Pallavi — a new leaf ☘️

Bee222 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

It all started with Pallavi's love for her family and Raghav's attitude clashing with hers. Ghamandi Rao, she named him, and threatened him multiple times that she'd destroy his pride. Yet today, it was his very pride that she was standing up for — she couldn't stand anyone trampling over it. The baba that she used to worship as God... she couldn't even call him a worthy human today. At the beginning of the 30 days challenge, she said she'd rather die than live a life with Raghav — because staying away from her family was that painful a punishment for her. But today, she willingly chose a life with Raghav Rao, dismissing her worthless family and their so-called respect.

I found myself remembering the story of Sati and Shiva today. Sati, who was the beloved daughter of her father Daksh, fell in love with Shiva — who wasn't a worthy man in her father's eyes. Sati and Shiva got married anyway, and Sati had full faith that her father would be happy for her, that he'd accept Shiva for her sake. However, that was not to be. The proud father Daksh, ended up spewing so much venom against Shiva that Sati self-immolated herself. Daksh's prideful head was cut off and a new head was placed instead — one that knew how to be humble. Sati, on the other hand, was reborn as Parvati — the one considered to be the perfect match for Shiva.

Isn't that the same thing that happened today? Pallavi was aware that VD hated Raghav — still she had hopes that he'd keep some dignity in his behaviour as a FIL treating his damaad. But seeing his poisonous attitude, Pallavi burnt up her own identity as a Deshmukh. Today, she was reborn too — as Pallavi Raghav Rao, the perfect partner to her husband, the one who can be his pillar of strength, his light in his darkness, his support in his weakness. By stripping VD of his respect, she did cut off his prideful head too. What remains to be seen is whether he'll get a new humble head for himself. The original father was guided by Vishnu's advice, so the task became easy for him. VD, though... he doesn't like to be advised, does he? He'll take a huge amount of time getting to the path of humility.

What also struck me today — Usually DILs are made to kick on a bowl of rice when entering the home for the first time. It's considered auspicious — by scattering the rice, her feet becomes equivalent to Goddess Lakshmi's, bringing on prosperity to the house. Pallavi has always been a Lakshmi for that house, handling the finances, managing the income. Today, however, she kicked that bowl of water. Stagnant water is considered a sign of negativity. By kicking it away, she transformed from Lakshmi to Durga — the destroyer of evils. And the just like Durga's biggest strength was the trishul (trident) given to her by Shiva, Pallavi has been empowered by Raghav's support. The "ardhamainda" was a symbol of that power.

The girl who blamed him for all her problems now lashes out at Keerti for doing the same. The girl who used to keep her words in check now asks Vijay Deshmukh to keep his actions in check. From covering up for their mistakes to calling them out on it, Pallavi has come a long way. This is the true essence of her character — she has always possessed that strength in her. She just needed a catalyst to realise that strength within herself, to turn a new leaf. Her Shiva helped her in that ❤️

Edited by Bee222 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CottonCandyy thumbnail

true  👍🏼

Bee222 thumbnail

Come share your views 😳🤗

Mihika thumbnail

Every word of yours is true Buzzz....I remember few days back someone pointed out similarities between RaghVi and Shiv-Sati....This post is perfect and so apt👏

ReemShah thumbnail
Most Comments (June 2021) 1 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Oh my gawd..I just loved how you wrote parallels between hindu mythology and today's(i mean yesterday's) episode

I did not know about rice scattering thing although I had seen this ritual being performed so many times on ITV and few times in real life

Indeed Pallavi has turned herself into a new leaf--by freeing herself from the Deshmukh bond

Pallavi standing by Raghav's side today meant that no matter what happens she will always support the truth and being a person who had once been falsely accused, blamed and punished for---she didnt want Raghav to go through the same

This is really well written and quite true...thanks for the tag Bee

Edited by ReemShah - 2 years ago
unicornwriter thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I've realised one thing today and Shivangi was right in her interview when she said that Pallavi stands with honesty. Today more than standing right by her husband, she behaved like The Pallavi she is from the inside. She knew whatever that was happening was wrong in so many ways. 

Everyone have a pride within themselves and Raghav is no less but when today he bowed down still being intact for his wife, his pride wasn't threatened it was actually more boosted up by the grace in which he took everything. 

That is how i believe Pallavi and Raghav compliment each other. 

Edited by unicornwriter - 2 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Yaar Bee, I missed your posts. 🤗

Loved every single bit of it, especially your comment about her kicking the water jug away. I drew the same parallels with kicking the rice. All this was deliberately done and props to the screenplay, really. 

The day she told Krishna she'd stop crying/being afraid and use Raghav's challenge as an opportunity is when she really started to tap into her inner strength and it's wonderful to see that she can remain honest and dignified while driving home a few truths to those Ds. I know some people wanted her to be far more vocal but I think she said what she needed to at that moment, without becoming overly bitter. 

In a way, the fact that she was gradually willing to dismiss most of the Ds and the space they occupied in her mind made it easy for her to say all that. It didn't happen as a spur-of-the-moment thing, it had been building up like a silent storm inside her which she finally unleashed. Once she has calmed down, she will be able to finally have the space and time to think about herself, have that long-overdue introspection and then decide how she wants to build her life. 

The underlying message here is pretty amazing if you think about it: a person needs to really declutter their mind in order to think straight and make the right decisions at the right time, otherwise they are buried and suffocated under a pile of #$%^&. Raghav had rightly told her once that until she got rid of the 'kachra' in her head, she wouldn't be successful. Sure, he hadn't known her well enough back then, but over time it proved to be true, didn't it?

ITV FLs never have breathing room because they are always on the run trying to fix things, solve problems, deal with tragedy, etc. In the precap, where Pallavi is sitting on the sofa reading a magazine, her body language is probably the most relaxed we've seen in ages. She has time to slow down and take it easy. Even Raghav is reminding her that her train is in an hour, with a gentle sense of urgency, but she walks over to him and hugs him in a leisurely way, no mad rush, no frantic movements. We're used to seeing Raghav have his quiet moments of reflection/alone time and I am hoping this is the beginning for Pallavi too, where she really gets her me time. God knows she needs it. 

I completely agree that Raghav, though he chose to bend, never lost his dignity despite what Sanki might think. Rather, it was Sanki who lost the last shred of it. Props to Sai for his body language, the perpendicular angles at which he kneeled down, picked up the jug, etc. Beautiful! 

Edited by inlieu - 2 years ago
princy48 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Well i hav written 3 long essays over pallavi today 🤣 ..vhi laake chipka deti hu 🤣...ya link chipkati hu idhar 😆 ...

Lovely analysis bee 👏🤗🥳...every word of u is true ...and the durga avtar i was speaking abt the same in my posts in AT tdy ⭐️...

Thanks for clearing my doubts on sati, shiva n paravati ...we hav been discussing abt the same b4 the shadi track 🥳..n it feels complete today ...kisi thread pe baat chedi gyi thi pallavi being sati n becoming parvati ...after ur explaining it feels meaningful ❤️..

Exactly ...would wait to see if sanki gets to think abt wat pallavi spoke there ...kya abhi bhi vohi baba hai voh ya apne ghusse aur ego mein khud ko kahi kho unhone aur aaj khud ke izzat aur pallavi ko bhi kho diya ...will he ever think of it ..is my question too...👍🏼..agar aisa kiya na we can celebrate that day ..kyunki most of us wanted sanki raghav ki duo to be good with each other ...raghav apni taraf koshish kar rha tha n sanki blew it off...aaj finally pallavi has given handful of points y raghav can be considered ...what rambo is missing to see ...so his thoughts over pallavi's words can be beautifully shown ...❤️..hope it happens ...

Once again ..a beautiful post bee 🤗..love yaa😳...aur haan voh essays idhar laau ki nhi yeh batana 🤣..ya phir tu khud hi aaja faru AT mein 

nooriex thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bee222

It all started with Pallavi's love for her family and Raghav's attitude clashing with hers. Ghamandi Rao, she named him, and threatened him multiple times that she'd destroy his pride. Yet today, it was his very pride that she was standing up for — she couldn't stand anyone trampling over it. The baba that she used to worship as God... she couldn't even call him a worthy human today. At the beginning of the 30 days challenge, she said she'd rather die than live a life with Raghav — because staying away from her family was that painful a punishment for her. But today, she willingly chose a life with Raghav Rao, dismissing her worthless family and their so-called respect.

I found myself remembering the story of Sati and Shiva today. Sati, who was the beloved daughter of her father Daksh, fell in love with Shiva — who wasn't a worthy man in her father's eyes. Sati and Shiva got married anyway, and Sati had full faith that her father would be happy for her, that he'd accept Shiva for her sake. However, that was not to be. The proud father Daksh, ended up spewing so much venom against Shiva that Sati self-immolated herself. Daksh's prideful head was cut off and a new head was placed instead — one that knew how to be humble. Sati, on the other hand, was reborn as Parvati — the one considered to be the perfect match for Shiva.

Isn't that the same thing that happened today? Pallavi was aware that VD hated Raghav — still she had hopes that he'd keep some dignity in his behaviour as a FIL treating his damaad. But seeing his poisonous attitude, Pallavi burnt up her own identity as a Deshmukh. Today, she was reborn too — as Pallavi Raghav Rao, the perfect partner to her husband, the one who can be his pillar of strength, his light in his darkness, his support in his weakness. By stripping VD of his respect, she did cut off his prideful head too. What remains to be seen is whether he'll get a new humble head for himself. The original father was guided by Vishnu's advice, so the task became easy for him. VD, though... he doesn't like to be advised, does he? He'll take a huge amount of time getting to the path of humility.

What also struck me today — Usually DILs are made to kick on a bowl of rice when entering the home for the first time. It's considered auspicious — by scattering the rice, her feet becomes equivalent to Goddess Lakshmi's, bringing on prosperity to the house. Pallavi has always been a Lakshmi for that house, handling the finances, managing the income. Today, however, she kicked that bowl of water. Stagnant water is considered a sign of negativity. By kicking it away, she transformed from Lakshmi to Durga — the destroyer of evils. And the just like Durga's biggest strength was the trishul (trident) given to her by Shiva, Pallavi has been empowered by Raghav's support. The "ardhamainda" was a symbol of that power.

The girl who blamed him for all her problems now lashes out at Keerti for doing the same. The girl who used to keep her words in check now asks Vijay Deshmukh to keep his actions in check. From covering up for their mistakes to calling them out on it, Pallavi has come a long way. This is the true essence of her character — she has always possessed that strength in her. She just needed a catalyst to realise that strength within herself, to turn a new leaf. Her Shiva helped her in that ❤️

I seriously LOVED your analysis! I kept saying "wow" at the end of every paragraph 😆 Besides admiring Pallavi's strength, I too saw her in a new light. Really, her calling herself "Pallavi Raghav Rao" struck it home for me that now her identity is not defined by the Deshmukh's presence but by Raghav's. I'm not someone who likes to attach a female's importance to a male figure but with Pallavi's situation, I feel like it works aptly since Raghav is someone who indirectly helped this Pallavi come out. But someday, I hope she can consider herself to be "Pallavi" before "Pallavi Raghav Rao"/"Pallavi Deshmukh" just like Raghav wanted.

Also your comparison of the bowl of rice versus jug of water symbolism is beautifully analyzed ❤️ the dots are all connecting now and big kudos to the writers and crew for directing the scene in such a way :)

aye-masakalii thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Bee, I really loved this post! I'm not the most well versed with mythology, so I loved reading the Shiva and Sati story, definitely fascinating and I loved the parallel you drew!! Thanks for the tag ❤️

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing about the kalash girane ki rasm. Didn't know about the stagnant water part, but I was thinking about how that ritual is a part of the grihpravesh of a new bride, and Pallavi didn't do that rasm, and the visual of her knocking down that kalash with her foot in that moment, was a symbolic entry into her marriage, completely accepting her husband, new home and new family. I didn't write this because it felt like I may be making too much of a stretch with that symbolism, so I'm so glad you saw it like that too! With what you said about stagnant water, it makes the imagery all the more powerful. And it checks out- these two have been doing all wedding rasms inadvertently, starting from the sindoor, the varmala, the haldi, the mehendi. 

Also, we've been seeing Pallavi really sparkle and come into her own over the past several episodes, but through all the happy and cute moments, there's been so much tension and stress underneath. She's really been through hell in the past few months, and I think today was both the culmination of the hurt and disappointment building up, and her first step towards catharsis and healing. A new leaf is exactly it!