum, Bunch of Thanks to Deadly, Ash and Mystry to being such a lovely Moderators and to all the members who have made this forum such a divine place. Thank you all of u. Thank You!!!!!!! 

Edited by kanchi - 17 years ago

--------------------   

Vijay's appreciation----

Posted: 17 years ago

WOW !!!

I am promoting this as announcement (all forums) so that every member should know about and can share their experiences with us.

Only one message per member. So in case you need to add something later, please edit your post and add it giving the Date on top.

It looks like we are preparing for the b'day of this forum  which is not so far.

Thanks Kanchi for those lovely compliments and I would also like to add that you are also very much responsible for its success.

I know... we will certainly reach 5000+ members by the end of this year.

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 16 years ago

Like - reading fanfics, interactions, having a place to talk about/discuss itv shows without needing to link it to other SM accounts. 

Dislike- moderators who act like censors rather than moderators and are often biased. 

Articles on the forum that reek of bias/favoritism towards certain actors . 

Shaome thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Like : fan fictions, fun Chit chats ,Creation gallery, Open discussion..

Dislikes :Everyday rules are changing  as per India forum's convenience.This certainly questions the  credibility of the forum.. Moderators will work the way they are instructed.. So they are innocent.. Absolute favouritism is obvious now 

s10dot2_0_0 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nja91

Like - reading fanfics, interactions, having a place to talk about/discuss itv shows without needing to link it to other SM accounts. 

Dislike- moderators who act like censors rather than moderators and are often biased. 

Articles on the forum that reek of bias/favoritism towards certain actors . 

Same.

Like : Reading different topics, different articles and some sensible peoples sensible opinions.

Dislike : Some peoples gand up against one person and report anyone's different opinions and made anyone's account deactivated by targeting again and again whenever they want and when moderator don't give any chance to explain whole matter and listen to those gang up peoples who taking advantage of their years of badges and targeting new peoples for their opinions. There are no liberty for new peoples in the forum to share their opinions freely because of some old peoples own despotic as they won the forum by themselves and new others are not allow if they don't agree with them.

Edited by s10dot2_0000 - 2 years ago