Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Indian Govt plans to honour SSR by naming a National Award after him - Page 5

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

This content was originally posted by: -RD-

If you can have every second thing in the country named after the Gandhis and Nehrus why not an award named after Sushant 

What did SSR achieve in any field, to have an award named after him? He did a few decent movies

Why not name an award after Irrfan, who actual made 1000 times more impact than SSR and took India to global levels? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

This content was originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

What did SSR achieve in any field, to have an award named after him? He did a few decent movies

Why not name an award after Irrfan, who actual made 1000 times more impact than SSR and took India to global levels? 

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1118444045/So_Damn_True_400x400.jpg

BTW Answering my own question, on why SSR and not anyone else

POLITICS - brownie points

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 3 years ago
Agni_Jytsona thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9

This content was originally posted by: -RD-

If you can have every second thing in the country named after the Gandhis and Nehrus why not an award named after Sushant 

Are we really going to compare ssr to Gandhi and Nehru now like seriously!!!??!!!!

ninny thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: Mo0nLighting

I won't go into what I think of SSR as an actor cuz that is subjective and I'm not interested in "proving" his mettle as an actor to someone who clearly doesn't think so. But I beg to differ with the rest. Firstly, honoring one actor isn't equivalent to mocking the rest. Honoring a dead artist is also not only based on cold, hard facts, number of movies and revenues their movies generated while they were alive. If that was the case, we wouldn't have so many people awarded posthumously despite not getting their dues while alive. Awards can be created over something abstract to honor public sentiment as well if there is a compelling enough reason. Honoring SSR calls attention not just to his work but also his personal circumstances and how many lives he had managed to touch. It's situational and specific to him. So much money is lavished on propping up useless politicians and actors who are full of hot air, commemorating SSR/honoring him as an actor and providing a bit of closure to his family and all those who mourn his death is actually a noble cause in comparison to that. 

That said, I agree with whoever is saying that a scholarship is a far better idea.. cuz that would at least help some kids get through school/college and it was something SSR was passionate about as well.

I guess his US sister started this scholarship for students interested in astrophysics on his name.. I hope his friends or people he called "team" come up with something similar as he was really passionate about child education.. I don't know why things didn't materialised the way he wanted and why even his sending kids to NASA programme also didn't continue after a year.. I wish someone could continue that.. But that surely won't be discussed like this Circus is.. Like I have previously mentioned people here are just looking for some fun so they can have an excuse to mock him.. Believe me, have been seeing this pattern for quite sometime on this forum. 

Edited by ninny - 3 years ago

BTW Answering my own question, on why SSR and not anyone else

POLITICS - brownie points

Also no offence but Sushant was a below average actor with below average looks and even as a performer, he was no great shakes because man....he would always mumble like a prohttps://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/57028/1536259085.4986-smiley.gif Pathetic dialogue delivery!

Mark my words....if SSR was a star kid, then he would've been trolled even more viciously than someone like Arjun Kapoor because he was THAT bad! But no... just because he was a so-called outsider, he tends to get sympathetic reactions from the usual suspects  https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/57028/1536259085.6227-smiley.gif And they are always willing to overlook his major flaws as a performer for obvious reasons! Biased much?

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Deviant_Pixel

It would make far more sense to create a fund for a cause he was passionate about rather than a lame award. 

this! by no means should SSR be remembered just for his acting. He was so passionate about science/space, and helping those who needed it. It would have been super to take forward his aim to send select kids to nasa summer camp each year or lend his name to another one of his causes.

Also, irfan and rishi were more accomplished given they spent more time in BW and have longer varied body of work. 

This content was originally posted by: Koviljika34

Also no offence but Sushant was a below average actor with below average looks and even as a performer, he was no great shakes because man....he would always mumble like a prohttps://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/57028/1536259085.4986-smiley.gif Pathetic dialogue delivery!

Mark my words....if SSR was a star kid, then he would've been trolled even more viciously than someone like Arjun Kapoor because he was THAT bad! But no... just because he was a so-called outsider, he tends to get sympathetic reactions from the usual suspects  https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/57028/1536259085.6227-smiley.gif And they are always willing to overlook his major flaws as a performer for obvious reasons! Biased much?

What you say is true to an extent - his dialogue delivery was his weakest suit and he wasn't a great dancer either. 

IMO He was decent actor who usually picked very good roles and amongst his peer group was definitely above average. I don't mind him getting the benefit of doubt because he was an outsider either, because obviously his struggle would be at a different level as compared to the Bollywood kids, for many of whom this would be a walk in the park as long as they DIET and look good (and there too, they have a lot of help an support). 

It does level the playing field to an extent and I am all for it.

What I have a problem with is various agencies using his death and his name to their political advantage, and people (esp his fans) getting carried away blindly by such empty gestures. It is so obvious that the Bihar govt with this help of his family made him into a election agenda. This move of naming an award after him (if true) is on the same lines. It is not going to do anything for the real strugglers or for mental health, which are the main issues

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Thats the point of my point of my post u necessarily dont have to achieve anything to have something named after u 

-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

This content was originally posted by: Krishnapanchali

Are we really going to compare ssr to Gandhi and Nehru now like seriously!!!??!!!!

My ref was to the likes of Rajiv Gandhi etc nepotism products zero achievements yet half the things in the country named after them if it can be him and his name for a sports award like khel ratna why not ssr for a film award ...merit  achievement was never the basis 

Edited by -RD- - 3 years ago