Lost Without You {AsYa FF} *on hold* - Page 5

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by tanvi_mitt

I like how their feelings are coming about. Hopefully something happens soon or they star realizing these feelings..

Have a bad feeling about the cliff hanger 

Continue soon

They will...😉 I hate cliffys too, but it's all for the suspense😎

Originally posted by bindasss

oooh love the cliffy! and omg the sexual tension between asad and zoya is so evident! thanks for the update!

I'm seriously surprised that there's evident sexual tension between them, I was really nervous wether I portrayed it or not! Thank you for the lovvvlllleeyy comment!!

💕

Originally posted by sj_qh_kabhi

Hiii welcome back!! Missed you✨ 

Coming to the update, amazing as always! Loved it😍 Although a cliffy but glad you are back with this intense update! The sexual tension between them! Their hotness🔥🔥 Can’t wait to read more 😍😍😍

Aww I missed you guys too😘. I'm glad that you guys can feel the 'hotness' lol! Next chappy will come soooon! Love you!💖

Here's the next chapter! Hope you like it 🤗✨

Lost Without You

Chapter 5:  Said You Couldn't Live Without Me, Then Why Aren't You Dead?

Zoya turned around to look at the businessman Asad was introducing. And she froze.

"How could you?"

Her own words rang in her ears. That horrible time when everything had gone wrong haunted her dreams. The time when she had lost everything. She had lost family, she had lost home, and she had lost love. Zoya started shivering under Asad's hands involuntarily. He felt her and looked at her, confused.

Zoya was broken. The happenings of the day before came rushing to her mind as her hand searched for the warmth she wanted. But she found none. Zoya shot up from the bed, covering herself with the duvet and looked around for the one who made her forget all worries. The one who showered her with all the love she needed last night. 

"Farhan?" She called out in hope of an answer. But there was none. "Sweetheart where are-" she paused when she saw a note on the bedside table.

'Sorry Zoya, I had to leave early morning because of some incident at my place. A robber was said to have broken in. I'm so sorry.

Love you.

Your,

Farhan :) '

She read the letter and smiled sadly. 'Love you.' He'd written. He'd proved it to her last night, when she was shattered and he made her forget everything about all the horrible things that had transpired. Zoya decided to give him a surprise visit, just to immensely thank him. She could've sworn she wouldn't be alive right now if he wasn't there.

"Zoya!" She heard Asad's voice say sharply in her ear and snapped out of her reverie. She blinked rapidly and regained focus on Farhan. "You fine?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." She assured him, lying right through her teeth. She wasn't fine, and she knew it. But she couldn't be vulnerable again. "Uh...hi." She said turning to Farhan and putting on her mask again. Farhan smirked at her state and raised a brow.

"Hi. Let me introduce you to my wife." He said, emphasizing on the word 'wife'. Zoya's stomach clenched in fear, and possibly anxiety. "Anaisha honey!" He cooed. A fair, sleek woman with blonde highlighted hair, unusually full lips and blue eyes, wearing a very revealing red night gown came out of the crowd and clung to Farhan's arm. "Hey babe." He said in Anaisha's ear, only so Zoya could hear it. Anaisha looked at Zoya with apparent disgust. Zoya's head started spinning a bit.

Zoya walked to his house with a loose hoodie (which was his) and leggings on. She paused near the fence of his house when she saw a red BMW parked outside his gate. Weird, she thought. I never knew he had a BMW, Zoya furrowed her brows and opened the small gate at the corner of the fence and entered. She slowly crept up to the main door and frowned when she noticed that it was already open. She shrugged and figured he left it open for something and tip-toed in to surprise him.

"Hey!" Asad's panicked voice snapped her out of her thoughts and she realised that she was falling. She closed her eyes for the impact, which never came. Instead she felt a strong arm grab her by the waist, she opened her eyes in curiosity and looked directly into a pair of dark brown orbs. She couldn't help but stare into them, his arms fit around her perfectly and sent tingles shooting through her torso. "What's happening?" He asked furrowing his brows.

"S-sorry, I'm fine. I just need to freshen up a bit. Excuse me." She said pasting a smile on her face. Asad reluctantly let her waist go and nodded. Zoya nervously walked to the bathroom and shut herself inside a cubicle. She pulled the toilet seat cover down and sunk down onto it, burying her face in her hands and breaking down completely. What was transpiring was scaring her. All the people she never wanted to see again were in one city, one area, one farmhouse. The people who had made her life hell. And she'd only met one until now, God knows how she'll handle herself when she meets...

"Far-" her voice got lost somewhere along the way when she entered the bedroom and saw a sight which shattered her heart into a million pieces.

Farhan was on top of a woman who was squirming in pleasure underneath him. His lips in a sensual interlock with hers and her hands working on the buttons of his shirt. Zoya stood rooted to the spot, not being able to believe her eyes. She shook her head and shut her eyes, a stream of tears trickled down her cheek. Zoya held in a sob by biting her lip and covering her mouth with her hand. Her head started spinning and she grabbed the door frame for support, knocking down a glass vase placed on a cupboard with her elbow. She gasped.

Farhan suddenly stopped his ministrations on the 'womans' neck and swiftly turned around to see a shattered Zoya trying to keep her mind straight. 

"Z-Zoya..." He muttered like a deer caught in the headlights. He got off the woman and started buttoning up his shirt whilst quickly walking towards Zoya. He made to place a hand on her cheek but she moved away, looking at him with hurt, anger and disgust.

"How could you?" She breathed in fiery anger and hurt.

Zoya cried her heart out in the small cubicle. She didn't care about her mascara trailing down her cheeks and her eyes getting red and puffy. She just wanted to throw everything out, all the pent up anger and sadness. She just wanted it all to be gone. Sniffling and wiping her tears away, Zoya rose and opened the door of the cubicle. She stared at her reflection in the huge mirror right in front of her. The reflection showed someone who was broken, scarred. She slowly walked to the basin and splashed water on the face. Washing away the tears. She dried her face and pit on some touch-up before plastering a smile and walking out to the main hall. 

As she walked her eyes were automatically scanning the place for Asad. Zoya looked near the bar and found him, looking no less than a GQ model. Butterflies erupted in her stomach as she saw him swallow down a drink and smile sexily at a colleague. Her feet had a mind of their own as she walked towards him. Asad also noticed her coming towards him and sprang up from his barstool, taking his glass of whiskey along.

"Hey. Sorry for leaving the conversation like that, I wasn't feeling well." Zoya said curtly as she tried not to stare at the Greek god before her. Within the past few days she had spent working with him, she realised that he was devastatingly handsome, a very ruthless and cold businessman, and that his eyes were filled with some kind of haunted pasts. 

"It's fine. Want a drink? It's on me tonight." Asad said trying to get her to look at him. He too, over the few days he'd worked with her, had noticed a myriad of other things about her other than her bodily beauty. It struck him how smart she was, and that she had won everyone's heart in his office in the first two days itself. She was an overall messy person, unlike Asad who wasn't messy at all, except in bed. He was overwhelmed by her faithfulness and kind demeanor around everyone, except him of course. She was equivalent to a lioness when she spoke to him, she always had that irritated sharpness in her gaze whenever she looked at him. He never understood how she hadn't been like all his other female employees, drooling over him whenever he walked by and trying to get his attention. In this case, it was the exact opposite. Asad hated it when she didn't even glance at him at times, and he didn't even know why!

Zoya opened her mouth to answer but froze as she saw Tanveer appear behind Asad and tap on his shoulder lightly. She was wearing an extremely obnoxious and over-the-top red dress that left little to the imagination. She raised an eyebrow towards a shaky Zoya before engulfing Asad into a clearly desperate hug. Asad, being the player he was even kissed her on the cheek lightly. Zoya felt a weird kind of irritation settling upon her as she watched Tanveer and Asad engage into a conversation.

"And who's this?" Tanveer asked deliberately, eyeing Zoya. Asad smirked.

"This is Zoya, she's my date." Asad said emphasizing on the word 'date'. He blinked, surprised at his own tone, it was as if he wanted to tell Tanveer that he was taken. Which, in his ignored heart he definitely was. "And Zoya, this is Tanveer, my PA and...a friend." Tanveer's eyes suddenly became absolutely livid. Zoya's face paled at her glares, she wasn't afraid of Tanveer, but she was afraid that she'll call her father, Gaffur Abbas Siddiqui. Zoya shivered.

"How... nice." Tanveer seethed, glaring at Zoya as if she's the scum of the earth. Zoya gulped. "Come Asad, I have to introduce you to my parents." Tanveer drawled. Successfully hinting to Zoya that she was in first name terms with Asad, and that soon she'd be face to face with her snake of a father. Asad noticed the colour drain from Zoya's face and furrowed his brows as to why she was acting so differently today. He couldn't help but be worried for her, and he mentally smacked himself for it. Tanveer tried to pull him away from Zoya, meanwhile Asad had decided to ask Zoya what was going on with her.

"Asad? You're coming right?" Tanveer asked turning around to look at him.

Asad nodded. "Actually I have to talk to Zoya for a bit, I'll be there in a jiff." He said as charmingly as he could and Tanveer smiled, although Zoya was able to see the hatred in her eyes as Tanveer shot an ugly look towards her. Zoya wondered what he wanted to talk about when he turned to face her with knitted brows.

"Come with me." He whispered with unwanted concern for her lining his voice. Asad grabbed her sleek wrist and led her to a quiet balcony in the corner of the room. He entered through the balcony's wooden doors and turned to close them, not noticing that the balcony was already occupied by a couple very much in love. Zoya tugged at Asad's sleeve trying to tell him but he whispered, "can't you wait for a minute?" And busied himself in trying to lock the door. Zoya cleared her throat politely to make the couple, who were making out, aware of their presence. The couple broke apart as if the other was on fire and quickly shifted out of the balcony after Asad gave them a killing glare. As they walked out Asad quickly turned and locked the door again, this time scaring Zoya a bit. Why was he locking the balcony?!

"W-what happened?" Zoya stuttered, surprising herself in the way she was behaving with him. She was never a stuttering stumbling mess, she'd always been confident and frank.

"What's up with you?" He frantically asked, pushing a fringe of his hair back in its place which Zoya had been aching to do...oddly.

"Huh?" She replied confused.

"Why are you acting so...weird?

"I'm acting weird?! You're the one who dragged me here like a lost dog!" She defended herself, Asad rolled his eyes.

"I mean...why do you seem so shaky?"

Zoya's eyes widened but she covered it with a smile. "Shaky? Me? Why would I be shaky?"

"Uhm... BECAUSE YOU'RE SHAKING." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Zoya opened her mouth to say something, but paused as Asad gently held her by the shoulders. The contact of his hands to the bare skin of her shoulder was unexpected, and it sent warmth shooting down her arms. "Are you okay?" He asked, surprising himself yet again wih the amount of concern seeping through his voice. Zoya's breathing had turned erratic, and her hooded eyes rose to meet his. She blinked slowly, letting him know that she was fine. Asad nodded slowly and continued to stare into her eyes, he saw things in them that he'd never noticed in anyone's eyes before. Heck, he hadn't even noticed a woman's eyes! His body moved of its own accord and he stepped closer, sliding his hand from her shoulder to caress her cheek. Zoya shuddered and gripped his forearm, she didn't know why, but she didn't want to stop what was happening. Asad slid his arm around her waist and pulled her to himself, his heart fluttering and beating erratically against his chest. Man this woman was affecting him more than any other woman he'd slept with. He wanted to sleep with her, oh yes he did. But there was also an urge to hold on to her, a small voice in his head kept telling him that she was special. That if he let her go, he would make the biggest mistake of his life. 

Unfortunately, Asad being Asad, he completely and utterly ignored the voice. Zoya realised what she was doing and pushed him away, to his disappointment. In a flash, out of the corner of his eye, Asad saw Tanveer lurking around the balcony. She was trying to get a glimpse of them. Asad was highly irritated by her behaviour since...well ever since he'd hired Tanveer. Her father, being a rich and powerful man, had bribed the interviewers to hire his desperate daughter. He couldn't even fire her because he knew what kind of a man Gaffur was. Siddique had contacts in the darkest corners of the world, which could literally assassinate him on command.

Asad decided to give Tanveer a jolt. A naughty little idea struck his scheming mind. He grinned.

Two birds with one stone.

Asad's eyes darted towards Zoya who had pushed him away and was leaning against the railing, muttering to herself. He smiled at the cuteness of her antics and went to her. "Muttering to ourselves are we?" He asked raising a brow.

"What's it to you? Why don't you go stick to your beloved PA?" Zoya snapped, not realising how jealous she really sounded. Asad's face was lined with his sexy lopsided grin that managed to take Zoya's breath away.

My beloved 'PA' is exactly what I want to get rid of right now!

"Jealous, Miss Farooqui?" He asked huskily.

"Am not!" She defended.

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Kiss me." 

"WHAT?!"

Ta-da!!!! Here's the chapter I've been procrastinating on all this time 😅. I hope you guys liked it, and sorry for the cliffy, guess it's become kinda my thing lol. It's also kinda short sooo *looks down guiltily*

Truckloads of love!! 💕

P.S: Buddy me for PMs! Also this hasn't been proofread yet...

P.P.S: If you guys want PMs then please do comment or leave a like on the chapters, so that I know if you're reading it or not and I can send the next batch of PMs accordingly. I don't want to fill your inboxes unnecessarily 😅

Edited by Captain_Crash - 2 years ago

Hey there!

I'm going to begin with an apology for I haven't been able to comment on the earlier chapters. Lol I even reserved a post for one but work has been so hectic last few weeks and I was traveling too so I really didn't get a chance unless I had to put in a two word comment :P which I wasn't going to, since your work and effort deserves way more than that! 

I have loved how the story is progressing so far and how! The bad boy image really goes so well with Asad's charismatic and domineering demeanor. Zoya's confidence, above anything else, is what greatly appeals to me and it compliments just so well with Asad's aggressive and ruthless personality! It's like Zoya is literally there to put him in place, but what's more endearing is to know that she's only the one who has the power to do so. 

Asad and Zoya are pretty intense characters themselves but I am loving how the other characters in this story are playing their part too in their lives. Be it Tanveer, Farhan, Humeira, Rashid, Gafur or Ayaan,  I'm liking how each one is acting as a catalyst in their own different way to bring Asad and Zoya closer.  The plot is put together really well and not one incident seems out of place. It either intrigues you or helps you connects the dots in a way you hadn't thought of, making it all the more interesting to read!

While we are yet to learn more about Asad, his bond with Dilshad can be felt strongly. Although I don't exactly appreciate his way of escaping those painful memories by sleeping around with random women he doesn't care about, (maybe because I want the best for Zoya since she deserves it, for not taking men in her life lightly, or rather for being this fiercely loyal woman in love that she is)...(haha probably a very individual opinion, but I still love Asya and want them to be together eventually!), Asad's pain is still very evident in his vulnerable state and it tells that he himself is looking for someone to pull him out of the pit and help him fight all that he's holding within.

With Zoya, I don't really have words to say except that in my head she's a close to perfect persona I can imagine. Not because she's perfect, because she's not, but she's someone one would want to be like. I admire her confidence and her ability to fight her own battles, yet smile through the pain she endures along the way. Her compassion, kindness and putting everyone she loves before her, easily make her the most loveable person, but what truly sets her apart is her ability to put herself together  piece by piece and still keep her head held high when people have hurt her in the worst ways possible. Kudos to your writing to portray her character in the most realistic way possible! 

Since I missed a couple of chapters, I kind of generalized what I thought on the story so far, but hopefully I'll be more regular with sharing what I thought on the specific chapters hence forth. (If my rambling doesn't bother you that is :P)

For this one, I'm just going to say- "WHY DID YOU STOP?" I kind of expected to sense the sexual tension between Asad and Zoya, but Farhan's role here was unexpected! Poor Zo! How dark can one's past be:( 

Expecting the unexpected now as that's what you have been doing with every update! And also, can't wait for the next:)

Brilliant writing as always! 

-Shreya

Edited by Wandering_mind - 2 years ago
Originally posted by Wandering_mind

Hey there!

I'm going to begin with an apology for I haven't been able to comment on the earlier chapters. Lol I even reserved a post for one but work has been so hectic last few weeks and I was traveling too so I really didn't get a chance unless I had to put in a two word comment :P which I wasn't going to, since your work and effort deserves way more than that! 

I have loved how the story is progressing so far and how! The bad boy image really goes so well with Asad's charismatic and domineering demeanor. Zoya's confidence, above anything else, is what greatly appeals to me and it compliments just so well with Asad's aggressive and ruthless personality! It's like Zoya is literally there to put him in place, but what's more endearing is to know that she's only the one who has the power to do so. 

Asad and Zoya are pretty intense characters themselves but I am loving how the other characters in this story are playing their part too in their lives. Be it Tanveer, Farhan, Humeira, Rashid, Gafur or Ayaan,  I'm liking how each one is acting as a catalyst in their own different way to bring Asad and Zoya closer.  The plot is put together really well and not one incident seems out of place. It either intrigues you or helps you connects the dots in a way you hadn't thought of, making it all the more interesting to read!

While we are yet to learn more about Asad, his bond with Dilshad can be felt strongly. Although I don't exactly appreciate his way of escaping those painful memories by sleeping around with random women he doesn't care about, (maybe because I want the best for Zoya since she deserves it, for not taking men in her life lightly, or rather for being this fiercely loyal woman in love that she is)...(haha probably a very individual opinion, but I still love Asya and want them to be together eventually!), Asad's pain is still very evident in his vulnerable state and it tells that he himself is looking for someone to pull him out of the pit and help him fight all that he's holding within.

With Zoya, I don't really have words to say except that in my head she's a close to perfect persona I can imagine. Not because she's perfect, because she's not, but she's someone one would want to be like. I admire her confidence and her ability to fight her own battles, yet smile through the pain she endures along the way. Her compassion, kindness and putting everyone she loves before her, easily make her the most loveable person, but what truly sets her apart is her ability to put herself together  piece by piece and still keep her head held high when people have hurt her in the worst ways possible. Kudos to your writing to portray her character in the most realistic way possible! 

Since I missed a couple of chapters, I kind of generalized what I thought on the story so far, but hopefully I'll be more regular with sharing what I thought on the specific chapters hence forth. (If my rambling doesn't bother you that is :P)

For this one, I'm just going to say- "WHY DID YOU STOP?" I kind of expected to sense the sexual tension between Asad and Zoya, but Farhan's role here was unexpected! Poor Zo! How dark can one's past be:( 

Expecting the unexpected now as that's what you have been doing with every update! And also, can't wait for the next:)

Brilliant writing as always! 

-Shreya

Hi Shreya! First of all, I should be the one apologising since I didn't give an update for like 3 weeks, same reason as yours actually! I was busy as a bee!

Also, OF COURSE your rambling doesn't bother me! I'm much of a rambler myself😉

And I stopped there just for the thrill *smirks*

As always I love reading your comments, they make my day! Truckloads of love to you! 💕💖

How could you? Stop there?! God man! You are simply amazing! This chapter was so full of myriad emotions and I loved how asad notices small things about zoya! Can’t wait to read more! Update soooon ❤️

How can you stop there.. Come on!!!!!!!

I love these characters, both have baggage and hopefully they heal each other...

But i want to know what happens... please continue soon

omg how could you stop there?! this chapter was so well written and filled with so many emotions! I absolutely loved it so I guess we can let the cliffy slide😉 They're such a dynamic duo and you've written them beautifully! I can't wait until they're together❤️ excited for the next part!!😃

Edited by bindasss - 2 years ago
Originally posted by sj_qh_kabhi

How could you? Stop there?! God man! You are simply amazing! This chapter was so full of myriad emotions and I loved how asad notices small things about zoya! Can’t wait to read more! Update soooon ❤️

OMG! Thank you so much!! Sorry for the cliffy though 😆😅 Glad to know that you liked it, and you're amazing too! Love ya!