Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: desert_rose

I have watched Jhanvi in Dhadak and I have never seen a worst performance in years...ok her debut movie give the girl a chance then I watched Ghost Stories

Has anyone seen Ghost Stories...watching Jhanvi on-screen was painfull...no acting no dialogue delivery no expression...nothing 

Now Jhanvi Kapoor is singed to 4 or 5 movies with Dharma Productions....Gunjan Saxena Gunjan, Dostana 2, Takht, and Mr. Lele and more yet to come 

Every time I think of the shocked expression she tried to give at the end of Dhadak. 🤢🤢🤢

Who was more atrocious in their debut ? Alia despite being bad and a complete misfit for a college bomb didn’t have much acting to do in SOTY. Jhanvi had to act and she couldn’t. 

I should get use to her way of giving expressions it seems. 

K.Ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

&nonam they did.

Ranbir didn’t debut with YRF or approached yrf for opportunity so no 3 movie deal. That’s a newcomer ruse or for less established actors.

Ranveer and Arjun did do 3 back to back movies with YRF.

The only difference being they were given 3 movies so they had a way out to sign movies with new banner.

Sushant on the other hand after Shudh Desi was left high and dry with Paani. 

Edited by K.Ahm - 3 years ago
Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

It isn't like he didn't work in films that went on to make it big at the box office. The issue is that he wasn't recognized for it, therein lies the problem.

He wasn't someone who was going nowhere, as Manoj Bajpayee said. 

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Guguminti

Alia was more disastrous in SOTY. Jhanvi eventually will be groomed and if she can't act they might start making roles that just suits her till the time she will get immense time to groom herself. 

I still can't believe Tara Sutaria isn't even considered. Manushi Chillar just vanished though she was willing to Join Bollywood. 

We r stuck with Jhanvi, Anannya and others. Ananya is just A more prettier Sasti copy of Alia Bhatt. 

Who is Tara Sutaria? I hear about her all the time. Some random new comer.

Manushi Chillar has gone back to medicine.

Deviant_Pixel thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauahargeous_N

Sushant did a lot of good films, made a lot of money and did better than any TV star to transition into films in recent years. Most of his films did well. He did accomplish a lot even if he lost some opportunities.

But thats the problem I guess, he did well and once you succeed you  always have to raise the bar for yourself. Its mind boggling if once you succeed you are still struggling to get movies, although no doubt it is next to impossible to transition from TV to BW and deliver those hits which Sushant did do very well. 

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Gauahargeous_N

Sushant did a lot of good films, made a lot of money and did better than any TV star to transition into films in recent years. Most of his films did well. He did accomplish a lot even if he lost some opportunities.

He had a good career trajectory in my opinion. Which is far from 'unsucessful'. 

He was doing better than most star kids, and had a lot to look forward to. Most movies with star kids are utter trash.

No to mention, he had a movie to be released in August. 

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guguminti

Alia was more disastrous in SOTY. Jhanvi eventually will be groomed and if she can't act they might start making roles that just suits her till the time she will get immense time to groom herself. 

I still can't believe Tara Sutaria isn't even considered. Manushi Chillar just vanished though she was willing to Join Bollywood. 

We r stuck with Jhanvi, Anannya and others. Ananya is just A more prettier Sasti copy of Alia Bhatt. 

things are gonna get worse,  wait till Suhana khan,  Shanaya and Ajay-Kajol's daughters debut 

desert_rose thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: colossial2015

Who is Tara Sutaria? I hear about her all the time. Some random new comer.

Manushi Chillar has gone back to medicine.

You are joking right....probably you are the only person here who didn't hear about a movie called SOTY2...dont watch by all means by the way👎🏼 but at least you heard about it, saw promotions, right??.....do you know Ananya Pandy then?

Tara Sutaria was in SOTY2 and was overshadowed by Ananya in every way possible...I think KJO would have even asked her to not join promotions if he had his way 

Google her....nice girl Tara...hope she gets her chance

Edited by desert_rose - 3 years ago
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Asjad Nazir

@asjadnazir

Some things are starting to make sense. When Kedarnath came out I wanted to interview #SushantSinghRajput as always loved speaking to him, but was only given an option of interviewing Sara Ali Khan. I refused and didn't run any interview.

3:30 AM · Jun 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

Retweets

Asjad Nazir

@asjadnazir

·

Replying to @asjadnazir

When Chhichhore came out I was only given the option to interview Shraddha Kapoor and not #SushantSinghRajput - Now looking back there have been many situations like that, where star kids are pushed in front of media ahead of other cast members (some more senior)

Asjad Nazir

@asjadnazir

·

Have looked back through my records and realised that when a star kid plays the lead role in a Bollywood movie, 95 per cent of time, media is not given option of a solo interview with co-star unless it's another star kid. Now tell me #nepotism doesn't exist?#SushantSinghRajput

KewlDude thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChinChinChooo

It isn't like he didn't work in films that went on to make it big at the box office. The issue is that he wasn't recognized for it, therein lies the problem.

He wasn't someone who was going nowhere, as Manoj Bajpayee said. 

exactly. 

And what I feel is that if he was not being selected originally for movies like Ashiqui 2 , Paani etc and thereafter those were not snatched from him ,then he would have worked hard to achieve those.

But whatever happened to him was not unfortunate,  but unfair. And that might have broken him.