Posted: 1 years ago

Heyyea people! Here's the Character Sketch for my new FF!!

Story Character Sketch

Asad Ahmed Khan

Asad Ahmed Khan is a ruthless businessman, a certified playboy and a guy with a lot of demons. He’s one of those people, who just don’t believe in love! Although he does love his brother and his father, but has had the misfortune to lose his Ammi (more deets later!). Since then, he believes that love only makes one weak and vulnerable,like it did to his father. Asad is a known name among the highest of places and the lowest of streets as well, and been referred to as ‘spawn of the devil’several times. Most women drool at the sight of him and only some ‘get lucky’.Asad of course, doesn’t give a shit. He’s never slept with the same woman twice, and loves it that way (or so he thinks)! He runs an extremely successful company (Dilshad Constructions) which is currently based in New York.

Zoya Farooqui

Zoya Farooqui is an independent woman with a really bubbly and endearing personality. Zoya is also a proud nerd! She is not one to give up easily in a fight, and has all the faith in the world. Her beauty is not one that turns heads, but one that mesmerizes the moment you look at her. Though she never prides herself upon it, because of the scars of her past and hides a lot behind her dimpled smile. She never lets her sadness dampen the day! She has lost her mother and her sister to her snake of a father (again, more deets later!) and sometimes feels really lonely, but her best friends always help her go through! Zoya works in a small graphic design company in New York, and loves her job.

Ayaan Ahmed Khan

Ayaan Ahmed Khan is Asad’s beloved brother and is currently studying in Berkeley University in Boston. He comes to New York during the holidays and every other month to meet his father and brother. He is very much like Asad, yet very different from him as well! He has dated several girls, but he believes strongly in love. He is also a lover of music, and is a fan of a lot of bands!

Gaffur Siddiqui

Gaffur Siddiqui, Zoya’s biological father and a merciless human being. He is a businessman in the black market and has a daughter and a second wife. He has become one of the most powerful and feared men in the dark corners of The Big Apple by laundering and conning many. Gaffur is on par with Asad’s company and is seeking a deal with them.

(kay guys this is just a character sketch so can’t give out a lot of stuff haha)

Tanveer Gaffur Siddiqui

Zoya’s stepsister and Gaffur’s (favoured) second daughter. She is Gaffur’s daughter by and by. Tanveer has been infatuated by Asad and his power, and her parents have eyes for his money too. She works at Dilshad Constructions as Asad's PA, but she still extracts money ruthlessly from Zoya and spends it on her own pleasantries. Unknown to Asad of course.

Razia Gaffur Siddiqui

Razia is Gaffur’s second wife and another being that shouldn’t exist. She too blackmails Zoya to extract money from her and spends it on useless things. She is obsessed with getting Tanveer married to Asad and will do anything in her power to make it so!

(I know I know, Cinderella Story much? Haha! But bear with me guys, it might sound like a Cinderella Story, well it kinda is, but it’s…well, different!)

Rashid Ahmed Khan

Rashid is what you could call, the best dad! He loves his two sons like his life, but also misses Dilshad, his wife, on many occasions. He too believes strongly in love and will support his sons no matter what happens. He is alone in his house most of the time, because he lives alone. Asad had bought him a luxurious apartment which adhered to all his need, except one. Family. So he spends his time cooking, watching football or thinking about Dilshad.

Mitch Robertson (Just imagine Mitch Grassi from Pentatonix)

Mitch is Zoya’s ‘bestest friend in the whole effing world!’ as she likes to call him. He is a nerdy (but still good looking) guy, and is always talking in fandom references. He is openly gay, and is always helping Zoya with her wardrobe and style!

!!! Important Extras !!!

Amir Qureshi

Is one of Asad's most trusted employees, and soon becomes Zoya's friend.

Karen Smith

Is Zoya's 'khadoos' boss, wants to get in Asad's pants and has a brother named Chad.

Chad Smith

Chad is basically an a**hole, and is always looking at Zoya with wrong intentions. 

So that was it guys! The character sketch…

Keep scrolling for the first chapter!!!

Edited by Captain_Crash - 1 years ago

Hey guys! Just a lil’ note before we start, I’ll be naming the chapters based on some of my favorite song lyrics, I’ll be giving you guys more information about the song at the ends of the chapters. You can give it a listen if you like! ;) And I know I've been telling you that this is a 'dark' FF, but it's not COMPLETELY a dark FF. It has a certain balance between light and dark, as you will see when you read. Sorry to all those who came here hoping for something totally dark! My mind doesn't have the capacity to write something like that hah...

Lost Without You

Chapter 1: Here I Am, This Is Me...

“Asad! Dude eat your breakfast before you leave man!” Rashid hollered from the kitchen to a cranky Asad, who had come to visit his father in Manhattan.

“Dad can you please stop talking like that?” He asked scratching his head.

“Like what?”

“Like Ayaan!” Asad said yawning. He hated it when people talked like that. It just made them seem so…’unclassy!’ He came up to the tall kitchen island and sat on a barstool.

“Asad, you…do know what today is right?” Rashid asked,suddenly looking solemn.

“What?” Asad said curtly, taking a bite of his cold omlette and realizing where the topic was heading.

“Asad don’t pretend.” Rashid questioned sternly.

“I KNOW!” Asad suddenly yelled and shoved the plate to the floor, startling Rashid. Asad pressed the bridge of his nose and walked away. 

“I’m sorry.” He muttered before picking up his briefcase and heading out the door.

Rashid stared at the wooden door of the huge apartment that Asad had bought him, somehow it never seemed as homely as their house in Bhopal. That of course, was when Dilshad was…

Rashid shook his head and went back to the kitchen.

"No! Please no Abbu please..." She begged.

"You'll get what you deserve you dirty mongrel!" He whispered in a voice that sent chills down her spine. She saw him wiping the thing she hated most. A whiplash.

"Please no..." She cried and thrashed around her legs.

"You had the guts to tell your Ammi what you saw? Well, now I'm going to make sure you never do that again!" He said coldly and hit the whiplash against the floor. Threatening her.

"Yes! Because she deserves to know! She's your-" Her words were drowned in a scream from her own mouth. She looked at her arm and saw a huge gash cutting across it. The sight of the gash invoked an unknown kind of anger in her, an anger she had never seen before.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? SCREW YOU!" She screeched before doubling over in pain as she felt another gash form across her back.

"You dare speak to me in such a manner?"

*Crack!*

"Don't you have any manners?"

*Crack!*

"You are a shame to the family!"

*CRACK!*

"I'M NOT!" Zoya yelled and sat up, sweating. She looked around frantically, and calmed down as she realized she was in her apartment. Safe. In New York. Zoya looked at her alarm clock and buried her face in her hands,

3 AM. How ironic.

Round and round we go...

Zoya sighed and fell back to sleep. It felt like a mere 5 minutes when-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

"OH COME ON!" She huffed and jumped off her comfy bed. Her oh so comfy bed! She quickly stomped off to the bathroom and freshened up, getting ready to face the day. She took a quick shower and set her hair. She contemplated on her outfit, as always and decided to leave it on Mitch whenever he arrives. 

Soon, the smell of scrambled eggs filled the apartment as she served herself the scrumptious meal. Just as she was about to take her first bite, the doorbell rang.

"ARGH!" She grumbled as she walked to the door to answer it.

"Hey gorgeous!" Called a smooth voice as soon as Zoya opened the door.

"Oh finally Mitch, thank god you're here!" She sighed in relief and hugged him gratefully.

"Yes I'm thanking god as well looking at your outfit right now..." He said eyeing Zoya's loose t-shirt and shorts. He was such a diva!

"Are you here to roast me or are you actually gonna help?" Zoya asked raising a brow.

"Looks like I have to!" He said smirking, causing Zoya to glare at him.

"Oy vey, what's gotten your silky hair in a knot?" Mitch asked curiously, while he raked her closet searching for the perfect outfit. Zoya sat down on her bed.

"I...had a nightmare again." Zoya said looking towards the floor. Mitch paused at his position and looked at Zoya worriedly, before dropping the shirt in his hand and kneeling in front of her.

"Oh my, the same one?" He said as he took one of Zoya's hands in his and squeezed it comfortingly.

"No, this one was different. I...actually forgot about that memory." She said and sniffled.

"What happened in this one? Let it out so you feel better." Mitch said nodding.

"He was...was hitting me in this one. T-That night I had seen him signing an illegal deal, and them hitting it off with- a-another woman and so, I told Ammi. Humi was...just a baby! So, Ammi told me not to worry and that she'd have a word with...him. So she did and, he found out that...I was the one who'd...so then he'd hit me. That night, that night and many more like it are the reasons for my -s-scars..." She let out a sob and rested her head on Mitch's shoulder.

"Shh, it's okay. You're strong Zoe, you're my strong Zoe hmm?" He said stroking her hair.

"I don't know what I'd do without you Mitch!" Zoya said in a weak voice and smiled genuinely.

"Hey, don't say that! Save it for your future boyfriend." He teased and Zoya smacked him on his arm playfully. "And now! About that outfit..."

"Do I have to?" She whined.

"Yes darling!" Mitch said in a sing-song voice.

"I GET IT. You can sing." Zoya pouted.

"Babes you have to be dressed better today! You know why, right?"

"Cause that big businessman is coming to check out our company? What does he want with Nebula Designs anyway?! I mean our company's literally named after Gamora's sister and Thanos's daughter! WHO NAMES A COMPANY AFTER THANOS'S DAUGHTER?!" Zoya said, trying to avoid the fact that she knew. That one of the people that made her life hell was working for him, on a personal level.

"Calm down hon! Nebula turned good at the end anyways. AND, our company started wayyy before Nebula's character was even released on the big screen!"

"Yeah but-"

"Back to the point, he's into constructions. He needs people like us to sketch out whatever he can't! I didn't even know you were so stupid Zoe." Mitch said and rolled his eyes.

"Again with the roasting!" Zoya said and threw a pillow at him, but he ducked and dodged it.

"Also..." Mitch sneered, his eyes glittering with mischief.

"Ohhh no. I know that tone, Don't you-" Zoya started.

"He is the hottest-"

"Na-uh!"

"most good-looking-"

"NADA!"

"Guy in the whole effing business! Forget business, I might even say New York." Mitch smirked.

"Got any proof?" Zoya asked raising a brow.

"Darling, look at any business magazine...and you'll have it!" Mitch said as he turned back to the closet and winked.

Asad drove like a maniac. He had to reach it, before he did something stupid!

"Asad! Go call your Ammi, it's almost time to open the presents! It's time she gets at least some happiness." Rashid said and thumped Asad's back.

"AMMIIIIII!" Asad yelled from the living room. Rashid rolled his eyes and held Asad's ear playfully.

"Asad, I said GO call your Ammi. Not screech like a banshee!" He chuckled.

Asad shook his head violently to shake off the memory creeping in. Focus, focus, focus! He was driving to this small company which was ready to strike a deal. Apparently this 'small company' had exquisite quality in their work, and he was desperate for a worthy graphic designing team to look over his projects.

Asad pulled over at a small and artsy building, which had been restored from an old firehouse. He rolled his eyes.

Ergh. What a sorry sight. Better get this deal done quickly so I can scram.

The women working in the small but successful company sighed as he walked through the door. A petite blonde clad in a grey suit and skirt walked up to him, swaying her waist seductively. She held out her hand for him to shake, or kiss, or whatever.

"Hi, Karen Smith." She said smiling and eyed him all over.

"Asad Ahmed Khan." He said curtly shook the said hand. Asad checked her out as she turned around and led him to her cabin.

Not bad.

He thought, about the woman or the office he didn't know. He smirked and rolled his eyes as he heard a few unbashed sighs go around as he strode. Karen opened the door to her cabin and motioned him to come in, and he obliged. 

He took a seat on a chair in front of her desk and rested his foot on his other knee, leaning back into the chair. Karen raised a brow at his demeanor and decided to make her move. She gently kept the file in her hands on her desk, and positioning herself so that he could view most of her, sat on the desk itself. Asad's prowling eyes scanned over the scene.

"Don't you want to sit in the chair?" He asked motioning to it.

"No, I'm more comfortable here." She said in a sensual voice and bent down in way that showed her cleavage. Asad was impressed, yet remained adamant.

"Now, about the deal." He said, touching the tips of his fingers together.

"Of course." She drawled and picked up the inter-office phone on her desk and barked into it. "Farooqui! In my cabin. Now."

"Oh shit." Zoya breathed as she kept down the phone.

"Yo! What happened?" Mitch called from his side of the desk, which was divided into two parts.

"S-She's called me in." She said in shock.

"HOLY CRAP-" Mitch bellowed but was stopped as Zoya placed a hand on his mouth.

"Shhh!" Zoya shushed at him with wide eyes.

"What? She's called you in when The AAK is in there! The room must be ten times hotter!!" He squealed excitedly.

"Can you shut up? I can't go in there! His PA's probably in there too!" She said, looking genuinely worried.

"And what's the problem with his PA?" Mitch questioned. Zoya motioned him to lean closer.

"H-his PA...is Tanveer." She said, almost breaking down to tears. Mitch covered his gaping mouth with his hand and sank down on his chair. The phone rang again. Zoya picked it up with shaking hands.

"Farooqui! Didn't you understand what I said? NOW!" barked Karen's voice through the phone.

"S-sorry ma'am, Mr Kapoor had called me for some help with a design. I-I'll be there right away." Zoya said flustered and kept down the phone. She looked at Mitch with glistening eyes, who looked at her apologetically and tilted his head towards their boss's cabin. Zoya took a step towards it when she was stopped by a friendly hand holding her wrist. She looked back at Mitch, who was smiling sadly. He squeezed her hand gently, giving her all the support she needed.

"Good luck." He whispered. Zoya nodded and proceeded towards the cabin.

Time to enter the belly of the beast...

Sooo that was the first chapter! Hope you guys liked it!! I've never really written an AU fic before so I'm really anxious for this one. Chappals (Crocs pls!), tomatoes, eggs, compliments (cuz why not?) and constructive criticism are all welcome!smiley2

Will post the second chapter soon!💗💗

Song in title: Here I Am - by Bryan Adams

Oh this is so so amazinggg😍😍😍 I loved the starting.. this is gonna be so interesting 🥳 Can’t wait to read more of this❤️

Also, thank you for the pm❤️ 

okay this was really good! I am totally hooked already! loved the character sketches and the first chapter!

also idk if you intentionally named the boss karen after the whole "karen" persona lol but if you did- clever, love it!

can't wait to read more! you write really well!

Originally posted by sj_qh_kabhi

Oh this is so so amazinggg😍😍😍 I loved the starting.. this is gonna be so interesting 🥳 Can’t wait to read more of this❤️

Also, thank you for the pm❤️ 

Thank you so so much!!! So glad you loved it😊 I can't wait to write more of this haha!!!

Love ya!💗💗

Originally posted by bindasss

okay this was really good! I am totally hooked already! loved the character sketches and the first chapter!

also idk if you intentionally named the boss karen after the whole "karen" persona lol but if you did- clever, love it!

can't wait to read more! you write really well!

Thank you so much! And yes I seriously did do that 😂. I was just confused about what to name her and I was like 'She's totally a Karen so why not just name her that?'

I kinda did that with Chad too😅

Thanks again! Love you loads💗💗

Woah! this is so damn interesting! I loved the whole character build up and I'm so excited to read further! I have a feeling it's going to be an intense love story and I'm all game for it! Asad and Zoya are very deep characters themselves and I am sure this is going to be really intriguing! You write really well which makes it all the more amazing!

I sincerely hope you plan to update this regularly and finish it since I'm hooked on this!

Update the next one soon! 

Love, 

Shreya

Originally posted by Wandering_mind

Woah! this is so damn interesting! I loved the whole character build up and I'm so excited to read further! I have a feeling it's going to be an intense love story and I'm all game for it! Asad and Zoya are very deep characters themselves and I am sure this is going to be really intriguing! You write really well which makes it all the more amazing!

I sincerely hope you plan to update this regularly and finish it since I'm hooked on this!

Update the next one soon! 

Love, 

Shreya

Thank you so much! I plan to make it an intense love story too haha! I will update as fast as possible, and get as many chapters as I can out, because I'm not going to be able to update from 7th of Oct to 31st of Oct😭😭. I promise I'll not leave this story hanging, but I can't update for the 3 weeks after this one :(. I'm so sorry! I'll give you regular updates in this week itself! Promise.

Loads of love!💗💗

P.S: (to everyone who's reading) Buddy me for PMs!

Qubool Hai