Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: Dianaseb

Hey we have to credit Tania Deol for a lot of his great looks! Soldier sleeveless waist coats were her idea it seems. :-). They will go with Bobby's image to death. Naiyyo Naiyyo song and the classic Solider walk!

Tanya was making decisions for his costumes all along. He was married right after Barsaat. She did great in many movies including Dillagi. I don't have an issue with that.

I do agree the Deols haven't been "in the news" for all sorts of made up reasons. Especially Bobby hasn't had much of controversies. I guess that might have worked against him for somethings. But seeing their interviews, they seem more honest and shy people. Not a bad thing really. But oh well.. the industry

is cruel and cheap in ways.

Yes Bobby hasn't been in news for affairs etc. There are stories of him and Neelam before his marriage but then he has talked about it in a straight forward way and that's all. It's a good thing for his personal life that he has a stable marriage.. well it's better that way hmm..

The camps sure had a thing against Bobby. I have read reviews and issues like Bobby was too good looking for a village boy in Kareeb! I mean seriously, how can that be a bad thing?

I haven't followed Akshaye Khanna's career as much but he is another talented actor not used enough by bollywood.

Coming back to Bobby, yes he did make poor choices, more poor choices than better ones.

All I can say is he gets to do some good work now that he is back. Man, he still looks so good nevertheless.

I am not sure about his wife

But i heard his dressing was very good in first 4-5 movies when outside designers were designing

Once tania came his dressing went down

bobby's poor choice was not his choice mostly

it was sunny deol and dharmendras choice - if you know what i mean

bobby never wanted to cut his hair - dhamendra forced him too i had heard in tv once 

so basically he just followed what his bro/dad told him to do thats it

his advisers were not great at choosing movies if thats what you mean by poor choices

i doubt he had freedom to choose 

like karishma her movies were chosen by mom babita or shilpa shetty her mom would choose

for bobby his bro/dad would choose mostly

when others choose or dictate your life you usually go wrong 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Dianaseb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It seems Bobby had started to shoot right after college and shot parts for a different story for barsaat! And then script got changed and his character changed. Then Shekhar Kapur walked off because he got to do Bandit Queen. Then director changed, plot changed again.

Yes for Preity also same story with Tararumpum which eventually got made with someone else. Rani I guess.

I am sure Sunny and Dharmendra would have had their say in Bobby’s career. I am also sure it would have been out of love and goodwill rather than anything else. Sunny apparently stopped shooting for a year or two in his busy career to make sure Barsaat gets made for Bobby after all the changes in directors.

But being a star kid has its own challenges I guess. Bobby has not once spoken against his family. Not even Abhay Deol for that matter who chose to live separately. So Deols do have very strong bonds with all their issues. 

But then Bobby has had his good days too! It’s hard to say what went wrong. Most stars go through these phases of poor choices or other nonsense. Oh well the industry is magic and tragic.

I am not sure when he started shoot

I saw an interview of bobby and priety on you tube with someone where they talk of their first movie

Bobby and priety were friends before bollywood only it seems

I am not saying sunny and dharmendra had bad intention etc

What i mean is dharmendra and sunny deol came at a diff time, they were nore into action movies etc

So they suggested similar movies to bobby and their directors

But after mid 90s its all about love story and comedy that bobby hardly did 

He was more into action/suspense movies 

Also they adviced him not to do two hero flicks and focus on one hero flick but when career going down you have to do multi starers to stay afloat that helps 

Thats all i mean that their gen was diff same advice not work in bobbys time thats all 

I remember in karan johar show karan asked sunny deol why you do not allow bobby freedom? same thing rajat sharma asked sunny deol in aap ki adalat.

Bobby obviously loves his elder bro a lot and respects dharmendra to ever say anything against them 

But his advicers went wrong, same with akshay khanna - thats my view as a neutral person 

Both akshay and bobby did not do PR, no affairs to stay in news, no going to parties, no chaplusi(street smart in eng), no proper script choosing advice etc so its tough to sustain 

Edited by myviewprem - 3 years ago
Dianaseb thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Chaplusi.. I didn’t know that word.:-) 

I see what you mean.. well now that Bobby is back, I hope for a few good movies for him. Not sure how Akshaye is going.. with all the new wave cinema these days Akshaye should be able to find good stuff as long as he is focused. 

Chaplusi. Also known as Lallo-Chappo. More informally known as Chaatana which should refer to licking of boots but actually refers to the licking of the $ss. Sorry I er digress. 😃