Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sameera Reddy on when her father asked about covering her white hair

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Actor Sameera Reddy, who has been actively promoting body positivity for the past few years, shared a conversation about greying hair with her father on her social media. Her father, who was worried about people ‘judging her’, asked the actor why she isn’t covering her white hair, to which Sameera responded, that she isn’t paranoid about her look anymore.

Sharing photos on Instagram, Sameera wrote, “My dad asked me why I’m not covering my white hair. He was worried about people judging me. I answered ‘So what if they did… Did it mean I’m old? Not pretty? Not groomed? Not appealing?’ I told him that I’m not paranoid about it like I used to be and that freedom is liberating.”

She added that she earlier thought she would colour her hair every two weeks, to avoid the white hair from being noticed. However, there’s been a change in her thinking, now. “I used to colour every 2 weeks so nobody could catch that line of white. Today, I take my own sweet time and choose to colour if and when I feel like. He asked me why I should be the one to change the conversation? I said why not? I know I’m not alone. The shift and acceptance only begin when old thought processes are broken. When we can just let each other be. When confidence can just find its way naturally and not hidden behind a mask or cover.” Her father comprehended her reasoning.

“My dad understood. As I understood his concern as a father. Every day we learn we move forward and we find peace in small shifts. And it’s those small steps that take us to much bigger places #happiness #acceptance #selflove #imperfectlyperfect,” Sameera Reddy wrote.

Sameera Reddy married Akshai Varde in a traditional Maharashtrian wedding in 2014, and the couple welcomed Hans in 2015, and Nyra in 2019. On the work front, Sameera was last seen in the 2013 Kannada film Varadhanayaka.

reddysameera Verified               

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Nowadays where celebs won't show their real side ! She is different i have seen her insta. Sameera doesn't hide her hair, makeup free and also said she will never do botox.

priya185 thumbnail

I like Sameera's insta it is authentic instead of pretentious 

she is having a positive influence on her followers and viewers

Edited by priya185 - 2 years ago
sreefan thumbnail

Refreshing for a celeb. And we have Anil Kapoor who is still peddling that  he spends just 1 hour a day to keep his skin so youthful, which others can do too. What he is leaving out is what treatment he is doing and the in between trips to help with the tucking and polishing

surajhere thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Actors should always mind their appearance in public. 

Sameera Reddy can afford to show her greys because she is out of work and there is no possibility of her getting any significant work in films. 

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Geez she's so in ur face at times!