'Who are the SSRians and what drives them' Interesting read . - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 years ago

I don't understand what defines a "SSRian," actually. It's not a religion, after all, nor should it be anyone's identity marker, so why is it being used to define people like it's a homogenous group? Is "SSRian" someone who believes with full conviction that it was a murder and someone MUST be executed, come hell or high water, purely based on online narratives? Those cartoons would fall under far left in the SSRian spectrum, I'd say, and normal, sane people and SSR fans who wanted some clarity around the situation and mourned his death don't deserve to be dragged through the mud with them. 

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

I don't understand what defines a "SSRian," actually. It's not a religion, after all, nor should it be anyone's identity marker, so why is it being used to define people like it's a homogenous group? Is "SSRian" someone who believes with full conviction that it was a murder and someone MUST be executed, come hell or high water, purely based on online narratives? Those cartoons would fall under far left in the SSRian spectrum, I'd say, and normal, sane people and SSR fans who wanted some clarity around the situation and mourned his death don't deserve to be dragged through the mud with them. 

I'd define an SSRian as someone who was jolted by SSR's death, was horrified at the way the investigation was being carried out, and hurt by the insensitive things being said about SSR.

I am an SSRian, and proud to be one!

The attack on SSRians is not new, and neither is disrespecting SSR merely out of spite.

Many of these offenders are either those that didn't care about SSRs death, or, jumped into the fray because their idols were targeted by trolls.

Originally posted by: tapori

I'd define an SSRian as someone who was jolted by SSR's death, was horrified at the way the investigation was being carried out, and hurt by the insensitive things being said about SSR.

I am an SSRian, and proud to be one!

The attack on SSRians is not new, and neither is disrespecting SSR merely out of spite.

Many of these offenders are either those that didn't care about SSRs death, or, jumped into the fray because their idols were targeted by trolls.

His death was a massive shocker and wish he didn't have to go that way but I don't like being pigeonholed by people with silly names like "SSR-ian," especially when they use it as a disparaging umbrella term. I grieved his death and kept close tabs on the ball of chaos that unfolded afterwards. But once they started investigating all the b'wood celebrities for smoking pot, I gave up on any hope of the truth ever coming out and couldn't keep up anymore. 

I think a lot of people were hoping for a "closure" of sorts but there is no closure to be had with death of any kind, and you can't seek it from the government or by executing others who may or may not have a hand in it. The government relented and the CBI inquiry is also already wrapped up cuz nothing came out of it. That's the best anyone could have done, so it's time to move on. But you're right, I'm sure there are plenty of people who never cared and take some sort of sadistic pleasure in mocking those who do.

Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

His death was a massive shocker and wish he didn't have to go that way but I don't like being pigeonholed by people with silly names like "SSR-ian," especially when they use it as a disparaging umbrella term. I grieved his death and kept close tabs on the ball of chaos that unfolded afterwards. But once they started investigating all the b'wood celebrities for smoking pot, I gave up on any hope of the truth ever coming out and couldn't keep up anymore. 

I think a lot of people were hoping for a "closure" of sorts but there is no closure to be had with death of any kind, and you can't seek it from the government or by executing others who may or may not have a hand in it. The government relented and the CBI inquiry is also already wrapped up cuz nothing came out of it. That's the best anyone could have done, so it's time to move on. But you're right, I'm sure there are plenty of people who never cared and take some sort of sadistic pleasure in mocking those who do.

You're right, and it is absolutely an imposed label. And such labels are created to mock the sensibilities of people. 

Much ♥️ to you and to everyone that was impacted by this tragedy! ✌️

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tapori

You're right, and it is absolutely an imposed label. And such labels are created to mock the sensibilities of people. 

Much ♥️ to you and to everyone that was impacted by this tragedy! ✌️

It's just how fandom of any stars are named. SSRians were people who admired Sushant as an actor/person.basically his fans. Just like SRKians for Srk or Akkians for Akshay. Now the term is being associated with bunch of fools who turned his death into a cheap Wattpad thriller. 

Originally posted by: ninny

It's just how fandom of any stars are named. SSRians were people who admired Sushant as an actor/person.basically his fans. Just like SRKians for Srk or Akkians for Akshay. Now the term is being associated with bunch of fools who turned his death into a cheap Wattpad thriller. 

Celebrity fan clubs are fine, naming them is fine too, whatever floats people's boats. But it's silly to call people SSR-ain or SRK-ian or whatever-ian based on the opinions they express regarding a particular issue that's been the topic of the year now. I don't like my identity being defined by which celebrity I like... plus the way SSRian and "justice warrior" is used on this forum, it's definitely an attempt to degrade and dehumanize by those who consider themselves higher and better than the ones they're name calling. It could be just me but do I want a part of that? No. Just no.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

The fake ones ..right?? Too bad opportunistic people like the political parties, news anchors like Arnaab and frustrated ones like Kangna , KRK etc etc  used the names of SSR fans....to further their ulterior motive...how quickly did Kangna jump on KJo...it was amazing....😵

No, most of these people who are dissing the "other" set of SSRians were silent when the witch hunt was going on. You could easily go back to these threads from a year ago, and you could see the same folx who are taking a moral high ground now, were either complicit with their silence when this was happening, or worse, participated/enabled the witch hunt and the crazy conspiracy theories.

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

No, most of these people who are dissing the "other" set of SSRians were silent when the witch hunt was going on. You could easily go back to these threads from a year ago, and you could see the same folx who are taking a moral high ground now, were either complicit with their silence when this was happening, or worse, participated/enabled the witch hunt and the crazy conspiracy theories.

I don't really care about what people think of me here but I have always maintained that the barbaric way Rhea was treated was extremely disturbing ... all without being proven guilty and that media/papz needed to show some restraint or held accountable in some way. Remember that most of us, including you, started the same way but opinions started developing with the onslaught of inconsistent information all over 24/7. Some people's opinions escalated to extreme levels in disturbing ways, and that goes for both sides ....that's when I drew myself apart from the whole "justice" chat thread too. Like I earlier said, "SSR-ain" is not one homogenous group who share the same ideology. 

Why should anyone take responsibility for extreme opinions expressed by others here anyway? Just because they're deemed as "SSR-ians," whatever that means??? It's like holding you or others responsible for that particularly inflammatory troll who has doxxed members here and loves to paint the town red with her garbage. After all, her opinions do match with those who express their disgust with the whole fiasco. How fair does that sound to you?

Edited by SmittenKitten - 2 years ago
ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Yeah coz how dare people be skeptical about the whole situation and have their own opinions or observations. Wtf is the witch hunt y'all keep harping about? Did somone pull the "accused" who have a legit FIR against them out of their house and torch them or lynch them? People had opinions, the case was high profile hence was being discussed..certain people took it too far agreed and Media Trial was brutal but at the end it was govt agencies that did the investigation and arrest. Stop with your "moral" high ground and preaching who is better or worse🙄 

Edited by ninny - 2 years ago
Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ninny

Gotcha, I wasn't aware of its preexistence as am not a bonafide SSR fan lol (loved some of his work, and briefly followed him on Twitter though).

Btw, I didn't even know something like Wattpad existed, until now!