Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

I sometimes wonder why I keep on going back to ASI-( Spoilers ahead)

There is much that is not ok with the show- -the whole Asi kidnapping, the Ali- Malek shenanigans ,Demir getting a very unfair out by the writers by showing him to be suffering from a life threatening cancer. Thus leading him to be forgiven even though he had abandoned his wife after wrongly accusing her of adultery.

However there is much to like about the show-

Asi- I like Asi the character very much ,she is headstrong, proud ,rebellious like her namesake river but also has a generous, giving heart.The actress who plays her, Tuba is beautiful and manages to work as Asi.

Demir- When I started watching,I found the actor playing Kerim far more good looking than Murat. Slowly, Murat as Demir grew on me. Demir is a problematic character - when he is in love and expressing it he is lovely -- the highs are really high with this character but the lows can be incredibly low😔

I like the rural setting and the subplots  of the show as well- Aslan, Kerim-Defne, Suhelya -Ihsan, Cemal Aga - all have interesting arcs and stories.

dahibhalle thumbnail

A single tear

frozen in time

poised to fall- James T Adair

Interestingly the folk song they played during this scene mentioned Majnoo- it's almost like he is an universal aashiq😆, fascinating how folk lores travel from cultures .

dahibhalle thumbnail

Watching Ramo and the creatives seem confused between Ramo the vengeful mob guy and Ramo the majnoo who thinks he has been betrayed by his love.

There is just too many women crying in the initial scenes and I am beginning to think Turks don't do subtle very well- everything is dialled up to max😆

This was my problem with Suskunlar as well - the story initially seemed engrossing, the subject matter interesting and Murat's acting in it is top notch but then they just kept on adding plots and subplots till it looked like they completely lost the plot.

I enjoy the cat and mouse game in this show and so far there is too little of it- will continue watching later as I cannot watch a show for 2+plus hours in one sitting.

dahibhalle thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/gR6fmU3W1BI[/YOUTUBE]

dahibhalle thumbnail

Finally finished watching Ramo and the second half did intrigue much better than the first half.

I like it when people use their brains on the show- Sibel strategising > Sibel crying any day. I am curious to see how she deals with the inheritance money.

However the whole episode gave me major filler vibes ,more building up suspense as to what would happen in the following episode.

dahibhalle thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/4RxTgqk-6D8[/YOUTUBE]

This was such an odd little show- there was something so pitiable yet compelling about Esra's obsession with Kartal who did not love her as she wanted to be loved by him.

Edited by dahibhalle - 3 years ago
dahibhalle thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/PytkZsylJKI[/YOUTUBE]

Asi fell in love with Demir and then could never fall out of it.There is a very poignant scene where Asi tells Demir "you know I can't love anyone else"

dahibhalle thumbnail

Never thought I would be worrying about ratings of a Turkish show yet here I am, worried about Ramo's falling ratings🤔

Watching Ashk Ve Ceza and am again stunned at how many common words there are in Turkish and Hindi- my favorite is sabah-sabah ,the Turkish way of saying subah- subah.

dahibhalle thumbnail

Demir (Asi) and Savash( Ask ve Ceza)

Two men from a privileged background, one born into it (Savash) and one had to work for it.

Both men are trapped - one by traditions (Savash) and one by the demons of his past.

Both fall in love deeply and irrevocably ,however Savash is a confident man with his heart and mind in complete harmony as he pursues his love.

He is a patient, calculative man.He is a married man, forced to marry because of traditions to save the life of his widowed sister- in - law when he finds Yasemine again. Yet he decides to hide his marital status from her ,rationalising that he would tell her this later when " she was completely in love with him and also he would divorce his first wife by then"

Demir ,on the other hand, is plagued by insecurities with his heart often in conflict with itself. He is often his own worst enemy when it comes to his love. The man has immense capacity to love -watch the way he completely melts when he hears Asi went to Asos after him when he left her. 

dahibhalle thumbnail

And he pulls me back with a look

Was kinda losing interest in this show yet how can I resist this look