Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JayaBachan thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

@Bold

We are talking about condemning a terrorist attack, I know speaking against terrorists is speaking against his government but doesn't that explain the whole discussion? In an ideal world, we wouldn't face the problem of state sponsored terrorism but sadly we don't live in one

What excuse does one have for not condemning a terror attack? 

I said the same about celebrities who stayed silent about the genocide of Palestinians. Who stays quiet over genocide? But guess what? People do. Celebrities are much more scared to speak up against their government because their livelihood  depends on it.  

I mean, popular social figures won’t even take a stand against less severe situations, and here we are hoping they’ll go against their government to condemn them over terrorist attacks or genocide. 

Like I said, in an ideal world - I WISH people had more guts to stand for justice. But time and again, I’ve lost faith in humanity. 🤷🏽‍♀️

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

And for that they are not called traitors, antinational and demanded to be deported to some other country and their citizenship is not questioned everytime they open their mouth.....Let SRK speak even one word and he will be called deshdrohi and will be sent to Pakistan....don't compare apples with oranges...India and USA both have their positves and negatives...but they are not same...

I know... And I was not comparing India and USA. It was a general statement

I was reacting to a post that said

Very rarely do you see celebrities speaking out against crimes, especially if it’s against their own government. I’m not saying that it’s a good thing, but rather that I expect this kind of sheep behaviour from them.”

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yess, we have a severe lack of handsome men in Bollywood. Fawad is just sooo dreamy ☺️

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

I said the same about celebrities who stayed silent about the genocide of Palestinians. Who stays quiet over genocide? But guess what? People do. Celebrities are much more scared to speak up against their government because their livelihood  depends on it.  

I mean, popular social figures won’t even take a stand against less severe situations, and here we are hoping they’ll go against their government to condemn them over terrorist attacks or genocide. 

Like I said, in an ideal world - I WISH people had more guts to stand for justice. But time and again, I’ve lost faith in humanity. 🤷🏽‍♀️

When you know that speaking against terrorists is like speaking against Pakistan government then why wonder if Fawad can work here? 

He supports his nation's state sponsored terrorism, good for him, he can stay there and work there. 

Edited by NoraSM - 2 years ago
Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

In an ideal world, I would wish celebrities/social figures would use their platform to condemn heinous actions. But reality is that nobody ever does because of their fear of receiving backlash. Only the common people would try to make a stand against injustice while people of influence remain silent. This is the case with everyone. Very rarely do you see celebrities speaking out against crimes, especially if it’s against their own government. I’m not saying that it’s a good thing, but rather that I expect this kind of sheep behaviour from them.

At the very least, I prefer him being silent about the issue rather than showing support or allegiance because it’s his country. People who openly support crimes just for the sake of patriotism are much worse. Like the saying goes... if you got nothing nice to say, then don’t say anything at all. 

I understand what you mean in general but showing mercy, generosity and humanity will always make you the better person or country. Why stoop to the same level as others? In a world full of darkness and hate, only things that can counteract that is love and brightness. But that’s just my personal opinion on things. I respect your POV too. ☺️

Not allowing celebrities from a country which has sponsored terrorist attacks continuously and consistently since over 60+ years, is not "stooping to their level" in any way. 

Some situations call for a complete cultural boycott, and that's the way it should be. Like I said, no country has the responsibility of always being the humane one despite repeated attacks on their soil. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

No. I can't take Fawad Khan's fans hyping him up like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, everyday on this forum. 

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: MooPoint

No. I can't take Fawad Khan's fans hyping him up like he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, everyday on this forum. 

Maybe if Bollywood had some more manly handsome elegant men instead of ungroomed man child meterosexuals, then Fawad fangirls would have more alternatives. 

Mahisa_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Yeah Trump... And Bush.... People forget how much he was maligned, hated, mocked, criticized by celebrities too on public platforms... (SM wasn’t a thing back then)

(They made him a good guy as soon as Trump got into the pic. 😛)

Bold - That’s why I said only when certain party rules... Or maybe they agree with him on that...

I know right? I can't take it anymore how GWB is suddenly a "good guy" for the media when he was, in fact, a billion times worse than Trump as far as actual crimes and atrocities go. 

CuttingChai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharpener

Maybe if Bollywood had some more manly handsome elegant men instead of ungroomed man child meterosexuals, then Fawad fangirls would have more alternatives. 

What do you mean, you forgot your fav? 😆

Some Very Funny Indian Tvc By ranbir kapoor - YouTube

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Nah Indians don't deserve him.

Yup , we certainly deserve better. 

Fawad is better off in Pakistan.