Family Man Season 2 out - Samantha Akkineni wins widespread acclaim - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by liberiangirl

I was terribly disappointed as well that they didn't reveal it clearly.  Instead, they setup the scene for S3.  

S1 was Pakistan related.  S2 - Srilanka;  Looks like S3 is gonna be China.  All our neighbours 😊

Suchi's character this season was a little irritating, but nevertheless, I wish she had more scenes.

Dhriti too was so good!  

True, I like how they are changing up the states of where it is set every season...Mumbai, Kashmir, Chennai next kolkota...

Totally agreed ! Manoj sir's acting is on another level altogether

Originally posted by Ahana_Sehgal21

How amusing for someone to say "Samantha eats Manoj alive",

Manoj sir is at different level...  Samantha was good . Thats it :) .

Anupama Chopra's review. I like how she speaks about Samantha's impassive expressions, not as a loophole but as an embodiment of all that she has been through in her traumatic past. Class apart. 

Samantha Akkineni skilfully captures not only Raji’s rage but also her chilling lack of emotion – her expressions are deliberately opaque. Raji’s determination is frightening. As is the predatory behaviour of the men around her. At one point, Raji says: “If women started speaking out, all the men would be in jail.” Raji is so much more than a textbook bad guy. And Samantha is so effective that you can get past her brownface.

https://www.filmcompanion.in/reviews/bollywood-review/the-family-man-season-2-review-amazon-prime-doesnt-deal-in-simplistic-heroes-and-villains-manoj-bajpayee-samantha-akkineni-priyamani-anupama-chopra/

Just finished watching the second season . Superb once again ! Probably enjoyed it more than the first one too . 

Watching Samantha for the first time .. she was brilliant . 

Originally posted by Guinea

Just finished watching the second season . Superb once again ! Probably enjoyed it more than the first one too . 

Watching Samantha for the first time .. she was brilliant . 

There are so many people getting exposed to the awesomeness of Samantha for the first time. Makes me happy!!

You guys should check out some of her illustrious work that is available on Netflix and Prime - Super Deluxe, Oh Baby, Ye Maya Chesave, Neethane En Ponvasantham, U turn, Thangamagan, Eega, to name a few.

Originally posted by liberiangirl

I agree with you.  First season was definitely better.

This second season started slow, but picked pace midway.  Overall, liked S2 as well.

I wish they had chosen someone other than Samantha.  She was the weakest performer this season.   Just did not like her acting one bit.     It is so funny to read reviews of her eating Manoj alive.  Like seriously?  Kuch bhi! 😆 

Priyamani got very little footage this season.  Really missed her scenes.

And I still didn't get it, did Suchi sleep with Arvind?

So agree with this.. she had less dialogues..the character had to go beyond dialogues to convey herself.. and to me she looked confused as Raji.. rather than appearing intimidating or m mysterious ar so many places... So mych hooplah about Samantha and such a letdown.. Any..anyday Moosa was a better villan than Raji .. even when it comes to character portrayal.. To say she performed better than Manoj Bajpai.. the USP of Family Man is a crime.. a serious crime 😆 she killed Manoj Bajpai. Oh no crime..crime...crime..🤪 Priyamani is such a good actor..considering she is tolerable as an irritating character lole Suchi.. such a good actor you are❤️i wish she had more SS.. much much much better ss than the overhyped one... my personal opinion though

Oh Mr. Manoj Bajpai.. your dialog delivery and the subtle sarcasm...BANG ON.. you live Srikant Tiwari.. and iam so so so proud of you... For making us all proud .. 

DK and Srikant... Family Man is your show 👏

FM should give chance to actors like the one playing Moosa than these famous ones.. 

Edited by asmi_joya - 2 years ago
Originally posted by cts22

Samantha was very good, her best performance so far of course the dark make up was weird. But to say her performance was better than Manoj is a an overdrive.

Ashlesha the daughter was much better to be honest. All performances were fantastic

But the family man belongs to Manoj Bajpayee and Sharib, they are epic

Totally agree Manoj and Sharib are epic. I felt their bond was thoda kaam in this season thin. 

Yeah, raji wasn't even close to Moosa ka character of the first season. Man he was brutal and a smooth criminal. 

I felt her make up kept toning down to a shade lighter as the series progressed. 

Raji overshadowed Sajid, or don't know if he was given less ss when with her. 

@red lmao. Jokes aside man that girl is too good and suppa gorgeous too. If there are many more seasons she should grow up and join Tasc. 

Edited by VintageWine - 2 years ago
Originally posted by pathaka

I liked the first season better 

It’s still well written tho...liked Manoj , his friends and priyamani and the kids as usual..liked the humour...liked actors speaking in their own accents 

Samanthas performance felt stoic ..especially when some scenes demanded intensity.. I genuinely don’t get all the jazz abt this 

Huh finally someone who thinks season one was better. 

Second season was quiet thanda for me, mainly because of the over use of Tamil language added to it... Subtitles Mein padhna is not my thing. I get it they were trying to portray the authentication and differentiate btw Chennai Tamil and Sri Lankan Tamil... But jisse kuch samjh hi nahi aata kya farak padta hai 😆. ( hopefully next season Chinese Mein Na Baat karne lag chaiye🤣). 

And Sri and Jk got very less ss together. Actually there wasn't any proper bonding shown btw two ppl unlike last time - btw the kids, btw the colleagues etc.., 

Raji was ok for me... Like am guessing those rebels to be like that and hence she performed cold! 

Edited by VintageWine - 2 years ago

Did you move here from that other Saman tha thread seeing the other thread getting unpalatable due to plastic surgery posts? One shrine was enough though. 

Edited by Galouti - 2 years ago