Sevenstreaks thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: Radiant_Eyes_

Hello Foodies 😎

Khamma Ghani Image

I will  introduce you to few Rajasthani Sweets 😳

So let’s start 😎

Padharo  Mhare Des !! Image

1. Mawa Kachori-can be found in many forms and variations across India, and Mawa Kachori are one of the most delicious versions. Made from maida (all-purpose flour), mawa and ghee, they are infused with dried fruits, crushed cardamom, almonds and pistachios, and then deep fried and dipped in sugar syrup. It’s a toothsome dessert that you can also make at home.Image
  2. Doodhiya Keech-Made with hulled wheat, milk, saffron, sugar, dried fruits and nuts, Doodhiya Kheech has a delightfully subtle flavour, which will leave you craving for more.Image
  3. Rabdi  -Rabdi is a dish made by boiling milk for a long time till it becomes dense. It is then mixed with sugar and nuts.Image
  4. Feeni-Feeni is a crispy winter season’s dessert of Jaipur. It is thin vermicelli fried in ghee which is dipped in sweet sugar syrup. Feeni has a flavor of saffron in it and usually, it is mixed with hot milk.Image Every year  we have  Feeni with Gheewar for Makar Sankranti ❤️ And distribute to family members too ✨Gheewar -Known as a quintessentially Rajasthani classic, Ghevar is made from refined flour, ghee and milk, and soaked in sugar syrup. It’s especially delicious when served with rabri on top (thickened sweetened milk).Image (Rashi has posted Gheewar so scrapped it off  but if anyone wants to read info on Gheewar pls do 😊)
  5. Churma -made from whole wheat flour, milk, jaggery, semolina, cardamom powder and poppy seeds. There are a range of customisations that can be made, such as adding coconut and sesame seeds, or using gram flour instead of wheat flour – either is delicious! You’ll discover delicious variations of the sweetImage
  6. Kalakand Aka Milk cake-Originating in Alwar, one of the oldest kingdoms of Rajasthan, Kalakand are fudgy blocks made from a rich mixture of sweetened milk and paneer (soft Indian cottage cheese), topped with saffron and nuts. Soft both inside and outside, this delectable confection will satiate even the sweetest sweet tooth. Available in many flavours now Image
  7. Imarti-This dessert is somewhat similar to a funnel cake. It is prepared by deep-frying black gram flour batter in round flower-like shapes and then dousing in sugar syrup, while they’re still hot. It is dry on the outside and deliciously gooey on the inside.Image
  8. Mohantaal -is made by roasting besan (gram flour) and mawa in copious amount of ghee. Sugar syrup is poured over the gram flour mixture and allowed to set. Once it sets, cardamom and chopped dried fruits are sprinkled on. This fudgy confection is cut into squares, and has a chewy texture with sweet grainy flavour.Image
  9. Balu shahi ImageI will add Mumbai’s special sweets too 😳  ❤️
  1. Bombay Ice Halwa-Bombay ice halwa, also known as paper halwa, is a popular Bombay specialty sweet topped with chopped dry fruits. This sweet dish is much easy and simple to make with just few ingredients such as milk, semolina (rawa), clarified butter (ghee) and sugar. The cooking process is simple but it requires 4 – 5 hours to set.ImageImageImage
  2. Modak-Modak is one of the most famous sweet dishes of Mumbai. It’s a sweet dumpling that also serves as the prasad (religious offering) during famous Ganesh Chaturthi in Mumbai. There are several varieties of Modaks available in Mumbai. But nothing beats the home made ones. Do give them a try.ImageImageImage

Ok That’s it 

Bye 🏃‍♀️

Hope you enjoy it 🦋

My mouth is watering now .. seriously  😄😂😂😂

Ice Halwa seems interesting 

I guess Balushahi and Badhushah is similar and also Imarti and Jhangiri 😳

I love how u ve added explanations as well ❤️

Edited by Sevenstreaks - 2 years ago
Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Thanks for d thread @Hinna ❤️

DailyTalk thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

All foods are yummies and getting full in my tummies 

Abb mera pet dhukh raha hai 😭

Maine kya karu u u u ☺️

Edited by DailyTalk - 2 years ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheGladiator

Anyone who has not done the A-Z food challenge, want to do it? 😆

M sorry SK, but coz of the cyclone, my net's pretty rough (Darshi can back me up here😆) so can I sit this one out, next time pakka aaungi dishes leke😆

Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

What lovely menus 

I literally want to have everything right now and it’s 9:30. AM😆

Soni!!! Making way for platters with such amazing choices. Loved them all, dil ko sukoooon mile  Haven’t I already told you that you have great choices, indeed!😍😋

SK, you have had a variety of desserts while I am really choosy about them 😳 chocolate Swiss roll is bae!! But I do feel like trying all the ones you’ve posted 

Asfia, the menu is mouth watering.😋😋 Bengali sweets have my whole heart! This is also like a sweet cum mini laddoo platter ☺️

Rashiii, omg my fav sweets right in there. Kaju katli❤️ Jalebi, besan ke ladoo😍😍 I am going to finish it off and not let anyone even taste it 🤣

I’m going to catch SK with all that he is running away with and grab them 😭😭😂😋

Sakshi☺️ The Rajasthani + Mumbai platter is all I need. Still remember going for a IV to Rajasthan and just hogging all their sweets 😆 yeh sab khana hai mujhe plus if that’s the way I’m getting an welcome with DPs dance, why not

Savera84 thumbnail

Hi, My favourite foods from your menu are Dry fruits and nuts Milkshake, Green Apple Mojito, Ginger Candy, Oats Dosa, Vanjaram meen polichathu, Wheat Berry fruit Salad and Zucchini Fritters 

Cheers....

Savera84 thumbnail

Hi, My favourite food items in your menu are Chicken Biryani, Fish Curry, Hakka Noodles, Ilish Bhaja (Hilsha Fry), Sheek Kebab and Ucche bhaja (Bitter Gourd Fry).

I grew up on fish, both river and sea.  I can have bitter gourd curry in any form (not raw thoughsmiley1).  Stuffed, fried, baked and cooked in tamarind water.

Cheers.....

AppleOfEye thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 7

Guys, iss CC ka Title edit karke Sweet tooth challenge rakh do 

A-Z challenge was for last CC❤️

This one is of STC

Savera84 thumbnail

Anmol, My favourite food items from your menu are Aloo Gobi, Dumplings, Omelette, Potato Salad, Risotto and Upon Noodles

Cheers.....