Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Hey!

Just read this one! 

I need to begin by appreciating your chapter titles! They are so apt! So Asad did steal a kiss eventually! Haha that was unexpected for me since I thought Zoya wouldn't let him but can't help Zoya's heart messing up too now, can we?! 

I liked how you penned the sexual attraction they had begun to acknowledge for each other. In Asad's case, it feels nice to see him accepting the fact that Zoya means and affects him more than he was ready for! 

It is satisfying to see Zoya put him in place and endearing to see him give in, not because he is lost, but because he accepts that she means something to him! 

Looks like there are a lot more roller coasters awaiting Zoya. Farhan utterly disgusts me -_-  and I feel bad for how he meant world to her at some point in life:( Haha seriously how can you stay at a party where you hate everyone ( also when you are burning in jealousy! :P) I wish Asad had kept to himself though after that 'earth-shattering' kiss. Women all over him next moment really makes me want to kick him this instant ! 

Haha jokes apart, but I am enjoying reading this one! The characters are so gray ( well mostly black) right now making it all the more intriguing. Hoping this little encounter they had ends up meaning a lot soon! 

Zoya has led a sad life and Asad has probably been on a self destruction ride sort of, but both are just so sad:( Looking forward to see some love and light soon!

This chapter felt ...short:( Also the story is pretty interesting so can you update this frequently?! I'm kinda sounding greedy but would love 2/3 updates a week 🙈!

Great work as always! 

-Shreya

dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Wandering_mind

Hey!

Just read this one! 

I need to begin by appreciating your chapter titles! They are so apt! So Asad did steal a kiss eventually! Haha that was unexpected for me since I thought Zoya wouldn't let him but can't help Zoya's heart messing up too now, can we?! 

I liked how you penned the sexual attraction they had begun to acknowledge for each other. In Asad's case, it feels nice to see him accepting the fact that Zoya means and affects him more than he was ready for! 

It is satisfying to see Zoya put him in place and endearing to see him give in, not because he is lost, but because he accepts that she means something to him! 

Looks like there are a lot more roller coasters awaiting Zoya. Farhan utterly disgusts me -_-  and I feel bad for how he meant the world to her at some point in life:( Haha seriously how can you stay at a party where you hate everyone ( also when you are burning in jealousy! :P) I wish Asad had kept to himself though after that 'earth-shattering' kiss. Women all over him the next moment really makes me want to kick him this instant! 

Haha jokes apart, but I am enjoying reading this one! The characters are so gray ( well mostly black) right now making it all the more intriguing. Hoping this little encounter they had ends up meaning a lot soon! 

Zoya has led a sad life and Asad has probably been on a self-destruction ride sort of, but both are just so sad:( Looking forward to see some love and light soon!

This chapter felt ...short:( Also the story is pretty interesting so can you update this frequently?! I'm kinda sounding greedy but would love 2/3 updates a week 🙈!

Great work as always! 

-Shreya

Hello Shreya! Aww, so nice to know you're liking the titles! I'm kinda fishing them out from songs that I like actually...

I can agree that Asad seriously needs a kick in this story haha! I was actually planning to write Zoya kicking Asad in the balls at some point in the story, to be honest, cause believe me, he totally deserves that kick😛 

I've written Zoya to have had a much darker life than Asad, yet she's the one who's not self-destructing! My Zoe's got all the faith in the world. Asad, he's just stuck in one horrible moment of his life that haunts him wherever he goes. He doesn't live in the present, whereas Zoya does. So Zoya is the one who actually heals Asad! So love and light will bloom on the way!!

I knowww I'm so sorry for the short chapter! I hope I didn't didn't disappoint you😣. Although the most I can give is 2 chappy's a week? Since I'm kind of a perfectionist😑, I don't post the chapter until I'm satisfied with it. Sometimes I even edit the chapter AFTER posting it sooo....yeah. I personally WANT to write write write till I drop but I get headaches later so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I hope I didn't let you down...

Thank you though, for the lovely comment! Yours make my day!!

Love ya!💖💖

kavyapramod99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I'm having Univ exams next week. .update do na plssss

Wandering_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I agree, Zoya is a stronger character here! She's so mature, maybe because she didn't have a choice really, she had to grow up alone and live a miserable life, but I admire her strength through it all. She's so true to her name..love her approach towards life and the vibe she brings with her! I have no doubt that her mere presence is going to help Asad heal! 

But yes, would love Asad taking that role at some point too.. The girl has so much pain within her, it would be comforting to see Asad let her all that out! 

Yes, please make her kick Asad in the balls! That guy needs a reality check at times for thinking so haughtily of himself! He needs to work hard to impress Zoya..I hope he does :D

I hope you didn't misinterpret my greedy requests! You didn't let me down, I probably want to keep reading until it ends I guess lol:P  You are doing great! And 2 updates work..no pressure on that too though...take your time:) As long as you don't make us wait too long it's all good:) 

Excited for next!

dreamxr thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wandering_mind

I agree, Zoya is a stronger character here! She's so mature, maybe because she didn't have a choice really, she had to grow up alone and live a miserable life, but I admire her strength through it all. She's so true to her name..love her approach towards life and the vibe she brings with her! I have no doubt that her mere presence is going to help Asad heal! 

But yes, would love Asad taking that role at some point too.. The girl has so much pain within her, it would be comforting to see Asad let her all that out! 

Yes, please make her kick Asad in the balls! That guy needs a reality check at times for thinking so haughtily of himself! He needs to work hard to impress Zoya..I hope he does :D

I hope you didn't misinterpret my greedy requests! You didn't let me down, I probably want to keep reading until it ends I guess lol:P  You are doing great! And 2 updates work..no pressure on that too though...take your time:) As long as you don't make us wait too long it's all good:) 

Excited for next!

Yeah, I'm gonna write the kick lol. Zoya does need someone for her to cry to. Although she's kept strong for all this time, the feelings will tumble out eventually right? Though I think that sequence might happen AFTER Asad realises that he's in love with her. Sorry for the spoiler tho😅.

So two updates a week's good!👍Also I won't make you wait THAAAAT long, I'm not that evil😂

Love you! And thank you so much for your wonderful comments🤗

P.S: I might update the next chapter this evening ...

dreamxr thumbnail

Originally posted by: kavyapramod99

I'm having Univ exams next week. .update do na plssss

SHAYAD aaj shaam tak aayega...

And good luck for your exams!!

💕

sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Man! This update was soooooo goood!!! It was hot! It was cute! It was just so amazing! I loved their intensity and their  kiss was 🔥🔥🔥 And the last part was so so cute! Plus Asad realizing he likes Zoy! I want more of this!!! Loving it❤️❤️❤️❤️

dreamxr thumbnail

Originally posted by: sj_qh_kabhi

Man! This update was soooooo goood!!! It was hot! It was cute! It was just so amazing! I loved their intensity and their  kiss was 🔥🔥🔥 And the last part was so so cute! Plus Asad realizing he likes Zoy! I want more of this!!! Loving it❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so muchh!! Asad does like Zoya, but he's too damn proud to let it affect his actions🤢

I'm so relieved you liked the kiss! I was sooooo nervous writing it tbh, I literally spent a whole hour on it lol.

Don't worry you'll get more đŸ˜‰ as soon as I get ahead with the story a bit

love ya!

💖

dreamxr thumbnail

Yo! Here's another chapter! It's a bit short but has some revelations. Sorry, but the chapters' lengths might vary according to how much time I have hah. Hope you like it.

Lost Without You

Chapter 9: Can Anybody Find Me, Somebody To Love?

Dilshad Constructions had never been busier. The graphic designs made by Zoya's team were precise and impeccable, causing a lot more successful projects to form. Asad  had to sign deals, forms, write analogs of the buildings, and most of all, monitor the graphic designing team. He loved watching Zoya work in her favorite field. She had this unique glow about her when she was leading the team. There was no doubt that she was doing an excellent job! All her designs had a distinctly artistic touch to them that caused the business to burgeon. 

Eight weeks had whooshed past, and the stubborn pair had barely talked about what had transpired at the party! Asad would try and explain, while Zoya would ignore him and flit away. It was one such day like this in the office. Asad had called Zoya to his cabin to show him a final design, and Zoya had obliged. So here they were, talking busily about blueprints and constructions.

"So, Mr. Khan, I hope the project is up to your standards," Zoya said while turning off the projector with butterflies dancing in her stomach.

Argh! Why do I feel so jittery? It's not like I'm presenting to him for the first time. He just called me to his office, alone, and asked me to sho-

Oh. OH. Now I know what's going on here.

"Yes, Miss Farooqui. It certainly does. I daresay it goes even...higher." Zoya didn't miss the baritone husk in his voice as she sensed him take a step towards her turned back. Heartbeats resonated within her chest. She kept facing the white screen in the dark cabin. Several weeks had gone by, and she still couldn't get the damned kiss out of her mind! It had been so intense, so soft yet so passionate. She could feel his cold, ruthless casanova persona sear through his lips, yet she felt like there was a fire coursing through the touching of their lips.

Well, aren't I one confused idiot?

"Mr. Khan!" Came a horribly drawling voice from the cabin door that Zoya instantly recognized as Tanveer’s. "Mr. Qureshi's looking for you. He says he needs to talk to you about the latest New Jersey project, something about the Houstons wanting to invest in it."

"Something? Didn't he tell you what?" Asad asked irritably. After all these weeks of ignoring Zoya, he had finally gotten the courage to try again but WELL.

"He did, but I forgot," Tanveer said, blinking stupidly. Zoya stifled a giggle, looking at the irritation on Asad's face.

He looks so cute when he’s irritated!

Zoya realized her thoughts and gasped, ever so softly.

Zoya Farooqui, you need to sort your messed up self out.

“Yo! Zoe!” Mitch yelled as he saw Zoya munching away on a scrumptious pizza. “What’re you doing here?”

“Trying to get my confused self sorted.” Zoya said nonchalantly and took a huge bite. “It’s worse than Sherlock and Moriarty.”

“Oh I see. It’s about Mr. Asshole isn’t it?” Mitch said and folded his arms across his chest, exactly mimicking Asad.

“Yes, but no.”

“Huh?” Mitch questioned and sat down on a chair beside her.

“Well, it’s more about…about Abbu and, his f-family.” Zoya managed and stuffed the remaining crust into her mouth. Mitch stared at her with wide eyes.

“Wow, Mr. Khan will be impressed.” He said naughtily. Zoya furrowed her brows at him for a second. Then realized what he meant and whacked him on his arm.

“Ganda kaheenka.” She muttered and started on the last slice of her second pizza. “Can’t you think about ANYTHING else?”

“Darling when a man is literally sex on legs-“

“Yeah yeah okay. Fine. I don’t need more details about the jerk.” Zoya cut him off. Although she did agree about the ‘sex on legs’ part.

“Anyways, what’s bothering you so much Zoe? I’ve been noticing you from a few weeks. You always seem kind of on edge.” Mitch asked worriedly and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“I- uh…” Zoya hesitated. She hadn’t told anyone about ‘The Kiss’. She was sure Mitch would freak if he found out, that too when she hadn’t told him a thing for eight weeks!

Well shit.

“You can trust me.” Mitch said comfortingly and gave her shoulder a warm squeeze, she beamed at him.

“I- well actually he…you remember the party I had to go to? “

“That b***h’s birthday party? Yeah, of course I do! I picked the dress, remember?”

“Yeah so…during that party Mr. Khan he…he gisedmee.” Zoya mumbled the last two words hurriedly.

“He what?” Mitch asked, clearly not understanding what she said.

“Hegisedmee.” She mumbled again. Looking down to her feet.

“HUH?” 

“He kissed me!” Zoya said, loud and clear. Mitch’s jaw dropped to the floor.

“Oh. My. God.”

“Yeah, but I told him off. I-I’m sure he’s only doing this to get me into bed. After all, he’s famous for being a player isn’t he?”

“You’ve got a point there. But holy mackerel! Asad Ahmed Khan KISSED you!!” He said in shock.

“Yeah but, I wasn’t just kissing. It was…much more than that. We made out.” Zoya said and a blush crept up her cheeks. “But the problem is…I liked it.”

“How is that a problem dumbass?!” Mitch said angrily.

“Because he’s an asshole! He’s kissed like, a hundred women! I was just one of them.” Zoya said, defeated. She’d felt this way so many times. The need to make herself noticed, to be seen, heard, loved. The one thing she ever wanted was for someone to love her, truly and never leave her side or break her trust. Alas, everyone she loved did the same.

“Zoya, please listen to me.”

“No!” she turned and faced away from him, her body quaking with sobs.

“Zoya sweetheart-“

“Don’t call me that. I can’t believe you would do this!” She said, turning back around to face him. It was time she did.

“Can you stop whining and listen to me?!” He shouted back at her. Zoya’s eyes grew wide and she gasped at his audacity, she took a step back.

“Whining? You jerk! You think I’m WHINING after seeing all that bullshit in your room?!”

“Zoya please try to understand,”

“There is NOTHING to understand here! Everything was just a joke to you wasn’t it? All the time I trusted you, l-loved you-“

“Loved? You don’t love me now?” Farhan spat at her.

“I’ll be lying if I say I do!” Zoya scoffed. “Lying. It’s what you’ve been doing all this time right? Last night…I believed that…you loved me. Truly, like no one had ever done. Whoever did, I had lost them the day before. You knew that, Farhan. You KNEW, that I was vulnerable and guess what? You did the exact same thing I never thought you could do. You used me!” She yelled at him.

“BECAUSE WHAT ELSE COULD I DO?” He roared. “You were drunk! You came to my house and threw yourself into my arms! And I thought, well, why not make the best out of it-“ He was cut off by a strong blow on his left cheek. The sound echoed around the empty drawing room.

“You disgust me.” Zoya said through gritted teeth, turned to the door and walked out of his house. She removed the hoodie that she was wearing and threw on the ground, trampling over it deliberately. Just as she was about to reach the small gate at the corner of the fence, she heard her father’s voice from the kitchen. Her blood froze.

“Good job Farhan, you’ll get your share of the property. And tell your father that our plan has succeeded and he can give me my money.”

“Money? For what?” Farhan asked.

“For the crack shipping. Now all we need is to get the remaining properties from Zoya’s hands, for that we need to break her. Completely, you know what I mean?” Her father’s terrifying voice made her heart clench in fear.

“Um, I’m afraid not.” 

“Harass her…in the way no woman wants to be harassed.”

“Gladly.” Farhan said and laughed mirthlessly.

And Zoya knew she had to run. Far away.

“Hey!” Mitch’s voice broke her out of her trance. “Having a flashback again?” To his surprise she nodded and burst into tears. Zoya placed her head on Mitch’s shoulder and sobbed silently, Mitch couldn’t help the tears forming in his eyes too. Only he knew how much this amazing girl had been through, and how she had fought through it.

“Why does every guy I like have to be an asshole?” She said between the sobs and Mitch chuckled lightly at her statement.

So, she likes him! FINALLY SHE ADMITS!

He smiled and kept stroking Zoya’s back comfortingly.

Little did they know that there was another pair of eyes that had tears forming in them as they watched.

The afternoon blazed under the New York sun. It was a Sunday, but a very black one for two hearts in the city. They pined for the ones they had lost, grieving to feel their essence again.

“Bhaijaan? Wake up, it’s time for breakfast. I know you’re feeling terrible today, so am I. But you can’t just cut yourself off. Please Bhai.” Ayaan tugged at Asad’s arm to wake him up.

“Ayaan I’m not hungry, and I’m not in the state to deal with anyone’s shit right now. Please leave me alone.” Asad suddenly sprang up from his bed and ranted out on Ayaan. He looked staggered and took a step back. “I’m going out.” Asad mumbled to Ayaan and strode out of his bedroom. Ayaan stood in Asad’s room, dejected. Rashid walked into the room and placed a weak hand on Ayaan's shoulder, shaking it a bit saying that it was okay. Every year, on the 13th of November,  Asad would shut himself off from everyone. Only Ayaan and Rashid knew why. 

"AMMIIIIIII!!!" Asad screamed out of pure fear and shock.

There was his Ammi, lifeless, cold, dangling limply from the fan. Asad lost his footing and collapsed against the door frame.

"Ammi! Ammi nahi! ABBU!! Ammi, she's- she's....ABBUUUU!" He called out for his father desperately. A fourteen year old Asad had just lost his life.

Zoya sat on a chair in the balcony, sipping from her cup of creamy coffee and staring into the peaceful afternoon city. Last nights nightmare kept flashing through her mind. It had been exactly five years since she had lost everything, and everyone that mattered. Five years since her life had changed completely and had become from bad to worse.

Zoya almost ran after paying the taxi driver to the door of her house. After one year of learning design in her dream college in New York, she was finally back home! Her happiness couldn't be contained in the sky!

"Humi! Ammi! Where are you guys?!" She yelled from the lawn into the mansion. But frowned when she got no answer. She continued her path into the house when she saw a few sullen-looking people walking out of the main door. Zoya furrowed her brows and being the eternal helper she was, decided to ask them what was wrong. She walked towards the group and realised it was actually a family. She tapped on the man's shoulder.

"Yes?" He turned and asked.

"Why do you seem so-"

"Wait, you're Zoya right? Zoya Siddique?" He asked, seeming to recognise her.

"Farooqui, actually, what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry Miss Farooqui. You must be having such a hard time." The man said looking down sadly, causing Zoya to look at him weirdly for his strange behavior.

"What? What's going on?" She asked him.

"What do you mean what's going on? How are you going to handle your step-sister without them?" He said, Zoya was convinced something was terribly wrong.

"Without whom?!" She asked panicking and without waiting for the man to answer she sprinted into the house, forgetting her bags on the lawn.

She burst open through the doors and saw a sight that made her fall to her knees. It couldn't be. One year, one year she left them and now...

Zeenat and Humeira Farooqui were lying lifeless on a plank, covered with a white cloth.

Zoya shut her eyes tight and shook her head. She decided she needed some air and quickly slipped into her shoes. Turning off the lights and locking the door, she climbed down the staircase of the building wearing a loose hoodie and jeggings, paired with simple flip-flops. She walked past the building where Rashid lived, not noticing Asad walking out of it as well and continued on her path to Central Park.

Asad had half a mind to drink down a bottle of whiskey, but thought better of it and continued his way to Central Park. He made a mental note to find a woman to have-

"Yeah, just like you 'wanted' every woman you f**ked,"

Zoya's words rang through his ears the moment he thought of it. He didn't know why, but her words mattered a hell lot more to him than he knew. Her words made his heart constrict with guilt. He cared what she thought of him, and what she thought of him was pretty clear.

"Why does every guy I like have to be an asshole?"

The faintest of smiles tugged at his lips. The simplicity and truth in her sentence made him smile. 

She liked him. SHE LIKED HIM!!!

He was only getting some coffee when he saw Zoya stuffing her face with pizza. He'd never seen a girl eat so voraciously! He'd taken a step towards her but paused when he saw another man come and stand next to her, while she was busy stuffing the crust of the pizza into her mouth. The guy might've said something naughty because her eyes had widened comically and she whacked him on his arm. Asad had bit in a chuckle. There was a bit of conversation between them, which seemed pretty serious because Zoya had burst into tears right after! He'd heard the 'asshole' sentence when he passed by their table after not being able to see her cry.

He'd had the unknown urge to hold her in his arms, just hold, and tell her that he was there. That he would be there for her, forever. Her tears had made his heart ache for her, and he hadn't thought it would!

Asad was still in his thoughts when he felt a soft body bump into his chest, his arms instinctively wrapped around the person and he pulled them towards himself. His breath hitched as he looked at her, there were tear streaks marking her face. She'd been crying again? Her hair had strewn itself across her face and her eyes were closed tightly, anticipating the fall. Asad slowly lifted his free hand and tucked her hair behind her ear. His eyes met her honey-brown ones as she opened them slowly.

"Zoya..."

SOOO! Another chappy for you guys! I won't write a long note for this one since I have to goooo.

Love you guys and hope you liked the chapter!

P.S: Sorry, wasn't able to send PMs since my internet SUCKS.

Edited by Captain_Crash - 2 years ago
friendsall thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Waiting for the next already.. greedy... aren't we!!! Poor humeira