Three Things You Like And One Thing You Dislike in India Forums - Page 3

GrilledCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Things I like 

Moderation, which keeps the place less toxic than other social media platforms 

Interacting with people from all over the globe 

Things I Dislike 

The lack of a proper blocking feature in IF. Of we block someone then we don't want to see their posts or comments or interact with them. This is possible on other social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram, but not IF

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SamirM thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

1. Open platform for all to join.

2. Limitless topics

3. A nice place to hangout to find same minded persons.

Dislike

1. Can't post photo. May be there is a way but that seemed too complicated to me that I didn't try.

vibraj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

My likes would be a wonderful platform for any light or intelligent discussions in the entertainment industry, great source of knowledge and information on interested programmes or personalities, personally made precious friendships within the country and globally too, actually so many likes but restricting to three. Thank you for being our virtual family!❤️

Dislike is when I occasionally face log in issues, understand it is technology and machines too are not infallible but again a back handed compliment to IF, we are so, so addicted to it,  any disruption makes us mad!☺️

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Like- 

Interaction with diff ppl , made some life times friends 

i learnt graphics from here

A memory ground to store edits , stories 

Could post my thoughts about any show, episode or actor in details without any word limitations which i love most here

A good time pass by reading FF if u feel bore . want to share an incident of mine.  in around 2015 i had some very toughest time.. used to be upset but this site helped me a lot by forum's stories. i used to read those till late night n found immense happiness n peace. 

Dislike (i want to be honest here , sorry)

Cant delete our own un wanted posts / Thread. for that one need to contact with moderator

very less text colors, in past design it had more colors 

text fonts should be more here 

Moderation system 

no proper active ground to complain if that connect with forum's mod or any forum rules . for that i feel  should be there more Active GMs 

WL time (sometimes for any kind of x,y,z ( big / small - it depends on forum's mod and rules )  reasons  active member had to face this , specially 40% , 60% .. also if any running 20%  holder had to face another 20% the time of WL increased for more months. so it ruins the complete  interest to come here at certain point ..

no proper blocking features, blocked person could watch ur posts 

Edited by opsora2090 - 2 years ago
vijay thumbnail

Thank you guys for giving us this valuable insight.

Some of the things we would be prioritising are :

a) We would look into the Block feature. If you have blocked someone they cannot view your profile and vice versa. Since posts are made in open forums we cannot block that access to individuals but yeah we would restrict the user from check that users profile and author posts page.

b) Fan Fiction we are working on ways how we can cross-promote the Fan Fictions through out the site and incentivise and encourage members to engage in terms of comments / reactions etc.

c) Adding option to upload photo to Topics which basically becomes the thumbnail and appear in the Topics Feed view. Once this stabilizes we would add option to upload photos in posts also. However it would be available to Senior members and above.

Please keep sharing your feedback as it helps us in making IF the best community to be part of.

BaAZiGar0 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Most Comments (February 2022) 1 Thumbnail + 9

I feel like IF has exclusive content that I cant find elsewhere

the forums are a treasure trove of information

old forums are still accessible for those of us that start watching a show that is ended 

dislikes:

members who communicate with each other that isnt inclusive of everyone in the forum (i.e. two members on a thread sharing an inside joke, or just saying to hi one another and not contributing anything)

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

things i like

got to meet lot of people and it helped me in my communication and confidence

happening place

people appreciating creative minds

things i don't like

abusive and derogatory posts by users. too much hate and bashing

hypocrisy of IF admins- so called IF journalists posting almost p**nographic articles knowing that forum has many kids as well, click-baits

Guneet80 thumbnail
Most Comments (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

I like the community here, how vibrant it is and we have enthusiastic fans to discuss just about anything at all. IF is the reason why I became invested in reading and writing.

DISLIKES 

I absolutely abhor the new rules related to mature content regarding fanfictions. I do understand why explicit gifs are outruled but other strict rules regarding fiction content, are absolutely ridiculous. 

Writers should be able to put their creativity without being censored and this is why I liked IF but unfortunately uncessary censorship has let us writers to migrate to other platforms.

There's a mature tag and if the content is mature, we can tag it as such. Uncessary censorship is really not required and would harm the the popularity of the platform in future

We can find other ways to keep underage people away from such content but don't turn the writers away because we don't want an important part of our work randomly chopped off.

Edited by Guneet80 - 2 years ago
Guneet80 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-gurl-enchanted

Another pet peeve of mine is the restrictions on IF. Writers should be allowed to write freely, with reasonably restrictions like on Wattpad. It should be on the reader’s discretion to read or not, after the author has added a mature tag. Gur shares this view too and was quite annoyed herself with these rules.

@bold absolutely agree, even I've not been continuing my work on IF because of these ridiculous restrictions. We can't censor everything and make decisions for people, at some point they need to act according to their own discretion. I mean there's a mature tag for crying out loud, why don't we use it rather than banning some mature content 🤦

Guneet80 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-gurl-enchanted

Thanks for the tag! ⭐️

Things I like:

1. Lots of like minded people who love intense romantic TV shows. This is the only place I don’t feel weird about sharing my strong opinions about Indian TV characters 😆 I dare not utter the word Naagin in the real world 🤭

2. People are incredibly kind here. They leave the sweetest of responses on my stories. Even when I was an amateur, they would encourage me to write more. That’s one of the reasons I improved over a period of time and finally, got the courage to take a sabbatical to pen a book ❤️

3. IF teaches me new things. I experimented with story writing, graphics, video editing etc., seeing the stuff people were creating here. I ended up using these skills in different areas of my work life too.

So thank you, talented IF artists. I learn a lot from you guys 🤗

Thing I dislike - 

Where do I even start? How do I choose just one to highlight? 😕

Many important forums are dead. It’s no fun discussing anything there. Even the ones on popular international shows hardly see any activity. It’s hard to even find these forums on the site. On the other hand, apps like Reddit are thriving with discussions on these very shows. 

Even the Bollywood forum barely sees any activity, when just 5 years back, it was buzzing with hot topics. 

Creations Corner, where I learnt quite a few things for, is just dead. 

I see a lot of viewer numbers against forum topics, but I don’t think that’s a true estimate. Hardly 10-20 people are seen in most forums, while the viewer count for some topics shows in thousands.

I feel that IF over the years has just declined, in terms of traffic as well as engaging content. I wish there were more people, more artwork, more discussions on not just saas bahu crap but even international shows. It’s not like people don’t discuss things anymore. It’s just that they stopped discussing it here.

I would say IF has a better interface than Reddit, but still the discussions thrive on that platform instead of here 🤷‍♀️

Hoping things improve and I can live the days of old IF again. Intezaar rahega…shayad kisi din…

Yes absolutely, IF was at its peak from 2013-2016 but idk what happened there's barely any activity left as compared to that time.

Possibly advent for new forums, youth population is more likely to discuss shows on a forum, write FFs etc hence no proper youth shows, discontinuation of youth channels and ITV completely shifting towards the drama genre has resulted in this decline. Rest of the work is done by recent uncessary censorship on the platform, so many people have shifted due to this as well.