Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: zehreeli.kheer

Out of sheer curiosity, who exactly is gonna be given the award? 

The source apparently didn't specify that... Wait for the next episode of "Let's shit on SSR" 

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: ninny

The source apparently didn't specify that... Wait for the next episode of "Let's shit on SSR" 

Technically this really doesn't have anything to do with SSR but more with the rationale of those who came up with this idea.. assuming it to he true ofcourse

simrata thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

isnt it like glorifying suicide???

No, I think they want to show that ACTING is an Art and not necessary only 10 -12 fail or pass can go for it even higher educational people could also take an interest and if their talent polished well they could take it as a career,  as SSR did

Anyways the news is not confirmed and could be turn into a rumour, 

Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: -sim-

No, I think they want to show that ACTING is an Art and not necessary only 10 -12 fail or pass can go for it even higher educational people could also take an interest and if their talent polished well they could take it as a career,  as SSR did

Anyways the news is not confirmed and could be turn into a rumour, 

That does not make sense at all

Sushant wasn't an all rounder by any means.. even if we stretch the boundaries to breaking points.. and as if any award ceremony will differentiate between self-made actors and those born in filmy families. 

"Self-made debut of the year" was just an idea I was throwing out there, to make a point that there are many ways to go about it if they indeed come up with an award. It wasn't the actual point by its very nature. 

Divya Bharti actually had a record to her name.. she filmed many movies despite her short career

Sushant, foregoing his tragic death had a pretty much average career.. Awards should be based on contribution to the relevant field not the end of a tragic life.. yes..his death was extremely tragic.. yes, his death stirred emotions.. but none of that can change the fact that he was an average actor who still had loads to improve in every department.. naming an acting award after him is actually a mockery of all those legends who passed before him and yet didn't get the same level of honor

I won't go into what I think of SSR as an actor cuz that is subjective and I'm not interested in "proving" his mettle as an actor to someone who clearly doesn't think so. But I beg to differ with the rest. Firstly, honoring one actor isn't equivalent to mocking the rest. Honoring a dead artist is also not only based on cold, hard facts, number of movies and revenues their movies generated while they were alive. If that was the case, we wouldn't have so many people awarded posthumously despite not getting their dues while alive. Awards can be created over something abstract to honor public sentiment as well if there is a compelling enough reason. Honoring SSR calls attention not just to his work but also his personal circumstances and how many lives he had managed to touch. It's situational and specific to him. So much money is lavished on propping up useless politicians and actors who are full of hot air, commemorating SSR/honoring him as an actor and providing a bit of closure to his family and all those who mourn his death is actually a noble cause in comparison to that. 

That said, I agree with whoever is saying that a scholarship is a far better idea.. cuz that would at least help some kids get through school/college and it was something SSR was passionate about as well.

Edited by Mo0nLighting - 3 years ago

Originally posted by: ninny

Lol what bubble?? I don't have any "gang" here.. I also don't take sadistic pleasure in making fun of a dead guy unlike some here... Anyway leave it you very well know what you are doing and what  your intentions are

The Muppets Television GIF by Head Like an Orange

simrata thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

That does not make sense at all

If talent, Acting, Higher education, awards nothing makes sense to you then what makes you sense suicide, suicide and only suicide ???

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Technically this really doesn't have anything to do with SSR but more with the rationale of those who came up with this idea.. assuming it to he true ofcourse

But who is being discussed here?.. Everything from his achievements and acting career and even his suicide will be scrutinised because some idiot decided to come up with this article and only God knows how much truth is here.. Post this on SM and see who will be trolled.... definitely not the one who came up with this idea. 

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

If you can have every second thing in the country named after the Gandhis and Nehrus why not an award named after Sushant 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

isnt it like glorifying suicide???

That is exactly what I thought - for people on the edge of suicidal tendencies, this can easily act as a catalyst to justify their decision to take their lives - Atleast marne ke baad toh I will be appreciated

If this news is true, then this would be really DUMB