Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Flashback: What happened on Chalte Chalte sets?

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Can someone elaborate, please?

I remember Aishwarya and SRK were shooting for Chalte Chalte, and Salman showed up in a drunken stupor and accused SRK of having an affair with Ash. Then he created a ruckus and Ash had to bear the brunt of that, as SRK replaced her with Rani. That was also the end of SRK-Ash friendship and Rani-Ash friendship.

Is my version of events correct?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail

Yes. SRK later replaced Ash from Beer Zaara also.

Aegon thumbnail

SRK and Salman had a huge argument, Aish left the set in Salman's car after SRK fought with Salman for her which angered SRK and he stopped working with Aish, he was doing Munna Bhai MBBS with Aish too, he left the movie after this fight, Vidu's wife Anupama started writing against SRK

This is the version, I know 

Edited by Aegon - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Salman showed up and caused a scene. Then drive his car into part of the set. Wrecking it. After this Srk replaced aish with rani. Aish was also taken out of consideration of veer Zara and Mangal Pandey

^ that being said I have my doubts any of this really happened. Bhai is a teddy bear ♥️ 😆

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: mintyblue

Can someone elaborate, please?

I remember Aishwarya and SRK were shooting for Chalte Chalte, and Salman showed up in a drunken stupor and accused SRK of having an affair with Ash. Then he created a ruckus and Ash had to bear the brunt of that, as SRK replaced her with Rani. That was also the end of SRK-Ash friendship and Rani-Ash friendship.

Is my version of events correct?

YES

Originally posted by: Aegon

SRK and Salman had a huge argument, Aish left the set in Salman's car after SRK fought with Salman for her which angered SRK and he stopped working with Aish, he was doing Munna Bhai MBBS with Aish too, he left the movie after this fight, Vidu's wife Anupama started writing against SRK

This is the version, I know 

NO

-

My gawd, I thought I'd heard everything when it comes to this incident, but "SRK fought for Aish" is LOLOLOL not what happened. At all. 

I understand, as a fan, you want to create a dream-version of events but no, it's transparent.

What SRK did was a p*ssy move. Instead of STANDING UP to Salman, he decided to remove Aishwarya from the project and roped in her best friend Rani through the backdoor.

We are NOT about to rewrite history y'all(!!!) FFS

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

FilmBeat

A source who was on the sets said, ''We had just finished the song sequences on the truck from Pune to Malshet, and it was night time. As we were heading towards our next location, Salman Khan appearedand created a scene. He was uncontrollable for those four-and-a-half hours. That's when an upset Azizbhai called off the entire schedule."

The source added, "Choreographer Farah Khan did not want to pack up and leave. She said, 'Let's continue shooting.' Even Aishwarya was of the same opinion. But what the director said, prevailed, and they called off the shoot for that day."...

India Today: SRK

Q. Do you regret dropping Aishwarya Rai from the film?

A. To start a project with someone and then change her for no fault of hers is very difficult. It is very sad as Ash is a good friend. Personally I think I did wrong. But as a producer it made sense. I apologised to Ash.

=====================================================

At that point as a producer, SRKs two previous films had flopped and his production company couldn't afford another financial failure.  But in this case he fired the victim, and not just from this film, she was removed from several others she was to star in with him and according to Ash she wasn't even personally notified.   Rani who was Ash's close friend didn't even warn her let alone consult with her when she replaced her in the film and that ended their friendship as well.

Edited by Talis - 3 years ago
Aegon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

YES

NO

-

My gawd, I thought I'd heard everything when it comes to this incident, but "SRK fought for Aish" is LOLOLOL not what happened. At all. 

I understand, as a fan, you want to create a dream-version of events but no, it's transparent.

What SRK did was a p*ssy move. Instead of STANDING UP to Salman, he decided to remove Aishwarya from the project and roped in her best friend Rani through the backdoor.

We are NOT about to rewrite history y'all(!!!) FFS

Calm yourself 

This is the version I KNOW

It’s not important enough to be written in HISTORY...FFS

Your understanding comes from a place of generalization, ma’am 

I read this on Twitter so shared it, didn’t know people overreact like this here and treat Bollywood gossip as religious texts 

My apologies 

Edited by Aegon - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

India Today: SRK

Q. Do you regret dropping Aishwarya Rai from the film?

A. To start a project with someone and then change her for no fault of hers is very difficult. It is very sad as Ash is a good friend. Personally I think I did wrong. But as a producer it made sense. I apologised to Ash.

I’m sure he still paid her 😆

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I’m sure he still paid her 😆

That didn't help her career, especially when she was dropped from 4 other movies.  

Salman screwed with her career and SRK not only let him on that film but screwed with it some more out of fear of Salman - her EX - continuing being a destructive disruptive abusive drunken asshole.

heartbleed thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It was Shahrukh's fault more than Salman and Aishwarya according to me.