Sanjay Leela Bhansal, Ram Leela, Aditya Chopra.....Sushant

desert_rose thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

https://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/sushant-rajputs-final-journey-galaxy

According to many reports, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s first choice for Ram Leela was Sushant....SLB approached YRF and Aditya Chopra to allow Sushant to work in the movie......seems YRF actors cant sign movies because their contract and everything goes through Aditya Chopra and he refused to release Rajput....then through power manipulation Aditya Chopra gave this opportunity to Ranveer and rest is history 

Guys can you just imagine if Sushant was in Ram Leela and what this could have done for his career...first of all I agree he was the perfect pick for the role....Yes better than Ranveer by miles 

Oh God just imagine how he felt seeing this opportunity lost from him and looking at Ranveer's career's now 

Then comes again the whole Paani thing directed by Shekhar Kapur where Aditya Chopra backed out of Paani after three years of pre-production work which led to a big fight between SSR and Aditya Chopra. Karan Johar reportedly got involved in the fight and took the side of Chopra then Sushant left YRF

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/346191/sushant-singh-rajput-upset-aditya-chopra-cuts-ties-yrf

Edited by desert_rose - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He wouldn’t have been The Ram that Ranveer was. Ranveer made it entertaining. Even if he didn’t film Paani didn’t he replace Hrithik  

desert_rose thumbnail

https://dhumor.in/movies-in-which-sushant-singh-rajput-was-the-first-choice/

Other movies in which Sushant Singh Rajput was the first choice include:

Kabir Singh

Saare Jahan Se Accha  which is supposed to be the biopic of India’s first man on the moon

Befikre

Half Girlfriend

Andhadhun......this movie is properly the biggest lost, it could have done wonders for his career along with Ram Leela and Kabir Singh

kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

I read somewhere that he auditioned for Ashiqui 2, and was selected, but that also went to someone else. Both Ram Leela and Ashiqi 2 released in 2013, the year in which he debuted with a very small budget movie Kai Po Che followed by Shuddh desi romance. 

Imagine if he landed both these big ticket movies instead of the 2 small movies he acted in, Sushant ko Kuch alag hi direction mil jaati shayad. 

I wonder why didn SLB approach him again later. I think Sushant could have played Raja Ratan Singh better than Shahid . 

I know these are all futile talks now, but I can't stop myself from thinking about him. 

kuchnaakahoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: desert_rose

https://dhumor.in/movies-in-which-sushant-singh-rajput-was-the-first-choice/

Other movies in which Sushant Singh Rajput was the first choice include:

Kabir Singh

Saare Jahan Se Accha  which is supposed to be the biopic of India’s first man on the moon

Befikre

Half Girlfriend

Andhadhun......this movie is properly the biggest lost, it could have done wonders for his career along with Ram Leela and Kabir Singh

May be this is why he slipped into depression thinking that even after MS Dhoni he was not able to crack such lucrative deals for himself. And whatever projects he was a part of , the credit went to either the director or the actress. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TheSmurfs

I read somewhere that he auditioned for Ashiqui 2, and was selected, but that also went to someone else. Both Ram Leela and Ashiqi 2 released in 2013, the year in which he debuted with a very small budget movie Kai Po Che followed by Shuddh desi romance. 

Imagine if he landed both these big ticket movies instead of the 2 small movies he acted in, Sushant ko Kuch alag hi direction mil jaati shayad. 

I wonder why didn SLB approach him again later. I think Sushant could have played Raja Ratan Singh better than Shahid . 

I know these are all futile talks now, but I can't stop myself from thinking about him. 

Sushant wouldn’t been perfect for Ratan Singh. For me Shahid looked too puny and small boned. Sushant would’ve filled that frame a lot better 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

IMO Sushant would have at the very least looked better with Deepika. I don't think Ranveer Deepika are an eye candy pair. Even though Ranveer clearly loves her. The flirtation of Ram Ranveer nailed. I'm not sure if Sushant could have done it with his innocence. 

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Sushant did a lot of good films, made a lot of money and did better than any TV star to transition into films in recent years. Most of his films did well. He did accomplish a lot even if he lost some opportunities.

Edited by Gauahargeous_N - 3 years ago
desert_rose thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauahargeous_N

Sushant did a lot of good films, made a lot of money and did better than any TV star to transition into films in recent years. Most of his films did well. He did accomplish a lot even if he lost some opportunities.

these are not some opportunities....these are MAJOR opportunities....look at Ranveer's career now 

and the way it happened like why YRF did that to him 

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

He left YRf after promising befikre , as he had left 10-12 films for paani which was shelved by YRf, he was replaced by ranveer by aditya.

That's when he left the YRf and trashed befikre publically.