Was Taapsee deserving of the Filmfare award?

Posted: 3 years ago

I think she totally deserved it. it was an earnest, sincere and heart-wrenching performance, with just the right tonality.

And Thappad is a beautiful movie with a strong message - do try re-watching it once again.

Originally posted by TheSpicySay

I couldn’t even watch Thappad.  

Was she deserving of the Filmfare award?

You didn't even deserve to watch the film.

She was fantastic. I had issues with the pacing of the film- it could've been better but she was pitch perfect.

Where was the competition at all?

Hardly few films came which were noticed in first half of 2020

In that from the Garbage served this one was better i guess. Though i dont like the film at all and Tapsee as an actress too. I could only like her in Baby and Naam Shabana.

Edited by Alpha_Ka_Gamma - 2 years ago

She was BRILLIANT

after she won..i got intrigued to see the movie and what a solid performance..after manmarziyan..badla..this one is another gem..and she nails it so so well..such a mature performer..her naunces as real as real gets..

she is what the likes of parineeti should see and take notes from..this is called acting..

Hell yes. It was long overdue! She was beyond amazing in Badla too, but she was ignored in favour of Alia for Gully Boy 🤢 (Alia was fine, but it was not an award worthy performance).

Taapsee has been giving back to back great performances in good films. It was about time she was acknowledged.

Thappad is a brilliant film and I absolutely loved it. Taapsee deserved it. She made Amrita so memorable for me.

I personally never found her interesting to watch, she has a very boring screen presence. Pair her with someone with bigger screen presence and you will barely notice her. I haven't seen Thappad so can't say if she deserved it but the competition this year was very poor.. Who would have won it of not her? I liked Panga and Kangu was as good as usual but at this point, for the kind of person she has proven to be I don't think she deserves anything good from this industry. 

Yes. Best actress doesn't just go to the best actress, it goes to whoever had the best role that they ended up playing very well. Thappad was a very good movie and she had one of the best roles, not just for this year but last few years combined. Even if other movies had released last year I feel Taapsee would've at least won something. If not this one then critics best actress. She already has one of those. 

I don't understand how Tripti wasn't nominated for Bulbbul though. She did an amazing job in that movie. Not just her but other aspects of that movie was absolutely award worthy, like cinematography. So I don't understand the snub.