Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

This is one movie where everyone was wrong and committed grave crimes 

Bobby character Raj was most decent of the three. His one big crime was after he knows amisha cheated on him he should have confronted her and may be seperate from her for sometime till she confessed her wrong doings and may be slowly forgive her over time. But he asked akshay to kill her. Thats a crime. 

Amisha: Was next one who did lesser crime than akshaye khannas character. Tell me marrying a man to get his money and than divorcing him and marrying your lover is that not a very big crime. It can easily get you atleast 5-7 years in jail. Amisha is not a 5 year old child that she can be forgiven as innocent girl trapped by a lover to commit crime. She knew akshayes plan of getting her married for money to bobby. She even did that vrath natak to keep bobby away from her because she loved akshaye. If bobby had not taken care of her in hospital after accident and if akshay had not shown getting angry at her for meeting with accident she would have divorced bobby for impotency and left with his money to akshaye. Only accident and bobby keeping vrath to save her life changed her mind. Its not like she reaized shes done a crime, she just compared bobby with akshaye and felt bobby was better human for her and decided to remain his wife. Anyways she gets his 100% property now than if she had implemented divorce plan no. 

Akshaye of course was highly criminal minded to do this plan. But he was dumb too. Tell me if a girl is marrying a  super rich guy than you whose much better human than you who has name and fame and money etc in world why will your gf divorce him and come to you with that rich mans money dumbo. She will remain married and enjoy all perks and luxury herself na. Akshaye plan was so stupid. I can understand if akshaye and amisha had a child together and they made this plan and than amisha may be forced to come back to akshaye. Otherwise which sane girl will come back to lover? Also bobby was more handsome and smart than akshaye by miles. So why should amisha go back to him after marraige? It was a foolish plan by akshaye khanna's character 

But this movie was good. If you have watched an old movie of dharmendra called blackmail it had similar plot. It had that famos song pal pal dil ke paas too. Same way hollywood movies have come with similar theme. Over all a good movie, could have explored the diff ascpects of these three characters more. Bobby truly suited business man role. Amisha over acted and screamed too much in few scenes. Akshay was very good as villan. Both bobby and akshay are good actors depends on script. But they faded away after 2005 which is sad. Akshaye of course had personal tragedy his dad was unwell. Bobby was over shadowed by hrithik and  choose wrong scripts. Now both are back its good to see them back. A few more movies they will get back in form like in prime. The right roles and movie scripts will get them rolling back in acting. Good that both did not blame the bollywood camps but their own errors for disappearing. Bollywood camps too had a huge role in not getting them opportunities. Both refused to pander to big director/producer egos. Both did not act in karan jodha/chopra camps ever mostly which were more dominating. And both did not do love stories that were rage in 1990s and early 2000s. A great man is one who understands his own mistakes and accepts them in life. Especially bobby read the below interview. I have never seen an actor especially indian actor talk so frankly in his life ever

https://www.filmcompanion.in/interviews/bollywood-interview/bobby-deol-race-3-full-interview-exclusive-career-failures-comeback-family/

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

It was an amazing film 

Dianaseb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dianaseb

I kind of wonder what options Raj would have had the way he got trapped. If he went to police, he could get Karan arrested and I guess he feared his name being brought down and his family reputation etc. although it was he who was the victim anyway. Moreover his ego was kicked when he realized what the woman she loved did, I guess. Yes it's a crime to plan to kill someone and he did try to do that. I don't think there was anything confront for him though with Ameesha. Because it's not like she had been his wife really. 

On Ameesha's defense even before she had the accident she already has guilt and some feelings for Raj. She was given shares worth crores by Raj's family but she doesn't rejoice it but feels kind of awkward. Also, she doesn't like the idea of proving Raj as impotent. But again. she still keeps on to the lie until the end, but at least she confesses and decides to die if Raj doesn't forgive her. Hence she gets some redemption. But yeah she got away too easy. They really should have had her suffer and fix things. It's her who killed Akshaye in the end let's hope she goes to jail for a bit haha! 

Had it been an old rich man who didn't love Ameesha, then yes the plan sounded reasonable. But with Bobby's character, there was nothing to fault, and why any girl would reject him unless she hates him or loves another. But here Ameesha-Akshaye relation wasn't convincing enough. In fact the way Ameesha played the character, she seemed more in love with Raj than she ever was with Karan. Goes to show she didn't really love Karan. I think had they built more on Oriya-Karan and tightened up on how Raj forgives Priya... it would have been even better movie.

Now coming to Bobby, he had so much confidence in Barsaat, and Gupt, Kareeb all were versatile and good performances. Compare Birju of Kareeb to Badal or Gupt's Sahil or to Raj of Humraaz. He did have range. And he had the looks and swag no other actor had in Bollywood. He was slick, macho, posh and even macho at the same time. Oh well, I think he just didn't click the right button at the right time. Hopefully he does some good stuff in the second innings. Yeah camp is indeed a thing too!

Along with this Anupama Chopra interview he did, he had done some Huff post interviews back in 2016/17, very genuine. Please check them out if interested. He was again unbelievably honest. I remember reading some of his very old interviews (he seldom did them, nor did he do many TV show type stuff which most other actors do). He admitted to a failed romance in his younger days, saying how he was depressed breaking of a 5 year old relation while he really tried hard to keep it going. I guess it was with Neelam.. Alas! I also like how genuinely appreciative he is of his wife Tania. 

I hope good for Akshaye too, he Is another actor worth great roles.

I read some interviews of bobby/akshaye etc and this is what i feel about their careers 

Bobby deol - he came late in movies in mid 90s when akshay, ajay, amir, srk, salman all were established. If he came in 1990 or 1991 when these ppl were not established could have been a big successful hero mostly. 

Second reason he flopped was because he did only one type of roles action and mystery. 1990s was romance and musical error not truly action era. Although sunny deol was successful in that era but he could not sustain for long. Even akshay/ajay had to change track to romance/comedy to stay afloat. 

Third reason he flopped is because of sunny deol. Sunny deol fought with all big directors and camps be it yash chopra- during darr, so yash chopra camp and karan johar camp boyotted bobby deol. Usually after 1995 most successful hero/heroine was because of yash chopra/karan johar movies only. Sunny deol even fought with raj kumar santosh etc who were good directors. That closed big doors for Bobby deol. 

Fourth reason bobby flopped is no variety and refusal to do two hero movies to stay relevant. Sometimes life does not go as per your dreams and wish. You have to compromise in life to stay relevant or get work etc. Only those people who compromise go up in life. Because bollywood is not based on quality and talent. Its all friendship and relationship that works there. Its same in many industry. This is also reason why akshaye also flopped and failed to have big career in 1990s. Both bobby and akshaye are not street smart guys, they do not know how to be diplomatic but are straight forward. Such ppl cannot have long careers. Because world does not like those who speak truth or as it is. They are not good in self promotion and PR like amir, SRK etc. Nor are they good at staying in news through affairs/fights like akshay/saif/salman. Thats why both flopped badly

Otherwise bobby could be top hero like Hrithik Roshan even today. Like you said he had everything good looks, tall, handsome, dancing skills, acting skills that improved with every movie, swag, dressing sense in initial movies was very good (till his wife became stylist).

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Dianaseb thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Bobby Deol is good-looking, but very limited as an actor. Also, I never found him underrated.

Underrated are people like Akshay Khanna and Abhay Deol.

Dianaseb thumbnail

Abhay Deol is another Deol that the industry has let down while he has tried very hard to make a difference.

Dianaseb thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
Dianaseb thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dianaseb

Btw, it seems Bobby's debut Barsaat was to come in 1991, when he was like 22. But due to Shekhar Kapoor ditching the movie in between, it didn't happen until 1995. That's some hard luck indeed.

This is true i saw a interview of bobby and priety joint and they were talking

Even priety was to debut in 1993 in tararampum by shekar kapur

shekar kapur ditched her movie too and she debuted in 1996/7 

karishma kapoor and bobby were to debut together in barsaat she also walked out after shooting because of delay 

so its like everyone walking off that movie barsaat

its a surprise it even released in 1995 or was it 1996 with so many ditching it

Bobby had to give up many movies because barsaat was delayed by 5-6 years

Otherwise he would debut same year as SRK, akshay, ajay devgan, sunil shetty etc in 1991-92

And 5 years is a long time in bollywood look at karishma in 5 years she did 20-30 movies because she left barsaat or she would not become that big actress that she became if she debuted in 1995-96. Actually her big film raja hindustani her first hit was in 1996. So you can see if she debuted in barsaat in 1995 her career would be over in 6 more years in 2001/2