starstruckk thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I was watching this interview of Rajkumar Rao randomly and he mentioned how SRK is the reason why he became an actor. He also mentioned every guy from Dellhi who is an actor or wants to be an actor (forgot how he worded it), is sub-consciously on this journey because of SRK. Additionally, I have heard Sushant Singh and Karthik say the same (among others ). 

I know there are other outsiders who have made it in Bollywood, but I feel most actors of today always mention SRK, and these are different kinds of actor citing this - as in they aren't all the chocolate boy-esque actors, they're just actors (a lot of outsiders) who look up to SRK. I feel the reason for that is because SRK's journey has arguably been the most unique. I also think it has to do with the fact that SRK upon meeting these actors tends to be warm and kind - I think that stands out to many in an obnoxious industry. Otherwise, I doubt many would want say he's their inspiration out loud. I barely ever hear these guys say anyone elses name. 

I honestly feel if we didn't have a SRK in Bollywood, a lot of outsiders might not have had someone else to look up to and continue working towards their dreams. Thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Rajan Shahi, the producer of Tele world also said recently that Shahrukh inspired him to get into acting and rejection made him give it up😆

I think it's a bit of a stretch to think if Shah had not been there, they wouldn't have had their inspiration.. dreams have a way to carve their path.. now and then, someone manages to break the shackles..  if not Shahrukh, the dreamers would have found their inspiration from someone else or perhaps followed their heart without an inspiration because they had the passion

That being said, his journey is unique and not just because he is an outsider who made it.. the warmth he exhudes has a lot to do with it despite the occasional slip ups

I remember watching an IV of Hussain Juhi where host asked about an experience with a star that remained with them and both of them shared their anecdotes with Shahrukh and the host replied that most guests to whom he asks the question name Shahrukh.. there is gotta be a reason for that

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

There is a reason why .....when people are happy with someone....they say...ye toh Shahrukh banega....even now that his movies are not doing well....he is still the bench mark of BW...still people will say ...next SRK....

Like u said the reason why RajKumar or Sushant or Karthik feel he is an inspiration because they connect with him and he with them....he can joke with them and make fun of them....but at the end he encourages them....that half video without the context that people went on bashing him for making fun of Sushant...either they did not see the end of it or they ignored it where he had hugged SSR so warmly and said BW ka future...

Of course in his 30 years of career he has run his mouth several times...said and did things that I am not proud of......but then we all have our share of what we have done...but if u do the math....he is still the best one that we have...

But brace urself for all the videos and quotes and what not that some people who do not like SRK will bring as if those define his 30 years in BW😆

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I can't claim him to be an inspiration to me because my path was/is entirely different😆. Still, there's a lot to learn from his drive, his perseverance, the lack of artifice. Yes, he's made mistakes. He's human, not God.  Still the one decent human among Bollywood stars.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Siddhant Chaturvedi.....another one who is inspired by SRK..😆

The last I knew was Mr. Shah Rukh Khan who inspired me greatly. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/siddhant-chaturvedi-opens-up-on-his-nepotism-snide-to-ananya-panday-internet-made-a-thing-out-of-it/story-Q8PUSOjefIUrfziOI7GcaJ.html

Renee.Clare thumbnail
Most Liked (January 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: starstruckk

I was watching this interview of Rajkumar Rao randomly and he mentioned how SRK is the reason why he became an actor. He also mentioned every guy from Dellhi who is an actor or wants to be an actor (forgot how he worded it), is sub-consciously on this journey because of SRK. Additionally, I have heard Sushant Singh and Karthik say the same (among others ). 

I know there are other outsiders who have made it in Bollywood, but I feel most actors of today always mention SRK, and these are different kinds of actor citing this - as in they aren't all the chocolate boy-esque actors, they're just actors (a lot of outsiders) who look up to SRK. I feel the reason for that is because SRK's journey has arguably been the most unique. I also think it has to do with the fact that SRK upon meeting these actors tends to be warm and kind - I think that stands out to many in an obnoxious industry. Otherwise, I doubt many would want say he's their inspiration out loud. I barely ever hear these guys say anyone elses name. 

I honestly feel if we didn't have a SRK in Bollywood, a lot of outsiders might not have had someone else to look up to and continue working towards their dreams. Thoughts?

I agree with you. And bold, though I don't watch many off-screen interviews. Have watched few award clips related to SRK, he is one of those who welcomes new actors with lot of warmth. Appreciates them and encourage them. I watched an old award show related to Irrfan where Irrfan got an award for Haasil and SRK appreciated him so much. He does the same for others too. 

His journey has been really inspiring. And also Relatable to common people. Reaching at the pinnacle of success and making a place there not only as a successful actor but a superstar, the kind of stardom which would be  difficult to find in coming eras or impossible if not much. 

Edited by Renee.Clare - 3 years ago
reel_real thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I guess seeing SRK's journey it gives them a sense of familiarity. Not only to actors but in other field as well, it kinda gives motivation that "if a commoner like SRK can make it so big, with enough drive, passion and hard work then we can do as well"

He is like a living motivational quote, whose story is known to almost every Indian. It doesn't hurt that he is one of the most warmest celebrity. 

Once I met him at Netaji airport, his flight boarding had started and he was on his way. But still he took a moment to sign a autograph for me and mine friends without getting annoyed and wrote a sweet message as well.

Edited by reel_real - 3 years ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

Shahrukh Khan's journey to stardom is nothing less of a fairytale. He was just like any other average Joe who had dreams and aspirations for his future. I guess we can all somewhat relate to his story and gain inspiration, especially seeing that he came with nothing but became everything due to his hard-work and perseverance. Moreover, SRK was not considered good-looking in BW because everyone was blind AS-FACK back in those days *coughJuhicough*, so it became even more awesome that an outsider with average looks (lieslies) became most women's fantasy for an ideal hero (mine included) smiley36

His offscreen personality and charm is a whole new level of endearing. I know SRK is not perfect and in the last 30 years has made many mistakes, but I have never seen another superstar ooze that much warmth and friendliness like he does. In most interviews all I see is SRK cracking jokes and even insulting himself at times, which makes him appear much more grounded and humble despite the superstardom that he has achieved. 

There ain't many like my cutie ☺️ 

Srk GIF - Find on GIFER

Dilwale Updates Thread #5: Trailer 2 Love story - An Intense One ...

Sophia The Robot Picks SRK As Her Favourite Actor & Now We Know ...

Edited by FingerFetish - 3 years ago
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

SRK journey from serials to playing grey charcaters in movies to becoming the lover boy roles is an inspiration for sure 

BUT SRK has cleverly used PR and media to make himself a brand 

Similiarly SRK was used by Yash Raj and Kjo to bring up their banners 

SRK is not really middle class without contacts his father was an freedom fighter and knew everyone from Gandhi, Nehru to Aazad etc 

Also SRK maternal grandfather is also a very big civil servant etc 

Hes not really a middle class, he had contacts that no middle class shall have 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Ennuyi thumbnail

SRK is an inspiration for all middle class Indians (not just Delhites) who aspires to make it big in any industry not just bollywood.