Superb update 

Their heart-to-heart conversation and late night coffee date is so

Please update soon 

thank you so much

glad you liked it

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 3 years ago

Extremely sorry for the late update again. Dont be too angry. Enjoy the update. Hope it will make you happy.

Part 7

Sai’s pov

Sometimes these orthodox values of Chavans get on my nerves. I thought such people existed only in regressive tv shows but NO, here is the example of toxic culture in front of my eyes, The Chavans.

Like seriously! Its 21stcentury. Were these people living under a rock or what? My result came just few days ago, I topped the state. I am not praising myself but hey...its a huge thing. If my aaba would have been alive then he would have probably danced in whole Gadhchiroli with happiness and these people...except aai and shivani bua rest of them behaved as if they dont give a damn to what I do. I tolerated their indifference because these people hardly matter to me but today they stopped me from going for my admission. This was just unacceptable. So I replied back in my way, the straightforward way which they refer as my jwalamukhi avtar for some odd reasons.

I replied to each and every accusations, questions, objections they threw in my way. To take admission in a medical college is my dream. I married Virat sir only for this dream. I am bearing these 1st century BC mindset people only for my dream and they are saying that I cant pursue it. Hell No! I will do whatever it will take to become a doctor even if it includes walking out of this house and marriage.

Virat’s pov

Every father is hero for his child. Children grow idolizing their elders. But once you grow up, there are some moments when you realize that your elders are not exactly the idols you used to see in them. The moment when baba, kaku and other elders stopped Sai from going college, I realized this was that moment for me. It was shocking for me. They never objected for my or any of my brother’s higher studies. I thought my elders believed in equality. They were old school but understanding people. Today they shattered my belief.

One more shocking revelation was made by aai when she told how baba and kaku stopped her from pursuing higher studies just because she was daughter in law of the house. So, this injustice had been going on since many years. May be because Samrat and I was always away from the house due to boarding schools and academic training, we never came across this sick mindset of the family. But today as I am facing it for the first time and that too when its directed towards Sai, whose only dream is to become doctor, I couldn’t stay quiet.

Sai’s pov

To be honest I thought Gabbar will shout at me for replying back to the elders but he surprised me when he supported me openly.

“Kis zamane men jee rahe hain aap log? Duniya kaha ki kaha pahuch gayi aur aap log abhi bhi wahi purani soch, ladke ladki, bête-bahu  ke fark, mein vishwas rakhte hain?” Virat sir said.

“Yayy! Virat sir, standing up for me...look at him. My hero.” My inner voice blinked eyes rapidly as she admired Virat sir.

“Ok, he is supporting you. He is sensible guy. Nothing more than that.” I sternly reminded her.

“Lagta hai aap log bhul gaye ki maine Sai se shadi hi isliye ki thi ki uske sapne pure ho sake aur main apna vaada pura karke rahunga.” Virat sir said directly looking at kaku.

“Come on, my hero. Yes, you can do it. Go ahead and show the mirror to kaku. Show them who is the real Chavan.” My inner voice cheered silently with popcorns in hand.

“Calm down, will you? Its serious family dispute going on here not some movie scene.” I scolded my inner conscience.

“Sai ka sapna pura karna mera maksad hai. Iske aaba ne apni jaan dekar meri jaan bachai hai to unhe diya gaya vaada mere liye sabse bada hai...meri jaan se bhi jyada bada. Aur agar ye vaada pura karne ke liye mujhe ye ghar chhodna bhi pada to main wo bhi karne ko taiyyar hoon.” Virat sir said with finality thereby ending the argument because of course kaku and the gang wont be willing to part ways with their chaheeta beta.

We went out. He was holding my hand. I knew the situation was tensed and I should not have make anything else out of it but the way he held my hand and we walked out...it felt like my heart has swelled up with pride and...and some other emotion...I cant name it right now but it felt so good. And those words...his words kept repeating in my mind for some time and something changed in my heart. The man who is willing to leave his beloved family for me. Me? I am just his deal wali wife. He believes  so passionately in my dream. He wants to sacrifice his happiness just to honour the promise made to my aaba. He is no ordinary man.

“Accept it. You are falling for him.” My inner voice challenged me.

“Huh! Love? Me? No way.”I replied back in attitude.

“Pyar toh hona hi tha...” My inner voice sang teasing me.

“Shut up or else it wont be nice.” I threatened her.

Virat’s pov

After much drama and debate I was finally successful in convincing everyone about Sai’s admission. Well, not convinced actually but they accepted defeat in arguments. I took Sai for the admission and I observed that she was lost in her thoughts. I was about to ask her what is she thinking when she started smiling totally unaware that I was watching her. Then slowly her cheeks turned pinks as if she is caught for something. I was wondering whats going on when I heard her-

“Shut up or else it wont be nice.” She said in a very hushed voice but I still heard it.

When I asked her what happened, she was even more embarrassed and tried to avoid the topic. I think she was talking to herself again and just blurted out few words aloud. Hey, did I mention it before, she talks to herself so much. I have often caught her moving her lips but not saying anything and lost in thoughts. I find this habit cute. I also have these heart versus mind battles but I dont think I talk to myself.

And as if on a cue my heart urged me, “Why dont you tell her that she is cute? You should compliment her more often.”

“No, what if she takes it in wrong way?” My mind argued.

Sai’s pov

We completed all the formalities of my admission yesterday and today is my first day of college. I am so excited. I woke up early and searched through my cupboard for at least half n hour to find the perfect dress but couldn’t. For any teenager, I am 19, just to remind you again, so yes, I am an excited teenager, dying to attend college and its my first day so yes, its a big deal for me.

So, I was trying to find the perfect dress for the day. I went through all the Jeans, skirts, legging kurta combo when the sad reality hit me. Who am I kidding? The elder Chavans wont let me wear any of these. All my excitement instantly vanished into thin air. Ever since I have come here I have wore nothing except sarees and heavy suits. But these dresses are not suitable for college. If I wear these dresses then probably everyone will make fun of me. Here in the house, only Shivani bua dresses in modern way and she receives lots of flak for her choice. After lots of efforts Virat sir managed to convince everyone for my admission now I dont want to create any scene again on the issue of dresses.

I sighed and sadly took out less blingy and gaudy salwar suit to wear. I was about to go in the washroom to change when aai came and closed my eyes with her hands.

“What are you doing aai?” I asked.

“There is a surprise fory ou balaa.” She said in her sing song voice.

She took me in front of mirror then removed her hand from my eyes. I slowly opened them to see myelf standing in front of mirror and aai was holding a beautiful dress in front of me, a pair of traditional print top and long skirt.

“Aaj college ka pehla din hai. Meri Sai ban than ke jayegi aaj. Aise thode hi na jaane dungi.” She said when I looked at her with questioning eyes.

I observed how the dress was decent enough so that no one from the house can take objection and how fashionable yet comfortable it looks.

“I couldn’t fulfill my dream but I will support you in every way to fulfill yours. Go, live your dream to the fullest.” Aai said as she caressed my hair and my eyes moistened immediately. She was really my mother. I hugged her in response.

Virat’s pov

This girl sometimes really irritates me. Its her first day of college and she is gonna be late. First, she argued with me that she will go all by herself inspite of my insistence that its the first day and she doesn’t know the city well so let me drop her for today. After some half n hour I finally convince her now she is in the washroom, getting ready. Its been almost one hour, she still hasnt come out. Why girls take so much time to get ready?

I was blabbering in anger and walking in the room when Sai finally came out. I forgot what I was thinking for few seconds when I looked at her.

“Wow, she is looking beautiful. That dress...from where did she got it? F**k it! I dont care. She should wear such dresses more often.” My heart said when I kept looking at her for good few minutes.

“Ab tumhe der nahi ho rahi Virat Chavan? Stop staring at her.” My mind brought me to reality.

During the whole journey from house to college, I kept stealing glances at her. She is looking different. Much more girly...like she used to look in Gadhchiroli. Carefree and enthusiastic. Why not? Its the first day of her college after all and she is just 19. The untimely death of her aaba and unwanted responsibility of being a daughter in law of Chavans has took away that insouciant nature from her.

Lost in my thoughts and in her beauty I was about to bypass the college when she asked me to stop.

“Arre Virat sir, college ka gate to pichhe reh gaya.” She shouted.

I immediately applied brake as I noticed that she was right. “Sorry, I’ll take reverse.”

“Huh...actually....rehne dijiye na. I mean its ok. Main yahi utar jaati hoon. Aap bekar mein reverse lenge. Aapko bhi to late ho raha hoga na. Aap jaiye.” She said.

I read a hesitation in her voice. “Its ok Sai, I will drop you at the gate.” I replied.

“No, its ok. Its totally fine. I will go on my own from here.” She said and quickly jumped out the car.

Now I doubted there was something else going in her mind.

Sai’s pov

Virat sir by mistake only managed to stop the car a little far away from college gate. When he offered to take reverse I stopped him. I realized it would look odd if I step out of his police car. I am fresher. I dont want unwanted attention on the very first day. But looks like he understood whats going in my mind.

“So you dont want to tell anyone that you are a police officer’s wife.” Virat sir asked as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

I looked here and there thinking how to explain this to him when he fired another question. “Hey! Where is your mangalsutra?”

I had barely opened my mouth to answer when he asked another question and I felt like I was under some interrogation. “You have not even put sindoor today. Are you ashamed of me Sai? Are you ashamed of our marriage?” Virat sir asked and I could see he was hurt but I was angry too with all these questions.

“Sindoor doesn’t go with this dress and here is my mangalsutra.” I showed him the wedding chain which was not visible due to my matching scarf that I was wearing.

“Why you are even asking such questions? Do you have any doubt on me or you want to label me as your wife?” I asked getting angry.

Virat’s pov

“Label her as my wife? Is she mad to ask such question? I just asked what I noticed.” I repeated in my mind.

“Oh come on you little control freak typical husband, you want others to know that she is taken. She is looking so beautiful. You dont want unwanted pest around your beautiful flower.” My heart caught me.

“No, its not like that. I am progressive. I am not insecure husband.” My mind tried to reason.

“Huh! Give these excuses to someone naive like Sai. I am your heart. I know what you feel? Why you feel and for whom you feel?” My heart challenged me.

Sai waved her hand in front of me and brought me out of my thoughts. She was still glaring me as she still didn’t get her answer.

“I...wo...jaane bhi do na Sai. You are looking different na thats why I asked. You should go now. You are getting late.” I replied and sat back in car before she could grill me again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be continued....

precap- Jealous Virat and Sairat getting more physically attracted to each other.

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

tagging few to them know

404_NotFound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Lovely ... this was very good especially the mangalsutra part . I can’t wait to see what happens next . 

Another beautiful chapter! So sweet of aai to gift a new outfit for first day of college. Virat toh kaafi possessive nikla... hopefully he wont go overboard! Look forward to the next chapter! 

Shristhi2002 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Absolutely loved the Chapter. Everything was so beautiful and perfect. It was fabulous. Especially Aai and thier pov was amazing. ❤

Pls,do continue soon❤

And thankyou for tagging me🤗

sairat07 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

After a long time...!! I must say that their inner voice is much interesting to 😁😁hear !! Virat being insecure was the best part though he didn't accept... The whole update was very nice. Especially the part where Ashwini brought dress for her DIL...Please continue soon💜... Very eager to read further after reading the precap😄😄

linakusharberry thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

wow awesome update 

loved it 

finally virat get to see a bit of how his families mindset is 

iam loving this heart v/s mind convo its kind of cute 

oh i see some is getting quite possessive 

waiting for ur next update and thanks for tagging me 

AninditaB thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I totally loved this update!! Sairat getting closer with each other and getting physically attracted too. Virat finally saw his family's mindset and behaviour. Totally a good one!!

Mahibeejay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved how Virat took stand for Sai...also he realised his family’s Stone Age mentality...I liked how at least in your story Aai realise about Sai’s appropriate cloths for her age specially for college...thank you so much for amazing update...please keep writing and updating soon...👍🏻