mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Have started watching Pagglait and am about halfway through the movie, and I know there's a separate thread on it, but I do feel Sanya deserves a separate thread just on the strength of her performance. I mean, she's freaking awesome in the movie! The way she emotes is so authentic and real and convincing...you immediately connect to her character.

I think she is a phenomenal actor and there's something so endearing about her. She does complete justice to the character arc and the emotions she portrays are rooted in realism. She doesn't go overboard even once, is restrained and subtle throughout.

Sanya is actually a gift to the industry, and though underrated, I'm sure she will grow from strength to strength and garner more and more critical acclaim. Sadly, I don't think Indian audiences are ready to accept her as a commercial heroine, and that maybe because of her offbeat persona/looks. I may be wrong, but mainstream audiences warm upto a lacklustre Janhvi Kapoor more easily than an uninhibited display of authenticity which is Sanya.

Sanya, Tripti, Mrunal...these girls have so much potential.

Thoughts???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

She did so much justice to the role. Very few could've pulled this off and she did it beautifully. I'm glad she got to play this character.

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Are didi pehle movie tho complete Karo

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: TrustNo1

Are didi pehle movie tho complete Karo

Yeah I couldn't help it she was that good that I had to make a thread based on whatever I have watched so far!

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I agree with everything you said Minty. Sanya is a phenomenal actor👏

Tbh, I don't even think she has a offbeat persona/looks. She CAN look stunning (given the right grooming/style) and is quite capable of doing the whole commercial "heroine" thing. It is just she hasn't got the opportunity to do that yet. OR maybe she doesn't want to do that. In either case, she is way better than Ananya/Jhanvi/Sara.

Sanya seems to be going the Vidya Balan way i.e, she is working to garner credibility/acclaim as an actress👍🏼, and NOT as a star/mode because that route only gets you Instagram followers, ads & flowerpot roles😵

Hope she keeps getting big opportunities and makes it big like Vidya. She is so easy on the eyes too.

mintyblue thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

I agree with everything you said Minty. Sanya is a phenomenal actor👏

Tbh, I don't even think she has a offbeat persona/looks. She CAN look stunning (given the right grooming/style) and is quite capable of doing the whole commercial "heroine" thing. It is just she hasn't got the opportunity to do that yet. OR maybe she doesn't want to do that. In either case, she is way better than Ananya/Jhanvi/Sara.

Sanya seems to be going the Vidya Balan way i.e, she is working to garner credibility/acclaim as an actress👍🏼, and NOT as a star/mode because that route only gets you Instagram followers, ads & flowerpot roles😵

Hope she keeps getting big opportunities and makes it big like Vidya. She is so easy on the eyes too.

Couldn't agree more❤️

As usual, you captured it in a nutshell🤗

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

In that case, I need to watch Pagglait. 😊

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

She is pretty and is awesome on screen Hope she gets more commercial work in th future, she was serioulsy underused in Dangal and Badhai ho

Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

She is natural. Loved her in Shakuntaladevi too. Pagglait was tolerable only bcuz of her.

sidnilove thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I absolutely love watching actors slip into characters and become those characters. Sanya slipped into Sandhya's role and made it her own. So natural and looked so effortless. It's not an easy role and the character goes through so much but Sanya pulled it off. I loved her in the film and I loved the whole cast. Brilliant work.