Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RainbowUnicorm thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Bee222

It all started with Pallavi's love for her family and Raghav's attitude clashing with hers. Ghamandi Rao, she named him, and threatened him multiple times that she'd destroy his pride. Yet today, it was his very pride that she was standing up for — she couldn't stand anyone trampling over it. The baba that she used to worship as God... she couldn't even call him a worthy human today. At the beginning of the 30 days challenge, she said she'd rather die than live a life with Raghav — because staying away from her family was that painful a punishment for her. But today, she willingly chose a life with Raghav Rao, dismissing her worthless family and their so-called respect.

I found myself remembering the story of Sati and Shiva today. Sati, who was the beloved daughter of her father Daksh, fell in love with Shiva — who wasn't a worthy man in her father's eyes. Sati and Shiva got married anyway, and Sati had full faith that her father would be happy for her, that he'd accept Shiva for her sake. However, that was not to be. The proud father Daksh, ended up spewing so much venom against Shiva that Sati self-immolated herself. Daksh's prideful head was cut off and a new head was placed instead — one that knew how to be humble. Sati, on the other hand, was reborn as Parvati — the one considered to be the perfect match for Shiva.

Isn't that the same thing that happened today? Pallavi was aware that VD hated Raghav — still she had hopes that he'd keep some dignity in his behaviour as a FIL treating his damaad. But seeing his poisonous attitude, Pallavi burnt up her own identity as a Deshmukh. Today, she was reborn too — as Pallavi Raghav Rao, the perfect partner to her husband, the one who can be his pillar of strength, his light in his darkness, his support in his weakness. By stripping VD of his respect, she did cut off his prideful head too. What remains to be seen is whether he'll get a new humble head for himself. The original father was guided by Vishnu's advice, so the task became easy for him. VD, though... he doesn't like to be advised, does he? He'll take a huge amount of time getting to the path of humility.

What also struck me today — Usually DILs are made to kick on a bowl of rice when entering the home for the first time. It's considered auspicious — by scattering the rice, her feet becomes equivalent to Goddess Lakshmi's, bringing on prosperity to the house. Pallavi has always been a Lakshmi for that house, handling the finances, managing the income. Today, however, she kicked that bowl of water. Stagnant water is considered a sign of negativity. By kicking it away, she transformed from Lakshmi to Durga — the destroyer of evils. And the just like Durga's biggest strength was the trishul (trident) given to her by Shiva, Pallavi has been empowered by Raghav's support. The "ardhamainda" was a symbol of that power.

The girl who blamed him for all her problems now lashes out at Keerti for doing the same. The girl who used to keep her words in check now asks Vijay Deshmukh to keep his actions in check. From covering up for their mistakes to calling them out on it, Pallavi has come a long way. This is the true essence of her character — she has always possessed that strength in her. She just needed a catalyst to realise that strength within herself, to turn a new leaf. Her Shiva helped her in that ❤️

Lovely analysis and post !!...The way RR changed for Pallavi and she in turn turning a new leaf she been so amazingly portrayed.  I loved it that in the heat of the moment she didn't forget to say that Rzr did make mistakes but is trying to correct them wholeheartedly....she is his strength..the reason why he is changing. 

And now he became her strength ...she has one person now to call all her own...to support , to lean on , to share...and with this support she was able to stand upto the wrongdoer in D family. She did not come there to pick a fight . But after seeing what was going on and realizing that RR was willing to give up his pride for her...the durga in her came out ..as you rightly mentioned. That willingness to bend to that extent for her sake, that is what made him earn that first priority place from her. 

The Sati Shiva Daksh story is so apt for this situation..very well connected!

As a couple Raghvis first step to cross  was trust .

Second step was to keep each other as first priority. Third was to respect and keep up each others dignity. They have now crossed these 3 levels. Major milestones .Now no 3rd person can come between them 

Edited by RainbowUnicorm - 2 years ago
Wilddreams thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

This is amazing 👏👏i am speechless Bee🤗loved everything you wrote ❤️

meghumonu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.kulfi

Waiting fir 3rd attack. Fin. 

Uska intezar to mujhe bhi hai!! 😆😆

LoveHopeMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

What I believe is, this regeneration begun the first time he threw that sindhoor on her infront of the charminar. Pallavi deshmukh was regenerating there to be the Pallavi Raghav Rao. And she had been in that journey which ended in their marriage. 

Pallavi Deshmukh became Pallavi Raghav Rao the moment he applied sindhoor on her hairline during their wedding. But there was still the name Deshmukh in her identity but this time she torn that name off her. She doesn't need that anymore since she is happy being the Raghav Rao's wife.  Pallavi without anything to hold back, accepted to be acknowledged as Pallavi Raghav Rao. 

I love that Lakshmi to durga reference bee.

That Ardhamainda felt bit ott for me when I heard it but I understand why they had to make her say it. She is no longer a Marathi Dil but a Telugu Dil who is accepting her husband's name, his family, his culture, his language and him too. 

He has become her priority. No "I love you" can ever replace that. ❤️

Sati - Shiva- Parvati

Pallavi Deshmukh - Raghav Rao  - Pallavi Rao

I have read this reference here before and since then I was so infatuated with this connection. 

There is another Sati in our Indian history. The widow who burned herself in the funeral pyre of her deceased husband. Though Pallavi didn't sacrifice her life with her husband's pyre litterally (we don't know if he had one) she did burnt herself for him and his family.

I remember reading your post somewhere that Pallavi was flying out as a phoenix from the fire during the wedding. She was in the pyre of her late husband, in the hold of his family and the moment Raghav put his color on her, she was given the wings to fly, fly out of that fire as Pallavi Raghav Rao. 

Very beautiful post 🐝. 🤗

Edited by LoveHopeMagic - 2 years ago
-RoadsideRomeo- thumbnail

Wow wow👏 this post is❤️👏

LoveHopeMagic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Edited 

Edited by LoveHopeMagic - 2 years ago
Shri_12 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

I am late, so many thoughts have already shared, so I won't more. Awesome post, Bee 🤗

Pallavi has always been a righteous person, who can't stand wrong, be hitting an older man, or VIP Darshan at the temple. Though she was fighting Raghav few minutes ago, she stayed by his side when he had a panic attack, instead of taking sadistic pleasure in it. She did the same this time too. She fought with him when he was wrong, however she didn't let injustice happen with him. 

Raghav and Pallavi bring true self of each other ❤️

SRKian thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Ohhhh Bee🤗loved reading your take on pallu

I'm not aware of hindu mythology but loved the reading it and the parallel you drew there. 

The girl who blamed him for all her problems now lashes out at Keerti for doing the same. The girl who used to keep her words in check now asks Vijay Deshmukh to keep his actions in check. From covering up for their mistakes to calling them out on it, Pallavi has come a long way. This is the true essence of her character — she has always possessed that strength in her. She just needed a catalyst to realise that strength within herself, to turn a new leaf. Her Shiva helped her in that 

So agree on this! I've said something similar in farhad AT last day pallu has indeed come a long way❤️ And shivi is just hailing each and every scene 😎

Bee222 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReemShah

Oh my gawd..I just loved how you wrote parallels between hindu mythology and today's(i mean yesterday's) episode

I did not know about rice scattering thing although I had seen this ritual being performed so many times on ITV and few times in real life

Indeed Pallavi has turned herself into a new leaf--by freeing herself from the Deshmukh bond

Pallavi standing by Raghav's side today meant that no matter what happens she will always support the truth and being a person who had once been falsely accused, blamed and punished for---she didnt want Raghav to go through the same

This is really well written and quite true...thanks for the tag Bee

Thanks Reem 🤗 I've grown up listening to the stories and the rituals and the meanings behind everything... so I guess the parallels came naturally to me 😳

Pallavi has that empathetic heart, I always keep admiring it ❤️ Everything that she's gone through via the Deshmukhs, many people would turn bitter and lash out at others — but not Pallavi. She's always extra careful not to let Raghav go through anything similar. It's why she gave him the 30 day chance (a chance she never got from VD), why she acknowledges his efforts in trying to make things right (the acknowledgement she never got at D house), and why she's taking such a strong stand for him against the false accusations (the stand no one took for her).

She's always possessed that kindness and integrity within her... but she kept her voice suppressed for that family. Now she's experiencing a newfound freedom that's letting her inner voice shine through 

Edited by Bee222 - 2 years ago
Bee222 thumbnail

Originally posted by: unicornwriter

I've realised one thing today and Shivangi was right in her interview when she said that Pallavi stands with honesty. Today more than standing right by her husband, she behaved like The Pallavi she is from the inside. She knew whatever that was happening was wrong in so many ways. 

Everyone have a pride within themselves and Raghav is no less but when today he bowed down still being intact for his wife, his pride wasn't threatened it was actually more boosted up by the grace in which he took everything. 

That is how i believe Pallavi and Raghav compliment each other. 

Pallavi does stand for honesty, but today she was also standing up for her husband. Her raging words made it evident, and the final strike was when she proclaimed herself as Pallavi Raghav Rao — the message rang loud and clear. In fact, that was the very contrast I felt between the R house confrontation and this one — the fury she felt this time made all the difference. In both cases, she was advocating Raghav's honesty — but there she was simply being a righteous person, this time she was being a wife. "Tum Raghav Rao ho, toot sakte ho par jhuk nahi sakte" — I don't see Pallavi saying this to just any person she's taking a stand for. This time, the blow felt personal to her, and that's why she didn't just stop at D house, she blew off Keerti as well who was trying to accuse Raghav. Pallavi has always been the epitome of dignity and poise. If you make mistakes, she'll correct you, yes — but very gracefully. I remember her dealing with Krishna's mom about her outdated widow mindset, I remember her correcting BWA's 'gora rang kala na pad jaaye' line... I also remember the time when a ragpicker's kid was being painfully insulted by BWA for his status, and even then Pallavi was gentle in her explaining.

But this time, she just lost all calm, she broke off all her ties. Even in the last R house confrontation, she was trying to preserve these relations somehow, she was sad to see VD leave. Again, she came to D house to clear Raghav's name — an effort to mend her ties. So what was the trigger that set her off differently this time?

Well, she said it herself — her changed priorities. She now chooses Raghav over that family. Had it not been for this change, I don't think she'd have cut off those ties so easily — and definitely not with such an air of finality. Remember that these were the very ties she wanted to die rather than be away from. As a daughter of that house, she'd definitely have retained some of that poise while talking to them. But as Pallavi Raghav Rao, she could only feel that rage on seeing her husband disrespected like that. The last time, she was only encouraging Raghav's efforts in the right direction — she had a short, neutral conversation with him and then left. This time, she was literally moved to tears by the disrespect meted out to him. This was a wife's reaction all the way ❤️

But I do agree with you that Pallavi as she is has always possessed this strength and voice. She always stands up for the victim and protests against wrongdoings — again qualities we associate with Ma Parvati 😳 Parvati does rage on the asuras (demons) as well. But this wasn't one of them — this was her father Daksh. And for her to rage on him, the only reason strong enough was Shiva's insult.

And yes again to Raghav's pride not being threatened an ounce. The way he was looking eye to eye at VD, the way he ordered him to sit on the chair... and his entire body language just screamed confidence and self-assurance. Sai was amazing in portraying that 👏

This comment got embarrassingly long, sorry about that 🙈🙈

Edited by Bee222 - 2 years ago