Users

Frequent Posters

desert_rose thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: tina59

Asjad Nazir

@asjadnazir

Some things are starting to make sense. When Kedarnath came out I wanted to interview #SushantSinghRajput as always loved speaking to him, but was only given an option of interviewing Sara Ali Khan. I refused and didn't run any interview.

3:30 AM · Jun 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

Retweets

Asjad Nazir

@asjadnazir

·

Replying to @asjadnazir

When Chhichhore came out I was only given the option to interview Shraddha Kapoor and not #SushantSinghRajput - Now looking back there have been many situations like that, where star kids are pushed in front of media ahead of other cast members (some more senior)

Asjad Nazir

@asjadnazir

·

Have looked back through my records and realised that when a star kid plays the lead role in a Bollywood movie, 95 per cent of time, media is not given option of a solo interview with co-star unless it's another star kid. Now tell me #nepotism doesn't exist?#SushantSinghRajput

I100% feel the same with this post of nepotism and star kids being front and center during promotions 

Sushant was the heart and soul of Kedarnath...his performance put the whole movie together and what a performance, really loved his performance...such an honest subtle performance, along with the story, direction and the beautiful nature in the scenes and VFX...

Sara did well in the movie but Kedarnath belonged to Sushant and sad enough Sara had the best chemistry with him not with Kartik and I doubt with Varun...I would have loved to see Sushant and Sara in another movie after Kedarnath

But what happened it was Sara Ali Khan's debut and the whole media craze that went with it...I am sure now that in each and every interview journalist didn't care if SSR was there or not....all the questions were for Sara which was really disrespectful 

Go watch the interviews and will notice it

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: desert_rose

https://dhumor.in/movies-in-which-sushant-singh-rajput-was-the-first-choice/

Other movies in which Sushant Singh Rajput was the first choice include:

Kabir Singh

Saare Jahan Se Accha  which is supposed to be the biopic of India’s first man on the moon

Befikre

Half Girlfriend

Andhadhun......this movie is properly the biggest lost, it could have done wonders for his career along with Ram Leela and Kabir Singh

Never heard before that he was considered for Kabir Singh. Sandeep Roy Vanga always told that Shahid Kapoor was his ultimate choice after Ranveer Singh turned down his offer, while the producers were thinking to cast Arjun as the lead. Sushant's name was nowhere in the story. After his death I have seen this article where his name is being mentioned for Kabir Singh movie (probably for increasing the views), but originally he wasn't considered for the role.

Edited by ffkhan - 3 years ago
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

As I said I noticed it when Sushant and Sara came on IGT while Sara was made to sit right in the middle. Sushant was pushed to the end next to Kiran Kher/

all questions, camera all focussed on Sara, once in a while, SSR was shown but the focus was on her, her reactions, her expressions, etc.

I felt bad for SSR then but now I realize this is how it is done to ignore / be indifferent/ belittle , this is how they get rid of ones they don't want in their circle.

colossial2015 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: desert_rose

You are joking right....probably you are the only person here who didn't hear about a movie called SOTY2...dont watch by all means by the way👎🏼 but at least you heard about it, saw promotions, right??.....do you know Ananya Pandy then?

Tara Sutaria was in SOTY2 and was overshadowed by Ananya in every way possible...I think KJO would have even asked her to not join promotions if he had his way 

Google her....nice girl Tara...hope she gets her chance

I know about Ananya Pandey before she entered movies. I generally do not care for bollywood movies much. Tara would need to get a support of a camp or super rich or  a big star to push her career ahead.

I know why star kids succeed and outsiders do not. I heard and seen  how super rich in India is extremely closed and knitted together. Star kids generally go to same schools along the kids of the rich. They start networking withing their diapers. These rich kids then further get them endorsements and refer them to movies as favor to childhood friend These star kids do any favor to their friends in return.

Most of the rich in India do not like middle class or outsiders. They will not let even get near to them. I know about one family which makes their staff wait at garage. They look down on middle class and are obsessed with the royal families.

I have dealt with enough rich and famous in my career. I know how much favor they can provide you in your career, including removing anyone who harassing you.

Tara has to enter this society and succeed. She cannot say anything about anyone but should bear any nonsense.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TheSmurfs

I read somewhere that he auditioned for Ashiqui 2, and was selected, but that also went to someone else. Both Ram Leela and Ashiqi 2 released in 2013, the year in which he debuted with a very small budget movie Kai Po Che followed by Shuddh desi romance. 

Imagine if he landed both these big ticket movies instead of the 2 small movies he acted in, Sushant ko Kuch alag hi direction mil jaati shayad. 

I wonder why didn SLB approach him again later. I think Sushant could have played Raja Ratan Singh better than Shahid . 

I know these are all futile talks now, but I can't stop myself from thinking about him. 

First choice for Ashiqui 2 was some Pakistani actor who turned him down. His name is Imran Abbas I think. He says he regrets it to this day,