Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: desigrl05

So idiotic to mix politics with art.  Pakistan has many great talents and so does India,  it would be explosive if they could work together! But alas, since few can't put aside religion and desh bhakti , it's not going to happen, what a waste. 

Bold - No pun intended, right? 

JayaBachan thumbnail

Originally posted by: BettyA1

In America celebrities speak out against their own Gov. & President all the time ( well not all the time, but that’s a diff. topic)... But it’s fairly common and considered fashionable and woke ( when a certain party rules) 

Don’t know about the rest of the western countries

Like who? Trump? 😆 Where are all these so-called wake celebrities who haven’t spoken out against Biden for his support towards Israel. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

Like who? Trump? 😆 Where are all these so-called wake celebrities who haven’t spoken out against Biden for his support towards Israel. 

Yeah Trump... And Bush.... People forget how much he was maligned, hated, mocked, criticized by celebrities too on public platforms... (SM wasn’t a thing back then)

(They made him a good guy as soon as Trump got into the pic. 😛)

Bold - That’s why I said only when certain party rules... Or maybe they agree with him on that...

JayaBachan thumbnail

Yeah Trump... And Bush.... People forget how much he was maligned, hated, mocked, criticized by celebrities too on public platforms... (SM wasn’t a thing back then)

(They made him a good guy as soon as Trump got into the pic. 😛)

Bold - That’s why I said only when certain party rules... Or maybe they agree with him on that...

They’ll only selectively choose who to talk against and depends on the controversial factor. Some celebrities who did post against Israel either deleted the post or retracted their statement. 

Trump was safe since majority hated him. Obama who committed just as much atrocities was never called out because he was more “charming and charismatic”. These celebrities are like a flock of sheep, they’ll follow where the majority goes. 

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AwaamKiJaan

No, Pakistani artists shouldn't be allowed to work in India. Infact India shouldn't have any relation with Pakistan. 

Like 🥔 said,

You need to change this mentality then. Your 'watan' is nothing more than a border made by the so called stakeholders for the world. Put your family, close ones, people's character over a country and that is not just for India but every other country. Take this forum for example, a lot of members here live in different countries around the world while most of them are desis. You can change your country but not the people you value.

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrustNo1

Can Indians work in Pakistan? 

Yeah they can. A loot of media production crew members who work there are from India and some models work there as well for the designers like Faraz Manan, Asim Jofa etc. Some actors worked in the movies too but no high profile ones.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

No . No ties at all , enough .

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: FingerFetish

In an ideal world, I would wish celebrities/social figures would use their platform to condemn heinous actions. But reality is that nobody ever does because of their fear of receiving backlash. Only the common people would try to make a stand against injustice while people of influence remain silent. This is the case with everyone. Very rarely do you see celebrities speaking out against crimes, especially if it’s against their own government. I’m not saying that it’s a good thing, but rather that I expect this kind of sheep behaviour from them.

At the very least, I prefer him being silent about the issue rather than showing support or allegiance because it’s his country. People who openly support crimes just for the sake of patriotism are much worse. Like the saying goes... if you got nothing nice to say, then don’t say anything at all. 

I understand what you mean in general but showing mercy, generosity and humanity will always make you the better person or country. Why stoop to the same level as others? In a world full of darkness and hate, only things that can counteract that is love and brightness. But that’s just my personal opinion on things. I respect your POV too. ☺️

@Bold

We are talking about condemning a terrorist attack, I know speaking against terrorists is speaking against his government but doesn't that explain the whole discussion? In an ideal world, we wouldn't face the problem of state sponsored terrorism but sadly we don't live in one

What excuse does one have for not condemning a terror attack? 

Edited by NoraSM - 2 years ago
PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: InspectorShirke

You need to change this mentality then. Your 'watan' is nothing more than a border made by the so called stakeholders for the world. Put your family, close ones, people's character over a country and that is not just for India but every other country. Take this forum for example, a lot of members here live in different countries around the world while most of them are desis. You can change your country but not the people you value.

Nope, nothing should come before your country in my opinion. Living in harmony with everyone is one thing, but when it comes to choosing one over the other, your country should always be the first priority. 

You can afford betraying your family or loved ones, because when you do that, it only effects them and you. But when you betray your country, it somehow effects everyone who lives in it. A nation is always bigger than your family and friends. 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

In America celebrities speak out against their own Gov. & President all the time ( well not all the time, but that’s a diff. topic)... But it’s fairly common and considered fashionable and woke ( when a certain party rules) 

Don’t know about the rest of the western countries

And for that they are not called traitors, antinational and demanded to be deported to some other country and their citizenship is not questioned everytime they open their mouth.....Let SRK speak even one word and he will be called deshdrohi and will be sent to Pakistan....don't compare apples with oranges...India and USA both have their positves and negatives...but they are not same...