Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: pathaka

True, I like how they are changing up the states of where it is set every season...Mumbai, Kashmir, Chennai next kolkota...

True, it would be lovely if they pick up one state every time. But regional language ka use kaam kare😅. 

Maybe show us their authentic culture - food etc.

Like muthu shoots back at Jk - south India has five states, name the particular food u want ðŸ˜†

Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

There are so many people getting exposed to the awesomeness of Samantha for the first time. Makes me happy!!

You guys should check out some of her illustrious work that is available on Netflix and Prime - Super Deluxe, Oh Baby, Ye Maya Chesave, Neethane En Ponvasantham, U turn, Thangamagan, Eega, to name a few.

Will do thanks ... 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
BlackWitch thumbnail

I felt Samantha was brilliant as Raji. She was cold and unfeeling like the character demanded. What a horrible traumatic past Raji has had. Being raped by so many men and seeing people she loves killed. I really don’t know what the naysayers expected but if someone goes through so much trauma, they become single minded and numb. Sam portrayed that perfectly 👌

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Originally posted by: gurl-enchanted

I felt Samantha was brilliant as Raji. She was cold and unfeeling like the character demanded. What a horrible traumatic past Raji has had. Being raped by so many men and seeing people she loves killed. I really don’t know what the naysayers expected but if someone goes through so much trauma, they become single minded and numb. Sam portrayed that perfectly 👌

@Bold: So true!! 

And what I loved was that there was no flashback of her past. It was just her narration and those two shots of her rapists. That's it. Her portrayal was so powerful that despite the lack of a flashback people empathized with her and felt sorry for her. That's how subtle YET effective her performance was.

BlackWitch thumbnail

Exactly! She was like a caged animal in that scene where she kills her employer. He hit her and suddenly, she was back in the past reliving her multiple rapes. Those moments of her wild grief where just chilling. 

Then when she exchanges sexual favours with the Officer to get the truck released. That disgusted twist to her mouth when she comes out before she reverted to cold acceptance was just pitch perfect.

Her eyes spoke volumes in most scenes.

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

@Bold: So true!! 

And what I loved was that there was no flashback of her past. It was just her narration and those two shots of her rapists. That's it. Her portrayal was so powerful that despite the lack of a flashback people empathized with her and felt sorry for her. That's how subtle YET effective her performance was.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Take A Bow: Internet Is In Love With Samantha Akkineni’s Performance In The Family Man

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/entertainment/take-a-bow-internet-is-in-love-with-samantha-akkineni-s-performance-in-the-family-man/

The outpouring of this much love for her is so heartwarming.

I am so happy she is exploring new avenues and isn't restricting herself to Telugu/Tamil cinema, where most filmmakers would rather have her dance around the hero than give her a strong role.

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Watched it.. it's soooo gooodd.. I accidentally watched the first season in 2019 and was waiting since for the second one and it did full justice.. even tho I still prefer season 1 by a small margin.. Also Samantha was great but Manoj the the bestt.. he has made this series soo interesting.. he is an amazing actor.. Muthu, Umayal, Milind, dhriti, Atharv everyone was so good.. missed Suchi.. not much of her was there.. also JK is superrrr good.. 

And they left her mystery to season 3 again.. I have a feeling something between her and Arvind happened for sure.. 

Waiting for season 3.. ðŸ¥³